Author Topic: The Battlefield 4 thread!  (Read 7566 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
The Battlefield 4 thread!
« on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:04:19 »
Looks like the beta battlelog is up and running! Here's all the weapons and gadgets available for the beta (so far):

So, who's excited to get some BF4 beta play time in?

Just go into a server!
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:10:26 by The_Beast »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline mauri

Re: The Battlefield 4 thread!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:15:45 »
how do u get beta? :o preorder?
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:17:23 »
I'm probably just excited for the Beta to see if it confirms my suspicion that BF4 is a patched version of BF3 instead of a brand new game. After logging in about 100 hours into BF3, this thing just magically happened where I completely sucked at the game. Before I got to Colonel, I used to get top 3 in the leaderboards. After I hit Colonel, I couldn't even keep my crosshair on the target. If the Beta for BF4 gives me this same problem, I guess I'll save my money and not preorder the game.

Also, does anyone else find the reload animations to be really boring? I know its a moot point to bring up and I'm gonna get hate for this but COD does have interesting reload animations, or at least more interesting than BF4. I pay attention to reload animations because its the most interesting thing happening to my character (outside of popping into existence from my squadmate's backside), I swear the M40A5 became my best sniper rifle because I liked the way the bolt was cycled after every shot.

Edit: Screenshot looks nice but can you tell us anything about the gunplay?
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:26:25 by darkfire32 »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:33:46 »
I'm probably just excited for the Beta to see if it confirms my suspicion that BF4 is a patched version of BF3 instead of a brand new game. After logging in about 100 hours into BF3, this thing just magically happened where I completely sucked at the game. Before I got to Colonel, I used to get top 3 in the leaderboards. After I hit Colonel, I couldn't even keep my crosshair on the target. If the Beta for BF4 gives me this same problem, I guess I'll save my money and not preorder the game.

Also, does anyone else find the reload animations to be really boring? I know its a moot point to bring up and I'm gonna get hate for this but COD does have interesting reload animations, or at least more interesting than BF4. I pay attention to reload animations because its the most interesting thing happening to my character (outside of popping into existence from my squadmate's backside), I swear the M40A5 became my best sniper rifle because I liked the way the bolt was cycled after every shot.

I just finished my first match, it's pretty fun for a beta. I too think that it's a polished version of BF3, but that's not a bad thing. There is a ton of new stuff and mechanics that BF3 just doesn't have

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:49:37 »

I just finished my first match, it's pretty fun for a beta. I too think that it's a polished version of BF3, but that's not a bad thing. There is a ton of new stuff and mechanics that BF3 just doesn't have

what new mechanics....

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 07:58:35 »

Preorder BF4 or own BF3.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mauri

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 08:01:47 »

Preorder BF4 or own BF3.

Ow sweet I oughta download it then
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 08:43:38 »
BETAAAAAAAA IS ONLINE WH0000000t
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:20:17 »
You download it on xbox marketplace?
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:23:19 »
Got it on PC since I had BF3 Premium on Origin basically...
except my client doesnt seem to want to join games properly... I wonder why =(

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:54:33 »

what new mechanics....

Like the water mechanics, and being able to take someones dogtags while you're swimming.

I don't have the beta yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a polished version of BF3, which is exactly what I wanted. As long as they fixed some of the quirks that game had, it should be great.  Some weapons in BF3 were clearly OP, like the M16A3, so I hope it's more balanced this time around. I got sick of everyone running that damn gun, I've seen people with like 300 stars for it, which is like holding a huge sign above your head which says "I'VE NEVER BEEN LAID BEFORE"

And gun animations aren't that important. Sure it makes for an interesting 2 second visual, but you should be focusing on what's going on around you rather than staring at your magazine. The AEK-971 and AN-94 had a pretty cool animation in BF3, sadly it was also great at getting you killed if you weren't good with timing your reloads.

Anyway, can't wait for this!
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 10:06:35 »
I have been playing beta today. Unfortunately, a lot of people including myself, are having performance issues even on midrange to high-end machines. Currently I can only get about 10-30 FPS on my GTX 760. Lowering graphical settings from high to low seems to barely make a difference. I am using the beta drivers for nvidia cards that is supposed to help with performance in BF3 but it seems to have had no effect.

I guess beta is beta. Which is a little surprising since the game is out in a months (even if the version of the game that we are playing is likely an older one). I will have to wait and see. I am trying to see past the performance issues, and I am pretty happy with what I see from the beta. Still, it is a bummer that the game seems practically unplayable for now.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 10:12:39 »
Well that's a shame. I hope DICE can sort the problems out properly, before the full release.

