Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 1877034 times)

Offline Kavik

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27350 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 19:40:02 »
I traded an old recliner to my friend for his 4k TV, and, as we were setting the TV on the stand, I moved the power cable out of the way of the TV foot, causing it to fling into the air and one of the prongs to scratch the screen right in the middle. I'm hoping a magic eraser will fix it. That really took the excitement out of receiving it.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27351 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 02:24:40 »
get it as smooth as you can, then apply some very light wax and buff it.  The only problem with this, is it might show a splotch where the wax is.

Acrylic buffing compound sort of works, but it leaves tiny buffing pattern, you shouldn't be able to see this from far away.

Do not use a rotary tool, the vibration / reverb can shatter the glass substrate.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #27352 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 03:13:48 »
When i try i boot my pc and directly load on GH and that the page loads and loads and loads....so i'm like...UGH, my network is slow this morning...so i reboot my router...and try again...but same...then I try another website...and it turns out that GH was down...not my network... >:D
                         ///\\\
CORSAIR K70 - SILENT SWITCHES ///\\\ GMMK - ALIAZ 70G - TAI HAO ABS

Offline iri

« Reply #27353 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 03:50:55 »
When i try i boot my pc and directly load on GH and that the page loads and loads and loads....so i'm like...UGH, my network is slow this morning...so i reboot my router...and try again...but same...then I try another website...and it turns out that GH was down...not my network... >:D
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #27354 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 05:10:39 »
Moved house, possum infestation in the roof of the new place, pest removal guy put one-way doors where they were getting in and blocked the other holes, one possum pissed in the ceiling and it leaked through an exhaust fan onto the second bathroom floor, stinks, now it seems a possum died up there and the house is full of flies and the bathroom floor is covered with maggots.  Still stinks.

It was bad enough having one trying to reside under our last house knocking stuff down in the middle of the night and waking us up, can't imagine the pain of having one in the ceiling cavity.
Also great when they jump from a nearby tree onto your roof and THUMP all the way across into a tree on the other side  :mad:

They used to be  trapped for the fur until they were classified as endangered but are now protected, adapting well to suburbia as well.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27355 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:20:48 »
Unreachable back pimples. We all get 'em from time to time, we just never talk about 'em.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27356 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:10:16 »
Unreachable back pimples. We all get 'em from time to time, we just never talk about 'em.
I scrape them on sharp edged door trim.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline iri

« Reply #27357 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:52:49 »
Start flexing :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27358 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 19:10:21 »

Tp4 has never had a back pimple..

Feeling left out of the human experience. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27359 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 19:12:39 »

Show Image

Eat less veggies, more tasty food.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27360 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 20:22:34 »

Show Image

how can you eat fried chicky and drink beers and never gotten a single back pimple?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27361 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 23:06:08 »

how can you eat fried chicky and drink beers and never gotten a single back pimple?

Never had one on back.

have had some on face when were 14-15..

Offline phinix

« Reply #27362 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 02:45:53 »
eat more spicy food:)
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC|Cooltek UMX1
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27363 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 10:23:48 »
eat more spicy food:)

Recall reading somewhere that people who's skin (react) to spicy foods are actually just mildly allergic to Nightshade category plants. (including tomato/potato)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • AKA Bitba_t. Loves keebs and Quora.
    • My promotion link
« Reply #27364 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 19:44:49 »
Played 6 hours of Arsenal and Restaurant Tycoon 2 and then had to go to a meeting for a robotics tourtament

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27365 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:33:17 »
cam girl problems  :blank:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27366 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:02:17 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27367 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:31:26 »
cam girl problems  :blank:

spicy.

never mod for them, the trouble is not worth the tips

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27368 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:48:33 »
Woke up, guessed it was early as it's dark.  It's not, it's nearly noon!  Why so late?  Because I didn't go to bed at a sensible time because I don't feel any tireder at 'bedtime' than when I wake up, regardless of how much I sleep.  Had my normal 6.5 hours, guess I'm ready for the new day...

Ducky Zero, MX Reds    JD40, Jailhouse Blues           GH60
Soarer controller

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27369 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 09:33:17 »
Tried to swap handlebars on my bike, can't get the shifter to get past half way up the cassette and there's loads of slack in the cable so it shouldn't have moved at all.  Can't get my head round what's going on.  Tried to help a newbie with a keycap question, failed to count to three and gave bad advise.  Quickly corrected myself but not good.

No work next week (no trains, I have leave to use up anyway) but what am I capable of doing?

Ducky Zero, MX Reds    JD40, Jailhouse Blues           GH60
Soarer controller

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27370 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 13:45:17 »
Keep us posted noisy

I asked her out and she said yes  :eek:, but we're gonna wait for when we aren't working crazy long OT weeks and aren't both dead tired. One of the things that attracted me to her in the first place was how hard she is working to get her life/career stabilized, it's so ****ing hot.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27371 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:18:29 »
Got ~6 inches of snow overnight. I guess we're just going to just skip Fall and head straight into Winter.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris

Offline phinix

« Reply #27372 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:50:38 »
Got ~6 inches of snow overnight. I guess we're just going to just skip Fall and head straight into Winter.

You're lucky.

Here in UK all we get is rain... and... brexit...
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC|Cooltek UMX1
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #27373 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:53:06 »
And it's not clear whether we are getting Brexit either

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #27374 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:58:00 »
And it's not clear whether we are getting Brexit either
We are getting, just numpties can't even agree withing UK what they really want...