Author Topic: Recommend me a good anime  (Read 27258 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Recommend me a good anime
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 22:59:13 »
It's really the flow of the story that's upsetting to me. It'll be a balls out action scene for 2 minutes then an eternity of talking or focusing on something they could've spent a fraction of the time covering. It's difficult for me to get comfortable with the pacing, especially when you can predict exactly what's going to come next. Dragonball Z syndrome.

Do what the PR0s do... read the episode guide on Wiki... scan through for action scenes.  DO the whole series in 40mins..

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 23:04:34 »
A must see:

1- Trigun (funny, good action, great story, watch for a black cat in every episode)
2- Berserk (I agree with Berserkfan though...there is so much left of the story. It's gory, slight nudity, and A LOT of violence)
3- Blue Gender (Good action, gory, good story, gets really slow at times but it's worth it)
4- High school of the Dead (ZOMBIES...if you can get past the fanboy parts, good action, great story, and ZOMBIES)
5- Attack on Titans (One of the best I've seen in a while, great action, good story twists, very entertaining overall)

When you have time/bored:

1- Neon Genesis Evangelion (Original ending SUCKED but the overall story was awesome, watch the original series but skip the last two episodes and move onto the new stuff)
2- Cowboy Bebop (funny, good action, decent story line)
3- Samurai Champloo (another funny one, good martial arts, good story)
4- Gungrave (twisted interesting story, great action, kind of gory)

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:11:02 »
I think the joke goes that the ending of Evangelion was so bad that they had to make multiple movies to try to fix it.
QWERTY(104wpm) -> CarpalxQ(modded) -> Colemak(118wpm) -> Colemak-DH
Mouse less.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 08:03:36 »
Oh, also I'm astonished no-one's mentioned Akira yet. In a thread like this made 10-15 years ago it would have been suggested about a million times by now. I like Akira, and it was the first Japanese animation I ever saw back in the early 90's, but there's other stuff I like better from that era. I think I probably just got caught in the first wave of kids to be exposed to Japanese cartoons outside of Japan (apart from the stealthy outsourced/co-developed ones like Thundercats or Ox Tales). So a lot of my youth was spent at the video store obtaining the first ever exported titles from Manga Entertainment. It seems corny now, but stuff like this blew my mind as a kid.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 14:57:24 »
Finished Titan last night(unless I missed some episodes. 25, right?) and although it's flaws are apparent, it did get much better. A lot less downtime, and much more action. So much so, that they even glazed over a few very key plot points which seemed like a mistake in retrospect to the earlier episodes which spent so much time on things of lesser significance. One of the things that bugs me about anime is the cultural differences in emotive reactions, and I know it shouldn't bother me that much but when a character does something that changes the flow of the story or arc of their character I want to in some part understand where they are coming from, and AoT still has some of that but largely makes up the difference with a very strong militaristic sympathacation(not a word, but you know what I mean) vibe that kinda bugged me on a different level. The entire series seems to heavily push that 'civilians don't understand/sacrifice of the few for the whole' thing and at some points I felt like I was watching a recruitment video.

Much of the predictability in the first half of the series is MIA in the second half and it becomes just one long Red Wedding, which I kinda liked as it had the effect of drawing that small part of my caring about a character out and toyed with it. All in all, I wouldn't call it the masterpiece that so many have claimed. It's not 'good' like Deathnote or Bebop, but it's certainly not bad either. On an anime 1-10 scale of totally stale to groundbreaking and unforgettable I'd put it somewhere around a 7. I look forward to series 2.

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 15:10:48 »
Oh, also I'm astonished no-one's mentioned Akira yet. In a thread like this made 10-15 years ago it would have been suggested about a million times by now. I like Akira, and it was the first Japanese animation I ever saw back in the early 90's, but there's other stuff I like better from that era. I think I probably just got caught in the first wave of kids to be exposed to Japanese cartoons outside of Japan (apart from the stealthy outsourced/co-developed ones like Thundercats or Ox Tales). So a lot of my youth was spent at the video store obtaining the first ever exported titles from Manga Entertainment. It seems corny now, but stuff like this blew my mind as a kid.

I was thinking more of anime-series when I linked my favs. Born in 90 so I didn't really get into anime before I got around 18. Akira was one of the first ones I saw, still amazing in my opinion.

Finished Titan last night(unless I missed some episodes. 25, right?) and although it's flaws are apparent, it did get much better. A lot less downtime, and much more action. So much so, that they even glazed over a few very key plot points which seemed like a mistake in retrospect to the earlier episodes which spent so much time on things of lesser significance. One of the things that bugs me about anime is the cultural differences in emotive reactions, and I know it shouldn't bother me that much but when a character does something that changes the flow of the story or arc of their character I want to in some part understand where they are coming from, and AoT still has some of that but largely makes up the difference with a very strong militaristic sympathacation(not a word, but you know what I mean) vibe that kinda bugged me on a different level. The entire series seems to heavily push that 'civilians don't understand/sacrifice of the few for the whole' thing and at some points I felt like I was watching a recruitment video.

Much of the predictability in the first half of the series is MIA in the second half and it becomes just one long Red Wedding, which I kinda liked as it had the effect of drawing that small part of my caring about a character out and toyed with it. All in all, I wouldn't call it the masterpiece that so many have claimed. It's not 'good' like Deathnote or Bebop, but it's certainly not bad either. On an anime 1-10 scale of totally stale to groundbreaking and unforgettable I'd put it somewhere around a 7. I look forward to series 2.

I'm glad you took the time to watch the other episodes, was going to comment on judging an anime when it is barely started :)

Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:03:32 »
Here's my favorite anime.

INTERNET EXPLORER 6: THE LEGEND.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline calavera

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:14:53 »
I don't really like anime but Cowbow Bebop is an exception. Great series and great music.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:21:24 »
There’s no end of good anime in the world. Only a lack of awareness and time.
I’ve never watched Attack on Titan before. (I read the manga) and it is good. It reminds me of Terra Formers, though. Too many important characters die off damn fast, so you’re left wondering who will actually survive.

I did predict correctly in Attack on Titan that the main character (who was eaten) would come back in a more powerful form. I also predicted that there was something predestined about him not to die early and I was right. But I can't predict whether he will actually survive to the end of the manga. One thing about anime/manga is that it's not bound by Western conventions, so outrageous things happen in the storytelling. I was really annoyed by Cradle of Monsters recently, when the main character was killed off in the second last chapter.

Talking about logic, I just finished Book of Bantorra, and it’s an example of the total lack of logic in many anime series. Pretty decent and interesting, but I won’t recommend.

I would recommend Blade of The Immortal. It’s available in English manga, and spans 30 or so volumes. The artwork deserves to be called art (as opposed to most manga and practically all US comics, which should be called cartooning). Blade of the Immortal is also quite deep in culture despite the sci-fi elements. I have no idea why the anime was panned; the anime is actually pretty good, but the problem is the high standards of the manga made expectations too high for the anime.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline buni

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 22:50:56 »
Mirai nikki
Steins gate
Hunterxhunter
Jormungand
Cowboy bebop
Trigun
Alot of other good ones have been covered in previous  posts so I'll leave it at that
Blue switches are my favorite... I've only tried blue switches...

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:50:27 »
Maybe I missed it but: Rurouni Kenshin

How was this not mentioned so far? Too old?  :D

Offline djmattm

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:15:59 »
Ok here i recommend something really different, as i am a pistonhead:
1. Initial D : awesome, you have to watch it, basically it started the whole drift scene we have now worldwide, it's really detailed, and awesome
2. Wangan Midnight : another car related anime, featuring one of the most beautiful cars ever, the 240z
3. eX-Driver : this is cool because it's set in a future where all the cars are self-piloted, and just few people are allowed to have petrol cars just to save situations where the computers fail, the cars are really awesome, c'mon the Lancia Stratos is an icon
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline Neal

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 02:38:18 »
Toradora
K-on!
NANA
Chihayafuru
Monogatari series
Elfenlied
Mirai Nikki
Haruhi
KIss x sis
FLCL

Can you tell what genres I like?

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 04:11:12 »
shigurui - simply the best.
ninja scroll - obviously.
monster - wasnt bad.

why do people like ninja scroll... I was bored...

It was the first anime I ever saw. I saw it like 20 years ago. It was gory and violent, plus it had swords and naked titties in it. It pretty much checked all the boxes for a good show when i was teen/preteen. I dont honestly remember it all that well, but that I remember it at all 20 years later I think says something for it. I did enjoy the ninja scroll tv series more than the movie though.

Along those same lines though, Akira was hyped a lot back then. Ive tried watching it a few times. I dont know if I ever saw the whole thing. Did any of you guys like that one? It seemed like it was just several hours of some dude with a stupid looking motorcycle screaming "TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 04:38:51 »
Toradora
K-on!
NANA
Chihayafuru
Monogatari series
Elfenlied
Mirai Nikki
Haruhi
KIss x sis
FLCL

Perv Alert !!

Offline Neal

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 04:42:04 »
Toradora
K-on!
NANA
Chihayafuru
Monogatari series
Elfenlied
Mirai Nikki
Haruhi
KIss x sis
FLCL

Perv Alert !!
Show Image

Hey, I could've said something along the lines of To Love-Ru Darkness... and to be fair, Monogatari has its fair share too.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 04:54:58 »
Everyone had different preferences

But personally I really like Full metal alchemist Brotherhood, Anything Ghibli, Attack on titan was kind of ok, love hajime no ippo. Hunter X Hunter, despite its "flaws" and basically being a shounen, is probably my favourite anime of all time.

Other anime that I really enjoyed and are more easily overlooked is Hiraku no go, Gundam wing (I understand why people hate it, yet I still enjoyed it more than any other gundam series), beck, berserk, wolf's rain and trigun.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Neal

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 05:19:36 »
Berserk is really good.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:13:38 »
Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) if you haven't seen the first season already! xD
Gundam 00
initial D
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:43:27 »
ummm....Kill La Kill :P....It is produced by the same people/person who did gurren lagann.

Be warned it is out there and very much filled with fan service, but the action makes it work it.

It is a new series so there is only like 5 episodes.

Darker than Black is a good series, i think two seasons.
.Hack//Sign I have always loved.
hmmm I many others just can't think without my morning tea :)
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:21:08 »
i have attempted to watch a lot of anime. But honestly there is only one series i like:

Ghost in the Shell

pretty much all of it is amazing except the second movie which makes no sense no matter how familiar with the philosophy and characters you are. that movie was lost in translation.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the best tv anime ever made. the second season was good but the major's boobs were too big.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:40:52 »
i have attempted to watch a lot of anime. But honestly there is only one series i like:

Ghost in the Shell

pretty much all of it is amazing except the second movie which makes no sense no matter how familiar with the philosophy and characters you are. that movie was lost in translation.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the best tv anime ever made. the second season was good but the major's boobs were too big.

No no no no... no..., you've missed the point.. they have cyborg/metahuman bodies...  the boobs though aesthetically too big, are probably just housing fuel cells, or capacitors for quick high amperage discharges...

Like when she does a super jump.

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 05:25:51 »
If I can recommend something, it would be:

Full Metal Panic! - motherflippin robots and child soldiers and ecchi as hell
Full Metal Panic! Second Raid (third series, second series Fumoffu was filler only) - the same with more robots and undercover lesbian incest...
Infinite Stratos - harem shounen whatever with MOTHERFLIPPIN' robot suits and BOOBS! No to mention ecchi as F***!
Shingeki No Kyojin - good but not that much, but manga is kind of awesome
Code Geass R1 and R2 - robots, robots, teen boobs and more robots, just an occasional filler, lots of action and robot fights
Highschool of the Dead - motherflippin' awesome, zombies, guns, boobs, boob physics, katanas, ecchi as hell.

MOTHEERFLIPPIN' FAIRY TAIL, MAN!!! Just watch it for God's sake, it is so motheflippin' awesome! Aye Sir! And manga is also good, ecchi as hell...

My question is, are there any good new mecha anime, with good qualit fights, preferably military style like Full Metal Panic!? Otherwise I would watch Gundam 00...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:37:37 »

Full Metal Panic! Second Raid (third series, second series Fumoffu was filler only) - the same with more robots and undercover lesbian incest...
Infinite Stratos - harem shounen whatever with MOTHERFLIPPIN' robot suits and BOOBS! No to mention ecchi as F***!
Code Geass R1 and R2 - robots, robots, teen boobs and more robots, just an occasional filler, lots of action and robot fights
Highschool of the Dead - motherflippin' awesome, zombies, guns, boobs, boob physics, katanas, ecchi as hell.

MOTHEERFLIPPIN' FAIRY TAIL, MAN!!! Just watch it for God's sake, it is so motheflippin' awesome! Aye Sir! And manga is also good, ecchi as hell...

My question is, are there any good new mecha anime, with good qualit fights, preferably military style like Full Metal Panic!? Otherwise I would watch Gundam 00...

^ wow.. you're addicted to anime boobage...

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:43:03 »

Show Image

Throw a stone first, you, who don't admire anime boobs...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:53:20 »

Show Image

Throw a stone first, you, who don't admire anime boobs...

I has not thrown rock..

I make observation...

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:55:56 »
I see what you did there ;) Aye sir!

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:20:01 »

I've heard Gundam Unicorn is good, but have kept away so far because it's being released like Helsing Ultimate was... I really hate the one episode per quarter thing, it drives me mad waiting months for the next episode... When it's almost finished I'll definitely be checking it out though! Also, Gundam 00 was pretty danm sweet, probably my favorite Gundam series so far.

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 11:43:26 »

Horny much? :P
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:10:01 »
I've yet to watch attack on Titan but I'm hooked to their OST. Will watch it during the holidays!
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:36:10 »

I've heard Gundam Unicorn is good, but have kept away so far because it's being released like Helsing Ultimate was... I really hate the one episode per quarter thing, it drives me mad waiting months for the next episode... When it's almost finished I'll definitely be checking it out though! Also, Gundam 00 was pretty danm sweet, probably my favorite Gundam series so far.

I watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn and it was kind of meh. Now I'm considering watching Fairy Tail for the third time...

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:37:20 »

Horny much? :P

No Sir, I just enjoy the great boob physics engine in those new animes ;) As much as the next fellow :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:38:37 »
I've yet to watch attack on Titan but I'm hooked to their OST. Will watch it during the holidays!

I'll be marathon-ing TNG...

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:22:24 »
Initial D is awesome it you're into cars.

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:25:24 »
This is another anime that I would recommend:
Mouse less.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:50:04 »

I'm not into cars and I liked the live action movie.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 23:32:38 »

Ah.... well.. it's good if you know absolutely "nothing" about cars going in...

For example, drifting in the "show" was considered "fast"... drifting in real life, is you've seriously ffff-ed up... and you're probably going to die.. and it also endangers the other race drivers..

While there's no wrong way to drive a car.. the way it's presented in the Initial-D story is VERY WRONG...

The goal in real racing, not "drift championships", is to get form point A and point B the quickest, drifting is absolutely NOT the way that's done..

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 01:56:22 »

For example, drifting in the "show" was considered "fast"... drifting in real life, is you've seriously ffff-ed up... and you're probably going to die.. and it also endangers the other race drivers..

While there's no wrong way to drive a car.. the way it's presented in the Initial-D story is VERY WRONG...

The goal in real racing, not "drift championships", is to get form point A and point B the quickest, drifting is absolutely NOT the way that's done..

That's why I love mecha anime. This kind of anime is the only kind, based on real laws of physics, matter, time and the precise amount of boob physics. :D

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 02:01:10 »

You mean they don't actually collect "Kudos" in "real racing"?  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 02:05:05 »
Show Image

You mean they don't actually collect "Kudos" in "real racing"?  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 02:09:30 »

That's why I love mecha anime. This kind of anime is the only kind, based on real laws of physics, matter, time and the precise amount of boob physics. :D

wellllll..... since most of those animes take place in SPACE... the ultimate size and jiggle capacity may in fact be accurate.

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 02:42:34 »

wellllll..... since most of those animes take place in SPACE... the ultimate size and jiggle capacity may in fact be accurate.

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 02:45:46 »
Well, I guess that creators of Inital-D just wanted to make a show about racing and also make it cool. Without drifting and fast and furious physics there wouldn't be much of bling to get out of this show.

You could also be mad at Code Geass, because the stature of the characters would only be possible with using exoskeletons, not good old spine, ribs and whatnot.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:41:40 »
Well, I guess that creators of Inital-D just wanted to make a show about racing and also make it cool. Without drifting and fast and furious physics there wouldn't be much of bling to get out of this show.

You could also be mad at Code Geass, because the stature of the characters would only be possible with using exoskeletons, not good old spine, ribs and whatnot.

Code Geass doesn't need additional reasons to be mad at it.  It has Ledouche, the most annoying anime character ever conceived.

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:51:28 »
4 pages and no sports?

• Hajime no Ippo
    Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
    Slam Dunk

For sci/fi+action
  • Elfen Lied
    Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (this was mentioned before so I just wanted to repeat it for emphasis... Who doesn't like face robots?!?!?!?)

I would also recommend Berserk, which is my all time favourite manga, not so much as an anime. Read Berserk.
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:59:15 »

Code Geass doesn't need additional reasons to be mad at it.  It has Ledouche, the most annoying anime character ever conceived.

hahahahaha.... le-douche.... i didn't know h8ers have gone that far with the derogatory..   

I don't find him annoying...  is it at all possible that anime fans are just jealous of the character?

I mean.. he's fictionally got all the stuff that anime fans would "want" in real life...

Super intelligence, super good looks, mini-harem of women, he's of royal lineage, he's an underdog among his peers, he's a "victim" of injustice, thus a rebel..

Any one of those facets would fit the fiction fans' prerogative...   in essence... the h8 is generated because ledouche is too over-powered... because he has EVERYTHING... and yet continues to lament and be unhappy...

WHILE the audience would switch places with him in an instance for ANY single of traits he possesses.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:02:27 »
4 pages and no sports?

• Hajime no Ippo
    Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
    Slam Dunk

For sci/fi+action
  • Elfen Lied
    Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (this was mentioned before so I just wanted to repeat it for emphasis... Who doesn't like face robots?!?!?!?)

I would also recommend Berserk, which is my all time favourite manga, not so much as an anime. Read Berserk.

I went back and watched this when I got the b-ray... 

Honestly.. I thought it was pretty good when I watched it as a kid... but... now that I've grown up slightly... the anime just pisses me off...

There really is no depth... it's MOSTLY just fan service...   and the typical illogical behavior of super-powered beings persists.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:17:21 »

hahahahaha.... le-douche.... i didn't know h8ers have gone that far with the derogatory..   

I don't find him annoying...  is it at all possible that anime fans are just jealous of the character?

I mean.. he's fictionally got all the stuff that anime fans would "want" in real life...

Super intelligence, super good looks, mini-harem of women, he's of royal lineage, he's an underdog among his peers, he's a "victim" of injustice, thus a rebel..

Any one of those facets would fit the fiction fans' prerogative...   in essence... the h8 is generated because ledouche is too over-powered... because he has EVERYTHING... and yet continues to lament and be unhappy...

WHILE the audience would switch places with him in an instance for ANY single of traits he possesses.

No, it was his attitude throughout the whole thing.  "You want to play chess with me? Why bother when you know I'll win?".

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:26:40 »

You're right. Which is why R2 is ranked 8 of all time. (Apologize to my profile picture T_T)
Mouse less.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 12:08:21 »

You're right. Which is why R2 is ranked 8 of all time. (Apologize to my profile picture T_T)

Clearly it is ranked 8 out of ? for best ?  in the category of ? by ? since Ledouch is so annoying. Makes perfect sense.