Author Topic: Are people too whiny nowadays?  (Read 16841 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Are people too whiny nowadays?
« on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:40:54 »
I'm sorry if this appears as a rant and what not, but i'm just a little bit frustrated really.

Everyone thinks they're a special snowflake that is better than everyone else. "Well I deserve this because it's me, but that other guy, no, he doesn't deserve what I deserve", "Thinks didn't go my way, I'm going to complain about it to make myself feel better", "I'm always right, never in the wrong", "I'm so smart, other people are dumbies", "I did something moderately well, everyone should praise me on how well I did"
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sobe

Re: Are people too whiny nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:41:48 »
I lol'd

But seriously, that was a dumb thread IMO. Noone forces anyone to buy an overpriced brand and get half of what you'd get elsewhere for a cheaper price.

He just needs to wait it out for that one person to bid his price, all there is to it.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:42:51 »
Oh look at this, looks as if I'm becoming something of a celebrity around these parts, well this is ****ing cute.

Glorify me, worship me, I am your god, your superior.

I am the omega.

I lol'dBut seriously, that was a dumb thread IMO. Noone forces anyone to buy an overpriced brand and get half of what you'd get elsewhere for a cheaper price.He just needs to wait it out for that one person to bid his price, all there is to it.

The fanboyism is real.WINDUWS IS BEBST 4eva heueueueu
你搞砸了

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:43:18 »
I lol'd

But seriously, that was a dumb thread IMO. Noone forces anyone to buy an overpriced brand and get half of what you'd get elsewhere for a cheaper price.

He just needs to wait it out for that one person to bid his price, all there is to it.

To what thread are you referring to? I must be out of the loop

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sobe

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:44:31 »
LOL, I suppose severe coincidence with the title?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:44:53 »
yo beast how bout some switch tools?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:45:08 »
It's only going to get worse.  The first batch of high-schoolers to graduate from the "no-one left behind" rules are now trying to get into college and are blaming their teachers that they can't pass the basic entrance exams. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:46:10 »
It's only going to get worse.  The first batch of high-schoolers to graduate from the "no-one left behind" rules are now trying to get into college and are blaming their teachers that they can't pass the basic entrance exams.

Evidently you did not pass high school either, with that piss poor sentence structure.
你搞砸了

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:46:19 »
I lol'd

To what thread are you referring to? I must be out of the loop

Evidently you must be a cum loving ****, 10/10.

That's not nice

Offline engicoder

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:47:41 »
I think it started whenever this change occurred.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:49:15 »
um...

Man is wholly selfish.. this is by design..  you are made to be an independent little system..

Now.. whether or NOT you will decide to adopt the outward appearance of cooperative attitude depends on your need for it..

Beautiful woman.. why do so many of these have attitude issues...  Well, it's cuz their value as breeding stock is far greater than their value as conversationalists ...

There fore...  we allow, everyone allows them to simply think and say whatever, as long as the elegible male gets good children out of her..

The same could happen for a man, but less likely so, because of the nature and resource type distribution when it comes to breeding. 

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:49:48 »
I think it started whenever this change occurred.

(Attachment Link)

so much this
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:50:44 »
Attention mods, situation on isle 11. Well now that that's taken care of...

Frag, seriously, stop. You're only making it worse for yourself, and making it all the more entertaining to the rest of us.

Take a step back, calm the **** down, and try having an open mind. Reassess, and come back when you can post something that isn't blatantly disrespectful.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:51:01 »
Wow. In before lock.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:51:49 »
I'm sorry if this appears as a rant and what not, but i'm just a little bit frustrated really.

Everyone thinks they're a special snowflake that is better than everyone else. "Well I deserve this because it's me, but that other guy, no, he doesn't deserve what I deserve", "Thinks didn't go my way, I'm going to complain about it to make myself feel better", "I'm always right, never in the wrong", "I'm so smart, other people are dumbies", "I did something moderately well, everyone should praise me on how well I did"

I'll admit I act like an entitled butt most of the time, and would love to say I don't but I'm pretty sure I do :/

I personally think with how I was raised I didn't get everything I wanted as my parents where very good about making me earns things, but I do think with how people are raised now with getting all these gizmos and what not most will be more and more annoying.

But what context is this to be put in just people in general?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:53:41 »

I'll admit I act like an entitled butt most of the time, and would love to say I don't but I'm pretty sure I do :/

I personally think with how I was raised I didn't get everything I wanted as my parents where very good about making me earns things, but I do think with how people are raised now with getting all these gizmos and what not most will be more and more annoying.

It comes down to economics..

THe average standard of living has continued to rise..   THUS people have time for stuff OTHER than base survival..

between  base survival,,  and the seek for intellectual enlightenment..

THe miDDle  is when you whine about lots  of stuff you don't understand...

Natural progression.. !!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 10:57:14 »

People in general. I'm student teaching at a school. If a student doesn't get something right away, they put up their hand and ask me. Which is fine. However, one student in particular, "Mr. Beast, I don't know what to do" "(me), Well, did you read the instructions" "(them) Well, no, but I still don't know what to do"

It's annoying to be asked to read something that's right in front of them AND have had the teacher explain what to do 5 minutes earlier.

And, no, I don't have a problem with students asking questions. But the whole "no question is dumb" is kinda a farce.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:00:44 »

People in general. I'm student teaching at a school. If a student doesn't get something right away, they put up their hand and ask me. Which is fine. However, one student in particular, "Mr. Beast, I don't know what to do" "(me), Well, did you read the instructions" "(them) Well, no, but I still don't know what to do"

It's annoying to be asked to read something that's right in front of them AND have had the teacher explain what to do 5 minutes earlier.

And, no, I don't have a problem with students asking questions. But the whole "no question is dumb" is kinda a farce.

THis is why you're a ****ty teacher..

Has it ever occured to you that   kids need to LEARN how TO- LEARN.

given how poorly funded public education is...  it's not a wonder why some kids were left behind.. even in the most basic sense..

Indeed no dumb question is a dumb question..   ONLY a good teacher (not you, YET)   would know the right answer may not necessarily be a direct implication,  rather a step back to address fundamental misgivings..

for example many kids who do poorly in calculus  actually suck at algebra..   they don't need help with calculus,   they need help with algebra..

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:05:45 »

given how poorly funded public education is...  it's not a wonder why some kids were left behind.. even in the most basic sense..

Indeed no dumb question is a dumb question..   ONLY a good teacher (not you, YET)   would know the right answer may not necessarily be a direct implication,  rather a step back to address fundamental misgivings..

Your response is laughable considering I doubt you know anything about education.

This kid is extremely smart, but he doesn't apply himself. It seems like he expect me to stand there, read instructions to him as he does his work. It's very basic reading and researching/finding answers. I doubt this kid is "left behind"

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:08:32 »
As I posted elsewhere:

The world owes you absolutely jack ****. I firmly believe that you should fight for everything you want and ****ing earn it.

Nobody give a flying monkey's **** if you are a special snowflake. The workforce will not cater to your namby-pamby sensitive nature or to your special skills. They don't care if you're a genius or an idiot. They don't care if you're a bachelor or married with three kids and a fourth on the way. You either do the ****ing job, or you're out on your ass. Period.

Also, when you have bills to pay and/or a family to feed, there is no goddamned job that is beneath you.

Life WILL throw obstacles into your path. That is the nature of things. It's up to you to suck it up and decide whether those obstacles will be roadblocks or stepping stones.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:10:59 by The Mad Professor »
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:09:01 »
I miss Paicrai  :'(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:09:44 »
Thread should be titled "Are people too stupid nowadays?"

And the answer is yes. Unfortunately, as a species we have no qualifications testing for breeding rights, so the problem perpetuates itself.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:09:58 »

Your response is laughable considering I doubt you know anything about education.

This kid is extremely smart, but he doesn't apply himself. It seems like he expect me to stand there, read instructions to him as he does his work. It's very basic reading and researching/finding answers. I doubt this kid is "left behind"

there are many forms of left behind...

the specific thing I'm talking about is  teaching kids HOW to learn, and also importantly WHY they need to learn THIS WAY..

You can throw a bunch of legos  at some kid...  but my point is ...  simply throwing a bunch of stuff at him is not enough..

you gotta show him that..   hey this is a toy,  you play with it.. <-  this is missing from much of the education system..

