Author Topic: stupid people in life  (Read 1659 times)

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
stupid people in life
« on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 03:44:58 »
have you ever had the stupidest people in your life that you just want to spam their chatbox with this picture all day long?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: stupid people in life
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 03:49:40 »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:17:01 »
Very few people are stupid..

They either have a Narrow scope of desires,  or a limited means of self-expression..

It's not that they're dumb,    they're them, and they're different, as they live in a different world than you do.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:18:37 »

They either have a Narrow scope of desires,  or a limited means of self-expression..

It's not that they're dumb,    they're them, and they're different, as they live in a different world than you do.
:thumb:

Edit: Also, most people fundamentally can not look at a situation from another's point of view. One of the most frustrating things is when you are trying to express something and the other person just doesn't get it at all. It's not that they aren't listening (well, not always) it is that they legit can't see why something would be any other way then which they perceive it to be.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:23:17 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:33:39 »

+1

I've met more "smart" people that I want to send that picture to, if we're being perfectly honest  :))

Additionally, when it comes to these things I always feel it's pointless to call people "stupid" or "smart" because those are the loosest definitions you could possible apply to someone. There are so many different types of intelligence...emotional, logical/mathematical, spatial, social, etc.

Usually when you don't get along with someone it's because they are lacking in one area where you are strong - heck I don't get a long with a lot of academically "intelligent" people.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:50:50 »

2lucid
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:37:18 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:02:16 »
I have a low tolerance for stupid people, but unless I think that I can help them in some way, I try to get away from them as quickly as possible and not waste any more of my time on them than I have to.

But, when trapped with a stupid person in an "authoritative" or supervisory capacity above me, it is excruciating. Demonstrating their errors can be satisfying, but not wasting time taunting them - nothing good can come from that.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:25:38 »
Stupid people do not realize that they are stupid.
So basically you could be stupid, too.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:43:50 »
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 20:36:55 »
Don't we all agree that texting while driving is a pretty stupid thing to do?

Offline tbc

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:25:16 »
Stupid people do not realize that they are stupid.
So basically you could be stupid, too.

You don't have to outrun the bear...
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 20:19:41 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVPdyYeaQU

This bit is confusing for me.

Because he's using  Stupid,  as parallel for "No Good at"

The imprecise use of terminology,  makes the point unclear..

Overall, he's talking about how much competance it takes in a highly 'specific task' to know that one's no good (stupid) at such a task..  This is true

But than he blankets the 'generally stupid' under that thought process  ,   what is 'the generally stupid'.. and where would the cuttoff for that be..

There's no argument or clear stance here, because the line to be drawn is unclear and potentially impossible to be established..

I think as an actor comedian, he's tuned to pick something general /relatable, and make fun of it,   this causes him to run a great deal of misattribution errors within his psyche.

Since it has been his job to make Funny, and error prone claims.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 20:27:30 »
Have you ever thought about how dumb the average person is, then realize that half the people are dumber than that?

George Carlin.

Though I do agree with tp on this one to a bit.  Most people that get called stupid or dumb, are simply uneducated in a particular subject matter at hand.  Though uneducated can be fixed, ignorance however, is much more difficult to remedy.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich