Author Topic: Style (Clothing and such) Thread!  (Read 4764 times)

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
Style (Clothing and such) Thread!
« on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:25:50 »
I don't know if a thread already exists, but just interested in everyone's style!

Personally, I go for that classy professional look especially when cause I want to get used to looking right for as a teacher. Mostly J. Crew and Brooks Brothers with button-down shirts tucked into chinos with desert boots or oxfords...sometimes with a tie.

When I do desire to dress down, I get inspired by my brother who is a fashion merchandising major and he wears a lot of Black Scale and Atrium NYC clothing. Thus, I sometimes wear the all black with some Patricia Fields products and wear band shirts, jeans, shorts, Chuck Taylors, and a snapback (not a collector...I only settle for unique ones such as Black Scale or a Patricia Field's "Vogue" hat).

I sport a clean side part with a clean shape up.

May post pictures in the future.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Style (Clothing and such) Thread!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:36:36 »
I don't care all that much what I wear. I'm not one for fashion.. I just want to be comfortable and not look a complete mess.

I pretty much always wear Levi 501s, Nike high tops, a tshirt and a hoodie if it's cold.

I've been wearing Levis because my dad can get them quite cheap and the cut is great. Recently I picked up an old second hand pair that were in really good shape. God, the cut is so, so much better on the second hand ones than their new ones..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:38:14 »

only way to dress, nahmean son
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:41:46 »
Almost anything comfortable and practical.

Preferably black.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:45:45 »
Basically, what you need for good looking ANYTHING on MALE clothing is  waist to shoulder ratio..

For a dramatic V look, You need 1 to 0.6  ratio

1 shoulder, 0.6 waist.

If you have these measurements,  ANY clothing that is form fitting will look good on you.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:48:04 »

Preferably black.

Black, so you can really soak up that Australian sun :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:49:30 »
Pants are super hot so I usually wear shorts unless it's snowing.  I wear socks and shoes (orange or red, but on the "dull"er side and not bright and flashy).  I wear shirts - either band t-shirts, t-shirts from organizations at school, etc (haven't bought a t-shirt in a store for years).  I also wear collared shirts sometimes - usually black, grey, striped, or flannel.  Also sometimes polos, but mostly at work since they're short sleeved and it's really hot there.

Sometimes I'll dress up and wear black pants with a nice shirt and tie.  I prefer single color ties, I think it's classy but not overdone.

I have such little choice being so tall that if I find something that fits that's usually what I have to wear.  I cannot be "fashionable", it is not an option.  Zero "fashionable" brands would carry my size.  That said, I don't think I would if I could.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:58:20 »

Preferably black.

I'm a pasty indoor type who sunburns easily.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 22:58:36 »

Preferably black.

I'm a pasty indoor type who sunburns easily.

So Irish?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 23:14:21 »
Show Image

dope
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 23:47:46 »
i just got this old motorola hat. it's pretty hard to look at in person.

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 23:48:03 »
| double post |
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 23:52:42 »
| double post |

Just because that hat!

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:08:24 »
I mostly wear tie dyed tank tops and ridiculous sunglasses. The shades are in the first post of "faces of geekhack" and I'll post the tank tops soon.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:54:03 »
Old&New high tops - the only item of clothing I really care too much about.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:58:07 »
Straight or skinny jeans with flats, plus a knit tee or fancier knit top. Skirts and dresses only rarely. Love my bright red Minnetonka mocs. :)

p.s. I am a girl because otherwise this is confusing.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:12:50 »
Straight or skinny jeans with flats, plus a knit tee or fancier knit top. Skirts and dresses only rarely. Love my bright red Minnetonka mocs. :)

Not necessarily - we have some strange members around here ;)

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:32:24 »
Not necessarily - we have some strange members around here ;)

Quit judging me.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline elton5354

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:37:37 »

Cool, where are you from?

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:42:37 »
I'm boring, I always wear the same style of clothes...

Warm seasons: Straight blue jeans + Black or Grey T-Shirt + White casual sport shoes
Cold seasons:  Straight blue jeans + Black hoodie / hooded jacket + Black hiking boots
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:45:51 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 03:26:02 »
Preferably black.
in 'straya!

Pants are super hot so I usually wear shorts unless it's snowing.
in wisconsin / minnesota!

I am a girl
pics here or didn't happen.

because otherwise this is confusing.
oh noes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 03:42:56 »
Shorts, mainly the athletic flammable ones.
t-shirts, mainly screenprinted
socks of all colors
Shoes (mainly nike right now) of all colors

Sometimes I match.  Many times I don't come close.  Other times I glow a florescent green.  Those at keycon will see that.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:08:50 »
I usually have some high low mix on, like today some Versace jeans a Crystal Castles tshirt and just Cavalli loafers. Always all my clothes fit right for me, I hate sloppy looking.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:22:02 »
Show Image

seems legit.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:38:11 »
Show Image

I'm all about the rubber domes, you're right Photekq. :P

My style?

- Top: T-shirts - Band or Nerd stuff (Geekhack, TeamLiquid, SC2) and Hoodies, I love hoodies. When it's cold, Carthartt jackets.
- Bottom: Shorts or jeans, really like Levi's
- Shoes: Skate shoes like Etnies or DCs

Unfortunately I have to wear polos and other nonsense to work. I try to dress down as much as I can though.

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:55:09 »
Show Image

I'm all about the rubber domes, you're right Photekq. :P

My style?

- Top: T-shirts - Band or Nerd stuff (Geekhack, TeamLiquid, SC2) and Hoodies, I love hoodies. When it's cold, Carthartt jackets.
- Bottom: Shorts or jeans, really like Levi's
- Shoes: Skate shoes like Etnies or DCs

Unfortunately I have to wear polos and other nonsense to work. I try to dress down as much as I can though.
Oh poor you!
In the UK you have to wear a suit to school..
-_-
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:55:50 »
Sucks for you son  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:58:22 »
Sucks for you son
Come on son.
I actually don't mind it as much as I should. lol
I will most likely wear suit all my life so I'm already getting used to this now.
God saying that makes me sad, I miss going to school in sweatpants.
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 06:59:46 »
lol Rowdy are you me?

Wear just about the same thing all year round, shorts come out in the heat of summer and the flanno in winter but not much else changes.

Black jeans
Some form of tour shirt (black)
Skate shoes
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:02:10 »
Show Image

oh man, you really dont want me to bust out my hightop collection, it dwarfs my keyboard collection
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:02:45 »
Come on son.
I will most likely wear suit all my life so I'm already getting used to this now.

Really sucks for you son :P

I've never worn a suit to work and I don't plan on starting to :D

Show Image

oh man, you really dont want me to bust out my hightop collection, it dwarfs my keyboard collection

Yes I do. And then post up in the GH Shoe thread!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:05:16 »
Yeah I wore a suit for a couple of years to work and have no urge to do it ever again. Can't wait till I start programming for a living, jeans and t-shirts all the way  ;D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:05:27 »
Come on son.

Really sucks for you son :P

I've never worn a suit to work and I don't plan on starting to :D

Show Image

Yes I do. And then post up in the GH Shoe thread!
We've got a shoe thread. Sigh. Time to post them J's.
Btw thank god you don't have to wear a suit every day.
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:10:34 »
GH Shoe Thread

Get your hardest ninjas, they ain't poppin like this.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:11:54 »
Most days I wear my work clothes.

At home it's a t-shirt and 'basketball' shorts.

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:14:35 »
GH Shoe Thread

Wut
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:15:43 »
GH Shoe Thread

Wut

Do you even Dipset? (Just song lyrics son)

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:18:12 »
GH Shoe Thread

Wut

Do you even Dipset? (Just song lyrics son)
Son I have no idea what you are referring to.
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:24:22 »

I've gotten used to pants lately because I have to wear them for work, so I'm fitting in a little better with everyone else.  I used to be that one awkward guy who would wear shorts in winter and everyone would judge them.  Now I don't pack the pants up until the snow melts, which of course this past year was April.

Offline bear95

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:45:26 »
Always wear
Collared shirt(single color or striped)
Brown shorts(with bunch of pockets and usually bunch of strings hanging)
Cloth belt
Sandals

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 07:50:28 »

Sandals
Jesus, is that you?
Just joking :P
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline bear95

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 08:49:26 »

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 11:08:53 »
Preferably black.
in 'straya!

I am a girl
pics here or didn't happen.

because otherwise this is confusing.
oh noes.

what if she's fat...

No worries, turns out I'm not fat. Red shoes also pictured.

Offline iri

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 01:22:31 »
i used to wear some quicksilver clothes back in the days

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury