Author Topic: Dentists are like Drug Dealers.  (Read 2794 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Dentists are like Drug Dealers.
« on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:58:06 »
Every few months.. Hey Mr. Tp4 , you wanna come in for a cleaning? It's fully covered by your health insurance, why not come in friday..

ALSO,  Tp4 has perfect teeth, never had a cavity,  and they use that against you,  You have perfect teeth,  wouldn't want anything to change that, so you prolly need an xray..

Look, I get it, the Dentists pound the insurance programs for cash, but they should really at the very least give treatment to people who need it..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Dentists are like Drug Dealers.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 05:38:36 »
At the dentist, sitting in a waiting room and hearing drilling is just amazing customer experience design, if your goal is to terrify people.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rurushu

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 09:19:47 »
At the dentist, sitting in a waiting room and hearing drilling is just amazing customer experience design, if your goal is to terrify people.

damn... this iz da truth! I hate being at the dentist, no one like being with dentist unless that person is another dentist or a nurse...

also, going to dentist is not cheap, the dentists be like "Oh, welcome, you come to me to pay me so that I can give you pain? Such masochist you are!"

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 10:49:16 »
This so much different from where I'm at.

I got like 4-5 cavity's, need braces badly.

I'm going to to dentist in May, but we're kind of struggling as of late.

I long for the day where I can feel okay about smiling. :/

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 10:55:20 »
Man, I had free x-rays but somehow was charged for a few extra. Just because you mess up the shot doesn't mean I should pay for it right?
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 12:58:46 »
Man, I had free x-rays but somehow was charged for a few extra. Just because you mess up the shot doesn't mean I should pay for it right?

It probably came out fine,  but they were like,  we need m0ar money..

Every xray is prolly billed for something like $400,  but after adjusted, the payout is something like $200

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:05:40 »

It probably came out fine,  but they were like,  we need m0ar money..

Every xray is prolly billed for something like $400,  but after adjusted, the payout is something like $200

I paid $180 for a few extra x-rays. But still, that was $180 I could have spent on other things. Like pizza >:D
Chris Schammert

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:08:43 »
Look, I get it, the Dentists pound the insurance programs for cash, but they should really at the very least give treatment to people who need it..
VERY few dentists became dentists for some high moral cause like doctors, they did it because of the money. Why do you think your med plan covers so little, or why they team up with high interest credit companies.

20 years ago they stopped using gold and silver as filler and started using amalgum. People had silver and gold fillings that lasted a lifetime without problems, amalgum on the other hand had a 5-10 year lifespan, and they knew this when they switched. So every 5-10 years, you had to go in and have it replaced, and some dentists are/were very drill happy. Newer amalgum lasts longer, but it's still not a lifelong repair.

Dentist are just plastic surgeons with a better reputation.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:54:21 »

Dentist are just janitors with WORSE reputations..

Real Janitors are at least good honest people

FTFY

-not saying there are no good dentists...  I've just yet to meet a respectable one...

bah.. it might just be new jersey dentists.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:07:35 »
VERY few dentists became dentists for some high moral cause like doctors, they did it because of the money. Why do you think your med plan covers so little, or why they team up with high interest credit companies.

20 years ago they stopped using gold and silver as filler and started using amalgum. People had silver and gold fillings that lasted a lifetime without problems, amalgum on the other hand had a 5-10 year lifespan, and they knew this when they switched. So every 5-10 years, you had to go in and have it replaced, and some dentists are/were very drill happy. Newer amalgum lasts longer, but it's still not a lifelong repair.

but I think there are also not many doctors become doctors for its noble cause, most of them also go for the $$

I think this is inevitable because medicine course itself also cost way more $$$ compared to other occupations...

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:49:05 »

but I think there are also not many doctors become doctors for its noble cause, most of them also go for the $$

I think this is inevitable because medicine course itself also cost way more $$$ compared to other occupations...
Oh, there certainly are MDs who do it for the money, I'm not denying that,  and I even know some dentists who really do try to help people,  but at it's core, it doesn't seem to be built around quite the same principles as doctors. They do have an oath to help people, but it doesn't seem as rigid or as well followed. Pretty much all MD's in some way are trying to help people, dentists on the other hand seem to mostly help themselves.

