Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155306 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27750 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 19:03:29 »
I bruised my coccyx sitting at the computer too long like a fat loser piece of ****

They make dat coccyx cushion. with the little cut-out

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27751 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:42:11 »
I bruised my coccyx sitting at the computer too long like a fat loser piece of ****

In my experience, I started having coccyx pain the less fat my butt got, but adjusting my posture helped. Make sure you are sitting on your glutes and not directly on your spine (basically sit with a curve in your lower back so that the weight goes on the buns).
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #27752 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:20:26 »
**** you UPS (the company not the workers)
I love Elzy

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #27753 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:38:55 »
Pretty bother by my job interviews recently. I prepared really hard for a SWE position at a tech company I really like. Had a first round phone interview with them and was told that I didn't fail or pass, so they want to schedule a second round phone interview to see how it goes. I wanted to stall to do more preparing so I replied to them with an availability that's a month out. I now realized a month may be too much. This recruiter usually replies pretty quickly but I haven't heard back from him yet and it's been a whole day. So I'm now kind of stressed.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27754 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 16:10:00 »
Today I was temporarily un-temporary demoted back to my proper job.  That should be a good thing but the work was duller than the job I was doing (which is supposed to be dull but there's always something to do so isn't to me) and it really dragged.  Same again tomorrow?  Who knows!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27755 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 18:10:44 »
Pretty bother by my job interviews recently. I prepared really hard for a SWE position at a tech company I really like. Had a first round phone interview with them and was told that I didn't fail or pass, so they want to schedule a second round phone interview to see how it goes. I wanted to stall to do more preparing so I replied to them with an availability that's a month out. I now realized a month may be too much. This recruiter usually replies pretty quickly but I haven't heard back from him yet and it's been a whole day. So I'm now kind of stressed.

at least they called you back.

Offline iri

« Reply #27756 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 03:23:20 »
A whole DAY lmao

I received a rejection from Spotify HALF A YEAR after I applied!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #27757 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 05:08:27 »
A whole DAY lmao

I received a rejection from Spotify HALF A YEAR after I applied!

I know it sounds stupid but your mind will constantly force you to think about the thing you care about. My job as been unsatisfying lately, which prompts me to think about this stuff more every day. At least I got a new keeb build on the way.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27758 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 09:37:09 »
I know it sounds stupid but your mind will constantly force you to think about the thing you care about. My job as been unsatisfying lately, which prompts me to think about this stuff more every day. At least I got a new keeb build on the way.

Relax, worse comes to worst,  you start a hotdog delivery business. Be your own boss, start dealing Hash on the side, Hotdawgs n' Dr00gs.

Make Bank, get divorced, marry a 22yr old, she spends all your money, another divorce, move into apartment, go to the pawn shop, buy a typewriter,  write your screen play.. Sell screenplay, make a lousy $20 Grand,  Sleeze your way into the film making community. Lie to actresses about getting them parts,

LOTS of stuff you can do..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27759 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 15:51:12 »
Earphones.

For many years I used one pair, went through a cable every year or so until finally the sockets became too loose so they are only usable while sat at home.  I bought a replacement - the socket died within a month.  I bought a replacement - left side went quiet, went back under warranty, came back and went quiet again before dying completely.  I bought another replacement - the cable is ridiculous but I was warned, what I was not warned of was the vent hole in the back which makes them unusable while cycling.  I have another pair I can use as long as it's not raining but they too are vented so wind noise is an issue and this week it seems the left side is dying on them too.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #27760 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 20:18:08 »
Earphones.

For many years I used one pair, went through a cable every year or so until finally the sockets became too loose so they are only usable while sat at home.  I bought a replacement - the socket died within a month.  I bought a replacement - left side went quiet, went back under warranty, came back and went quiet again before dying completely.  I bought another replacement - the cable is ridiculous but I was warned, what I was not warned of was the vent hole in the back which makes them unusable while cycling.  I have another pair I can use as long as it's not raining but they too are vented so wind noise is an issue and this week it seems the left side is dying on them too.

Maybe you should get a new pair now...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27761 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 04:45:39 »
Earphones.

Maybe you should get a new pair now...

Well yes but I don't do cheap earphones, the three replacements cost over $500 (total not each) and were all bought well below RRP.  I'm not made of money!  No reviews ever mention cycling noise (I don't care about cable rub noise which often comes up) and if there is something wrong with my left ear or left channel of (one of?) my players the new set will just die too.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27762 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 12:31:01 »
Decided it was a good idea to swap out the chainrings and sprocket on my bike.  After spending half an hour filing chainring bolts I finally got them tight and refitted the crank only to find the oval ring is slightly too big and rubs the frame.  No problem - I'll just swap out the BB for one a couple of mm wider that I just happen to have in a box.  Other crank didn't want to come off and I stripped the threads so can't get it off.

Option 1 - remove the first crank again and swap the chainring to the outside, knowing this is a compromise as can't fit a trouser guard as planned.  Screw the stripped crank back on and pretend it's all good
Option 2 - order a crappy 3 pack of 3 jaw pullers from Amazon to arrive tomorrow, hope they arrive early enough to get the other crank off and then hope the BB is longer enough.  Risk having to do 1 in a rush anyway
Option 3 - order a crappy 3 pack of 3 jaw pullers plus an even wider BB from Amazon to arrive tomorrow, hope they arrive early enough to use and fit.
Option 4 - order a crappy 3 pack of 3 jaw pullers plus a new set of cranks with a matching BB, hope they arrive early enough to use and fit.

Option 5 - find a bike nearby on ebay, spend money on something I don't really want as I'm not that lucky (I've been looking for a while for some specific things)

Lesson learned - don't do anything during lockdown.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2020, 16:46:06 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27763 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 17:19:56 »
I am never EVER using an otc sleep aid with Doxylamine Succinate ever again. One tiny little pill 45mins before bed ****ed me up hard for over 24hrs. Felt like the walking dead the following day, all day. Brain is still sluggish and hazy from taking it nearly 2 days later. Never again, sticking to Melatonin from now on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27764 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 18:38:03 »
I am never EVER using an otc sleep aid with Doxylamine Succinate ever again. One tiny little pill 45mins before bed ****ed me up hard for over 24hrs. Felt like the walking dead the following day, all day. Brain is still sluggish and hazy from taking it nearly 2 days later. Never again, sticking to Melatonin from now on.

If you have trouble sleeping, have a large dinner right before bed, pass right out.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27765 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 19:09:19 »
This is what tracking should look like:

This is what it looks like today:

I was 200 yards/metres from the sender's door today and will be again tomorrow but due to lockdown they're not allowing collections so instead the package has been driven 175 miles, passing my house about 2 miles away.  Assuming it's the courier who messed up it may well be heading back past me before being driven back along the same road to be delivered in the morning.

At the same time I hope the courier just put it in the wrong pile and its excessive carbon footprint is the worst part rather than me landing up with the hassle of returning someone else's stuff.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27766 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 19:25:38 »
The Post Office does weird stuff.

I used to live in a suburb north of Atlanta and I ordered a small package from a seller in a suburb east of Atlanta (~25 miles). To get to me, it went to Memphis, Tennessee (>400 miles) and back taking almost a week.

In contrast I once sent a keyboard to Alaska (~4000 miles) via "2-3 business day" Priority Mail and it was received by the buyer less than 72 hours after I dropped it off at the PO.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27767 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 19:39:11 »
The above is literally worst case scenario here and I have no doubt that even if it has gone the completely wrong way it will still arrive tomorrow,  probably before lunch.  Anything from anywhere in the extended country (600 miles being pretty much the furthest point in Scotland) can be done in a day but I guess the huge volumes involved in a huge country mean 400 miles takes a week over there, must be very annoying.  Impressive that they can get stuff to Alaska quickly though, can't imagine there are many planes going up there and it's a long drive.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27768 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 20:14:33 »

400 miles takes a week over there

Impressive that they can get stuff to Alaska quickly though

400 miles twice, via truck, and passing through multiple sorting stations both times.

To go to Alaska, it probably went straight onto a plane (main Atlanta regional PO near the airport) and straight off the plane in Alaska.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline jamster

« Reply #27769 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 20:36:16 »
Well yes but I don't do cheap earphones, the three replacements cost over $500 (total not each) and were all bought well below RRP.  I'm not made of money!  No reviews ever mention cycling noise (I don't care about cable rub noise which often comes up) and if there is something wrong with my left ear or left channel of (one of?) my players the new set will just die too.

If you're using earbuds, then http://www.slipstreamz.com/ look dorky but work really well.

Nothing's going to help with wind noise for larger headphones though.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #27770 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 21:12:22 »
why can't people just NOT BE ****TY... how hard is it to just mind your own and do no harm???
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline jamster

« Reply #27771 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 22:03:25 »
...slowly backs out of thread...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27772 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 22:04:07 »
People gathering in large crowded groups during a pandemic is a recipe for disaster. Open oppression, helicopters and patrol units combing over quiet suburban streets for people out after curfew in a peaceful neighborhood. It honestly feels like fiction now, every day is dreamlike.

Offline iri

« Reply #27773 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 03:27:20 »
This is what tracking should look like:
Show Image

This is what it looks like today:
Show Image

I was 200 yards/metres from the sender's door today and will be again tomorrow but due to lockdown they're not allowing collections so instead the package has been driven 175 miles, passing my house about 2 miles away.  Assuming it's the courier who messed up it may well be heading back past me before being driven back along the same road to be delivered in the morning.

At the same time I hope the courier just put it in the wrong pile and its excessive carbon footprint is the worst part rather than me landing up with the hassle of returning someone else's stuff.
At least you live in a nice place!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27774 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 04:37:26 »
...slowly backs out of thread...

Half the 'replies' in this thread have nothing to do with the post above, it's mainly for venting.  That said thanks for the link - cheap enough so definitely worth a try.  Currently using the 'broken connector' pair with the connectors removed, not sure how long they'll last though.  Wearing JVC woodies and a cycling helmet already looks geeky so no worries there!

True, no riots here.  People still have no idea what two metres looks like though.

Realised that my package drove past from the sender to depot before going from depot to depot, then happy to say back to the first depot and is now out for delivery.  And after that update SMS I got a 'dispatched' notification from the sender and with that the delivery van pulls up at my door :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27775 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 06:21:29 »
True, no riots here.  People still have no idea what two metres looks like though.
Sure, why would there be riots, it's England, not USA. And pandemic or not, Exeter is lovely :)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27776 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 06:34:21 »
Sure, why would there be riots, it's England, not USA. And pandemic or not, Exeter is lovely :)
Thought you were comparing to noisy's description of riots, don't think I've never been to Exeter despite it only being about 35 miles away so didn't realise it's extra nice.  It's a city so I assume it has more people than I'd like even if they weren't possibly going to kill me without knowing it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27777 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 10:59:42 »
Thought you were comparing to noisy's description of riots, don't think I've never been to Exeter despite it only being about 35 miles away so didn't realise it's extra nice.  It's a city so I assume it has more people than I'd like even if they weren't possibly going to kill me without knowing it.
As someone who grew up in a city of 12.5 million, I can only lol

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27778 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 20:57:00 »
They apparently don't sell rum raisin ice cream at the grocery store. I searched the entire aisle up and down, is it really THAT unpopular a flavor?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27779 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:26:17 »
They apparently don't sell rum raisin ice cream at the grocery store. I searched the entire aisle up and down, is it really THAT unpopular a flavor?

That sucks, I'd have guessed it was pretty popular.  Maybe too many kids live in your area?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #27780 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 07:04:24 »

That sucks, I'd have guessed it was pretty popular.  Maybe too many kids live in your area?

It's just not a popular flavor. I haven't heard of someone ask for rum raisin in a long time.

I also don't think enough people have tried it to have an opinion on it.

Offline iri

« Reply #27781 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 09:06:33 »
Noisyturtle, move to the UK. Rum and raisin ice cream is everywhere!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27782 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 10:48:09 »
I have never even heard of it.

When I get ice cream it is always some chocolate variant, plain vanilla, or some nut variant. Otherwise I get a citrus sherbet.

The only time I get excited for fruit ice cream is when it is homemade with fresh fruit.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27783 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 11:57:07 »

I had never heard of it until this post, so I'm with tootall - maybe not unpopular, just nonpopular?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27784 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 23:16:16 »
Buy Rollerblades.

Get excited for new hobby.

Practice new hobby.

Get sore hip adductors.

Take a few days off until they aren't sore anymore.

Start practicing again.

Try coming to a stop. Instant intense, sharp groin pain. Have to stop practicing after less than a minute.

Why do I get hurt doing everything? It was just sore muscles at first as expected, and then without warning it turned into what feels like a pulled tendon (athletic pubalgia), which I just recovered from on the other side of my groin after two freaking years. I hope this stops hurting way sooner. I guess I have to put all lower body exercises on hold *again*.

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2020, 21:30:59 by Kavik »
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27785 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 16:54:59 »
My over muscular manly thicc thighs constantly wear out the crotch on all my pants super fast. The exact same spot on all my pants  >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27786 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 18:42:01 »
My over muscular manly thicc thighs constantly wear out the crotch on all my pants super fast. The exact same spot on all my pants  >:D

well you can wear bigger pans, and lower, that way the Thicc parts arn't in the leg part, it's just in the waist part.

Offline iri

« Reply #27787 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 09:02:30 »
Please tell me this is staged.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27788 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 18:35:44 »
My POS Pixel 2 is now 100% completely dead, not able to even power on while directly plugged in or hard reset. Great.

I'm mostly worried about data recovery, not sure how that's done on a device that doesn't power on at all.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27789 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 19:24:56 »
My POS Pixel 2 is now 100% completely dead, not able to even power on while directly plugged in or hard reset. Great.

I'm mostly worried about data recovery, not sure how that's done on a device that doesn't power on at all.

Might have to open it up and bypass the USB connector, it may be broke.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27790 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 03:50:06 »
While it's open you could charge the battery externally and put it back in.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27791 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 21:54:35 »
Photoshop WASTING MY ****ING TIME AGAIN MAKING SIMPLE **** CONVOLUTED FOR NO ****ING REASON

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27792 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:16:38 »
When your little cousin who's 15 years younger than you has gotten laid more in the last few months than you have in the last decade. Haha my life's a ****ing joke.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27793 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:22:05 »
When your little cousin who's 15 years younger than you has gotten laid more in the last few months than you have in the last decade. Haha my life's a ****ing joke.

Rule of 3s

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27794 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 04:01:57 »

If it makes you feel better his monthly tally is probably higher than my lifetime and I'm 19 years legal.  Can't argue about life being a joke but using this as a measure of success is as sensible as fur; humans have evolved past that.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27795 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 18:32:04 »
I ****ing hate when my electronics make 'suggestions' to me. It's not helpful, it doesn't make me want to try a new thing, it just pisses me the **** off.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27796 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 13:39:39 »
Brain's gone again.  Got away with two mistakes that are sackable offenses if I wasn't so lucky, put food on a cold ring on the hob to cook, can't find stuff that's right in front of me and I'm 'tired' but not.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27797 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 14:54:36 »
Brain's gone again.  Got away with two mistakes that are sackable offenses if I wasn't so lucky, put food on a cold ring on the hob to cook, can't find stuff that's right in front of me and I'm 'tired' but not.

Haz user-Sorange tried Tp4's patented RiceBeansCabbage s00per diet?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27798 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 07:08:23 »

Haz user-Sorange tried Tp4's patented RiceBeansCabbage s00per diet?

Show Image

No.  I did forget to charge my music player so hurriedly dug out another as I was leaving, got to the train (crappy weather and gripless shifter :mad:) only to realise my earphones aren't in my pocket so the player is useless anyway!

What's your recipe?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27799 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 08:46:05 »
No.  I did forget to charge my music player so hurriedly dug out another as I was leaving, got to the train (crappy weather and gripless shifter :mad:) only to realise my earphones aren't in my pocket so the player is useless anyway!

What's your recipe?

Dat's the whole recipe.

Cooked Rice, Pressure-Cooked Beans (all kinds of dried), and Boiled Cabbage.

Dash of salt in there.  3 meals a day. Exactly the same.

MENTAL CLARITY ++
FREE TIME ++