Author Topic: Pokémon GO!  (Read 117383 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Pokémon GO!
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 00:45:19 »
Haven't been able to play lately (way too hot out so I don't wanna go outside)

But I walk around for like an hour before going to work :P
I love Elzy

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:09:48 »
Went outside and walked around and only got near some but never found anything

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:11:12 »
If you select a pokemon you want at the bottom right, the box will flash when you're walking in the right direction.
I love Elzy

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:43:31 »
If you select a pokemon you want at the bottom right, the box will flash when you're walking in the right direction.

That is incorrect, that's what people initially thought, it flashes green when the nearby Pokemon list changes. The correct way to track is this, https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4ruoh8. Although in real world situation, rarely do you have the liberty to walk in all four directions as you wish. At least not here in India.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:58:33 »
Walked around a bit today, and found out there's 3 gyms and 6 stops within a few hundred meters of my house.

I think I'm going to like this game.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 02:11:22 »

That is incorrect, that's what people initially thought, it flashes green when the nearby Pokemon list changes. The correct way to track is this, https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4ruoh8. Although in real world situation, rarely do you have the liberty to walk in all four directions as you wish. At least not here in India.
Thanks guys. I'll try it on my morning walk

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 05:57:42 »
This game is incredibly fun. My friend and I spent the whole day walking around exploring the city while catching new pokemon. Near sundown we decided to head to universal city walk and we encountered a pokemon go club. We got together and combined our resources. We kept usings lures to get some really good pokemon. This game is 10/10 especially with a large group of people. My friend and I currently own the city walk gym with our highest pokemon. Many tried to beat us but we are unstoppable I wonder how long we will be up at universal

end of the day catches
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2016, 06:00:38 by appleonama »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 06:06:44 »
Am I supposed to just throw the balls at the pokemon's head?

And is this worse than txting and driving?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 07:47:32 »
this game is taking over my life

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 08:53:04 »
Whelp my Apple ID is waiting on pending payments for some old hearthstone cards I guess the payment never went through on. My App Store is locked until I pay for them...
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 12:38:14 »
This game is incredibly fun. My friend and I spent the whole day walking around exploring the city while catching new pokemon. Near sundown we decided to head to universal city walk and we encountered a pokemon go club. We got together and combined our resources. We kept usings lures to get some really good pokemon. This game is 10/10 especially with a large group of people. My friend and I currently own the city walk gym with our highest pokemon. Many tried to beat us but we are unstoppable I wonder how long we will be up at universal

Show Image

end of the day catches

At what level did you catch the vaporeon/eevee

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 13:41:55 »

Show Image

end of the day catches

I just caught a ton of eevees and evolved him

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 13:52:28 »

Show Image

end of the day catches

Is this why you blew our date off?

Woooooooow. Picked Pokemon over me. ಠ_ಠ
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 13:57:07 »

Show Image

end of the day catches

Is this why you blew our date off?

Woooooooow. Picked Pokemon over me. ಠ_ಠ
Pokémon over everything

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:02:25 »
Woke up to a Pidgey and a Zubat on my bed. Don't even have to get out of bed for this one

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:08:23 »
Woke up to a Pidgey and a Zubat on my bed. Don't even have to get out of bed for this one

We all gotta start somewhere.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:22:55 »
Dude I'm pretty salty.

So I'm about to go to sleep, I'm in bed and I see this gym nearby turned Valor.

I literally get out of bed, put clothes on and go out to go stomp some noobs tryna creep up in my hood.

I get there, kick this Zubat's ass but it stays at 1 hp and still kills my Pokemon. So I leave, it must be bugged or something. I go and challenge it again, and when it counts down and reaches "GO!", it kicks me out to the gym screen where it shows all the leaders. So I try again and every single time no matter what I do it kicks me out at GO. So I can't neutralize this gym that has some weak ass Pokemon, because I couldn't actually kill it because some immortal bug.

Bull **** ****ing got out of bed walked over there wasted my time. I even reset the app and relogged in and all that.
I love Elzy

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:26:47 »
Dude I'm pretty salty.

I literally get out of bed, put clothes on and go out to go stomp some noobs tryna creep up in my hood.

I get there, kick this Zubat's ass but it stays at 1 hp and still kills my Pokemon. So I leave, it must be bugged or something. I go and challenge it again, and when it counts down and reaches "GO!", it kicks me out to the gym screen where it shows all the leaders. So I try again and every single time no matter what I do it kicks me out at GO. So I can't neutralize this gym that has some weak ass Pokemon, because I couldn't actually kill it because some immortal bug.

Bull **** ****ing got out of bed walked over there wasted my time. I even reset the app and relogged in and all that.
step your game up, zubat too stronk.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:32:14 »
You can battle the pokemon? I just throw pokeballs

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:42:11 »
You can battle the pokemon? I just throw pokeballs
battle gyms and claim your territory

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:43:34 »
Dude I'm pretty salty.

yeah the battle system sometimes glitches out due to server issues.
gotta rep your hood yo

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:48:54 »
Great. My hood already has gang problems. Now we will have nerds fighting also trying to claim ****.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:50:29 »
Great. My hood already has gang problems. Now we will have nerds fighting also trying to claim ****.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 14:59:37 »
It's already happening.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 15:04:45 »
Dude I'm pretty salty.

Ive battled more than 10 gyms, and every one, I beat all three defenses, and the final pokemon gets down to 1 hp, and wont die.

I did the same exact thing, where at 11pm I walk down the road to server issues.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 15:09:26 »
Finally logger back in. Caught a Ghastly. Turned off AR.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 15:16:16 »

AR is cool but its too stressful.

I think that's also where the Pokemon will actively run away from the camera.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 15:19:01 »

AR is cool but its too stressful.

I think that's also where the Pokemon will actively run away from the camera.

For me it was too wobbly, and I can't play when the phone is down. I have to pick it up.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 15:35:08 »
This is on the wall at theScore office lmao

I think it was 10 days for Overwatch so we'll see
I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 16:01:56 »
And...kicked out again.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 16:27:58 »
FD rolled up while I was capturing this Golbat. Also parked next to two guys playing

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 20:25:58 »
Played it today with friends. Well, we haven't bonded so much in a very long time! Probably it looked weird seeing us running around the neighbohood all day long. :D
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 21:13:37 »
I have now caught 36 Pokemons.  I was on the trail of an eevee and some psychic types, but couldn't find them.  I have a 100 Horsea, 87 Squirtle, and 82 Rhyorn I found as my highest level ones.

What's really bizarre to me is how many churches have a **** ton of PokeStops at them.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 21:29:58 »
Decided to try the hills again and found my first Arbok

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 21:41:07 »
I have now caught 36 Pokemons.  I was on the trail of an eevee and some psychic types, but couldn't find them.  I have a 100 Horsea, 87 Squirtle, and 82 Rhyorn I found as my highest level ones.

What's really bizarre to me is how many churches have a **** ton of PokeStops at them.

It's a sign nubs,

Confess your sins and worship the moonstone
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:19:42 »

That's awesome dude. I've caught less but I have level 400s.  I wonder why youre getting such a variety or why I'm not

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:22:06 »

That's awesome dude. I've caught less but I have level 400s.  I wonder why youre getting such a variety or why I'm not

I have the ocean and parks nearby, so that probably has something to do with it.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:23:09 »

I have the ocean and parks nearby, so that probably has something to do with it.
I'm in downtown washington DC,  and theyre all poison, flying, and normal for the most part.

I bet environment has alot to so with it!

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:47:22 »
Saw a eevee but we were driving too fast :(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:53:38 »
I'm in downtown washington DC,  and theyre all poison, flying, and normal for the most part.

I bet environment has alot to so with it!

Poison type in Washington DC

Seems legit.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 00:08:32 »
Yesterday was a good day, I walked around 50Km. Got a 1k+ Arcanine and a couple of Dragonair's. Still need to catch ~60 Magikarps and ~20 Dratini/Dragonair. Not a bad day, went from Level 10 to 15, have 10 Pokemon allocated to gyms.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 01:54:15 »
Had some friends over tonight to play some MTG, and when the stuff on the grill was done and we were eating, a friend pulled out his phone and caught a pokemon in my living room.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 02:05:10 »
they shut the server for foreign IP, I can't play it in Vietnam :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 03:26:19 »
they shut the server for foreign IP, I can't play it in Vietnam :(

Does the game start for you and then crash few seconds after locking your location? It was working fine for me until a couple of hours ago.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 07:30:52 »
GDI, I want to play this for realz..  If only I had one of those disability scooters.. I'd go outside.. and start catching pokemon..    I rarely see pokemon in the house.  I believe the game counts steps or distance traveled..

Maybe if I put my phone on a wheel, or shaking device.

But with all the walking... sigh........................

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:41:37 »
Pokemon spawn based on time and location. Game polls the location continuously, not based on steps.

BTW, I can play now.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:55:53 »
Yesterday was a good day, I walked around 50Km. Got a 1k+ Arcanine and a couple of Dragonair's. Still need to catch ~60 Magikarps and ~20 Dratini/Dragonair. Not a bad day, went from Level 10 to 15, have 10 Pokemon allocated to gyms.

God damn, you are putting in some work moz!

I just dont get that type of variety, and haven't seen anything in the wild over 300 cp.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 11:30:46 »
My phone REALLY doesn't like this game.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 12:29:22 »
Pokemon spawn based on time and location. Game polls the location continuously, not based on steps.

BTW, I can play now.

Is travel distance counted?

Because I want to minimize the distance traveled.. to catch pokemon..

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 13:00:07 »

BTW, I can play now.

Is travel distance counted?

Because I want to minimize the distance traveled.. to catch pokemon..

Yes, I think someone mentioned the footprints under a Pokemon indicate the distance required to travel until you find it.