Author Topic: Toothpaste.. [Conspiracy Warning]  (Read 2416 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Toothpaste.. [Conspiracy Warning]
« on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:21:35 »
Ok, ever since becoming a Hipster (vegan),  I've had ever growing suspicion of capitalist medicine.

It's far more profitable to TREAT a chronic illness than Cure it.

Modern dentistry as part of that medical money machine would naturally be motivated to do the same.

If I was colgate, under the capitalist mindset, I would continuously produce products that damage people's mouth JUST a little bit,  THEN  I would diversify my holdings into treatments, then Ding the Government for payout, WHICH is the PEOPLE fundamentally paying Twice,  because people pay for the deadly toothpaste, AND they pay for the taxes which go to Medicare/medicaid..

Then I looked into toothpastes.. 

Very basically,  toothpaste operates on 3 principles..

1:  A mild Abrasive
2:  Bacterial deterrent chemical
3:  A mild detergent to remove oil 

The physical abrasive is straightforward, 

However, the bacterial deterrent and the detergent is where that giant list of ingredient comes from..

Does your mouth REALLY need that many chemicals ?

Surely our systems are designed to have natural bacterial deterrent built into saliva..

I've decided to try brushing with just baking soda..  Will let ya'll know in 6 months if I get any cavities..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Toothpaste.. [Conspiracy Warning]
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:24:05 »
Exactly what chemicals do you think are suspect? A quick look at the ingredients on mine reveals nothing interesting.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:26:17 »
Exactly what chemicals do you think are suspect? A quick look at the ingredients on mine reveals nothing interesting.

It's a combination of general suspicion,   and minimalist mindset..

I am confident in evolution to provide us with healthy teeth given how IMPORTANT EATING IS...   AND YET, that's not the dental landscape of moderna.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 13:04:59 »
Why can't they just put a protective coating on our teeth after they are fully grown in and/or braces?

Paging skcheng!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 13:50:43 »
Why can't they just put a protective coating on our teeth after they are fully grown in and/or braces?

Paging skcheng!

Even if they did, you would only protect the exposed surfaces.  it's the tighter less exposed surfaces that are prone to damage.

the exposed surfaces are usually fine, because even nonchalant brushing will clean them adequately.

Offline snarfbot

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 13:50:54 »
i remember back in the mid 90's i was reading popular science and they had a little blurb about this biotech company that engineered a version of a common bacteria that lives in peoples mouths that instead of turning sugars into acid as part of their metabolism turned the sugars into alcohol, like yeast.

the idea behind it to prevent cavities.

20+ years later it still has not manifested itself.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 15:01:40 »
People who floss daily and brush twice daily with chemical laced toothpaste using the proper methods very rarely get cavities. What exactly is wrong? People who floss regularly also live longer. You'll probably be fine with just baking soda as it cleans teeth pretty well, but fluoride does help prevent cavities and isn't a mind control agent like some dumbasses say.
keyboards.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 15:49:55 »
Just use dirt and creek water applied to a sitck...... it is natural. NATURES TOOTHBRUSH.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 16:12:21 »
Just use dirt and creek water applied to a sitck...... it is natural. NATURES TOOTHBRUSH.

This is how you get your + 8 sand, and + 15 B12  every day.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 16:15:20 »
People who floss daily and brush twice daily with chemical laced toothpaste using the proper methods very rarely get cavities. What exactly is wrong? People who floss regularly also live longer. You'll probably be fine with just baking soda as it cleans teeth pretty well, but fluoride does help prevent cavities and isn't a mind control agent like some dumbasses say.

Ok,

So look at the pattern.

Meat is a class 1 carcinogen, WHO listing

Now,

American Cancer society, is sponsored by Tyson Chicken and other meat-brands.

And on their very own site,  they're peddling meat-dish-recipes, FOR CANCER Patients.

All the while,  Meat is highly correlated w/ all cancers...

You tell me, if that's conspiracy..   hahaha,  I believe this is just the natural consequence of capitalism.. It's good for certain things,  bad for others.. 

I do not resent the gains we've made living in a capitalist society,   but As an individual, AWARE of some of the drawbacks..   Are we not to take a deeper evaluation for personal betterment ?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 17:13:28 »
You can buy this hippy toothpaste, it's gluten free too!

http://www.tomsofmaine.com/product-details/luminous-white-toothpaste

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 08:16:34 »
Ok, ever since becoming a Hipster (vegan),  I've had ever growing suspicion of capitalist medicine.

It's far more profitable to TREAT a chronic illness than Cure it.

Modern dentistry as part of that medical money machine would naturally be motivated to do the same.

If I was colgate, under the capitalist mindset, I would continuously produce products that damage people's mouth JUST a little bit,  THEN  I would diversify my holdings into treatments, then Ding the Government for payout, WHICH is the PEOPLE fundamentally paying Twice,  because people pay for the deadly toothpaste, AND they pay for the taxes which go to Medicare/medicaid..

Then I looked into toothpastes.. 

Very basically,  toothpaste operates on 3 principles..

1:  A mild Abrasive
2:  Bacterial deterrent chemical
3:  A mild detergent to remove oil 

The physical abrasive is straightforward, 

However, the bacterial deterrent and the detergent is where that giant list of ingredient comes from..

Does your mouth REALLY need that many chemicals ?

Surely our systems are designed to have natural bacterial deterrent built into saliva..

I've decided to try brushing with just baking soda..  Will let ya'll know in 6 months if I get any cavities..

As a matter of fact, a lot of people who think likewise switched to coconot oil to brush their teeth, as it kills most bacteria in your mouth. Some "organic" toothpastes also have coconut oil in it.

What yo suggest, the conspiracy, is not so weird. It is actually discovered and documented in the food industry: Unilever, Nestle, etc. On the food side you produce delicious foods with stuff that is bad for you (wrong fat, too much sugar, too much salt, etc.), and then on the other end you treat people for high cholesterol, blood pressure, liver diseases, and diabetes.

In my country (Netherlands), we now even have carrots and pees on water.... with salt and sugar. WTF. You don't need sugar as a preservative.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 16:56:03 »

It's a combination of general suspicion,   and minimalist mindset..

I am confident in evolution to provide us with healthy teeth given how IMPORTANT EATING IS...   AND YET, that's not the dental landscape of moderna.
We don't eat anything like the stuff our forebears used to eat. Their diets weren't completely overrun with sugar.

I've read of a guy who started eating only raw meat because of a sudden illness he contracted, and as I recall he only brushed his teeth with blood, to no ill effect. Try doing that on a "modern" diet.
Check my keyboard video reviews: