Author Topic: Lbeuol-Scammer  (Read 17360 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Lbeuol-Scammer
« on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 23:18:25 »
Recently, Lbeuol began disputing multiple paypal payments he had authorized over the prior 6 weeks.  After disputing both a group buy and charity donation he paid to me as "unauthorized transactions", he continued to silently browse the forum while ignoring my requests for information as to why he would do that instead of contacting me first.

Also, paypal shut down the account he was using to commit to these items and then fraudulently create claims to receive his money back.

Avoid this...person at all costs when money is involved as he is a grade-f scam artist in my eyes now.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
Re: Lbeuol-Scammer
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 23:39:58 »
Hm, odd. I don't see anything odd with my transaction with him. Will keep an eye out.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 23:50:44 »
Hm, odd. I don't see anything odd with my transaction with him. Will keep an eye out.

At this point, you won't as the account has been deleted.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:11:15 »
Bumping this with a major update... The chargeback just happened to me, as well.

This surely won't be good.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:45:15 »
Bumping this with a major update... The chargeback just happened to me, as well.

This surely won't be good.

Weird

Best of luck to you.  Considering some stuff I think should be kept private until I get the go ahead from who told me, it doesn't surprise me.

Oh wait, he did it to me again after paypal found in my favor once already.  By instituting a chargeback through his CC.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:51:58 by tjcaustin »

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:47:56 »
You can PM it to me, if you'd like. :) I've got my evidence in, now it's all in what Paypal responds with. Sigh.

First set of meebcaps shouldn't have gone this way. :'(

meebcats - my bad music

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:52:35 »
You can PM it to me, if you'd like. :) I've got my evidence in, now it's all in what Paypal responds with. Sigh.

First set of meebcaps shouldn't have gone this way. :'(

Yeah, I'm betting he's being vindictive now.  What the **** ever.

Way to prove me right, lbeuol.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 04:15:46 »
This mother****er hit me with one too. What a dirty bastard. And he got some good deals from me. A real shame... How do I handle this with PayPal? I have PMs and thread posts and such.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 04:30:07 »
Hope everything works out for anyone that had transactions with him. Maybe we should compile a small list of the few scum bags on here.

Offline limmy

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 05:10:57 »
The chargeback happened to me as well.

I replied paypal with a tracking information and a description of the item sold. What is happening???

Offline calavera

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 05:16:45 »
Just out of curiosity, when someone does chargeback on you, do you get notified from paypal?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 05:29:06 »
Yeah, I got an email from them. And they place a hold on funds in your PayPal account. I'm just glad they don't go to withdrawing from your bank right then and there...

In the many years I've had a PayPal account, I've never had one single negative happen until now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:56:07 »
LOL,,, don't blow it out of proportion guys, what $500, you'll get that back from CC no matter what eventually...   you're fine....

that's why Lbeuol's scams work in the first place, because CC is often lenient..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:04:35 »
I wish you guys the best of luck dealing with this. I know there are always two sides to a story hopefully this is not what it seems.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:20:42 by ray4jc »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:09:41 »
I wish you guys the best of luck dealing with this. I know there are always two sides to a story hopefully this is not what it seems.

Wrongful chargebacks?  To multiple sellers via both PayPal and credit card company?  Hard to imagine what else (better) that could be.

FWIW, he was presented with some of the known facts and asked to provide an explanation.  He did not choose to do so.

He has resold some of the items involved, and is apparently better as a seller.

He has a heatware account.  Use it.

- Ron I samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:57:12 »
LOL,,, don't blow it out of proportion guys, what $500, you'll get that back from CC no matter what eventually...   you're fine....

that's why Lbeuol's scams work in the first place, because CC is often lenient..

Dude, shut up. This has nothing to do with CC in the slightest. Quit trying the change the topic.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:10:17 »
He has a heatware account.  Use it.

- Ron I samwisekoi

Since you can't go back and change a positive to a negative, I'm getting in touch with Heatware support to modify my feedback. Hate doing it, but it's better for us all.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:52:30 »

Dude, shut up. This has nothing to do with CC in the slightest. Quit trying the change the topic.

I don't care about how the money gets where or the motivations behind it all..

In the end, you'll all get your money back from the CC... so wtf are you all complaining about... get over it...

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:55:48 »

In the end, you'll all get your money back from the CC... so wtf are you all complaining about... get over it...

Oh, you mean the credit card? That makes more sense. I still am not "getting over it." I put some time into those caps I sold. :( At least my loss is minor (at worst) compared to some others here.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:57:38 »

It isn't the money. It's the principle of the matter. How someone can be such a massive **** is beyond me. Especially when all people do at this place is help. It'd be different if you was in the situation and don't pretend you wouldn't be pissed.

Zzz.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:16:08 »

I still don't think you're getting it.  Lbeuol is the purchaser here, and as long as he is the owner of record on the credit card they will typically side with him.  Paypal will side with whichever means PP is not out any money in the end.

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:13:44 »

Nice to know your time out did absolutely nothing to blunt that imbecilic charm you exude.

All of these are chargebacks from his credit card company, not payments from us to him.  But I don't really care to argue with someone that places no value on money or is being the opposite opinion because lol internet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:16:53 »

Nice to know your time out did absolutely nothing to blunt that imbecilic charm you exude.

All of these are chargebacks from his credit card company, not payments from us to him.  But I don't really care to argue with someone that places no value on money or is being the opposite opinion because lol internet.

IDK wtf you're talking about, but you guys do this every single time...

BLOW IT WAY out of proportion... over a few bucks.

Mod edit: user was warned for this post [trolling]

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:22:57 »
Either way you look at it you do not value money in the same way 99% of the rest of us do.  So when it comes to money, keep your mouth shut.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:25:33 »
IDK wtf you're talking about, but you guys do this every single time...

BLOW IT WAY out of proportion... over a few bucks.

So you're saying I should have just sat back and dealt with it when I got a bull**** $15 charge from Wells Fargo one day, simply because it's only a few bucks? I don't feel it's right for someone to have to lose something due to another's ill intent. Scale be damned, it's the principle of the matter. Now, some people who are involved in this current fiasco are out a very good chunk of change. I, personally, am not. That isn't the point.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:17:49 »
I don't know what's going on anymore, but he emailed me after he said he got out of a hospital for emergency back surgery, and said he had received a sea of angry mail, and his access to GH was locked.  He wanted to know what happened because he could not read it here.  He said he had donated some keyboard stuff for an auction here and also had some ongoing purchases which he now has no access to.  PayPal closed his account due to identity fraud, someone got his info or some such.  Moderators and some angry people were ignoring him.  I personally got 3 things from him, and received everything--no problems.

"I must be the world's worst scammer to do it for $200 when they have $600 dollars of my stuff in their possession. I asked Gon, who's transaction was also flagged and they just held his money for a day and re-released it. Good thing they instantly IP banned me so I can't do anything about it. They can run away with all of my stuff plus the original money, yet somehow I'm the scammer. I even donated $500 dollars of my old keyboard stuff to their fundraiser the week prior to my being in the hospital."

He's been very thorough and considerate with me, so I would give him some benefit of the doubt.  It'd have been better to retain his ability to use the site--at least to send PMs and figure out the situation with each individual he's been involved in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:20:15 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:28:10 »
I don't know what's going on anymore, but he emailed me after he said he got out of a hospital for emergency back surgery, and said he had received a sea of angry mail, and his access to GH was locked.  He wanted to know what happened because he could not read it here.  He said he had donated some keyboard stuff for an auction here and also had some ongoing purchases which he now has no access to.  PayPal closed his account due to identity fraud, someone got his info or some such.  Moderators and some angry people were ignoring him.  I personally got 3 things from him, and received everything--no problems.

"I must be the world's worst scammer to do it for $200 when they have $600 dollars of my stuff in their possession. I asked Gon, who's transaction was also flagged and they just held his money for a day and re-released it. Good thing they instantly IP banned me so I can't do anything about it. They can run away with all of my stuff plus the original money, yet somehow I'm the scammer. I even donated $500 dollars of my old keyboard stuff to their fundraiser the week prior to my being in the hospital."

He's been very thorough and considerate with me, so I would give him some benefit of the doubt.  It'd have been better to retain his ability to use the site--at least to send PMs and figure out the situation with each individual he's been involved in.

Have we not learned from me? The whole thing with daniel? Most of the time it's just mis-communication between a few people. So let's all settle down here and figure this out.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:33:45 »
I did try to send him a PM, but I think that whole account locked thing prevented me from doing so here.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:34:05 »
There is still the matter of the disputed payments.  I haven't been following this situation in detail, but it still seems a bit fishy even given this explanation.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:36:35 »
Can payments be disputed or frozen by PayPal in case of a locked down account in an identity fraud investigation?  Also would still be good to get Lbeuol in touch with people he owes money to / people who owe him stuff, because removing his ability to communicate is probably not helping the situation.

I think the point is: no one really knows, and there's a lot of speculation.  The truth may be obscured, and perhaps the man himself could help clear it up now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:40:04 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:40:15 »
Yeah, guys, please unlock his account so that we can contact him by PM.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:13:27 »
Lbeuol was banned as a protective measure because it seemed clear he was scamming members.  The mod team is discussing the situation and considering whether or not to unban him.  As I said above there are still unanswered questions.

In the meantime, those who have unresolved transactions should contact him via email.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:16:45 »
i havent chimed in to this thread because everyone has their own experiences, but i have dealt with him and everything went fine, to me he was always a good guy, i really hope all this is just a terrible misunderstanding and the ban and the lack of communication has probably compounded and made it worse, whatever the case, i think it is only fair to hear all sides before people who arent involved start hopping on as well, i have sent him an email today, offering to post any response he has to all this

either way

i hope this is all a misunderstanding and all gets worked out for everyone, and if not, i hope everyone gets their say
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:03:20 »
I'm not in this at all with products, money, or time. But I AM in it as far a GH is concerned.

I play the supportive role because its what we do. But, if it looks like a scam, feels like a scam, the results are scammy....it's probably a scam, unfortunately. Perhaps he'll resurface with a vengeance, show some hospital pics, and show screenshots/email forwards of his actions to correct the problem with the various money institutions. Along with a detailed group email explanation/apology to at least one person here that can distribute it. Time will tell, personal misfortune DOES happen. I know this, I almost totally and completely failed in everything last year. Living with a backpack was a consideration.

Although I truly feel Toilet Paper 4 Tissue is acting out like a douche, he does make one point I am in agreement with. The "principle" trumps the money. Your entire life will be spent making, spending, finding and losing money. It happens. Factor losses in, because they will happen.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 01:44:41 »
On Sunday June 16th was the beginning of this incident this is when we found out there was issue with this member (Lbeuol) with a few other users fabsspeed as well as tjcaustin, due to the nature of this issue we tried to get more info as soon as we can to try to protect our members

Our admin team sent off an email to Lbeuol questioning this incident but there was no reply, 3 days later the PayPal account was closed off which during this time it still showed Lbeuol was logged in (unsure if it was just tapatalk) but to ensure the protection of our members we have decided to banned him from the forum

We did not come to this decision recklessly seeing as all the information we have gotten has lead us to believe that this is the result of a scam attempt. _If_ we did not act accordingly more members could have lost money and/or merchandise and that is not what we want in our classified environment.

As hashbaz has noted we are in discussion to how to proceed with this now, but we do suggest in the meantime to contact him via his email.
Keyboardless

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 06:01:55 »
Based on the context and wording of the quote Photoelectric posted, it seems he's angry with everyone as a whole, and that's just wrong. I had nothing to do with banning him, I never took his $600 items. I sold him items for cheap, and always treated him fairly and nicely. So exacting vengeance on a community for a problem you had with one or two of that community is just wrong. I sent an email; still remains to be seen whether I receive a response.

Offline metafour

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 13:05:13 »
Under what circumstances will a similar path be followed by the mods with regards to The Profosist?

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 13:38:17 »
Under what circumstances will a similar path be followed by the mods with regards to The Profosist?

I find that post highly relevant to your personal text.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:14:27 »

That is a separate topic that I don't want to get into here.  The mod team is aware of the situation and is discussing what we think is best for the community.  If you have special concerns or information, feel free to PM tsangan or me.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:20:14 »
In cases like this, wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to publicly 'flag' peoples accounts rather than an out right ban.
If it's simply a miss understanding then the flagged account can respond and help deal with the problems, in the mean time people can see on his profile/avatar (what ever) that there is a serious problem with his account and that trading/selling/etc with him isn't advised until he's unflagged. Or if they are scamming then there accounts are banned.

Like I can see how and why things like this could happen due to the nature of emails and people selling and trading from other sides of the planet and you have no real contact with that person.

-by flagging I mean, putting something like a red 'X' over there avatar or putting a line through there username or something and a msg under there avatar (or above like the cool kids do) saying there account has been flagged for possible fraud or something

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 02:40:38 »
I just got hit with the same bull**** from this *******!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2013, 02:43:29 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline calavera

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 02:46:26 »
Man, instead of just downright dropping the ban hammer on these scammers, there should be a list sticky'd somewhere so everyone can see.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 02:49:49 »
What makes me mad is this was from groupbuy that was paid way before any of this so I had no way of knowing they were a scamming trash. As mad as I am that someone does this, I am even more mad that paypal allows this kind of thing. Obviously it is not valid when there was weeks before the goods were sent that they could have made a dispute if it really was not authorized... it just blows my mind.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2013, 03:12:15 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:07:40 »
So I emailed and everything, and no response. I would almost guarantee its pretty much spite now, because now he's going after smaller transactions. When I had my sale, I was putting things up in intervals, and when people bought them, the shipping was combined. This guy made three separate payments to me, but went for the biggest first. Just got hit with the other two. After how many days? I'm pretty sure if you're claiming fraud, you're going to try to figure that out within the first day or so...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:36:15 »
Man, instead of just downright dropping the ban hammer on these scammers, there should be a list sticky'd somewhere so everyone can see.

Maybe with names and addresses? I'd hate to dox someone, but this is getting out of hand
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:42:03 by The_Beast »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline calavera

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:37:32 »
Names, addresses, aliases, most importantly paypal id...etc. Everything to prevent future scams.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 10:11:49 »
In no way defending him, but he did say he was going into another surgery.  So not sure if perhaps he's just not back yet?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 11:48:12 »
In no way defending him, but he did say he was going into another surgery.  So not sure if perhaps he's just not back yet?

He managed to file complaints with PayPal...
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 14:32:20 »
What makes me mad is this was from groupbuy that was paid way before any of this so I had no way of knowing they were a scamming trash. As mad as I am that someone does this, I am even more mad that paypal allows this kind of thing. Obviously it is not valid when there was weeks before the goods were sent that they could have made a dispute if it really was not authorized... it just blows my mind.

He actually won the dispute and paypal withdrew money from you? Did you already shipped his stuff before this happened?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 14:46:20 »
If you have money in your account, they place a hold on it. I'm just glad mine was empty, so they marked it as overdrawn.