Author Topic: Are people too whiny nowadays?  (Read 16844 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Are people too whiny nowadays?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:06:44 »
(****ty pay) I get it.. 

Uh-huh.

When these folks retire, their pensions will be 70% of their salaries.

Depends on the area, cost of living and a few other factors.

From that list, quite a few of the higher wages have masters. Also have to factor in that everyone on that list (from what I saw) is teaching in Chicago, which I can't image is cheap to live in.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:07:41 »
tp, stfu about stuff you don't know about. Stop arguing for arguments sake.

Take everything tp says with a pound of salt. He's basically a moron with a large vocabulary and narcissistic tendencies...

Only a moron would think himself wise..   I've made no such serious claim ever (only in jest)..  I've always only been a learner.. and that I shall remain.

The hypocrisy and unaccountability that plagues all of mankind is what this thread is about..

and all youS people are Full of it.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:09:20 »
I've done a bit of teaching, mainly specialized skills in BSA, a bit of university seminars, and some other venues. It does seem like as time goes on students expect more and more that the answer or paradigm will be simply given to them, without any effort on their part. It's particularly potent with those born after 1989-90 (sorry if that offends anyone). Many times I've asked a student what they think about a concept, and they reply "I don't know just tell me the answer".  It's worrisome to say the least.

No need to call each other names, maybe it's better if we have a calm, honest discussion about this?

Teachers exist before the birth of the students..

So, if you're a teacher, and you find that a student sucks,  it's the fault of EVERY teacher that student had before you had him..

and those teacher's failures are of the teacher's teacher's failures..

It goes on forever...

UNTIL SOMEONE TODAY...   stops and says OK,  let's go back, let me teach you some basics.. you missed it..

SO FEW teachers are willing to do this.. (****ty pay) I get it..    but come here and whine about students,  you're freaking adults..  do something about it that isn't just you being every bit an entitled Brat as the student you're pointing at..

Looking at you -beast

How can you teacher a student who just doesn't care. The most amazing teacher won't be able to reach that student.

Half of what you're saying is untrue. I'll admit, not all teachers are great, but that can  be said about any profession. HOWEVER, a lot of teachers do reflect on their lesson plans. "hey, this didn't work with my students, what would make it better"

have you asked.. why doesn't that student care...  no one has reached him.. why is that...

You're the type of teacher that's the problem with America..  It's never your fault.. always someone elses.

My point is, it's not relevant to discuss whose fault it is....  what can we DO about the situation at hand..

I know enough about teaching, having gone through primary education with teachers JUST LIKE YOU..

-Dispassionate to say the least

Show Image

Beast.. I respect you as a great member of our KB community.. but your attitude towards students, i find consistent with the unaccountability that I've experienced from nearly ALL my compulsory education teachers with the exception of very few professors.

Grasp for straw more, I'm done. I feel dumb for indulging you in the first place.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:10:54 »
You're the type of teacher that's the problem with America..

Holy crap, can we cut this **** out?  This is just such a terrible conclusion to draw from a single forum post.  You don't even know his teaching style.  All you know is that he doesn't like reading the instructions to the students and would rather have them read for themselves (since they can do that).  And you think that that is the biggest problem with our education system.

I know that you like to argue in sweeping generalizations, and I hope you know the problem with that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:13:26 »
I've done a bit of teaching, mainly specialized skills in BSA, a bit of university seminars, and some other venues. It does seem like as time goes on students expect more and more that the answer or paradigm will be simply given to them, without any effort on their part. It's particularly potent with those born after 1989-90 (sorry if that offends anyone). Many times I've asked a student what they think about a concept, and they reply "I don't know just tell me the answer".  It's worrisome to say the least.

No need to call each other names, maybe it's better if we have a calm, honest discussion about this?

Teachers exist before the birth of the students..

So, if you're a teacher, and you find that a student sucks,  it's the fault of EVERY teacher that student had before you had him..

and those teacher's failures are of the teacher's teacher's failures..

It goes on forever...

UNTIL SOMEONE TODAY...   stops and says OK,  let's go back, let me teach you some basics.. you missed it..

SO FEW teachers are willing to do this.. (****ty pay) I get it..    but come here and whine about students,  you're freaking adults..  do something about it that isn't just you being every bit an entitled Brat as the student you're pointing at..

Looking at you -beast

How can you teacher a student who just doesn't care. The most amazing teacher won't be able to reach that student.

Half of what you're saying is untrue. I'll admit, not all teachers are great, but that can  be said about any profession. HOWEVER, a lot of teachers do reflect on their lesson plans. "hey, this didn't work with my students, what would make it better"

have you asked.. why doesn't that student care...  no one has reached him.. why is that...

You're the type of teacher that's the problem with America..  It's never your fault.. always someone elses.

My point is, it's not relevant to discuss whose fault it is....  what can we DO about the situation at hand..

I know enough about teaching, having gone through primary education with teachers JUST LIKE YOU..

-Dispassionate to say the least

Show Image

Beast.. I respect you as a great member of our KB community.. but your attitude towards students, i find consistent with the unaccountability that I've experienced from nearly ALL my compulsory education teachers with the exception of very few professors.

Grasp for straw more, I'm done. I feel dumb for indulging you in the first place.

what you should /feels  is how to ignore blaming everything else, and spend the energy instead on what you can actually affect.

Beast.. I'm not trying to be uber-negative , I realize my wordage has come across that way, but I firmly believe the responsibility ping-pong game is by far the least productive..

and You've directly blamed the student.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:13:47 »
Most of the time I enioy posting on this forum.  Some of the time I feel like someone should burn it to the ground.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:15:21 »
You're the type of teacher that's the problem with America..

Holy crap, can we cut this **** out?  This is just such a terrible conclusion to draw from a single forum post.  You don't even know his teaching style.  All you know is that he doesn't like reading the instructions to the students and would rather have them read for themselves (since they can do that).  And you think that that is the biggest problem with our education system.

I know that you like to argue in sweeping generalizations, and I hope you know the problem with that.

Ur right hoff..  I 'd like to apologize to the Beast for my choice of words and tone with the exception of content and message ..

Srry -Beast

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:36:35 »

Show Image

The student has to have some responsibility in the learning process.

Why the **** am I even replying. It's like talking to a brick wall. But I guess it's better than someone thinking tp4 opinions are right, when they are just wrong and/or misinformed for the sake of inciting an emotional response from me/others to get them to reply to tp4 sad game of "please look at me" type posts.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:39:07 »

Show Image

Why the **** am I even replying. It's like talking to a brick wall. But I guess it's better than someone thinking tp4 opinions are right, when they are just wrong and/or misinformed for the sake of inciting an emotional response from me/others to get them to reply to tp4 sad game of "please look at me" type posts.
Can we all just be friends? :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:43:05 »

Show Image

hmm.. I don't expressly engineer ALL posts ^^^ that way..   The ones I've made in "this" thread are NOT part of my light-content series posts.

The posts I've made in this thread are genuine views I have about the education system...

You can NOT blame the students..  blame is not productive.. it also only serves to make YOU (the beast, the teachers) feel better for either not having tried, or averse to trying (to help the students)...

Just push the cattle through...  a few good ones make it,  mission accomplished.. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:43:10 »
* HoffmanMyster hugs geekhack

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:45:44 »

* TacticalStache reciprocates
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:47:52 »
Hmn... I almost say point proven about entitlement and people being thin skinned since this thread has been reported about 2 dozen times now. The report thread feature is not to be used for things you simply disagree with please.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:48:13 »

Take everything tp says with a pound of salt. He's basically a moron with a large vocabulary and narcissistic tendencies...

Only a moron would think himself wise..   I've made no such serious claim ever (only in jest)..  I've always only been a learner.. and that I shall remain.

The hypocrisy and unaccountability that plagues all of mankind is what this thread is about..

and all youS people are Full of it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:48:26 »

Show Image

Im rather disappointed you fell for his bait. Youve been here long enough to notice his posting pattern. Block and move on like the rest.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:50:01 »
Hmn... I almost say point proven about entitlement and people being thin skinned since this thread has been reported about 2 dozen times now. The report thread feature is not to be used for things you simply disagree with please.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Are people too whiny nowadays?
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:50:28 »
It's interesting, so many people these days see themselves simply as a product of their environment. Through this they are able to dodge responsibility for just about anything they wish and put that on parents, upbringing, government, and yes teachers. Bigotry, terrorism, laziness, etc can all be blame-shifted to someone/thing else. It's so sad. When someone has that mindset, it's impossible for them to see it any other way. Because of this I really don't see the point in keeping this thread going. I won't be posting in it anymore. Over and out bros.

Edit: I should also reiterate how disappointed the name-calling is. I really love GH, but this kind of thing just makes me so sad.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:58:17 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:51:46 »
Can we have a Thread of Peace now?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:02:21 »

* paicrai enjoys the warm embrace
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:07:24 »

it's all fun n games till someone discovers wet-spots..

/ damn

i don't have a good hugs emoticon

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:07:32 »
I think that this has mostly been the way, as someone who worked in customer service I got this alot, I think we are just open to it alot more because we are all connected and talking all the time. MGS2 IS REAL

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:08:25 »

it's all fun n games till someone discovers wet-spots..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 13:09:48 »
I think that this has mostly been the way, as someone who worked in customer service I got this alot, I think we are just open to it alot more because we are all connected and talking all the time. MGS2 IS REAL

Metal gear solid 2 ?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:17:39 »

From that list, quite a few of the higher wages have masters. Also have to factor in that everyone on that list (from what I saw) is teaching in Chicago, which I can't image is cheap to live in.

It's more affordable than New York, Boston, anywhere in California, and many other big cities. Residency is not a requirement, so you can teach in the city while living in the cheaper suburbs. Speaking strictly about Illinois, many school districts, at least in the Chicago area anyway, offer some form of compensation for pursuing master's degrees, and tenure is granted after five years.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:21:20 »

It's more affordable than New York, Boston, anywhere in California, and many other big cities. Residency is not a requirement, so you can teach in the city while living in the cheaper suburbs. Speaking strictly about Illinois, many school districts, at least in the Chicago area anyway, offer some form of compensation for pursuing master's degrees, and tenure is granted after five years.

*Note to self, should have been a school teacher.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:26:22 »

* tjcaustin grinds

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:28:23 »

This thread....

Anyone mind telling what the hell happened? Did someone offend someone?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:40:28 »
Show Image

This thread....

Here we go again...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:42:19 »
Show Image

This thread....

Something about a selfie.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 15:44:36 »
Show Image

This thread....

Here we go again...

Beast was ragin bout how his students suck and whine alot.. (kids righ?)

Then I said, hey, kids be kids, you're not a good teacher if you don't accept that and try to help them..

Beast rages m0re...  says, kids are responsible for part of their education..

Then I said, it's not useful to push responsibility around, we should instead discuss possible actions to help these kids..

the Beast Rages m0re,  yells at me, and tells me about how I don't understand education..

and Hoff hugs it out..  because apparently that's the solution to everything..

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:20:48 »
Thanks Tp. :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:23:44 »

>2014
>believing tp4's deluded version of reality

ishygddt

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:26:02 »

>2014

ishygddt
Well... I don't want to read a whole argument...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:26:32 »

>2014

ishygddt

like I said.. you need Troll +30 to play.. go practice ..

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:41:36 »
Let's take a look into the deluded mind of the child known as tp4tissue:

Watch as he says he has never claimed to be wise, and uses the word "hypocrisy".

Now, let's try to learn what hypocrisy means to him. It obviously doesn't mean to say one thing and then say another thing opposite to that, based purely on these quotes:
Again, I hope I am getting through to you...  I genuinely try to help people..  but I can see you are rigid..
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63081.msg1478641#msg1478641

Thread locked, so our back and forth is done there. But your goal is to whine about me whining about whiners, and you call me a hypocrite? And you understand the meaning of the word, correct?

No no.. you misunderstand ,  I -responded- to you whining about whiners to alert you as to your hypocritical nature..

I am not at all distraught or uneased by the fact that you ARE a hypocrite and that you whine..

Whine away as much as you like..   remember TP4 is here to let you see the error of your ways..

You're welcome..

(Extra line breaks and ridiculous emoticons removed courtesy of me)

Thanks for watching. Join us next time on "The Deluded Reality of tp4tissue".

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:48:34 »
LOL.. you followed it all the way in here just to get the Last-Word on a thread you lost to me in?

Esoo, I don't know what you're trying to prove..

You want to say , hey , recognize, "Esoo is da best troll"..

Why...   and what would such recognition bring..

Also.. such a title can not come from all the whining you do..  You have be able to instigate..

This you've not yet mastered..

All of your posts come off as whining, where you do not make a point..  or take a stance.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:51:46 »
Oh, look. Episode two of the hit show is already under way.

I'm the one looking for recognition? I'm the one who never makes a point or takes a stance?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:54:11 »
Yes. Younger people are generally softer, more easily offended, and generally ****fied these days. I really started to notice it in the mid 2000's and it's become more and more prevalent. Pretty sure it's due to overprotective parenting, but something has definitely made today's youth much softer.

I think it's just the way it goes as next generations have less and less impactful/global issues affecting them as their worlds become smaller through technology, so every following generation has it easier and therefore pettier problems than the generation before them so they seem like little whiny *****es in comparison.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:56:58 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 17:26:24 »
Yes. Younger people are generally softer, more easily offended, and generally ****fied these days. I really started to notice it in the mid 2000's and it's become more and more prevalent. Pretty sure it's due to overprotective parenting, but something has definitely made today's youth much softer.

I think it's just the way it goes as next generations have less and less impactful/global issues affecting them as their worlds become smaller through technology, so every following generation has it easier and therefore pettier problems than the generation before them so they seem like little whiny *****es in comparison.

exactly.. esoo is probably offended for something I didn't even intend ..  I know he's mad at me about something.. i just can't remember what..

