Author Topic: Wot's yer poison?  (Read 13927 times)

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
Re: Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 16:34:23 »
For whisky, I'm in exactly the same boat as Pexon (Glenfiddich and Glenlivet), I find most lagers too gassy, Becks Vier is the only one I really like. As for proper beer, nothing is better than some Theakston Old Peculiar.

Cracking beer that!  ;)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 16:41:49 »
Total frat boy drink, but here's a cheap and quick way to get messed up at a house party that my brother in law and his buddy "came up with" (AKA He could be lying, I don't know).

Get a 4 pack of rockstar (or substitute your own favorite energy drink oz for oz)
A bottle of UV Blue (blueberry vodka).

Pour half the UV Blue and 2 rockstars in a pitcher.

Due to the green colour it makes, it's coined an "Antifreeze" Easy to make, and relatively cheap if you don't mind drinking the same thing all night. Same properties as a jagerbomb (booze & caffiene) Easy to make and relatively cheap.

Potent stuff and it drinks like soda.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 16:59:36 »
Total frat boy drink, but here's a cheap and quick way to get messed up at a house party that my brother in law and his buddy "came up with" (AKA He could be lying, I don't know).

Get a 4 pack of rockstar (or substitute your own favorite energy drink oz for oz)

Due to the green colour it makes, it's coined an "Antifreeze" Easy to make, and relatively cheap if you don't mind drinking the same thing all night. Same properties as a jagerbomb (booze & caffiene) Easy to make and relatively cheap.

This isn't something I'd suggest to anyone I know as there have been many reported cases of death due to the combination of alcohol and energy drinks.

#YOLO

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 17:03:23 »
^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 22:58:55 »
You guys are doing it wrong..  alcohol taste bad... period...

If they taste good to you, it's cuz you've tricked yourself into it...

Drink to Get DRUNK

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:03:27 »
I mainly only drink beer. The prices of anything else at pubs/clubs here is stupidly expensive. It costs around $5 - $8 for a beer here and for spirits in a bottle mixed with Cola or whatever you're looking at about $11.

But I rarely drink these days anyway, I tend to get week long hangovers when I do.. It's as though I am allergic to alcohol. No real loss.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:04:46 »
I mainly only drink beer. The prices of anything else at pubs/clubs here is stupidly expensive. It costs around $5 - $8 for a beer here and for spirits in a bottle mixed with Cola or whatever you're looking at about $11.

For one drink?

srly? You can buy a 6 pack of premium beer for $7-$9
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:06:05 »

For one drink?

A 6 pack of anything decent here is like anywhere between $15 and $30.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:07:42 »
Australia prices are crazy. I remember buying pints at a regular $9-11 per. Then again, you can always get some goon there....nothing like 4 liters of 'wine' for $12.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:10:58 »

For one drink?

WTF??   I thought you were a girl?  why are you buying your own booze :D

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:43:04 »

For one drink?

WTF??   I thought you were a girl?  why are you buying your own booze :D
It's some weird thing we do in Australia  :))

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 08:24:54 »
I went through a stage last year where I would buy flavored booze and I would mix it with all different kinds of soda (I think the technical term for this is highballs?) My favorite combinations were: UV Red and Dr Pepper, Bacardi Burnt Cherry and Dr Pepper, Whiskey and Ginger Ale, Gin and Juice.

Lately I've gotten more into beers - there is no problem a 6 pack of Yuengling can't solve!
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:02:03 »
It might be $30, but that's still a steal. I hate bars/their prices. So I'll re-ask what are some good cocktails to try?

Depends on your palate, and the barman's mixology style. Some go heavy on the booze, others light. Some drown a martini in vermouth, and others (properly, imo) will put some in, coat the glass and discard the excess.

for sweet drinks that tend to mask the alcohol, most anything mixes well with vodka. Screwdrivers (vodka & OJ) Cran & Vodka is an old favorite of mine, especially if the cran isn't too sweet. I find the tartness of the cranberry masks the alcohol very well. Spiced rum & coke is always good, and Seagram's 7 and 7UP are generally our bar standby if we run out of ideas.

Personally for a more "sophisticated" drink, I love Gin & Tonic. I prefer a very aromatic gin like Bombay Sapphire, but you might prefer a less obvious gin.

and for god's sake if you get a martini, do it properly, gin,  not vodka, with just a small amount of dry vermouth, and of course slightly stirred. I hate all these people thinking they'll be cool and original if they order a drink like they're Bond.

Some "heavier" drinks I like (as they both include cream/milk) are Paralyzers and just like the dude, White Russians.

If you want something palatable that will get you screwed up quick, a Hurricaine or Long Island Iced Tea will get you there. I'm not even going to try on the recipes for these because i've only had them if a pro is mixing.

Something i've been meaning to taste-test for a while is OJ, Cran, vodka and Beer. It's great without the beer, but I think the extra fizz would be nice and take the sweetness off the OJ/Cran that all too often are loaded with added sugar.

If you're feeling a little more vegan, A bloody mary or ceasar might be up your alley. The acid and salt really pops the taste buds.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:19:49 by Internetlad »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:06:01 »
midori pearl divers are what got me over never drinking alcohol (midori/malibu/pineapple juice)
hurricanes (drink, not act of nature) are pretty awesome, too.
lemonade + vodka or bourbon are both nice

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:13:27 »
One thing to add, if you get a white russian at a bar, make sure they do it right. It's supposed to be somewhat layered so that the top is easy to drink and the last few drinks are very potent (almost pure vodka/khalua with no milk) whereas most bartenders (at least around where I live) will just mix the whole thing together with a bunch of ice and call it good.

As far as shots, I already specified that gladiators are great,  and really any pure spirit makes a good shot, depending on your mood, but if you get a B52 and the barkeep layers it properly, it's outta this world..

midori pearl divers are what got me over never drinking alcohol (midori/malibu/pineapple juice)

Looked up the recipe and found this tidbit "Well, Midori is a melon liquer made in Japan (midori means green - and by "made in" I mean a Japanese company makes it in Mexico)."
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:21:12 by Internetlad »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:26:27 »
Usually I drink beer. No PBR for me, though. Life's too short to drink cheap beer. Shiner Bock is my go to. I do love a Guinness, too.

For straight spirits, I prefer whiskey, rum, and vodka. Single malt scotch, blended scotch, Wild Turkey 101, Jack Daniel's. Appleton is my favorite rum. I brought some back with me from Jamaica. And I like my vodka Russian. I can tolerate Grey Goose, but I prefer Russian Standard.

As for mixed drinks, I lean toward whiskey sour, amaretto sour, gin and tonic, dry vodka martini, margarita (rocks). I've had some local frozen specialties in the islands (Hawaii, Jamaica) that I really enjoyed.

You should try a Flaming Dr Pepper sometime. Or an Irish Car Bomb. Everyone should try a Cement Mixer once, just for the experience. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:32:19 »
A cool shot i've been meaning to try is a "brain hemorrhage"

a couple drops of grenadine, Peach schnapps with some irish cream (baileys) poured in. The irish cream will clump and hang suspended in the schnapps and form what's supposed to look like a rotten brain lol

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:34:16 »

a couple drops of grenadine, Peach schnapps with some irish cream (baileys) poured in. The irish cream will clump and hang suspended in the schnapps and form what's supposed to look like a rotten brain lol

Show Image

I've also heard that called an "abortion"

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:36:15 »

haha oh wow that's bad. I love black humour.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 16:05:16 »

straight forward information for you

Dilute alcohol with Sugary Soft Drink = good...

it's that simple

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 16:29:11 »
Or an Irish Car Bomb.

Why would you tell anyone to actually drink this?  I thought you were his friend.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 16:37:12 »
Or an Irish Car Bomb.

Why would you tell anyone to actually drink this?  I thought you were his friend.

Coz it has delicious cream Bailey's in it, yes sir, thank ya sir.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 16:37:16 »
worst (intentionally) shot i've ever had by far is the Prarie Fire shot. I can't exactly what was in the version I had, but I know there was tabasco and I think cheap silver tequila. Absolute ass.

Coz it has delicious cream Bailey's in it, yes sir, thank ya sir.

B52 is still better.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 17:35:14 »
I like the B52, as well as the B54 variant. I have not had an Irish Car Bomb, so I can not compare.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline iri

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 05:13:51 »
no one mentioned sambuca yet?

I am allergic to alcohol
:(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 05:14:33 »
in russia there's also b53, which contains absinth.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dirge

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 05:59:00 »

Show Image

Done similar with Baileys and lime.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 10:33:05 »

Is it real absinthe (with wormwood) or a taste-alike? The real McCoy is illegal in the states since, well, it kind of has wormwood in it, and that kind of makes you go a little crazy.

But artists love it.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 10:39:32 »
worst (intentionally) shot i've ever had by far is the Prarie Fire shot. I can't exactly what was in the version I had, but I know there was tabasco and I think cheap silver tequila. Absolute ass.

Worst for me was a Jersey Turnpike... all the liquid from the bottom of the drink pouring pad/mat from the course of the night (or longer).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline iArson

Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 11:03:35 »
I'm a simple man. Jack and coke, without the coke.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 11:05:57 »
I'm a beer man, myself. I have a love for Hefeweizens. I had an amazing banana one (or three...) at a restaurant in the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco near the beach. I wish I could have more of that.

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 15:16:18 »

Trying this sometime this weekend...
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 15:42:50 »
Trying this sometime this weekend...

Be careful. It sneaks up on you. You don't realize that you're 3 drinks in playing video games, stand up and nearly fall over haha.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 15:52:05 »
I just want it because its greeeen!

I should splurge tonight, get wasted, spent all my money on here.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 16:01:13 »
I just want it because its greeeen!

I should splurge tonight, get wasted, spent all my money on here.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 16:05:06 »
I hope you're just referring to the fact that it is Friday ;) Coz I'm driver! No backseat for me!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 00:27:51 »
I hope you're just referring to the fact that it is Friday ;) Coz I'm driver! No backseat for me!

referring to just that indeed.

Offline iri

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 04:02:03 »
Is it real absinthe (with wormwood)
yes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sicyo

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 13:57:18 »

You could say I like dark beers and weird one-offs ;)

Currently I also have Jameson & Blackheart Rum in my darkest cabinet.

Anyone else a fan of Whiskey Rocks?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 14:14:24 »
Well, it was $10 per person, lets say I made the most of it and that will be the end of the story

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Wot's yer poison?
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:46:48 »
Well, it was $10 per person, lets say I made the most of it and that will be the end of the story

Full story! Full story!

Offline Trent

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 17:13:47 »
I've slowly disliked liquor & beer more and more over the last two years.  I have a Bell once and a while.  Although celebrating someone's 21st recently was indeed a good time  :))

I drink Red Bull more than anything else.

Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 17:28:50 »
Just came back from a 2day fishing trip with some Uni friends. Usually we have about 10 of us and our alcohol order is typically 5 cartons and about 5 bottles of hard liquor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 18:02:46 »
I've slowly disliked liquor & beer more and more over the last two years.  I have a Bell once and a while.  Although celebrating someone's 21st recently was indeed a good time  :))

Show Image

You know that stuff probably increases the rate of birth defects and other health hazards..

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:40:18 »

Show Image

You know that stuff probably increases the rate of birth defects and other health hazards..
In that case EVERYBODY I work with, will have messed up children, and will have a heart attack at 30.
@ Trent - yes it was, from what I remember.  So not much :D
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:43:10 »
i gave up energy drinks for the new year and i've all but lost any desire to drink them. i feel better too; i'm sure i drink enough coffee to make up for the caffeine but the rest of the additives can't be great for your body.
that said i am not as anti-energy drink as some people are.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:55:41 »

Full story! Full story!

I don't remember half of it soo....

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:56:20 »
and i'm sure that's about the face you made half the day afterward :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:57:59 »
and i'm sure that's about the face you made half the day afterward :P

From what I've heard, yes many many times. Mostly today after hearing what I did

Offline iri

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:26:46 »

-Ray Bradbury