Author Topic: Guys I'm scared  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Guys I'm scared
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:01:34 »
Why are these called "honey" when they are white, gray and red?

I kinda expected a yellowy brown colour.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:02:17 »
We'll be looking back on this in 4 years, thinking how naive we were.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:02:50 »
So shipping sometime early 2016?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:04:01 »
The DT layout scares me. It rapes my eyes every second

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:04:24 »

Honeywell

Offline dante

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:04:50 »

I bet it will be out long before the Unicomp Red/Blue sets are available.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:39:39 »

Honeywell

Something like this?

Ok, fair enough.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:40:47 »

Honeywell

Something like this?

Ok, fair enough.

Exactly like that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline moogle

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:46:54 »
round five looks less complicated and more systematized than round four; it's being automated by 7bot :cool:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 18:57:37 »
round five looks less complicated and more systematized than round four; it's being automated by 7bot 8)

Yep, it's just Honeywell or go home.  You can't pass up on these no matter what, especially owning some Honeywell colour on any type of keyboard that was ever made.  It's the world's best spherical's and I want some.

2013 looks to be a very fine year for these babies.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 19:14:52 »
It's just so confusing to place an order.

I wanted to order some, but the ordering process hurt my eyes.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 19:18:30 »
Much, much smaller then round 4

Honeywell looks really good too

also only one month to order so def smaller

Offline moogle

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 19:22:30 »

the ordering process does seem quite confusing to new users

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 19:34:52 »
This would look good on the ergodox...

Might pick up a mods pack if this gets going..I prefer the larger faces of the oem/cherry profile keys for typing, but mods don't matter since they're big. is there GH order thread yet?

NO ergodox mods kit......

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 19:57:20 »
I'm calling it Nintendo!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:05:15 »

That was what it was like for Round 4 very confusing and the mods/extras really was unbelievable (too much choice first up).

But I eventually evaded it because I didn't know what I wanted, which was my fault and not 7bit's.  He made it easy to order, by offering so much choice and that did scare me with Round 4.

This time it's different because his 7bot is so easy to include/delete any previous orders.  It keeps your name and order number on file and it will only deal with your changes if you decide to make them, and trust me you will modify your order several times before that deadline approaches.

Also I have to include that I'm no coder or zealot for programming, hence if I could use his 7bot for an order, than anyone who has been living up in the trees should be able to  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:08:00 by Elrick »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:08:34 »
That is why I intend to place my order just before the deadline.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:14:36 »
I still don't see how ordering could be considered difficult? all the instructions are right there.

The more i look at this the more I want it...I wish this wasn't SP  :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:47:10 »
I still don't see how ordering could be considered difficult? all the instructions are right there.

It's hard because they don't have Blank Ergodox Mods kit.... 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:55:38 »

I wish there was another key-cap producer but here in the REAL world there is only them.

Have a look at poor Ivan and how difficult and painful it is to order anything from the German's (GMK) it makes pulling your own finger nails quite enjoyable.

SP always has a far lower price and numbers needed for them to start running a Group Buy of their items.  That is why they will stay in charge of the key-cap making business for some time to come.  I think BSP and GMK might just fade away over time as less and less customers beat a path to their door due to their inability to be flexible with customers.

But that's how the real world work's.  The ones that triumph are the ones willing to listen and accommodate anything that their customers require.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 20:58:39 by Elrick »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:10:39 »
I wish there was another key-cap producer but here in the REAL world there is only them.

Have a look at poor Ivan and how difficult and painful it is to order anything from the German's (GMK) it makes pulling your own finger nails quite enjoyable.

SP always has a far lower price and numbers needed for them to start running a Group Buy of their items.  That is why they will stay in charge of the key-cap making business for some time to come.  I think BSP and GMK might just fade away over time as less and less customers beat a path to their door due to their inability to be flexible with customers.

But that's how the real world work's.  The ones that triumph are the ones willing to listen and accommodate anything that their customers require.

There is no doubt that SP it the easier option and whatnot, i just much prefer my GMK, and i wish it was a lot easier to make orders with GMK.

SP isn't bad, but once you try the 'top-of-the-line' caps, it's hard to go back to it after using thick abs

some say SP has a 'cheap' feel to it, and i honestly kinda agree...i think it feels pretty horrible after coming from my thick ABS sets

the one super positive thing about SP is the almost endless amount of customization and endless color schemes and legends

that is cool... but it doesn't change how the caps actually feel

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:14:09 »
That is why I intend to place my order just before the deadline.

there is no "deadline" it just stops!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:40:55 »
@Dubs, difficult as in way too many options, Although I agree that it is really nice to have so many options, but a lot of it seems redundant and might turn out cheaper for everyone if things were packed in groups and less headache for 7bit too.

Regarding SP, remember these are DS SA, which are quite thick, so it is the best SP can provide.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:45:43 »
@Dubs, difficult as in way too many options, Although I agree that it is really nice to have so many options, but a lot of it seems redundant and might turn out cheaper for everyone if things were packed in groups and less headache for 7bit too.

Regarding SP, remember these are DS SA, which are quite thick, so it is the best SP can provide.

there certainly are a daunting amount of options to choose from...but it will work out

7bit can handle a lot haha..and so can 7bot  :))

and there is a LOT more to it then just the thickness, but SP SA still isn't as thick as GMK...nor of the same quality and whatnot

the caps are also super tall..which is not really the primary preference of a lot of people..also a factor

about it being the "best SP can provide" i'm a little confused about that statement (in thickness?)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:52:59 »

huehuehueh

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 21:55:29 »
I don't think 7bit gets enough credit....I mean how freaking massive was R4?!  It was huge (twss) and he some how managed to successfully see it to a happy ending (twss x2).
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 22:12:35 »
I don't think 7bit gets enough credit....I mean how freaking massive was R4?!  It was huge (twss) and he some how managed to successfully see it to a happy ending (twss x2).

agreed. too many people hoping in on the hate train too (typical circlejerk logic)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 22:58:11 »
That guy is a bot, he works like a machine. The almost always ongoing switches sale and keycap group buys one after another.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 23:46:29 »
Agreed. It's amazing he's at the scale he is and still a 1 man show. Just goes to show what 1 good programmer can do.

Also SP SA caps are terrible. They are thin and give off a terribly cheap sound. I actually prefer my stock filco keycaps..actually not almost, I definitely do.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 23:49:32 by goobus »

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 04:03:23 »

Honeywell

Something like this?

Ok, fair enough.
it gives me the shipping price of US $2 138,42. wtf?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 04:49:10 »
The thread title should be more accurate, and maybe should have been posted in Great Finds.

There is already one duplicate thread in key caps section.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 05:02:39 »
I could be missing something here but I can't see any kits that support the Pure  :(

Even the 60% set is missing the right hand function key next to the shift.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 05:15:10 »
Once more started a bigger group buy  :eek:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2013, 05:19:01 by zenuty »
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 05:37:07 »
I hate to say this, but that color scheme just does not get my blood flowing.  Just a little too safe.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 07:33:46 »
The thread title should be more accurate, and maybe should have been posted in Great Finds.

Since this is off topic anything goes? :D

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 07:38:46 »
So, it looks easy to order white alphas and grey mods as a package. And the row profiles are different.

Separately, you can get red alphas and grey or black mods. The red alphas are all row 3.

Then the rest of the combinations get confusing.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 15:46:33 »

I've closed the other thread with a link to the main GB thread.  Closing this one, too.  Please continue to discuss here.