Author Topic: David Bowie has died :(  (Read 3578 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:40:40 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: David bowie has died :(
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:04:29 »
Holy ****...I didn't even realise he had cancer.  :'(

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:16:44 »
Oh noes! RIP

On Friday I listened to his new album, which is great. Then I thought, great, that he is here and still in business.
... ...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:18:08 »
Just heard, opened GH to see if there was a thread.

RIP sweet prince

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:20:32 »
oh ****
I love Elzy

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:23:21 »
RIP :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:24:27 »
RIP indeed.

I grew up listening to his music - Space Oddity was almost an anthem in the high school I went to.

:'(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:27:42 »
Fuuuuuu

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:32:40 »
and i think my spaceship knows which way to go
tell my wife i love her very much she knows

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:32:40 »
****ing crazy. I'm so glad I got to see him live once.

Such a loss to the music world.

Weird I actually feel a bit upset. Usually I just read these things with a neutral feeling.

Just... Wow.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: David Bowie has died :(
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:41:19 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:54:32 »
 :( can't believe it ... another great artist is gone :(
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:55:08 »
We can be heroes
Just for one day

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:55:54 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:59:39 »
Me and my SO were talking about his new album last night, wake up and this **** has happened... god damnit

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 02:06:19 »
Whoever thought Keith Richards would outlive the Thin White Duke.

Offline burli

• My Neo 2 Blog
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:19:07 »
Rest in Peace, David  :(
I love the Neo 2 Layout and splitted matrix keyboards. Never want to go back

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 04:45:38 »
Listening to this non stop

Not a valid vimeo URL

A legend never dies

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 07:24:26 »
That is too bad. "I didn't even know he was sick" as they say.

My faves were always "Hunky Dory" and "Scary Monsters" but his influence was not limited to his own body of musical work.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 08:03:07 »
If you're sad today, just remember the world is over 4 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.

From Simon Pegg's Instagram.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 08:05:56 »
RIP Starman. :'(

My mom was an extra during the filming of The Man Who Fell To Earth. She got to be in a scene with David Bowie, very briefly.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 08:09:35 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:12:43 »
Him and Freddie Mercuray are partying it up for sure.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:15:03 »
Him and Freddie Mercuray are partying it up for sure.

who?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:37:52 »
who?

Get caught on 1970s glam-rock, son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%28band%29

PS - I never really liked Queen myself
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:43:18 »
I never really liked Queen myself

Communist!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:44:28 »
who?

Get caught on 1970s glam-rock, son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%28band%29

PS - I never really liked Queen myself

Oh he was talking about Freddie Mercury.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:45:11 »
Gonna have to throw the Labyrinth VHS in for old times sake. Another legend gone  :-[

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:11:54 »
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:24:42 »
So sad, just watched Labyrinth a week ago with my wife who had never seen it.  He will be missed :(

RIP Starman. :'(

My mom was an extra during the filming of The Man Who Fell To Earth. She got to be in a scene with David Bowie, very briefly.

No way!  That is probably one of the most confusing movies I have ever seen, as I read the plot summary before watching it and was still very confused the whole time.  That and the fact that you get to see not just David Bowie but also Rip Torn's ****.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:37:48 »
This guy is one of the few humans to capture the end so eloquently.

He wasn't a quack, he didn't fake it to make it.  The entire experience with this guy has been genuine.

His vision will be missed.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:24:30 »
Plz no
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:38:24 »
Was really surprised by this

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:48:53 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35286749

Awesome interview he did in 2000 with Paxman

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:24:52 »

Probably one of my most listened to songs of his (I know it's a cover). About to watch Lazarus.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:20:10 »
dang..  more people Tp4 isn't cool enuff to know..