Author Topic: Elementary School Shooting, Newtown CT - 26 innocent dead, 20 children  (Read 39319 times)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Elementary School Shooting, Newtown CT - 27 dead, 18 children
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 00:43:48 »
^ and I think we can both agree that it's a much better alternative to what actually went down.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Elementary School Shooting, Newtown CT - 27 dead, 18 children
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 00:43:51 »
no. we are talking about sick people. disturbed people that need help.

they are only "terrible" people once they do what they do.

I have a feeling these people were far beyond being "talked off the ledge".
eh you don't know that.

^ and I think we can both agree that it's a much better alternative to what actually went down.
no, not really. him ending his life would have still been a tragedy.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 00:45:38 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Elementary School Shooting, Newtown CT - 27 dead, 18 children
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 00:55:29 »
Yea you're right. I was probably a little out of line there. The whole situation is tragic. It's a shame these mental health issues aren't dealt with in a better way or covered by health insurance.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 01:55:25 »
Some of you may argue "we want an explanation" when the truth is its none of your ****ing business. Unless your family or friends of the victims, you're not owed an explanation of any kind.
Exactly. Rubberneckers are the reason why media go ape sh!t at every incident. Shock and awe drives up ratings I guess.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 03:11:07 »
There are two reasons for this, the first being stupidly easy access to firearms without much thought and secondly the media:

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 03:13:20 by longweight »

Offline iri

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 03:40:52 »
^ seriously, easy access to guns and guaranteed broad media coverage aren't THE reasons to go kill random people and then commit suicide. those are rather catalysts.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 04:32:54 »
Yea that's another big problem people are starting to bring up - for instance everyone knows the names "Dylan Klebold" and "Eric Harris". But do most people remember any of the names of those poor defenseless children those two psychos murdered?
Weirdly enough I can remember some of their names, Isaiah(spelling?), Rachel, Lauren, John, Daniel..
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 05:38:36 »
^ seriously, easy access to guns and guaranteed broad media coverage aren't THE reasons to go kill random people and then commit suicide. those are rather catalysts.
Those are the reasons that so many people died and will keep dying at the hands of people that need mental health care.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 06:49:38 »
What do you have against the fundamentalist Christians of modern-day America? I'd say they're worlds better than the fundamentalist Muslims halfway across the globe who spread hate, violence, and destruction.
Yeah, thing is the fact you can find an item B worse than item A doesn't mean A is no longer bad. That's like if I complained about a pizza having anchovies and you saying "hey Malphas, what's wrong with anchovies? It's worlds better than dog feces".

i.e. The fact that the Arab world and fundamental Muslims are more ****ed up than the USA and Fundamental Christians doesn't negate the fact the latter are still ****ed up. Also, "spreading hate, violence, and destruction" (you could also add ignorant to the list) is something fundamental Christians do pretty well with their anti-Abortion violence, pro-death penalty stance, anti-teaching of evolution/science in general, pro-War stance, etc. etc.

To be honest, who gives a damn if somebody wants to believe in evolution of not? I personally do, but it's not like it hurts other people or their property if I choose not to.

And what's so wrong with being for the death penalty? The death penalty is in place to punish those who commit the most heinous of crimes. It's not like people want it to be used on shoplifters or pot dealers, or things like that. If the Newtown shooter had survived, don't you think he would deserve the death penalty? It's not like they use the death penalty on people for acts like listening to "Western" music and wearing white socks, like the Taliban, a large and organized group of Islamic extremists, did.

And with abortion...well, that's a very deeply personal matter with people. But after you say that fundamentalist Christains in the US are just as messed up as Muslim extremists in the Middle East, let me think for a second...are you saying that opposition to giving women the right to abort is on the same par as shooting women who dare walk out without being covered in a burka and accompanied by a man, or giving the death penalty to women who dare go out and drive? That's the stuff that really goes on in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, and places ruled by the Taliban and other such terrorist groups.

