Author Topic: Honestly, how long do you think this virus thing is going to last?  (Read 7627 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
I'm trying to live my life as normal as possible, but everything is closing down and people are letting fear control them and that is starting to affect me. I thought, "Oh this will blow over in a couple weeks. 2 months at the most." but people are acting like stupid animals out there. Do you really honestly think this will last more than a couple months? You really think it will take over a year to develop resistances and cures?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Honestly, how long do you think this virus thing is going to last?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 23:30:34 »
Regardless of how long it lasts, at this point it is likely to become ENDEMIC.

Which means, Old people will have to be vigilante of Virus Vectors (Indefinitely).

It's critical that we cut off the main source of these viruses, Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations,  and animal agriculture in general.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 03:53:51 »
Scientific answer...
https://covidactnow.org/
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:45:05 »
3 months.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:16:46 »
Why can't we all just live our normal lives and keep everything open and running properly, but everyone wears hazmat suits?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:23:01 »
I had an IG link to a guy on a unicycle with flaming bagpipes, a hazmat suit, and spraying lysol on cars passing by... but it disappeared. :(

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:37:24 »
Why can't we all just live our normal lives and keep everything open and running properly, but everyone wears hazmat suits?

The suits are really expensive, but they're also non-trivial to disinfect. The process is like taking 5 showers a day.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:43:00 »

The suits are really expensive, but they're also non-trivial to disinfect. The process is like taking 5 showers a day.

They are literally less than $10 each dude

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 17:13:38 »

You mean amazon raincoats are $10 each..

REAL bio-agent rated suits are not $10.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 17:20:36 »

You mean amazon raincoats are $10 each..

REAL bio-agent rated suits are not $10.

I mean all ya need is an N95 mask and a Tyvek suit. You could dip yourself in toxic sludge with one of those and it'll just slide right off the material.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 17:24:53 »
I have 2 kids in college. Both schools have closed for the remainder of spring semester and cancelled graduation ceremony.
Hopefully the curve will have flattened out by then.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:20:44 »
That only works if you have a dedicated decontamination area and full team on standby ready to assist.

I mean all ya need is an N95 mask and a Tyvek suit. You could dip yourself in toxic sludge with one of those and it'll just slide right off the material.
You don't even need that.
The mask will prevent the person wearing it from spreading it, it does almost nothing to protect the wearer from others. Just wear long sleeves and gloves or sanitizer, the sleeves make it easier to clean up later.

Also, as someone who has spent days in chem suits, you don't want to wear one unless you have to. We can't even get people to stay home or social distance. Good luck getting them to wear a chem suit and mask making things actually difficult and miserable.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 17:53:33 »
I'm trying to live my life as normal as possible, but everything is closing down and people are letting fear control them and that is starting to affect me. I thought, "Oh this will blow over in a couple weeks. 2 months at the most." but people are acting like stupid animals out there. Do you really honestly think this will last more than a couple months? You really think it will take over a year to develop resistances and cures?

3 months

cancellations already f##ked up osslt and the rest of my semester

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 17:59:35 »
3 months

cancellations already f##ked up osslt and the rest of my semester

Scientists say 3-6 month likely .

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 06:48:48 »
I'd suspect till September at which point kids will have to go back to school and everybody will say **** it whoever dies, dies. I live with old people (one immuno compromised) and a 5 year old so I'm not exactly relishing the thought.

Depends on how overcapacity the hospitals get though the ones in Ireland were already overcrowded before this whole thing started so the situation is delicate.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 07:57:43 »
I had an IG link to a guy on a unicycle with flaming bagpipes, a hazmat suit, and spraying lysol on cars passing by... but it disappeared. :(

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 12:27:42 »

Show Image

That's my dude! Thanks dg. <3
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 07:22:41 »
Hi Noisyturtle,

I understand you comments and dislikes or irritation in regards to what's happening around the world.
i'm writing you from The Netherlands..

Couple of points or facts if you will.

- We citizens of the world were warned about this virus in late December early January by China.
They were late taking actions , but eventually they bought us (the world) valuable time by going in to massive lock-down.
But alas the world did not listen to them and squandered that valuable time..But all that is now in the past.

One important thing to remember is this is not a new thing we have had these types of viruses for a long time.
Whether we like it or not in the near future we will have to examine our behavior and the reasons for these types of viruses to muted and jump to humans.

On that note i would like you to take 6min and watch this short vid.

if your looking for a good source of information here's Dr. John Campbell youtube channel. He has bin reporting on all this since the start last year.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

i'm personally not panicking i am not the youngest and i could do with a bit of weight loss both not really good when it comes to this virus.
But ever since i stopped eating animal products i have bin feeling much better loosing sum weight so i hope to be ok in the long run..
In my humble opinion it's not a time to panic but a time to analyze what we are doing and also to have a critical look at the distribution of wealth and our priorities.

On the question how to deal with this virus in the long to short term until we have a vaccine.
i would say have a look at South Korea.
in short we all have to change.. everyone that has flue like symptoms will have to wear a mask. i was surprised to read and see that in countries like china it was normal to wear a mask when you had a cold as to not make others around you sick.
Here in The Netherlands it's considered good and having heart for the business or as we say "hart voor de zaak" if you go to your office / work when you have a cold .. spreading your cold to others is considered normal we here in the west are mad for sure hahah..

Al this behavior will have to change and be more like china.. until we have a vaccine. and that's going to take at least 1 to 1.5 or even 2yr..
But that doesn't mean everything needs to stay closed for that long. people will have to understand how this virus is spread that's all.
you don't need to wear a total body suite.
Just wear a mask when you have a cold disinfect your hands on the go. and limit touching your face.. and as soon as you are at home or office wash you hands..
Proper Hand Washing Technique is the most important :

Live long and prosper..

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 07:37:11 »
Oh, Netherlands also have this idiocy.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 08:20:35 »

i'm writing you from The Netherlands..

One important thing to remember is this is not a new thing we have had these types of viruses for a long time.
Whether we like it or not in the near future we will have to examine our behavior and the reasons for these types of viruses to muted and jump to humans.

On that note i would like you to take 6min and watch this short vid.

i'm personally not panicking i am not the youngest and i could do with a bit of weight loss both not really good when it comes to this virus.
But ever since i stopped eating animal products i have bin feeling much better loosing sum weight so i hope to be ok in the long run..
In my humble opinion it's not a time to panic but a time to analyze what we are doing and also to have a critical look at the distribution of wealth and our priorities.

PRECISELY..

Whole-Food-Plant-Based is the only solution, both to climate change AND future-pandemics.

238769-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 16:45:28 »
This so called 'stimulus check' covers about half of what I need for one month. If they were going to do it right they should've gone by the cost of living where the individual lives, not how big their return was last year.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 17:22:20 »
This so called 'stimulus check' covers about half of what I need for one month. If they were going to do it right they should've gone by the cost of living where the individual lives, not how big their return was last year.

Haven't looked into this, how much are they givn' out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 18:10:22 »

Haven't looked into this, how much are they givn' out.

One $1200 check for people who make less than $75k and filed their taxes last year.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 18:21:49 »
One $1200 check for people who make less than $75k and filed their taxes last year.

What happen to those $2000,4000, 5000,6000  threads on reddit. those never materialized ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 19:31:04 »
Went food shopping today for the first time in almost 2 weeks, since this thing's gotten really bad, and I was proud to see about 40% of the people wearing masks or face coverings of some sort. Good job my town!

Now if only the rest of the planet would get their **** together...

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 20:24:27 »
My town's stores are now limiting the number of people in the store and marked off wait areas (spaced) to get inside as well as spaced out marks for check out.

Lots are starting to wear masks and (thankfully) people here started social distancing on their own long before it was even mandated. For the most part, people here (southwest) have really taken it serious. So glad I moved before all this happened.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 20:33:58 »
It's gonna be a 6 months to a year thing, for the 1st wave, then there will be a 2nd wave.

If we do everything right, hopefully, there won't be a 3rd wave.   at the end of it, 1-2 years

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 03:57:58 »
Why will there be a second wave, because restrictions are slackened too quickly and everyone becomes complacent or a mutation that renders everyone vulnerable again?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 04:23:06 »
Why will there be a second wave, because restrictions are slackened too quickly and everyone becomes complacent or a mutation that renders everyone vulnerable again?

All of the above.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 05:02:45 »

All of the above.

Classic

239408-0

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 06:50:46 »

All of the above.

Not only that, historically viruses usually kinda slow down in summer then come back with a vengeance in the late fall. That's partly what made the Spanish Flu epidemic so devastating, we thought the virus had passed & let our guard down only to be slammed by it again in the late fall/winter.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 08:04:23 »
will there be a second wave, because restrictions are slackened too quickly and everyone becomes complacent or a mutation that renders everyone vulnerable again?

All of the above.

we thought the virus had passed & let our guard down only to be slammed by it again

Most importantly, we don't yet know what sort of natural immunity will look like for the people who have been infected or exposed.

*IF* and this is a big if, we develop good permanent immunity after the initial iteration, then we can all breathe a lot easier. If it is a weaker or more temporary immunity, we could see repeated cycles.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 09:17:24 »

Most importantly, we don't yet know what sort of natural immunity will look like for the people who have been infected or exposed.

*IF* and this is a big if, we develop good permanent immunity after the initial iteration, then we can all breathe a lot easier. If it is a weaker or more temporary immunity, we could see repeated cycles.

There is a very high probability cov19 will become Endemic, which makes our future even more complicated.

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 02:15:21 »
You really think it will take over a year to develop resistances and cures?

I think it's going to take a long time, yes.  But I also think that if there's a second wave of the same virus (and not a crazy deathly mutation), when that'll happen there willll be plenty of masks for the doctors/nurses/regular people as well etc. and plenty of ventilators.

There also should also be plenty and different types of tests, so it should be easier to isolate people who could spread it.

Masks/ventilators/tests: this seems certain that we'll have that for when other waves hit.

And hopefully by then there should also be better treatment for those already having Covid-19 at an advanced stage. There are entire countries now testing some medication: in a few weeks/months we'll have data on what works (or doesn't).
So I think the absolute worse, unless the virus mutates in a deadly way, is basically to catch it now and be one of those for whom it gets critical: because the hospitals are, atm, the least prepared to deal with it.
I don't think catching it in a secondary wave would be as bad: I'm not saying it'd be great, but it seems less frightening.
For the economy: now that's scary and I wouldn't be surprised to see other lockdowns during the next outbreak.

My wife+daughter are locked down heavily in one of the worst affected country (Spain) while, due to bad luck, I'm locked down in another country (Belgium).  Haven't seen them in a month and due to residency/passport details I can't go back (it's supposed to be the EU with free movement of people but, well, the EU tune has changed and every single country does what it wants now and Spain is the most "paranoid" one: so there's no way I can go back there now). I have no idea when I'll see them. I'm super scared that I could catch it and never see them again (my wife she's quite a bit younger so she's probably fine and my kid is only 5, so fingers crossed).

HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline iri

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 16:42:18 »
well, the EU tune has changed
Oh yes.

239552-0

I have no idea when I'll see them. I'm super scared that I could catch it and never see them again (my wife she's quite a bit younger so she's probably fine and my kid is only 5, so fingers crossed).
Show them how you love them and go on foot!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/frenchman-gets-lost-in-pyrenees-on-cross-border-trek-for-cigarettes

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 02:40:53 »
Ah ah good one iri...  I think I saw recently that there were still a few bears in these mountains: could have been worse for that dude! 

Be safe guys!
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 11:44:18 »
May last until the end of 2020 imo, or turns in sth like influenza with a lot more powerful non-reversable damage on yr body

I'm HongKongers and we somehow in a most dangerous position geographically and we have a s**tty government that nearly do nothing for the epidemic prevention…

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 17:48:35 »
I feel like restrictions will stay in effect at least until the start of summer, here in the UK at least. A paper released studying data in 100 Chinese cities shows that the higher the temperature and humidity, the lower the transmission rate. This may give governments the impetus, in the face of what will likely be extreme pressure from the public, to relax restrictions on staying indoors. There is also the start of the new school year to consider, which most parties will be extremely reticent to impact because of the effect this might have. There's also the simple fact that there will be a point at which it is not viable for governments to continue to keep in action policies they've put in place to pay wages of those on furlough, for example. The further a budget is stretched, the greater the impact in terms of recession following this crisis.

We can also theorise that the effects of the virus will not end once we're all vaccinated, the effects on our society and how we live and work will be changed in potentially profound ways. In some cases, these will simply be trends that were already showing, but we wouldn't expect for years, but which have been proven during these times. There are businesses that will collapse, that will not recover - the prevailing trends of online purchasing and ultra-fast delivery will render certain retail business unviable ultimately, with those businesses that have an online operation being the only ones steadily maintaining business during this time. In terms of media, with cinemas closed for a long time, studios are already looking at how they can supply new releases on streaming platforms to keep ticket sales coming in. It's unlikely that cinemas will be going away, but this will increase the market position of streaming services, a trend that is already well established.

One of the biggest changes may well come in working conditions. Flexible hours and remote working were both concepts that business were starting to become more comfortable with before the crisis, but the viability of such has now been truly tested by crucible.  There is a strong likelihood that business may rethink how they operate in terms of both roles and workspaces. This may allow them to become open to hiring from a wider geographical range, for example. Especially people in roles that aren't directly customer-facing on a day to day basis, there is a good chance that people will be given better flexibility in where they work.

It's also predicted that we'll see major shifts in what we eat and the products available. With companies reducing ranges from dozens of lines down to two or three and with fruit now becoming seasonal, we may find that we only have a 1/3 of the choice we had before and that we can only get Strawberries and other seasonal fruit during their actual growing seasons.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 19:29:51 »
it's the media's fault, which is causing mass hysteria

until the media gets its facts straight, and puts all of this into a realistic perspective, there will be no change...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 19:58:34 »

until the media gets its facts straight, and puts all of this into a realistic perspective, there will be no change...

The media serves the Oligarchs.

The oligarchs desire nothing less than their slaves stepping over each other.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:09:35 »

More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:25:55 »

Well people these days are stupider and more susceptible to influence than ever before. That sheep mentality makes social platforms extremely dangerous since people are getting their information from loud uninformed idiots these days instead of informed factual sources. People look for something that kinda lines up with what they want to believe, then slightly adjust their own pre notions to fit it and banner that cause. It's just a microcosm of technology being geared towards human being's innate want to be as lazy and automated as possible, right down to their core beliefs.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline iri

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:35:23 »
Hmmm
https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/
“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”
Now, he does.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 08:14:13 »

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

Now, he does.

My guess is that he is one of those people who talks but doesn't listen.

Offline iri

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 17:06:08 »
I feel like restrictions will stay in effect at least until the start of summer, here in the UK at least.
I would be really happy if it ends before the start of summer.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fatcoffeebeans

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 17:21:41 »
i'm in NYC
I've heard that by May things will lighten up and we may be let outside however I do not think it will be that soon. hopefully july or august things will be back to normal
Topre Realforce 45g 87u

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 17:33:04 »
I really hope the buffer period is enough to discourage a second wave. I worry a lot about my old mom and dad in these times.