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 17:31:20 »
Show Image

This thread....

Here we go again...

Then I said, hey, kids be kids, you're not a good teacher if you don't accept that and try to help them..

Then I said, it's not useful to push responsibility around, we should instead discuss possible actions to help these kids..

the Beast Rages m0re,  yells at me, and tells me about how I don't understand education..

They don't "suck". Some just don't apply themselves, think for themselves and expect help at every turn. If teachers taught with your philosophy, we'd end up with dependent, non applying students who expect answers at every turn without even trying.

I never said I don't help them. I simply ask that they think for themselves first before seeking outside (my or my cooperating teacher) help.

Students are responsible for there education, a teacher can only motivate a student so much.

You really don't understand education, in my opinion. You have no professional bases or training in the field. You're using off hand comments and opinions that aren't based in fact.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 17:45:25 »

Let's take a look into the deluded mind of the child known as tp4tissue:

Watch as he says he has never claimed to be wise, and uses the word "hypocrisy".

Now, let's try to learn what hypocrisy means to him. It obviously doesn't mean to say one thing and then say another thing opposite to that, based purely on these quotes:
Again, I hope I am getting through to you...  I genuinely try to help people..  but I can see you are rigid..
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63081.msg1478641#msg1478641

Thread locked, so our back and forth is done there. But your goal is to whine about me whining about whiners, and you call me a hypocrite? And you understand the meaning of the word, correct?

No no.. you misunderstand ,  I -responded- to you whining about whiners to alert you as to your hypocritical nature..

I am not at all distraught or uneased by the fact that you ARE a hypocrite and that you whine..

Whine away as much as you like..   remember TP4 is here to let you see the error of your ways..

You're welcome..

(Extra line breaks and ridiculous emoticons removed courtesy of me)

Thanks for watching. Join us next time on "The Deluded Reality of tp4tissue".

Hey, I like the emoticons...

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 17:51:49 »
You have no professional bases or training in the field. You're using off hand comments and opinions that aren't based in fact.

That is a very apt summation tp4 in general. He's like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh ... non-stop, bouncing-off-the-walls non-sense and he couldn't be happier with himself about it.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:21:25 »
You have no professional bases or training in the field. You're using off hand comments and opinions that aren't based in fact.

That is a very apt summation tp4 in general. He's like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh ... non-stop, bouncing-off-the-walls non-sense and he couldn't be happier with himself about it.

How dare you insult tigger!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 19:40:27 »

How dare you insult tigger!

I must admit.. I am happy 99% of the time..   the other 1% I'm just  too tired... from drinking.. usually.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 19:49:04 »
Show Image

This thread....

Here we go again...

They don't "suck". Some just don't apply themselves, think for themselves and expect help at every turn. If teachers taught with your philosophy, we'd end up with dependent, non applying students who expect answers at every turn without even trying.

I never said I don't help them. I simply ask that they think for themselves first before seeking outside (my or my cooperating teacher) help.

Students are responsible for there education, a teacher can only motivate a student so much.

You really don't understand education, in my opinion. You have no professional bases or training in the field. You're using off hand comments and opinions that aren't based in fact.

This thread is you complaining about the kids.. correct?

and I said.. hey teach, it's not productive to blame the kids, they are what they are..

and you said they're responsible for their own education..   

then I said,  that is true, but emphasis should be to MAKE THEM know that they're responsible and to do that, you should tell them the Exact reason why they need to study hard..   so they can purchase sex and fund procreation in the future. 

And you raged.. because I disagree with the fact that you're raging against the kids is at all a useful discussion..

Admittedly, I chose some bad wording, and put you on the offensive,  THIS is my fault, and I apologized for that..

But the contention is firm...  you're whining about whiny kids,    this has been the literal purpose of the thread... 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:03:09 »
Hello, I am currently 15 years old and I want to become a walrus. I know there’s a million people out there just like me, but I promise you I’m different. On December 14th, I’m moving to Antartica; home of the greatest walruses. I’ve already cut off my arms, and now slide on my stomach everywhere I go as training. I may not be a walrus yet, but I promise you if you give me a chance and the support I need, I will become the greatest walrus.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 21:01:38 »
Don't forget noppoo, keycool and blackwidow.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 21:54:20 »
Yep. Take a look at every GMK GB ever.

"Oh I won't buy it unless I get *insert random cap that no one ever uses*, it's a dealbreaker"
"I'm out because it has Windows 8 logos"

GTFO.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tbc

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:22:44 »

Aww couldn't you have picked 91 as your cut off year?  :(

:P

we're actually the same age?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.