I've never seen an MD push someone into a 3 month quick loan or credit card knowing they couldn't pay it back, but I have seen several dentists do it.  When your waiting room has more info regarding how to finance your visit than there is about tooth care, there's an obvious problem. Some of these companies specifically target dental clinics knowing people will sign anything when in pain.

And I see that as an insult to janitors.  :))
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tbc

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:39:48 »

Oh, there certainly are MDs who do it for the money, I'm not denying that,  and I even know some dentists who really do try to help people,  but at it's core, it doesn't seem to be built around quite the same principles as doctors. They do have an oath to help people, but it doesn't seem as rigid or as well followed. Pretty much all MD's in some way are trying to help people, dentists on the other hand seem to mostly help themselves.

I've never seen an MD push someone into a 3 month quick loan or credit card knowing they couldn't pay it back, but I have seen several dentists do it.  When your waiting room has more info regarding how to finance your visit than there is about tooth care, there's an obvious problem. Some of these companies specifically target dental clinics knowing people will sign anything when in pain.

And I see that as an insult to janitors.  :))

....american?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline iri

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 05:35:08 »
There are Americans who just don't understand that other countries exist.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:14:28 »
I've been to four countries (not counting my own), a combat zone and flown half way around the world.

I'll probably visit Canada within 2 years, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I visit China, Thailand, Japan, Australia and possibly a couple European countries in the next 5-10 years.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:22:32 »
I've been to four countries (not counting my own), a combat zone and flown half way around the world.

I'll probably visit Canada within 2 years, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I visit China, Thailand, Japan, Australia and possibly a couple European countries in the next 5-10 years.

Save all chipped or loose fillings for Cananda haha. They'll fix you up for free :p Btw, I'm jelly of all your travelling. I've only been to one country that is not part of North America. That'll change though!
Chris Schammert

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:25:01 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:27:41 by alienman82 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:27:36 »
Your teeth are worth taking care of. If your diet does not include many refined carbohydrates, then you have a real advantage.

But it is true that an abscessed tooth is about the worst pain there is.

"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:19:58 »

Save all chipped or loose fillings for Cananda haha. They'll fix you up for free :p Btw, I'm jelly of all your travelling. I've only been to one country that is not part of North America. That'll change though!

Don't get too jealous of it, much of it was for military, combat zones are not fun.

If you really want to travel, jump in a car and go. I've lived in 8 states, traveled through 36 (might be over 40 now), played in the Pacific and the Gulf, and driven across the entirety of Route 66 (on and off what is left of it) more than a few times.

Travel doesn't have to be expensive, couch surf  (plan ahead, ask around, borrow peoples couches, showers and laundry, sometimes food),  there are cheap hotels and I've even resorted to sleeping in the car at a truck stops more than once (park in a well lit area where you are safe and you won't get run over by a sleepy trucker!). Just beware of local weather, and keep up to date on it. You don't want to have to choose between driving for 17 hours to get over the mountain before the storm hits or being stuck in a hotel for 3 or 4 days (I drove).

No good travel story starts with "well I never bothered".

Canada doesn't cover medical for foreigners for free (emergency might be), and not all provinces cover dental beyond basics. I considered moving there at one point (and yes I could qualify).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:33:00 »

Don't get too jealous of it, much of it was for military, combat zones are not fun.

If you really want to travel, jump in a car and go. I've lived in 8 states, traveled through 36 (might be over 40 now), played in the Pacific and the Gulf, and driven across the entirety of Route 66 (on and off what is left of it) more than a few times.

Travel doesn't have to be expensive, couch surf  (plan ahead, ask around, borrow peoples couches, showers and laundry, sometimes food),  there are cheap hotels and I've even resorted to sleeping in the car at a truck stops more than once (park in a well lit area where you are safe and you won't get run over by a sleepy trucker!). Just beware of local weather, and keep up to date on it. You don't want to have to choose between driving for 17 hours to get over the mountain before the storm hits or being stuck in a hotel for 3 or 4 days (I drove).

No good travel story starts with "well I never bothered".

Canada doesn't cover medical for foreigners for free (emergency might be), and not all provinces cover dental beyond basics. I considered moving there at one point (and yes I could qualify).

Ah ok, I've read stories of Americans that receive free care after getting hurt in Canada. A lot of my family members have traveled for the same reasons you speak of. Lots of good advice :)
Chris Schammert

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 14:40:14 »

It's great that you understood that I was referring to you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury