Author Topic: When did you know you've become OLD..  (Read 10649 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: When did you know you've become OLD..
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:45:57 »
When I stopped caring about playing video games....

Says the 17 year old

Bro I seriously feel old as ****.

It's those gold springs wearing you down bro!

oh no you didn't... careful there, he LOVES gold springs... HHAHAHAHAH :D

I prefer my proletariat silver springs.. mm hmm...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:46:48 »
You know you're old when your wife tells you she's 'late' and it means she's constipated.

hahahaahaha... this is the first I've heard of this...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:47:08 »
When I started to take the elevator instead of the stairs even to go up just one floor.

This is like, every other American..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:49:10 »
the most recent one was last week i went to the post office and the lady behind the counter said "you kids, just like my daughter, you don't check your mail", i'm like "how old you think i am", and she's guessing i'm a "20 something"...

this made me happy to be thought of so young!

she had to do a double take and look at my dob (since i had my license out already to verify my address)

then she said "you asians what's your secret!"

i said "hair dye" i'm not even dying it funky colors, just black to hide the greys =(

how old are you actually

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:49:55 »

Sure, the current generation has Psy and Ke$ha and other pop culture horrors, but dammit, so did my generation.

Steppenwolf

Whenever I consider complaining about the music that my kids listen to, I cannot help but think of Steppenwolf.

My father hated Steppenwolf.

"Born to Be Wild" had just been released as a 45 when I got my driver's license, so it was an ultimate anthem for me.

Dad loved some of my music (that is, Creedence Clearwater Revival) but he hated Steppenwolf most of all.

They say everything old becomes new again, but... I don't see how 80's music is ever going to come back, certainly not the clothing or the hair. The 70's on the other hand have this weird classic feel that the 1980's just don't have. Eh, Video Killed the Radio Star. LOL, Steppenwolf!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:50:08 »
my car's radio is all NPR stations from the different cities i work in.

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bear95

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 20:13:52 »
I'm definitely not OLD at all but I know I'm becoming OLDER when the funerals I'm going to aren't only for relatives.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 20:26:39 »
I'm definitely not OLD at all but I know I'm becoming OLDER when the funerals I'm going to aren't only for relatives.

Ah funerals, the meeting of those who are saddened by the death of the victim and those who really wanted him to die.. HAHAHA... fantastic comedy..

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 20:55:59 »
When I noticed grey hairs. When I see crows feet forming around my eyes when smiling. When it takes longer to recover from anything. When I stopped caring about what other people think. Drinking and getting **** faced seems childish now. Started gaining weight so I have to watch what I eat. I could go on an on. haha

I am with you.  I was stoked that I beat my dad on the grey hair (his was completely silver by 27), mine is just salt and pepper at 35.  My biggest thing is getting out of bed and having to throw my weight over because my joints are so stiff that I can't quite bend enough.   :'(  I blame riding dirt bikes since the age 3. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:10:07 »
I'm hitting 33 this year and I still don't feel like it. I still feel like I have the same personality I did when I was a teenager. Although I have a family now with the house and 2 cars and all that bull****. But I still don't feel old. Hopefully I never will

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:19:54 »

NPR FTW!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:33:25 »
at 29, i certainly can't call myself old but i don't feel like i did a decade ago. My hairline moved, i gained 100lbs(!), and i don't feel like doing any youthful activities anymore, i own a $4k gaming computer but i don't feel like playing video games, i just work and work. i do feel old.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:37:56 »
at 29, i certainly can't call myself old but i don't feel like i did a decade ago. My hairline moved, i gained 100lbs(!), and i don't feel like doing any youthful activities anymore, i own a $4k gaming computer but i don't feel like playing video games, i just work and work. i do feel old.

4k?, is that with or without monitors..

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:44:14 »

without man....without... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36067.msg809084#msg809084

whole other conversation lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:55:19 »

without man....without... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36067.msg809084#msg809084

very pretty build Glod...

you really shell out for visuals...

I'm surprised you didn't just get 7970s in february since just 1 of them would be twice as fast as a 6950

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:05:55 »

I'm surprised you didn't just get 7970s in february since just 1 of them would be twice as fast as a 6950

again, whole other conversation lol but **** it ill bite. i already had 2 6950s i bought in early 2012, when i was building this i found 2 more 6950s on ebay with the exact same heatkiller waterblocks which they didn't sell anymore and they were only $400 for the pair with the waterblocks which was a great deal, the waterblocks themselves costed like 110$ each when new. i jumped on that and went the quadfire route, honestly i ****ing hate them because i hate amd and regret it but its unnecessary right now to get new cards when everything runs maxed (with a few crashes here and there of the ati driver), maybe late next year.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:08:10 »

again, whole other conversation lol but **** it ill bite. i already had 2 6950s i bought in early 2012, when i was building this i found 2 more 6950s on ebay with the exact same heatkiller waterblocks which they didn't sell anymore and they were only $400 for the pair with the waterblocks which was a great deal, the waterblocks themselves costed like 110$ each when new. i jumped on that and went the quadfire route, honestly i ****ing hate them because i hate amd and regret it but its unnecessary right now to get new cards when everything runs maxed (with a few crashes here and there of the ati driver), maybe late next year.

lol.. if you don't game.. I don't think you'll ever need to upgrade again, for the rest of your life..

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:11:26 »
who knows, maybe wanting to play video games will come back to me and so will my youth.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:28:40 »
who knows, maybe wanting to play video games will come back to me and so will my youth.

I've heard good things about steroids aka hormone replacement therapy

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:34:13 »
I'm hitting 33 this year and I still don't feel like it. I still feel like I have the same personality I did when I was a teenager. Although I have a family now with the house and 2 cars and all that bull****. But I still don't feel old. Hopefully I never will

This.  I'll be 32 in December.  Kids, mortgage, 9 to 5, etc.  But I still feel more or less the same as I did when I turned 22.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 08:10:23 »

They say everything old becomes new again, but... I don't see how 80's music is ever going to come back, certainly not the clothing or the hair. The 70's on the other hand have this weird classic feel that the 1980's just don't have. Eh, Video Killed the Radio Star. LOL, Steppenwolf!

I think I disagree. Something really did happen in the 1960s, and it changed the world forever, but that was far more existential than clothing fashion or music (and, by the way, Steppenwolf pretty well came and went in the 60s, although I saw them play for free outside in the afternoon at a county fair in the early 1990s).

I don't think that 1980s music was that much worse than 1970s music, it is always 90% terrible and 10% good. The highs might not have been as high, but the lows were not lower.

Personally, I think that pop music hit rock bottom with disco, but that was more or less simultaneous with punk, so go figure.

PS - you already commented on "Ready Player One" and how it was celebrating the 1980s. Was that a bad thing?

But I still feel more or less the same as I did when I turned 22.

I did not even blink at 30, and sailed past 40 without a worry.

50 hit me pretty hard because I was getting out of shape physically, but I turned it around and improved myself a lot.

60 was huge and I can feel the deterioration continue and accelerate despite my efforts to hold it back.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 09:15:28 by fohat.digs »
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 08:18:58 »

Sure, the current generation has Psy and Ke$ha and other pop culture horrors, but dammit, so did my generation.

Steppenwolf

Whenever I consider complaining about the music that my kids listen to, I cannot help but think of Steppenwolf.
yes, this book is a good read in such situations.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline DarSee

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 11:04:03 »

I get that.  I still feel like I have the same personality as I always did.  I never hit any point where I was like "I'm an adult!".  It's more gradual than that.  You're still you, it's just now you have heartburn if you eat pizza too late and then go to bed or you buy a firmer mattress so you don't wake up with back pain or wrinkles and grey hair shows up in the mirror.   I have a family, house, 2 cars, 2 grown kids and a grandkid.  I'm still just me.  Every once in a while though something will click and it'll bring home that I'm not a teenager any more.  That makes you feel old. 
Then you go back to your life and forget for a while until something else brings it up again.

At least, that's how it is for me.

Offline DarSee

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 11:09:17 »
I'm playing games on an old laptop (although to be fair it's still a good machine) and you own that beast and don't play???
That hurts...
 ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:09:49 »
This morning, woke up, back pain... ugh.........................

Offline dante

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 22:01:55 »
beef doesn't taste as good as I remember
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:11:06 by dante »

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:51:59 »
Try better beef? :P
Had some Kobe in Kobe the other day. It was tasty :D
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:53:51 »
Try better beef? :P
Had some Kobe in Kobe the other day. It was tasty :D

we can't get 'real' kobe in the US... only imitations. kobe process is not up to usda regulations i guess.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:31:05 »
When the only 20-something girls I can rarely get attention from anymore are 29.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:34:23 »

I like NPR because it's soothing while driving, keeps me up to date with local and national news and lets me explore new music. I love when they play folk on Sundays
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 07:51:06 »
Here it is:

Today is my 61st birthday!

PS -

My local NPR station is about all I ever listen to in the car, and that has been true for about the last half of my life.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 08:43:32 »
Here it is:

PS -

My local NPR station is about all I ever listen to in the car, and that has been true for about the last half of my life.

Happy birthday fohat.digs!!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 09:57:39 »
Here it is:

PS -

Happy Birthday fohat!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 15:48:08 »
Happy Birthday from me too. It's great for us younger GH'ers to be able to glean wisdom from your mature perspective.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 18:35:43 »
Fohat.digs = Happy Birthday

Now I know exactly how old dirt is. :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 19:50:00 »
Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 19:56:57 »
The saddest thread ever just got a bit happier. Happy birthday fohat.digs

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 21:17:49 »

Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction
Metallica's Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightening, And Justice for All.
U2's Joshua Tree
Van Halen (not Van Hagar)
Bob Marley
John Lennon
Queen
Social Distortion
ACDC
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Higher Ground was made in the 80's)
Black Sabbath Born Again (War pigs), Seventh Star (Paranoid)
Ozzy Osbourne
Fleetwood Mac 
Stevie Nicks

All are still in heavy rotation and some Many of these bands are still making hits today (Mick Fleetwood is still amazing on drums!)

Then there are the ones who largely influenced today's music, such as Oingo Boingo, Crowded House, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Devo, Soungarden, Mother Love Bone, Green River. There was also some good Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks solo stuff in there too.

I felt old physically in my 20's, I already had bad tendonitis in my knees.
I mentally felt old when I hired my first employee and had to cover my parents house payments when they were out of work. I went from nearly care free, to having several people relying on me in a very short time.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 23:39:58 »
Here it is:

PS -

Happy birthday! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tufty

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:20:32 »

Indeed. Listening to commercial radio today drives me nuts, but it always did.  Okay, "nostalgia" radio touches the periphery of what I was listening to as a younger adult, but hey.  I'm going grey, my kids are older than some of the guys and girls I work with, and I'm still more punk than anyone I know :)

Offline iri

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:43:07 »
Mick Fleetwood is still amazing on drums!
which is strange bearing in mind how he learned to play.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 10:07:34 »
Vacuum cleaned my computer today.

It wouldn't post

Half an hour later, I realized I didn't put the ram back in...

I didn't think this would be happening to me so soon.   >:D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 11:49:21 »

It wouldn't post

What's really bad is when you call tech support and the first thing they ask is, "Is the power cord plugged into the wall?", and you look over realizing it is not.... ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 11:52:10 »

It wouldn't post

What's really bad is when you call tech support and the first thing they ask is, "Is the power cord plugged into the wall?", and you look over realizing it is not.... ;D

:D That i'm sure I would've picked up... but what threw me today was every thing looked like it was "running"... i just completely forgot I took my ram out while vacuuming the main cpu heatsink...

OH, and Freakin,, i made a huge mistake buying this heatsink.. the fans are so hard to remove for cleaning..   REGRETTTTT....

Thermaltake Frio everyone.. DO NOT BUY....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 16:41:50 »
Hitting on a girl in school today. "You remind me of my dad."  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 17:15:48 »

It wouldn't post

Or worse - that the computer's power cord is plugged in to the power board, but the power board's lead is also plugged into the power board (instead of plugged in to the wall outlet).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 17:30:47 »

It wouldn't post

Or worse - that the computer's power cord is plugged in to the power board, but the power board's lead is also plugged into the power board (instead of plugged in to the wall outlet).

Call Nasa, You've discovered perpetual free energy...

then again.. it actually does work if it were superconducting.