As a resident of the US, I see churches and evangelical Christians going out and helping others, for the most part. One big church in the town next to where I work is working right now to set up free temporary housing to help out those who lost their homes on Staten Island during Hurricane Sandy. Other churches have collections to help the poor and deliver services such as health care for them. There may be a few wackjobs out there like the one guy who shot the abortion doctor in court, or the crazy guy in Florida who was going to have a big "Burn a Quran Day", or the 30-member Westboro Baptist church who pickets at military funerals for some distorted homophobic vision, but that is not the norm at all. Most Christians, probably 99.999% I see out there try to help others, not hurt others. Remember, there's over 3 billion Christians in the world, but maybe only a few hundred who are wacked-out nut jobs like the ones I just mentioned. But then there's whole states and nations and governments controlled by radical Muslim extremists, and numerous terrorist incidents such as 9/11/01, 9/11/12, the Fort Hood mass shooting. And you say that fundamentalist Christians are just as bad by being opposed to abortion and evolution?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 06:58:11 »
Yes, different societal constraints govern just how extreme both groups can be but in principle and many beliefs they are the same thing.

Abortion has nothing, absolutely **** all to do with religion. Why the hell should US Christian groups be allowed to block and upset abortion practices? Religion should never ever come into consideration when dealing with health and law.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 07:14:00 by longweight »

Offline eugenius

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 07:19:47 »
You can't legislate danger or crazy people out of existence, all you can do is have the means and the education to defend yourself well if you can't avoid the confrontation.

If you take away guns only the outlaws and the sociopaths will have them, they don't care about the law anyway.
Cherry ErgoPlus MX5000 + MX5700 / IBM Model M

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 07:21:36 »
You can't legislate danger or crazy people out of existence, all you can do is have the means and the education to defend yourself well if you can't avoid the confrontation.

If you take away guns only the outlaws and the sociopaths will have them, they don't care about the law anyway.

Not true at all, do you have any statistics that show countries that have relaxed gun laws have fewer crimes committed with firearms?

Offline eugenius

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 07:46:49 »
That is a deflection and a poor one because all I've said is both true and obvious.

We either become a flock of sheep and god help us when a wolf gets loose or we grow up and learn to live with danger and take care of ourselves because NOBODY sane will risk even a hair on their ass-adjacent area for anybody else. That includes you mr/ms statistics. ;)

If Breivik lived in USA he wouldn't have succeeded in killing so many people. By the way, guns are controlled in Norway.
Cherry ErgoPlus MX5000 + MX5700 / IBM Model M

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 07:51:54 »
If it is true and obvious then prove it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:20:46 by longweight »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:33:23 »
Not that I'm for a toys for guns arrangement, but how is a propaganda poster supposed to strengthen your point when you're demanding proof from your counterpoint?

What study is attributed to those numbers?  How were those numbers arrived at?  What's the ratio of gun ownership to gun related deaths in the countries listed? These are the questions proof answers.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:39:26 »
Here is a more detailed and up to date listing of gun ownership and gun related deaths: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:41:47 »
See?  This is what I mean.  High five

But it isn't exactly strengthening your point as it says that the US has a significantly higher percentage of civilian gun ownership, but a very low gun death percentage, too.  It also doesn't jive with that 10k people killed by guns in the US poster, as they show ~1k less and that the US isn't even the highest in total deaths as we're led to believe.  I would be interested as well to see the gun laws in the countries surrounding the US in raw number of people killed by guns (the US is 5th and has more total guns than the rest of the top 10 combined).

Also, another niggle with your poster.  That uses West Germany as a country and I'm fairly certain West Germany hasn't been a country in a large number of years.

Again, I'm not condoning simply looking the other way, but you're trying to argue a point with (forgive the comparison) a half cocked gun.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:52:19 by tjcaustin »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:45:55 »
Proof that you shouldn't post and drink kids.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:52:50 »
Proof that you shouldn't post and drink kids.

Why would I ever drink kids?  That's weird.

Offline iri

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 08:59:13 »
What study is attributed to those numbers?  How were those numbers arrived at?  What's the ratio of gun ownership to gun related deaths in the countries listed? These are the questions proof answers.
my question number one will be "what the **** is west germany doing in this list?"
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:08:52 »
my question number one will be "what the **** is west germany doing in this list?"

I realized that later when comparing figures, heh.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:20:17 »
The truth is thanks to the media coverage of these events there's someone out there who is already planning a way to "one up" this **** instead of killing themselves in their basement like they should have just done in the first place. Thank you News Media, YOU killed all these kids when you decided to broadcast tragedies like this as if its a reality show. Some of you may argue "we want an explanation" when the truth is its none of your ****ing business. Unless your family or friends of the victims, you're not owed an explanation of any kind.

Is this a subtle way of telling us that's exactly what YOU"RE doing?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:23:43 »
The truth is thanks to the media coverage of these events there's someone out there who is already planning a way to "one up" this **** instead of killing themselves in their basement like they should have just done in the first place. Thank you News Media, YOU killed all these kids when you decided to broadcast tragedies like this as if its a reality show. Some of you may argue "we want an explanation" when the truth is its none of your ****ing business. Unless your family or friends of the victims, you're not owed an explanation of any kind.

Yea that's another big problem people are starting to bring up - for instance everyone knows the names "Dylan Klebold" and "Eric Harris". But do most people remember any of the names of those poor defenseless children those two psychos murdered? Unfortunately no, media sensationalism made these two guys into ****ing rockstars. And who is in bed with the media? ...........

I don't see how any of these things are "BIG" problems..

So we lose say another 100 kids...   

The cost to train a few pilots and send them to Afghanistan to die for oil, ENORMOUS compared to the cost of popping out 100 more kids and raising them to age 10..

What I'm getting at is, LETS get the BIG THINGS RIGHT, bring the soldiers HOME..... Little kids are NOT worth as much as they are CUTE....

Similar to saving pandas,, THEY'RE freaking fat overgrown, out-evolutioned-naturally-obsolete dogs.

Offline iri

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:27:49 »
i think someone is short from following ripster's path

-Ray Bradbury

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:29:37 »

Yea that's another big problem people are starting to bring up - for instance everyone knows the names "Dylan Klebold" and "Eric Harris". But do most people remember any of the names of those poor defenseless children those two psychos murdered? Unfortunately no, media sensationalism made these two guys into ****ing rockstars. And who is in bed with the media? ...........

The cost to train a few pilots and send them to Afghanistan to die for oil, ENORMOUS compared to the cost of popping out 100 more kids and raising them to age 10..

What I'm getting at is, LETS get the BIG THINGS RIGHT, bring the soldiers HOME..... Little kids are NOT worth as much as they are CUTE....

Similar to saving pandas,, THEY'RE freaking fat overgrown, out-evolutioned-naturally-obsolete dogs.

You want the West to withdraw from conflict zones that do not directly affect national security?

Good luck filling that gaping hole in the nations income.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:31:21 »

I already mentioned... I do feel for the kids... I agree we should protect children from harm... But this is a discussion of the fate of this country... Dead children is a small problem compared to "The Economy" "The Afghan War" and "The Energy crisis"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:34:49 »

You want the West to withdraw from conflict zones that do not directly affect national security?

Good luck filling that gaping hole in the nations income.

Selling guns to ourselves is what we're doing...

On the books, we're printing money like we always have....

It's not really income....

It's a reason to "spend" and "borrow"

This is NOT PRODUCTIVE.....

We're turning into great britain post industrial revolution, when the UNITED STATES came to GLORY.....

Now if we don't do something fast, CHINA is gonna take place of the USA....

NOTICE the trend,, anytime we have upcoming nations partaking in Enormous environmental damage for the sake of industry, THEY are replacing someone who's faltering...

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:38:07 »
The UK is selling them to others :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:45:58 »
The UK is selling them to others :)

Every industrial nation sells SOME guns to other people... But the problem is inherent in US economic history, not only involving guns.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:53:22 »
Has a anyone brought up the fact that gun control has largely increased at the same time these incidents have ALSO increased? Or that Connecticut has some of THE MOST strict gun laws in the U.S.? From talking to people about U.S. gun laws, the one thing I've noticed is, those who want more gun control, are the same people who literally have ZERO familiarity with the laws we already have! Most of which are argued to help create these very tragedies!

I mean, really, you simply cannot blame these situations directly on the guns themselves. And you can't make straight comparisons between the U.S. and other countries either. Think critically here, people, you're Geekhackers. You're smarter than that!!

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/ct-gun-laws-prevented-school-gunman-from-purchasing-rifle-four-days-ago/
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 09:56:13 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 10:28:57 »
If Breivik lived in USA he wouldn't have succeeded in killing so many people. By the way, guns are controlled in Norway.
Absolute BS. And yes firearms are controlled everywhere in the developed world, including Norway, and including the USA, but that doesn't change the fact that the firearms Breivik used were purchased legally after he tried and failed to purchase them illegally in Europe.  So any kind of argument you're trying to make on that is dead in the water already . Stop being disingenuous to support your position (which presumably is the same as mine) and make honest arguments instead of just looking like a liar/idiot.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 10:30:48 »
instead of killing themselves in their basement like they should have just done in the first place.
Exactly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 10:33:11 »
Has a anyone brought up the fact that gun control has largely increased at the same time these incidents have ALSO increased? Or that Connecticut has some of THE MOST strict gun laws in the U.S.? From talking to people about U.S. gun laws, the one thing I've noticed is, those who want more gun control, are the same people who literally have ZERO familiarity with the laws we already have! Most of which are argued to help create these very tragedies!

I mean, really, you simply cannot blame these situations directly on the guns themselves. And you can't make straight comparisons between the U.S. and other countries either. Think critically here, people, you're Geekhackers. You're smarter than that!!

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/ct-gun-laws-prevented-school-gunman-from-purchasing-rifle-four-days-ago/

Guns are NOT the problem.. we've established this, anyone who thinks that guns are the problem is childish.

Anyone who is bent on killing a bunch of kids will succeed. For several reasons.

Children collect in large groups EVERY MORNING...

They're defenseless

Anything short of armed guards will NOT stop an ARMED mad man.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 10:37:08 »

I already mentioned... I do feel for the kids... I agree we should protect children from harm... But this is a discussion of the fate of this country... Dead children is a small problem compared to "The Economy" "The Afghan War" and "The Energy crisis"
Hi, I think this is where you're making your mistake. See, this thread is called "Elementary School Shooting, Newtown CT - 27 dead, 18 children" and is specifically about that tragedy (the clue is in the title). You seem to have mistaken it for some sort of debate on the USA as a whole, which must be why your comments here are so bizarre, out of place and moronic.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 10:46:00 »

Guns are NOT the problem.. we've established this, anyone who thinks that guns are the problem is childish.

Anyone who is bent on killing a bunch of kids will succeed. For several reasons.

They're defenseless

Anyone that discounts firearms as part of the equation is either a simpleton or insincere to suit their attitude towards gun control, or both. Clearly firearms massively increase the amount of destruction a single individual can do, whilst decreasing the amount of effort and ability required. Children are generally accompanied by adults who have a much better chance of stopping/slowing an unarmed assailant or one with a non-projectile weapon than one armed with firearms. So when something like this occurs with legally-purchased firearms, then obviously questions are raised about the nature of gun control.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 11:01:43 »
Last I checked though, bombs cause a hell of a lot more destruction than guns. And few people are aware that they can be assembled and created QUITE easily. Even more easy than legally purchasing a gun, arguably.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 11:17:05 »
Exactly, few people are aware thankfully. And that's also why purchasing the chemicals necessary to make one is usually either regulated or raises flags with the police. You can also build firearms fairly easily as well. None of this has anything to do with what I just said, however.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:07:38 »
Yea but that's not true though. Bombs can be created easily through materials bought at hardware stores which are not regulated. They can also be assembled with materials which are regulated but are easily available (like illegal guns) via the black market. Don't forget, the columbine shooters used homemade pipe bombs.

Edit: So last night I had a housewarming party and my parents were there...of course the convo gets political and this topic comes up and my mom pulls out the whole "I don't like those violent video games..." thing and I'm like "Shtahp!!"

It's like, for God's sake I'm your son! I like playing Counter-Strike and L4D2 and I would NEVER want to hurt another human being!
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:13:50 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:36:27 »
Yea but that's not true though. Bombs can be created easily through materials bought at hardware stores which are not regulated. They can also be assembled with materials which are regulated but are easily available (like illegal guns) via the black market. Don't forget, the columbine shooters used homemade pipe bombs.

Edit: So last night I had a housewarming party and my parents were there...of course the convo gets political and this topic comes up and my mom pulls out the whole "I don't like those violent video games..." thing and I'm like "Shtahp!!"

It's like, for God's sake I'm your son! I like playing Counter-Strike and L4D2 and I would NEVER want to hurt another human being!
What part of what I said isn't true exactly?

Edit: I'm going to elaborate actually, because as usual you most likely will fail to understand. See, I said "purchasing the chemicals necessary to make one is usually either regulated or raises flags with the police" that implies at least three possibilities exist:

A) The chemicals are regulated.

B) The chemicals are not regulated (as inferred by the "or" operator, rather than "and") but large or unusual purchases of them may be reported to the appropriate authorities for investigation.

C) The chemicals are not regulated or reported (as inferred by "usually" rather than something like "always").

So you see, your statement that you make immediately after suggesting what I said wasn't true - that bombs can be created from unregulated materials bought from hardware stores - falls under C) as part of my original assertion and therefore isn't evidence of what I said not being true.

And once again, this has nothing to do with what I said about gun control being something that naturally get raised in response to incidents like these where legally purchased firearms were used.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:46:17 by Malphas »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:39:55 »
Give it a rest guys... please.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:42:10 »

This topic is about "dead children" not "The Economy" "The Afghan War" or "The Energy crisis". If you need to read the title. Have a little compation. No reason to compare kids to irreverent issues. Lose the pride and entitlement and try to love when you can.

You guys complain about how Obama is corrupt but at the same time you guys complain about how you want our country to have money and power. There are many things to hate but just enough to love. Then why do people hate so much?

There is no power or money without corruption.

The media portrays what they deem to be interesting and a lot of the times overdramatise truth. He who controls the media controls the minds of the people.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 12:44:12 by TheQsanity »
SmallFry! <3

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 13:23:37 »
You guys complain about how Obama is corrupt but at the same time you guys complain about how you want our country to have money and power. There are many things to hate but just enough to love. Then why do people hate so much?

Not me man. I agree that criminals should not possess guns - so I say, let's start with the criminals in Washington.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 13:49:19 »

They're defenseless

Anyone that discounts firearms as part of the equation is either a simpleton or insincere to suit their attitude towards gun control, or both. Clearly firearms massively increase the amount of destruction a single individual can do, whilst decreasing the amount of effort and ability required. Children are generally accompanied by adults who have a much better chance of stopping/slowing an unarmed assailant or one with a non-projectile weapon than one armed with firearms. So when something like this occurs with legally-purchased firearms, then obviously questions are raised about the nature of gun control.

You're mistaken.. a firearm increases the destruction a person "CAN" achieve. It will never make a person MORE likely to WANT to kill...

More simply,, educating an insane person greatly increased his "destructive potential"  is education now a weapon we should regulate???

I don't believe we should put much worry into these outlier people in general, because they're few and far in between...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 13:52:35 »

This topic is about "dead children" not "The Economy" "The Afghan War" or "The Energy crisis". If you need to read the title. Have a little compation. No reason to compare kids to irreverent issues. Lose the pride and entitlement and try to love when you can.

The media portrays what they deem to be interesting and a lot of the times overdramatise truth. He who controls the media controls the minds of the people.

Compassion yes, but Love? are you serious.... grow up..

Offline Malphas

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:00:38 »

They're defenseless

You're mistaken.. a firearm increases the destruction a person "CAN" achieve. It will never make a person MORE likely to WANT to kill...
That's exactly what I said, you dunce. It makes it much easier for them to cause harm, and increases the capacity for harm. That alone is reason to take a look at gun control measures, since this atrocity was committed with legally purchased firearms. My God, I'm sick of explaining basic concepts and logic to you simpletons.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:03:37 »
what was that quote again..

LOL, kids and their verbal diarrhea...   ;D

ah, yes. there it is.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:05:36 »

Compassion yes, but Love? are you serious.... grow up..
Another pot/kettle rendezvous.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #197 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 18:14:41 »
what was that quote again..

LOL, kids and their verbal diarrhea...   ;D

ah, yes. there it is.

Omg was thinking the same thing. Not sure why tip is so aggressive. Loosen that shell a little and try to open up to...differnt ideas. ;D
SmallFry! <3

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 18:30:28 »
You know someone is terrible at debating/having a civil conversation when they are constantly reverting to name-calling.

And of course, calling someone a "libertard" is evidence of a completely totalitarian attitude.

You can always tell the people for whom government appeals because they want to control the way other people think and live.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 19:09:32 »
So, news coming out saying, he was on meds.. well there you have it...

Drug company give practicing psychotherapists a bonus for selling their pills, Kid goes on rampage. More people go in for treatment and testing, more pills..  Brilliant marketing.