Author Topic: Yoga.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Yoga.
« on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 05:13:47 »
I've had 10 years of physical therapy, drugs, weekly to monthly (depending on how bad I am) trigger-point injections, etc for my injuries, spinal ethesopathy, fibromyalgia, and myositis. NEVER have I felt as good after doing 3 months of beginner yoga at home. 10 ****ing dollars for a mat + free YouTube vids and here I am in less pain than I've had since my early 20s.

I am guilty of spending most of my life in front of a computer or video game console. I know my posture sucks and that I caused trauma by being so wound up and moving in ways that shouldn't hurt a regular person (example: lifted a window AC unit and tore and strained everything from my abs down my back and all the way into my right foot).

If you are hunched over a keyboard all day and worry about your health, I suggest the $10 investment and 10-30mins a day as a preventative measure at least. Don't end up like me and be a 37 yo cripple.

Anybody else do yoga? If you are a manly man, it is okay to admit it here. You are on a keyboard forum. Any of you have other types of light, easy exercise to help those glued to a monitor?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
Re: Yoga.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 05:32:20 »
i tried a class at my work before for a couple of weeks.  pretty relaxing, but it was too relaxing and made me too sleepy during the day so i stopped.

but yeah, if you sit at a computer all day and slouch and don't have everything at the right heights, you'll pay in the long run.  i had some problems before, and thankfully getting a proper desk setup and doing physical therapy for a couple months fixed it for the most part.  now it's mostly a matter of sitting up straight and trying to remember to take breaks and do some stretches once in awhile.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 05:35:19 »
Yeah. I want to punch myself in the face for not just getting up and taking a walk or doing a couple stretches and push-ups during down-times in games, work, and browsing the ol' net.

All the feedback on this forum in the "post your set-ups" thread has really helped me dial in on how I should be sitting. Mainly my monitor height always ****ed me, I guess.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 08:30:22 »
I did some 'stretching' classes at the gym some years ago, it looked like yoga but instead of being relaxing you had to force yourself into unnatural positions and could always push further - sometimes the next day I ached nearly as bad as if I'd done a session with weights.  The class was not popular so it got cancelled and I looked into yoga classes but they were all during work time so that was the end of that.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 08:42:16 »

Tp4 uses standing desk,  and one doz all sorts of daily stretches when standing, kind of a natural inclination..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 09:09:50 »
I did some 'stretching' classes at the gym some years ago, it looked like yoga but instead of being relaxing you had to force yourself into unnatural positions and could always push further - sometimes the next day I ached nearly as bad as if I'd done a session with weights.  The class was not popular so it got cancelled and I looked into yoga classes but they were all during work time so that was the end of that.

Oh def sore. First week I just did a 20 min intro. Mostly just learning positions and breathing.

(Attachment Link)

Tp4 uses standing desk,  and one doz all sorts of daily stretches when standing, kind of a natural inclination..

But tp, my dear friend, day 6 of the 30 day beginner challenge is... SIX PACK ABS! I know you want it. Look up Yoga with Adriene. Other popular chick goes too hard too fast, and I think most people just watch her for the fake titties.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 10:31:28 »
I intend to at least try when or slightly before I start skateboarding again.  I could do kickflips and a few other tricks (dolphin flips perhaps) when I was younger but my style was whack.
Chris Schammert

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 10:40:13 »
I intend to at least try when or slightly before I start skateboarding again.  I could do kickflips and a few other tricks (dolphin flips perhaps) when I was younger but my style was whack.

I tried skating and my feet and knees couldn't handle ollies and flip tricks. Waiting on my buddy to build a mini ramp. No impact unless I eat ****.