Author Topic: What are your other major hobbies/interests besides keyboards?  (Read 9534 times)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
What are your other major hobbies/interests besides keyboards?
« on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:20:14 »
I know that there are a lot of people on Geekhack that have pretty cool other hobbies and interests outside of keyboards. There are people here who do rock-climbing, long distance running, we have cable makers, woodworkers, American Football players, gamers, photographers and so forth. Every once in a while we get a glimpse of it, and I thought it would be nice to share. Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you are enthusiastic about other than keyboards?

For me, one major hobby and interest I have has to be bikes and cycling. I have various (road) bikes ranging from new carbon bikes to 30 year old steel frame bikes. Both cycling as a sport, the collection of bikes, and the repair and maintenance of bikes is a major hobby for me that started over a decade ago.

Another thing that you could say is a major interest are traditional Japanese tattoos. One of my friends was obsessed with them, and he passed away before he could ever get one. He would always talk about it. In a way, I feel like I inherited his obsession with these style tattoos. I have not yet gotten even one, since I wanted to wait a few years to make sure it was something I really wanted and to save money to get it done by a well-known artist. Over the next three years, I am planning to do shoulders and chest, and my entire back in one piece. Though I want nothing to be visible when I am dressed. In terms of both the cost and commitment, I think this probably ranks as one of my major interests.

Other things I am into are more related to the work I do, but it is not as colorful or interesting. Though in general math is another thing I like to do. I have a background in math and statistics but am now applying those things in econometric analysis to teach and do research at the University I work at. Though I am much less interested in economics specifically.

So what are your interests/ hobbies?
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:41:22 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What are your other major hobbies/interests besides keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:23:45 »
Collecting ****. See my thread in media.

Other than that... eSports and gaming I guess. Competitive MTG... yeah just like collecting stuff and competition.

Oh and how can I forget Evangelion
I love Elzy

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:27:40 »
Wood working and gaming mainly.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Sai

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:31:41 »
i used to collect Gundam, One Piece, and anime figures but i gave up on that due to limited space in my room and the amount of time it took me to build one complete gundam. =.=

Now, i am basically playing dota 2 and reading manga when i am not on GH.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:33:53 »
PC modding and water cooling
My work can be seen here : http://rog.asus.com/228272013/labels/pc-mods/project-phenomenon-by-hanshen-oe/

also:
Photography and Troopers figure collection
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline danny

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:47:06 »
My work can be seen here : http://rog.asus.com/228272013/labels/pc-mods/project-phenomenon-by-hanshen-oe/

Wow, that PC looks incredibly awesome! I have never seen such a nice water cooling! How much did you need to build yourself?

I, for my part, like to program (still searching for an OSS project that really fits me) and I do Ropeskipping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:49:42 by danny »
WASD v2 TKL Blue

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:50:59 »

Wow, that PC looks incredibly awesome! I have never seen such a nice water cooling! How much did you need to build yourself.

I for my part like to program (still searching for an OSS project that really fits me) and I do Ropeskipping.
I have no idea unfortunately, I kept upgrading to that level
until the keyboard world struck me...
honestly keyboard addiction is as bad as pc modding/water cooling

but YOLO!
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 03:04:51 »
I do Star Wars prop replica building/collecting and costuming/cosplaying. I like to describe prop replica building as "model building in 1:1 scale".
I joined "the bad guys doing good", the 501st Legion recently, with a very simple "crewman" costume, but I have been costuming as "good guys" since 2002. I have done Jedi, Rebel officer, X-wing pilot and Rebel Snowspeeder pilot,  travelled around and cosplayed to collect money for charities.

The "blaster" gun was hand-built by me last year, made to resemble the original props from Empire Strikes Back, including the bland paint job. Some parts on it were recast by me from vintage model kits. Big parts are from a readily available toy. Yet other parts were scratch built in styrene, from blueprints of an actual machine gun.
I took this picture back in July after I had finished the gauntlet gloves for the crewman costume. It was used for my admission into the 501st.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 03:23:55 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 03:12:56 »
Headphone stuff is about the only other thing I focus on.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 03:31:24 »
My other main hobby is cross country mountain biking. I've done a couple of 24 hour races (not solo) and some other enduro races. Unfortunately I haven't ridden much in the last few years since I had some health issues. I'd like to get back into it though... Maybe I'll go for a ride this weekend.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:02:18 »
A hobby is something you enjoy yeah? Then scheduling, budget and project management, game design, and script writing. I love my jobs. If you mean extracurricular, then writing, cooking, gaming, and drinking (is drinking a hobby?)

Offline pasph

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:11:01 »
Life, pretty time consuming hobby
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:15:04 »
A hobby is something you enjoy yeah? Then scheduling, budget and project management, game design, and script writing. I love my jobs. If you mean extracurricular, then writing, cooking, gaming, and drinking (is drinking a hobby?)

Yeah , I realized hobby is too restrictive, since a lot of people do cool things they are into as their work. Just because you are a diving instructor does not mean teaching people how to dive can not be one of your passions. This is why I edited later to say hobby/interests instead of just hobbies.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:16:48 »
My main hobby is music. Writing, Recording and sometimes performing. I took Audio Production and Sound Engineering in collage at Metal Works studios in Mississauga and got to meet some fantastic (and some famous) people there. Got to work with some equipment that others can only dream of such as SSL and Neve consoles and some microphones and rack equipment  that would literally put most of us into debt for life. I was also lucky enough to have Tim Oxford (drummer for the Arkells) help me and my group out for a project where he played drums for a cover of the Sublime song Santeria. He brought this really nice drum kit that he got from Jeremy Taggart (Our Lady Peace) which I got to mic, play and record Tim on in this studio pictured below.
This other picture with the piano was the live room of a different studio at metal works
The studios are owned by Gil Moore (Drummer from Triumph) whom I saw on a daily basis. Attending this institute was an amazing experience I won't soon forget. I currently have my own home studio that I'm running out of room in that I've posted in other threads but here it is again.
I have since added a few guitars to the wall but still have no room for the other three downstairs.....
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:19:00 by YoungMichael88 »
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:35:12 »
Music. Lots of violin and piano. Gotta love that Beethoven!

Other than that, I do 3d animation. I've done a little bit freelance, but not a lot.

Competitive MTG... yeah just like collecting stuff and competition.

Sweet. What's your favorite deck type?

I don't play much anymore, but back in the Zendikar block, I played quite a lot.

I loved my G/W aura deck. If I got a good start, I could get an 8/12 with vigilance and first strike on turn 5. Not the best, but I generally won. I never played competitive though. My brother has played semi-competitive in some local tourneys. He plays W/U control. So irritating to play against.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:40:09 »
Gaming. I have like 700 hours on TF2, ~3k on minecraft (since stopped playing), 500ish on GW2, and about 200 combined on DotA 2 (2 accounts, will stop counting the second one after a while).

I've also been pretty into skullgirls recently. Put about 20 hours into it in the past week or 2.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:40:16 »
Gaming and working out (lifting/running)
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:41:39 »
Other than the wife and kids, geekhack is my current hobby, for now anyways......

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:42:17 »
head-fi(a lot more lethal to my wallet than this place). moba's(time flies). mmorpg's(dat grind).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:43:59 »
Gaming and working out (lifting/running)

This is me before every workout session..

I always go through with it, but, yea,

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:44:05 »
PC Modding and building
Car modding and building
Gaming

and lately, I find myself looking at audiophile quality stuff online at work
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:54:56 »
I'm doing a masters in Tolkien Studies. I think that safely counts as a hobby since i'm also employed in a field that has absolutely nothing to do with academia.

Consequently i also collect lord of the rings legos. and Tolkien books. I've got a bunch of really nice editions.

L5R ccg

ALL MANNER of role playing games. Right now we're doing Numenera to test out the system, but on the side i've also got a completely insane Aberrant d20/Pathfinder mashup going on and 4e. Theres also a Cthulhu game on deck.

And i write. periodically.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline vasouv

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:59:58 »
Although keyboards isn't a hobby for me (still, at least lol), I play electric guitar (heavy metal) and game casually. I guess that's pretty much it :)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:07:48 »
Geekhack and keyboads are my main 'hobby'
I love music and listening to music (not so much making it)
I play a lot of fps games during the summer (not so much during the school year)
I love Lacrosse, it's really popular in the northeast. I also love working out and wrestling.
Lastly, i love cycling and biking. I think i've put maybe 4,500 miles into my road bike in the last two years..very satisfying sport

For me, one major hobby and interest I have has to be bikes and cycling. I have various (road) bikes ranging from new carbon bikes to 30 year old steel frame bikes. Both cycling as a sport, the collection of bikes, and the repair and maintenance of bikes is a major hobby for me that started over a decade ago.

wooo biking

..i also want to get into headphones and such..all i have in onboard audio and a steelseries headset..i want a nice amp and set of heaphones for when i sit down and listen to music

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:12:58 »
Geekhack and keyboads are my main 'hobby'
I love music and listening to music (not so much making it)
I play a lot of fps games during the summer (not so much during the school year)
I love Lacrosse, it's really popular in the northeast. I also love working out and wrestling.
Lastly, i love cycling and biking. I think i've put maybe 4,500 miles into my road bike in the last two years..very satisfying sport

wooo biking

..i also want to get into headphones and such..all i have in onboard audio and a steelseries headset..i want a nice amp and set of heaphones for when i sit down and listen to music

For headphones, amps etc go check out head-fi.org if you aren't already a member there. I went through that phase a little over 10yrs ago!! but they do say, 'sorry about your wallet.' for a reason.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:34:34 »
Competitive MTG...
i wonder if i still have my old cards at my dads house. i used to have the most devastating 40 card type 1 burn deck with a few twists... but the latest series i had in the deck was probably 7th edition. none of those new ugly cards.

i play a lot of music (mostly drums with other people, mostly guitar when i'm alone). i have a 64 ludwig (its either a super classic or a down beat, im not sure) with a tama iron cobra double pedal, 5000/9000 stands, a yamaha 6.5 steel snare with a falam gong head (kevlar baby, i split two remo emperor coated heads THIS YEAR!!). for cymbals, i have giant beats - 24" ride, 20" crash and i just got 15" hats that i will be playing for the first time today. paiste giant beat is one of the few cymbal lines i will buy without playing first... they're that good. as far as guitars, i have a late 80s melody maker 2 and an es335 knockoff, and a small marshall class 5 combo. if i need to play loud i can use my roommate/bandmate's gear - soldano avenger 100 + marshall 900 cab. he also built a 50 watt JCM800 clone that sounds amazing.

other than music stuff i love working on bikes, at least as much as riding them. i have an 80s colnago that i am slowly restoring; it's also my daily ride since my knees are getting a little too worn out for bmx. i recently started working part time at a neighborhood bike shop, the kind of place where people are bringing in cheap and busted bikes. it feels good to do maintenance on regular peoples' bikes -- i think i'd be too stressed if we had dentists coming in with 2013 carbon bikes and Di2 setups.

i also try to play some badminton here and there but it's hard on my knees.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:11:06 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:36:28 »
Competitive MTG...
i wonder if i still have my old cards at my dads house. i used to have the most devastating 40 card type 1 burn deck with a few twists... but the latest series i had in the deck was probably 7th edition. none of those new ugly cards.

I'll give you $10 for a Black lotus if you've got one!
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:37:16 »
Competitive MTG...

wah.. i thought that was banned.. also it's only worth $10 now?

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:38:42 »
Competitive MTG...

Show Image

*facepalm*
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:53:21 »
Competitive MTG...

haha no black lotus but i do have a GIANT juzam djinn somewhere, it's like 8 inches tall. old SCRYE promo i think.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:55:16 »
Competitive MTG...

Show Image

*facepalm*

sry  I outta loop, quit drugs a long time ago 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:03:18 »
  • Heavy music - I go to 10-15 shows a year, I buy a ton of CDs, and I always have music playing.
  • Writing - I've been working on a short story as well as my reviews/writeups here. And I plan on restarting my SC2 blog.
  • Competitive SC2 scene - Used to play more than I do now. I placed third in a 64 man tourney and won $10.
  • Traveling - Going to Pittsburgh, NYC, Albany, and maybe Columbus the rest of this year. Going to Hong Kong and Keycon West next year
  • Reading - I'm really into history, sci-fi, fantasy, and sociology. But I'll pretty much read anything.
  • Lifting and trying to work out
  • Casual gamer - Besdies SC2, I'm really into Retro games as well as RTS games. Really into BL2 and CS:GO at the moment.

And I'm starting to get into photography and audiophile stuff because of GeekHack :P

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:12:35 »
I've tried writing some MLP fanfiction. It wasn't good enough to share.

Biking!

Arduino
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:36:28 »
Competitive gaming / Speed runs
- League of Legends is my current go-to, but I'll watch nearly any tournament/genre (League, DOTA2, MvC3, SC2, some FPS).

Manga
- Always looking for interesting new series.  Prefer completed runs, though, makes things nicer when you aren't waiting for that next chapter to come out.

Anime
- Sort of keep up with currently airing anime, though, I'm starting to fall behind and not really care.

Would like to get into some woodworking/DIY, but few tools/being lazy tends to keep me at bay.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline UniClown

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 14:18:18 »
  • Disc Golf. I am only just beginning to get into the sport, but it is great fun. If you are interested too, check out the official DG thread here
  • Gaming
  • I'm pretty good at ping pong lol

Offline mauri

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 14:21:49 »
football, floorball, motorcycles and gaming :3
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:10:39 »
update on my new hi hats:

holy ****

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:17:09 »
Nowadays it's mostly photography, cooking and gaming. I do dabble in painting and drawing, but not as much as I used to.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:18:11 »
bike
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:39:40 »

holy ****
Got a nice heavy set of zildjian hats on my second drum kit when I was about 16. Forget what model tho but I love em! Cost me soo much $$ back then. I like a nice mix of zildjian and Sabian. I can't choose one or the other. My favorite cymbal tho? The Splash! You?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:47:15 »
I teach programming through groups like Coder Dojo http://coderdojo.com and RailsBridge http://railsbridge.org and play lots of StarCraft 2 and single player console games.

I'm interested in robotics and home automation type stuff but haven't had the chance to act on those interests in a long time.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:47:52 »

holy ****
Got a nice heavy set of zildjian hats on my second drum kit when I was about 16. Forget what model tho but I love em! Cost me soo much $$ back then. I like a nice mix of zildjian and Sabian. I can't choose one or the other. My favorite cymbal tho? The Splash! You?

i own a pair of zildjian new beats but for reasons they are currently unavailable to me. those are the toughest hats i've ever played - not the thickest but i certainly never cracked them; i've gone through a couple tops in the last year and a half but they were both used.
before i bought the giant beats, i actually tried out Meinl's super thick dark hi hats (not sure what they're called but they look disgusting and sound  mean as hell). they were a joy, so much that i kind of zoned out and started doing really fast loud blast beats... too loud. guitar center dude made me tone it down. how the hell am i supposed to know what they sound like under extreme duress?!

unfortunately they were mis-tagged and actually closer in price to the giant beats, and i've never had good paiste (2002 and up) do me wrong, so i decided to go for consistency's sake and get the GBs. zero regrets. they sound so amazing, from tip-to-cymbal, to fully open, and especially when they're a bit closed- they have so much sustain that i barely have to touch them. i love how versatile the Giant Beats are. zildjian and sabian make some great stuff! i had an AAX crash with a beatiful hand-finished bell that sounded good, but i've found that not much of sabian's stuff can keep up with the volume i need.

my favorite cymbal, specifically, is the paiste sound formula hi hats. unbeatable tone, great at all volume levels, and i love that paiste 'glass' sound. more generally, my favorite type of cymbal is a medium-thin LARGE ride, something that sounds good when you crash and wash it, but also has a sharp sounding bell.

if you can, try taking 2 10" spashes and using them as hi-hats. it sounds and plays awesome :D just be careful when you're doing footwork; i've inverted splashes before when playing around with them like that. then again, inverting a splash gives you yet another cool sound... so try it out!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:18:20 »
I'm not an extremely violent or aggressive drummer. I write mostly acoustic indie rock style music and have never cracked a cymbal in my life. I have been neglecting my kit for years now to be honest and only play it to record but I want to get back into it and really work on technical drumming to spice things up a bit and bring a little character into the percussion side of things. Mainly I play guitar and bass and sing but drums were always what I was best at. key word, WAS haha

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:22:07 »
My favorite cymbal: 20" Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride. :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:27:08 »
I have never cracked a cymbal in my life.
how i envy you. in addition to the 2 tops i cracked, i have also cracked a 22" sabian ride and a 24" giant beat in the last year and a half alone. it's hard on cymbals keeping up with 100w tube heads man.
My favorite cymbal: 20" Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride. :D

very nice :) i played a really beautiful special dark K ride a few years ago... someday when i have the room for multiple kits i will probably have a small jazz/bop kit set up with all K cymbals and brush-able heads, but for now i have to go with volume and durability, hence big loud cymbals and drum corps snare heads.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:39:33 »
I still want to get a 6" marching tenor drum and mount it on the side of my snare drum. Crank the crap out of that tom, and wham. Love that popping sound.

Oh yeah, I do music stuff, and I paint/rewire traffic lights.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:53:35 »
I'm going to make a drumming thread so this one can stay on topic.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:56:01 »
It's called Geekhack Percussionists and its up in off topic now

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:59:48 »
jiu jitsu and clacks
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 05:21:12 »
Why should you have other hobbies?  ALL KEYBOARDS, ALL THE TIME!!!
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing