Author Topic: Are people too whiny nowadays?  (Read 16843 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Are people too whiny nowadays?
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:00:40 »
I appreciate the sentiment dude, I don't let it get to me in all honesty, It's fine. But thank you for writing what you wrote, I thought it was going to be another bash at me to be honest, but as I read it, I was wow'd a little.

I just assume a lot of the members are children or whatever, but heh, although I may have said some unruly things and was a bit aggressive and what not, the initial thought process behind my rant thread, was exactly that. Obviously with internet forums, your message can be skewed and misinterpreted and that's always a downside to things like this.

A lot of your points I do agree with, the fact that threads are allowed to continue yet I would be subject to being muted and my threads being deleted/locked, but ah well, it is what it is I suppose. Maybe new moderators should be assigned or maybe more stricter rules should be enforced, but hey ho!

Thanks though dude, appreciate it.

I know it's probably real fun to play the victim here, but let's be honest.  You attacked multiple members personally, you sent threatening PMs to at least three members, and you think someone else is at fault?  Also, FYI, you weren't the only person that was warned for that ordeal, so no one's singling you out.

If you'd like to discuss the matter in a calm and civilized manner, please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to explain what happened.

Just, maybe, avoid telling me to "go ****ing hang [my]self" this time, mmkay?  ;)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 09:09:24 »
Can I get in on this whining about people whining?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:34:57 »
I appreciate the sentiment dude, I don't let it get to me in all honesty, It's fine. But thank you for writing what you wrote, I thought it was going to be another bash at me to be honest, but as I read it, I was wow'd a little.

I just assume a lot of the members are children or whatever, but heh, although I may have said some unruly things and was a bit aggressive and what not, the initial thought process behind my rant thread, was exactly that. Obviously with internet forums, your message can be skewed and misinterpreted and that's always a downside to things like this.

A lot of your points I do agree with, the fact that threads are allowed to continue yet I would be subject to being muted and my threads being deleted/locked, but ah well, it is what it is I suppose. Maybe new moderators should be assigned or maybe more stricter rules should be enforced, but hey ho!

Thanks though dude, appreciate it.

I know it's probably real fun to play the victim here, but let's be honest.  You attacked multiple members personally, you sent threatening PMs to at least three members, and you think someone else is at fault?  Also, FYI, you weren't the only person that was warned for that ordeal, so no one's singling you out.

If you'd like to discuss the matter in a calm and civilized manner, please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to explain what happened.

Just, maybe, avoid telling me to "go ****ing hang [my]self" this time, mmkay?  ;)

No one's absolutely in the right Hoff...

Fragi responded how he responded partly due to a history of internet gang violence over the course of several threads.

I hesitate to use the word Victim.. because this is the internet, and being a victim equates to about as much as a paper cut AFK..

My point is...  he has legit reasons to be mad-br0.. paper cuts are itchy and sometimes sting a little.

Couple of closer gh circle types ganged up on him...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 12:13:24 »
tp4tissue, would you shut your ****ing **** mouth when you don't understand the entire scenario? You don't understand ****, as is evident every time you put your fingers to a keyboard.

Let me tell you a story. Sit down, shut up, listen, and learn.

One day, a guy posts on the internet. He says he bid too much money on a keyboard, and was upset that he won and had to pay what he agreed to pay. People disagree with him. In a reasonable manner, mind you. The guy gets upset because people don't agree with him. He responds in a negative and unnecessary manner, belittling those who say he is wrong in the situation.

At this point in time, when you choose to respond in a certain manner, you should expect the same from the people you're talking to. So that's what happened, as you can see in posts after that.

Fast forward in time. He posts again. Once again, people disagree with his views. I, having a high memory retention, remember his past indiscretions, and post a simple, what could be viewed as humorous, remark. His own memory is not so great. So, someone takes it upon them to remind him. That person did nothing but make a simple explanation to his question. He responds negatively to this person, as well as begins to belittle and disregard those who don't agree with him, which you can see throughout that thread. I, being the person I am, don't take kindly to people acting ignorant, or attacking my friends (and I know you'll focus on this little tidbit, so just don't), and decide to try to help the guy, in a manner reflecting his own.

The thread is locked, after he attacks my intelligence. He then proceeds to take it a step further, PMing me and others, threatening them, and saying things that shouldn't be said, even jokingly (though we know they weren't jokes). This thread is created as a response to him. But that's irrelevant, as it evolved into something else entirely and created certain discussion that could be seen as thought provoking.

I created a thread in response to his remarks and attacks against me. The guy got muted, I got warned, and the thread got locked for "personal attacking".

End of story, right? No. You decide to jump in and run your mouth when you have zero idea of what's going on. I know you do it solely for the sake of attention-seeking and arguing for no reason, but there are tons of other threads, so **** off.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 12:46:07 »
can you just shut up and relax for a sec
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 12:51:09 »
Welp, that's enough of this thread...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |