Author Topic: Well I got a CT scan today and...  (Read 9973 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Well I got a CT scan today and...
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 15:49:33 »
**** dude. I know a few people who have lost their legs, and while it takes a while to get used to, it's not the end of the world. I'm glad to hear your lungs haven't got any worse though.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 20:36:35 »
I'm not sure about my lungs whether they will stay dorment or not.

Offline dantan

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 01:28:54 »
Hopefully your condition won't worsen...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 16:22:43 »
I'm not sure about my lungs whether they will stay dorment or not.

I guess you've read up on all this stuff, but basically tumors can be of multiple types, one specific type is stagnant: they do not grow. ever. they just stay the same always. Or at least you die of some other cause before those take your life.

Also, meditation and positive thinking is SIGNIFICANTLY and EMPIRICALLY in regular research linked to reduction in tumor growth and sometimes even stagnation.

I do not know where you live or what your medical coverage is, but there is this thing called "selective immunotherapy" or "immune replacement theory", which I don't know completely how it works (obviously, I'm not a doctor). But it somehow manages to get your body to kill the tumor cells. They are quite advanced with it here in the Netherlands at the AVL (national cancer center). I'm not sure whether it is related to bone marrow, but I guess it probably is.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Sorry if you already knew all of this.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 23:50:31 »
well i got an amputation of my leg. right leg up to the hip (whole leg) yeah thats about it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 23:59:27 »
You gonna get a replacement?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 00:15:59 »
well i got an amputation of my leg. right leg up to the hip (whole leg) yeah thats about it.

Hope you're on some good drugs :)

I saw some cool 3D printed legs earlier today actually. In today's world there are so many options for amputees, hope you'll find one that fits you real good. Keep your head up high!

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 01:28:50 »
How are you getting on? I assume if you get a prosthetic you would have to have physical therapy?

Offline PollandAkuma

Well I got a CT scan today and...
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 01:28:56 »
Eek, double posting..,

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 01:45:17 »
Thank you for sharing this with us! I second iLLucionist's comment regarding meditation and maintaining a positive attitude; remember we are always here for you! In addition, may I suggest a whole-food/plant-based diet to keep your body strong. There are a multitude of research articles regarding the health benefits to such a diet on www.nutitionfacts.org including analyses of articles relating to cancer treatment and prevention. Stay strong!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 04:27:51 »
Thank you for sharing this with us! I second iLLucionist's comment regarding meditation and maintaining a positive attitude; remember we are always here for you! In addition, may I suggest a whole-food/plant-based diet to keep your body strong. There are a multitude of research articles regarding the health benefits to such a diet on www.nutitionfacts.org including analyses of articles relating to cancer treatment and prevention. Stay strong!

This. It is also empirically proven that eating broccoli - and other green vegetables for that matter - help against cancer.

And that the very processed foods - white flower, sugar - contribute to it.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:06:25 »
ill TL;DR for you, prosthetics for whole leg removal doesnt work much at all.

Offline iri

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:07:19 »
 :( :( :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 20:14:44 »
The scans are not looking too promising but the scans haven't showed everything. There's still a multitude of tumors and they have not grown but there's still 2 big tumors that mildly worry my doctors, and if are still active are life threatening. And must be removed w/surgery. My bone marrow is weak now and will not be able to handle much/anymore chemo. So if the tumors are still alive. Gameover for me. I get my PET scan on the 31'st. I'm thinking with my luck I'm probably toast. EDIT: BTW the tumors are in my lungs.

I'm so sorry to hear this man, I know we don't know each other but I'll definitely be sending my best & most positive vibes your way! We're all pulling for you to get through this, hopefully all the good vibes, prayers, rain dances, shamanistic rituals, whatever (LOL) from us here can help even the tiniest bit with you getting good news on the 31st (tomorrow?). I wish you & your family the best, stay positive, & remember we got your back! ;) Good luck with the upcoming PET scan!

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 20:48:41 »
Most of the people I know, who had cancer, trusted in their (chemo-)doctors, and refused to take herbal medicine. And I never understood why. If you can afford it, what do you have to lose? Why not swallow almost everything which is said to help? If your current state is hopeless, then this won't help you anymore, but I wanted to throw this in anyways..
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 April 2017, 20:50:42 by Eszett »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 21:02:52 »

How about a sexy strong person to carry you?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 22:03:50 »

How about a sexy strong person to carry you?

There's an offer you don't get every day!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:05:50 »
This is rough. I know prosthetics can be such a major hassle that people eventually opt for wheelchairs instead but it'd be nice to have the option.

**** cancer. Hope you get a break for a while and are being spoilt/spoiling yourself cos you've been through hell by the sound of it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 09:34:17 »

Yeah, I wasn't sure how far they would have to go... That sucks dude. Damn.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:25:44 »
I talked with my doctor today she is positive im going to die, my leg had the tumors cut out and removed and she suspects its going to do the same in my lungs.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:36:51 »
I talked with my doctor today she is positive im going to die, my leg had the tumors cut out and removed and she suspects its going to do the same in my lungs.

****  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:50:26 »

How much time did the doctor say we have together.. ??

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 20:19:41 »
Well I am late getting to this thread. Sorry to hear what you are going through. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Well, yeah... I'm positive that all of us are going to die  ( :rolleyes: @ doctor)

After reading your earlier posts, hopefully your lungs will hold off for quite some time.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 20:52:10 »

(Attachment Link)

How much time did the doctor say we have together.. ??

no approx time

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:12:14 »
That sucks :(

We are all guaranteed to die eventually, but one might question whether you'd want to know in advance approximately how soon it will be.

The biggest difference is how we face it.

That you are able to post calmly about it here suggests that you have a very strong character, despite everything you've been through and still have to go through.

I hope you are able to enjoy all the time you still have, which is pretty much all that any of us can hope for.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 09:28:44 »
I talked with my doctor today she is positive im going to die

No ****. If I were to go to my doctor and ask her if I'm going to die she'd probably say, "Yes."

Anyway, that's my humor for this reply. Just wanted you to get some of it while you can.
****ty, ****ty, ****ty news. ****ty. I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I've been eager to keep up on your news and hope you still will be around to chat while you can. I don't know the energy you have these days, but if you can pop in frequently that would be great. It seems you like to play PC vidya, but I have a crappy PC so I can't do that. Maybe PS3 or Wii U? Man, I've got to get up-to-date hardware...

Has your leg been removed? Are you going to get a replacement?

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 10:51:26 »

No ****. If I were to go to my doctor and ask her if I'm going to die she'd probably say, "Yes."

Anyway, that's my humor for this reply. Just wanted you to get some of it while you can.
****ty, ****ty, ****ty news. ****ty. I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I've been eager to keep up on your news and hope you still will be around to chat while you can. I don't know the energy you have these days, but if you can pop in frequently that would be great. It seems you like to play PC vidya, but I have a crappy PC so I can't do that. Maybe PS3 or Wii U? Man, I've got to get up-to-date hardware...

Yeah I got an amputation, its up to the hip so is not possible to get a prosthetic.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:00:49 »

Yeah I got an amputation, its up to the hip so is not possible to get a prosthetic.

u Haz pm