Author Topic: WEED  (Read 23050 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
WEED
« on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:50:37 »
I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY LEGALIZED WEED. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: WEED
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:54:58 »
I predict this will be another mw thread where people will take the bait despite it obviously being a thread about a controversial topic created simply to rile up people.

Unless it gets locked before it goes that far.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:58:18 »
Yes

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:05:32 »
blz it fgts

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:14:40 »
I already got too many weeds in my yard.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:22:58 »
Unfunny joke removed.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:08:48 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:33:15 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:50:36 »
I don't think there's a "HUGE" problem with it.

Though I've never met any "effective" / "highly-motivated" / "productive" individuals that do pot.

I do however know a few that became such individuals once they quit.

I suppose if the person's job does not require a huge amount of responsibility, weed would make zero negative impact on their lives.

There are definitely long term effects to use.  This is usually the case if someone begins very early, before their frontal cortex fully forms.  This isn't to say they can't change back.. it's just a very slow process past a certain age as the brain becomes less malleable.

The brain does not fully form until ~ 25yrs of age. (recent research suggests)

Which is why it's critical that we withhold certain things from children..

I think for responsible adults to "start" smoking, it should be ok... but the increase in lethargy and decrease of productivity should be expected..  As long as this part is provisioned for.. I think as a society we can tolerate another entertainment drug..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 08:18:29 »
(Attachment Link)

But spider man doesn't give a....well you know.  8)

I don't think there's a "HUGE" problem with it.

Though I've never met any "effective" / "highly-motivated" / "productive" individuals that do pot.

I do however know a few that became such individuals once they quit.

I suppose if the person's job does not require a huge amount of responsibility, weed would make zero negative impact on their lives.

There are definitely long term effects to use.  This is usually the case if someone begins very early, before their frontal cortex fully forms.  This isn't to say they can't change back.. it's just a very slow process past a certain age as the brain becomes less malleable.

The brain does not fully form until ~ 25yrs of age. (recent research suggests)

Which is why it's critical that we withhold certain things from children..

I think for responsible adults to "start" smoking, it should be ok... but the increase in lethargy and decrease of productivity should be expected..  As long as this part is provisioned for.. I think as a society we can tolerate another entertainment drug..

The thing is if it is legalized at the state level I would 'assume' companies can still make it illegal for their employees to smoke, especially if they operate heavy machinery and/or operate any sort of transportation etc.

And I now doctors, airline pilots etc already do their jobs while drunk although it's usually frowned upon.

I'm sure after the first school bus crashes killing a few kids (I don't say this lightly having a school aged child.) and the bus driver is found to have been smoking some mary j right before their route it might become an issue.

I wonder if RJ Reynolds has a plan for marketing/growing/distribution of it on a large scale in case it is ever legalized nation wide. What would happen if you put nicotine (which we know they would) in your blunts?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 08:55:40 »

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 09:55:38 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:08:55 »
It's not frowned upon for a doctor to perform drunk. They can lose their license and in all likelihood get sued for malpractice

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:18:55 »
It's not frowned upon for a doctor to perform drunk. They can lose their license and in all likelihood get sued for malpractice

I was coming from the perspective it probably happens more often that people realize but I agree if something bad were to happen and they were found out they could be sued.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:01:50 »
I post stupid things after I smoke. I tend to be for legalization, though I need to stay away from it or I **** things up.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:14:36 »
I post stupid things after I smoke. I tend to be for legalization, though I need to stay away from it or I **** things up.

at least you're the responsible type that could admit to it.

There are those who chant "it has absolutely zero negative effects"...  same people in the parade...

^^^ that is bad... because they take it a little too lightly...

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:32:09 »
i smoked some weed 20 minutes ago. too bad it was mixed with cigarette tobacco. i ****en hate cigarette tobacco.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:54:48 »

i smoked some weed 20 minutes ago. too bad it was mixed with cigarette tobacco. i ****en hate cigarette tobacco.

I love me some cigarettes! But pure, none of that green stuff mixed in, yuck!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:03:26 »
I personally do not smoke, but am a strong believer in "People can do whatever they want". Frankly, I've met dozens of fine wonderful fellows who are just complete idiots while under the influence. I've always thought that users who argue saying that "weed helps me focus", or "I'm smarter when I'm high", are frankly just too incapacitated to realize that they are just being caught up in some sort of illusion. Yes, weed may help a few people with "focus" but for the most part, I've noticed nothing but downsides to the usage of pot. Legalization, no, decriminalization, maybe.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline mauri

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:12:45 »
I'm not too keen on activities that include me inhaling smoke.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:51:38 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:45:00 »
I've noticed nothing but downsides to the usage of pot

If you choose to completely ignore enjoyment then maybe. There are nothing but downsides to fatty foods, sugary drinks, alcohol (which is worse than weed on almost every front),  and almost all video games by the same standards. I respect your opinion (but still disagree with it) if you think all of these things (and countless others) should be illegal as well.

I don't even smoke anything, but arguments that completely ignore the fact people enjoy something in spite of possible negative effects are silly.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:52:13 »
And I now doctors, airline pilots etc already do their jobs while drunk although it's usually frowned upon.
Doctors are HIGHLY frowned upon being drunk on duty. I used to drug test doctors.

Airline pilots over international waters are not under any law not to drink in the air, although laws regarding it are lax in most countries anyway.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:54:57 »

If you choose to completely ignore enjoyment then maybe. There are nothing but downsides to fatty foods, sugary drinks, alcohol (which is worse than weed on almost every front),  and almost all video games by the same standards. I respect your opinion (but still disagree with it) if you think all of these things (and countless others) should be illegal as well.

I don't even smoke anything, but arguments that completely ignore the fact people enjoy something in spite of possible negative effects are silly.
Of course, enjoyment is a factor, but arguably, there is more risk in inhaling smoke and using hallucinogens, than playing a video game. Plus, if you need to smoke weed to enjoy things, then you should probably find something else.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline mauri

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:56:46 »

Of course, enjoyment is a factor, but arguably, there is more risk in inhaling smoke and using hallucinogens, than playing a video game. Plus, if you need to smoke weed to enjoy things, then you should probably find something else.

Trying to portray doing something to be the same as consuming something seems a bit far-fetched

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:02:41 »

Trying to portray doing something to be the same as consuming something seems a bit far-fetched

Yes, but in context, it was implied that drug usage is alright simply because it's "enjoyable". There are more health concerns with substance abuse than many of the things said. Still, everything must be done in moderation, but drug usage in moderation is still much more hazardous than gaming in excess.

Edit: Feel free to completely disregard any of my posts if you wish to do so. I'm simply stating my opinions, and opinions are just opinions.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:05:19 by dragonxx21 »
Keyboards Owned:

Offline mauri

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:11:57 »

Yes, but in context, it was implied that drug usage is alright simply because it's "enjoyable". There are more health concerns with substance abuse than many of the things said. Still, everything must be done in moderation, but drug usage in moderation is still much more hazardous than gaming in excess.

Beer and cigarettes seem to be socially accepted based solely on the fact they're for enjoyment. Gaming might have psychological effects, not physiological, like a drug does. You simply cannot compare two completely different things

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:12:22 »

I would argue that any excess of weed (I'm talking like Snoop dog 81 blunts a day levels), even smoked rather than vaporized, would be less harmful than somewhat less extreme excesses of alcohol, tobacco (in retail cigarette form anyway), or very fatty foods.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:49:41 »

I would argue that any excess of weed (I'm talking like Snoop dog 81 blunts a day levels), even smoked rather than vaporized, would be less harmful than somewhat less extreme excesses of alcohol, tobacco (in retail cigarette form anyway), or very fatty foods.

Pot is about on par with the health detriment cigarets cause. The same carcinogens that are present in cigaret smoke is present in weed, and about the same level of cell damage to lung tissue is caused by both.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:01:02 »
These are such complex issues.

My libertarian streak says that anybody should be free to do what they want without restriction, but we (most of us) live in a society where we interact with thousands of people every day (how many cars come within inches of you at killing speeds, per minute, multiple times per day?).

While I absolutely agree that anyone has the right to do just about anything in the privacy of his own home, an impaired individual behind a steering wheel is a deadly weapon. And let's be open here, I have driven thousands of miles in cars while stoned on pot (not in recent years, however) but I am not proud of that fact or think that I was right to do it.

We have a deep schism between public and private behavior that is all but impossible to quantify and legislate.

How do you draw lines and say that something is acceptable in this place and time, but unacceptable in that place and time?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:45:05 »
I think that weed is not a good thing, but not that much by itself but more because in the end it's a drug and like many drugs, using for fun is always only a part of it.

When the same drug is used to "forget", then it's not really good. When this drug is the first on a list of drugs someone tries, then it's bad. But same can be said of alcohol in some way.

BUT, I concede that one of the major problem with weed is the illegal part of it, because being illegal, well it means illegal productions and illegal organizations selling it. All of this increase crime and THAT is really bad. So I would be for the legalization, but not because I consider that weed is good, but because I consider that it being illegal and non-controlled is worse.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:47:53 »
We have a deep schism between public and private behavior that is all but impossible to quantify and legislate.

The trouble is that Government (ours) will enforce it's restrictions on everyone here regardless if it's in your own home.

They will use all matter of propaganda to help support their restrictions but it has failed for many years.  Still there is much to gain for the Legislators to keep the humble "Weed" away from us.  Many inherent positives is to perpetually support Law Enforcement Agencies/Business's and Political Support for Candidates that gain seats in Parliament due to this rabid fear-mongering.

The funny thing is that Alcohol Consumption has killed more people on the roads and at work than any amount of so-called illegal drug-consumption.  Yet no one is going to make Alcohol Illegal.  We have this immense stupidity to ignore the White Elephant in the room yet concentrate our hatred towards the use of a single herbal remedy :)

Besides I've met many nasty, violent drunks on a regular basis - that get picked up by Police yet I've never been threatened by anyone using "Weed", besides the Pot-heads are generally nicer than any ordinary person.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:51:10 by Elrick »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 20:25:24 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 20:48:26 »
What pot heads fail to realize, is that loss in productivity is in actuality the same as lost lifespan. Their "useful" lifespan is lost to humanity.

As an individual unit, they may live as long as someone who does not use recreational drug, but their usefulness is reduced...
 ^^^  this is the main issue social planners have been reticent about legalization of marijuana.

social planners do not care if you die... as long as every moment you've lived prior to death has been effectively appropriated in labor..

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 20:52:33 »
What pot heads fail to realize, is that loss in productivity is in actuality the same as lost lifespan. Their "useful" lifespan is lost to humanity.

As an individual unit, they may live as long as someone who does not use recreational drug, but their usefulness is reduced...
 ^^^  this is the main issue social planners have been reticent about legalization of marijuana.

social planners do not care if you die... as long as every moment you've lived prior to death has been effectively appropriated in labor..

so as long as I buy an ergodox I will be okay?
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:04:15 »

so as long as I buy an ergodox I will be okay?

as long as you use ergodox in a neutral or positive way, I agree to whatever is stated.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:25:20 »
as long as you use ergodox in a neutral or positive way, I agree to whatever is stated.
Show Image

And if I should use my ergodox for evil?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:28:15 »
Show Image

And if I should use my ergodox for evil?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:47:50 »
this thread needs more marijuana
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:53:24 »
420blzit
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:54:10 »
YOLO SWAG FOR JESUS BLAZE IT 420

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:55:24 »
DEMIK USED TO HAVE COOL KEYBOARDS THEN HE STARTED TO BLAZE
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 22:03:58 »
and now i have no more keyboards due to my marijuanas addictions but at least my dog now talks to me!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 23:19:47 »
Can I direct everyone to the video that's been chillin on my profile?
I love Elzy

Offline codymaust

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 23:46:58 »
I understand the "lazy" and "decrease in productivity" arguments, but I'm curious what those of you who subscribe to this opinion feel about alcohol usage?

If (when) marijuana is legalized, OF COURSE there will be legislation to follow it to keep abuse down. There will be age restrictions, there will be a legal level of intoxication (this is probably the biggest difficulty)... It would never be legalized without fundamentals such as those. 

You people are acting as though it's legal to drive drunk, or socially acceptable to show up to work under the influence.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 23:56:32 »
I understand the "lazy" and "decrease in productivity" arguments, but I'm curious what those of you who subscribe to this opinion feel about alcohol usage?

If (when) marijuana is legalized, OF COURSE there will be legislation to follow it to keep abuse down. There will be age restrictions, there will be a legal level of intoxication (this is probably the biggest difficulty)... It would never be legalized without fundamentals such as those. 

You people are acting as though it's legal to drive drunk, or socially acceptable to show up to work under the influence.

you can recover from alcohol and work effectively MUCH MORE QUICKLY than marijuana.

With pot, it takes a day or so before you're really "up to working"..

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:00:45 »

you can recover from alcohol and work effectively MUCH MORE QUICKLY than marijuana.

With pot, it takes a day or so before you're really "up to working"..

Depends on the strain you take. There are 2 types: Indica and Sativa. Indica makes you sleepy, and is the common stereotype of marijuana (zoned out or asleep). Sativa gives you an 'up' high. Functional, and aware. It also greatly depends on the persons brain chemistry. Everyone reacts differently to stimuli. Most new strains are a hybrid of the two.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:02:44 by Bro Caps »

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:08:10 »
Chill out guys........

way too many words in this thread
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:09:03 »
MOAR MARIJUANAS

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:09:35 »
Chill out guys........

way too many words in this thread

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:10:40 »
demik and brocaps to the rescue

i love u guys
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)