The initial version of BF3 was pretty bad too, it got patched like 6 times before it was balanced properly and playable. So many glitches, like the ridiculous AUG/Smoke glitch. It took them like a year to properly patch the Metro and Grand Bazaar glitches, too. And I won't even go into the USAS with frag rounds..
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 10:20:09 »
I have been playing beta today. Unfortunately, a lot of people including myself, are having performance issues even on midrange to high-end machines. Currently I can only get about 10-30 FPS on my GTX 760. Lowering graphical settings from high to low seems to barely make a difference. I am using the beta drivers for nvidia cards that is supposed to help with performance in BF3 but it seems to have had no effect.

I guess beta is beta. Which is a little surprising since the game is out in a months (even if the version of the game that we are playing is likely an older one). I will have to wait and see. I am trying to see past the performance issues, and I am pretty happy with what I see from the beta. Still, it is a bummer that the game seems practically unplayable for now.

Yea I can play BF3 quite smoothly on high settings and this one is a bit choppy at the moment... but then again its only first day of beta so I'm sure they will figure out those performance issues via patches

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:16:23 »

I'd go back a few versions on Nvidia drivers. I've heard the 320 release is pretty good for the beta.

Not too sure about Ati stuff

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:18:12 »
ATI is choppy as balls.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:19:44 »

You're not playing it right...

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

I play to WIN,, eye candy is a waste of time,, and most of it get's you killed because it's distracting...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:20:44 »
ATI is choppy as balls.

It delivers frames faster, so theres "technically" less input lag..

Nvidia frame delivery is "smoothed" which means what you see is NOT what's happening.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:21:32 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

I play to WIN,, eye candy is a waste of time,, and most of it get's you killed because it's distracting...
Show Image

For once I agree with tp4

In BF3, I had everything on low except for draw distance and maybe on other setting. Playing on high puts you at a slight disadvantage due to the fog effects. And I'd rather have solid frame rates than it looking pretty.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:22:15 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

Show Image

that is so true... lol when I play SC2 i just play on low/low xD
but then again I play BF games as a more casual player hehe im more of an RTS guy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:26:32 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

Show Image

For once I agree with tp4

In BF3, I had everything on low except for draw distance and maybe on other setting. Playing on high puts you at a slight disadvantage due to the fog effects. And I'd rather have solid frame rates than it looking pretty.

The disadvantage is HUGE.....

if it was something like 10%, you could let it go..

But the difference in FPS is something like 40fps vs 400..

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:28:55 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

Show Image

I did mention specifically that lowering graphical settings from high to low had no effect (neither does changing the resolution by the way).

READ B4 ALL CAPS...

This is very much a beta issue and is not about not choosing the right graphical settings. Like most people , I also prioritize performance. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:40:18 by Grim Fandango »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:45:11 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

Show Image

I did mention specifically that lowering graphical settings from high to low had no effect (neither does changing the resolution by the way).

READ B4 ALL CAPS...

This is very much a beta issue and is not about not choosing the right graphical settings. Like most people , I also prioritize performance. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

LOL....

Use radeon PRO...

There's probably also console stuff that you can do if you do some digging.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:15:40 »
Went to play "Can't play, must download massive 3000GB driver update, **** YOU TYM"

I was sad, although pleased they spelt my name correctly....

Soon my child, soon.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:28:24 »
I fired this up this morning before going to work. Didn't have much time to play, but man it's amazing...

Need to really tweak graphics setting later on

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:40:54 »
Updated my drivers yesterday, gonna start the dl once i get home..

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:45:45 »
I didn't play BF3 but thinking of picking this up.  Conveniently, it's also past time to upgrade my system.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:48:27 »
I didn't play BF3 but thinking of picking this up.  Conveniently, it's also past time to upgrade my system.

4770k,  You have NO CHOICE.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:49:37 »
3570k & 7950, let's see how i hold up on 1080

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:56:56 »
im having no performance issues, but my rig is pretty ridiculous, getting over 150 frames on my 780s with everything turned up

that being said, feels like battlefield 3.01, not loving it so far, but we shall see where it ends up
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:58:52 »
im having no performance issues, but my rig is pretty ridiculous, getting over 150 frames on my 780s with everything turned up

that being said, feels like battlefield 3.01, not loving it so far, but we shall see where it ends up

I know it's over said, but "beta is beta".

The BF3 beta, just wasn't all that good. But the released game was much better. 3+ months with all the patches made the game even better. I kinda expect the same thing to happen with BF4. A rough beta, a rocky start and then patches that make the game great!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 14:12:30 »

TURN EVERYTHING OFFF...

Show Image

READ B4 ALL CAPS...

LOL....

Use radeon PRO...

There's probably also console stuff that you can do if you do some digging.

I hope so. Have not really given it much thought after trying it earlier today. Was kind of hoping that maybe some update would fix the major issues people are experiencing, or perhaps someone would find out how to avoid the performance issues. I play FPS with quite a few people that I still know from my CS 1.6 and Source days, and some of them can play the game well, while others are in the same situation I am in. Noticeable is that the ones who can play the beta well are not the ones with the best specs. Not sure yet what is going on.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 15:15:22 »
There going to be a pay to rank option again? Killed it for me with the DLC packs

I mean there has to be eh? it's EA

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 15:20:30 »
There going to be a pay to rank option again? Killed it for me with the DLC packs

I mean there has to be eh? it's EA

Thats already confirmed dude, first DLC dropping just after xmas I think.

So far, its okay. Glad to have a new game to pay, but 60$ :3 eh...
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:51:38 »
Not really like the SCAR-H for the assault class. But then again, maybe I just like he AK12 since it came with attachments

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:00:12 »
Watched it on twitch earlier. Very jelly indeed.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:05:29 »
Been playing throughout the day, now I keep getting stuck at the loading screen and I haven't been able to play for about an hour now. How aggravating

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:19:02 »
The optimization is absolutely horrendous. I could max BF3 (AA on 2x, otherwise all ultra) with my 570 and i5 2500k and get a steady 45FPS, but I struggle to get the same FPS with everything turned all the way down in BF4.

That being said I'm pleasantly surprised by the game. I was expecting nothing more than a BF3 expansion pack, but it feels quite different.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:22:56 »
I have premium and MoH on xbox, and the normal version of bf3 on pc
no pc beta for me, T_T

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 21:35:00 »
Finally, a game that is colorblind-friendly.

http://imgur.com/a/iBRGY

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 22:45:55 »
Finally, a game that is colorblind-friendly.

http://imgur.com/a/iBRGY

Bf3 had a colorblind option as well as call of duty. However they really stepped up their game in bf4

Offline Sniping

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 22:49:37 »
Grrrrrr...probably won't be able to get decent frames. Running a 6950 2GB but I have a 1440p monitor </3

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 22:53:17 »
Seems like I have access to beta for having medal of honor. Worth a try even if I am not a fan of the series.

Downloading time  :cool:
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 23:58:04 »
Grrrrrr...probably won't be able to get decent frames. Running a 6950 2GB but I have a 1440p monitor </3

You won't. I have 2 6970's and it's really choppy.
Looking for CC's!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 00:21:43 »
Got a GTX 570 and it' running smooth.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 00:27:02 »
I'm running sli 660 ti's and I actually downgraded to 320.49 drivers which helped a ton with the frame rates and tearing

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 01:04:37 »
Not really like the SCAR-H for the assault class. But then again, maybe I just like he AK12 since it came with attachments

I lied, I'm warming  up to it once I started getting unlocks for it.

Also, not really loving the battle packs. I just got my first one and it was 2 attachments and a 25% XP boost. I'd rather just have an unlock tree like in BF3 for weapons.

Edit 2: The M26 mass is a pretty nice shotgun for domination.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2013, 02:33:32 by The_Beast »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 06:37:40 »

I lied, I'm warming  up to it once I started getting unlocks for it.

Also, not really loving the battle packs. I just got my first one and it was 2 attachments and a 25% XP boost. I'd rather just have an unlock tree like in BF3 for weapons.

Edit 2: The M26 mass is a pretty nice shotgun for domination.
The airburst shotty that support has is great for clearing snipers off of roofs.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 12:23:52 »
Playing too. It's running slow on my machine but my video card isn't that great. But im still able to enjoy it.

The grenade throwing is kinda weird. Also not sure if I like the orange glow on the person who killed you.

I'm a BF fanboi so I will buy it.

lgraves

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 17:31:24 »
The optimization is absolutely horrendous. I could max BF3 (AA on 2x, otherwise all ultra) with my 570 and i5 2500k and get a steady 45FPS, but I struggle to get the same FPS with everything turned all the way down in BF4.

That being said I'm pleasantly surprised by the game. I was expecting nothing more than a BF3 expansion pack, but it feels quite different.

Yeah , it is a bit messy. I rolled back my GPU drivers to 320.49 on my GTX 760 and the beta runs a lot better than when using Nvidia's current beta drivers that are supposed to be "essential" for running the battlefield 4 beta. Strange.