HERE do math...   look, solve like this... < this is all they give kids..

How it should be..

Ferrari costs 2.5 million,   you have this much time in your life to earn enough to afford one,  once you buy it,  You will get THIS MUCH ****...

Want some motivation to do math??

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:11:55 »
I'm sorry but I imagined this community to have a strong bond between members.

I still really don't get why this kind of things happen. Sorry for my ignorance but I myself am pretty passive so I wouldn't know much.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:13:51 »
I'm sorry but I imagined this community to have a strong bond between members.

I still really don't get why this kind of things happen. Sorry for my ignorance but I myself am pretty passive so I wouldn't know much.

Dude.. kids man.. they do this.. let them do this..  they will do this enough, then find that it is NOT the optimal solution to their appeal,  and Change for the better..

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:16:03 »

Ahh right now I understand, I have to say I myself am guilty of doing this, I'm not sure what you would be able to do just telling them to read the instructions and ignoring them is out of the question I honestly don't think there would be much I could say, although my opinion of what to do would be to ask them to try to do what they think is right, then just drop hints on what to do without doing what he wants you to which would be babying him and telling him what to do :/

Also going off on a tangent if your name is Mr Beast, best, School, Teacher, Name, EVER "Ohh what class you got today, ohh you know (Insert class) with Mr Beast!" :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:18:18 »
You can throw a bunch of legos  at some kid...  but my point is ...  simply throwing a bunch of stuff at him is not enough..

you gotta show him that..   hey this is a toy,  you play with it.. <-  this is missing from much of the education system..

Teaching people how to think is a dangerous game, you have to leave room for imagination (in your lego scenario). Kids are NOT dumb, throw legos at them, they'll figure out their own way to play with them.

If you really want to debate education, learn some facts about it instead of using off hand "knowledge" you overheard on a bus.

How it should be..

Ferrari costs 2.5 million,   you have this much time in your life to earn enough to afford one,  once you buy it,  You will get THIS MUCH ****...

**** like this, makes you look so ****ing stupid, it's unreal. No teacher in there right mind is going to teach kids, "buy a Ferrari, get ****"
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:20:24 by The_Beast »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:22:37 »

Teaching people how to think is a dangerous game, you have to leave room for imagination (in your lego scenario). Kids are NOT dumb, throw legos at them, they'll figure out their own way to play with them.

If you really want to debate education, learn some facts about it instead of using off hand "knowledge" you overheard on a bus.

My teaching experience comes from predominantly Piano. I've also taught english to geriatric Chinese immigrants to pass their citizenship exams.

At every corner.. They were missing fundamentals....

Kids whose parents push them to play the basic Fur Elise..  and they can't do it..   I get this kid,  oh he can't read sheet music or at all understand time signatures..    wonder why he couldn't play Fur Elise..

You see.. the parents THREW the piano at this kid, luckily he didn't die.. but there's a threshold for how much you can FIGURE OUT without guidance..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:23:37 »

**** like this, makes you look so ****ing stupid, it's unreal. No teacher in there right mind is going to teach kids, "buy a Ferrari, get ****"

Maybe they fvking Should..  because that's the Primary if not ONLY purpose of a Ferrari over say a BMW, and they sell really really well. 

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:25:17 »

Ahh right now I understand, I have to say I myself am guilty of doing this, I'm not sure what you would be able to do just telling them to read the instructions and ignoring them is out of the question I honestly don't think there would be much I could say, although my opinion of what to do would be to ask them to try to do what they think is right, then just drop hints on what to do without doing what he wants you to which would be babying him and telling him what to do :/

Also going off on a tangent if your name is Mr Beast, best, School, Teacher, Name, EVER "Ohh what class you got today, ohh you know (Insert class) with Mr Beast!" :)

I don't ignore them, I ask them to read or reread the instructions and if it's still unclear, raise your hand and I'll do my very best to explain what it is they should be doing. In fact, after asking them to read/reread the instructions, I've never had to go back and explain what to do. Simply reading the instructions was enough to tell them what they should be doing.

Honestly, I think they're just expecting me to answer questions they could find in 2 minutes of reading, and I refuse to blatantly hand out answers to things that can easily be found.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:33:40 »

tp4 = word vomit machine

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:34:28 »

tp4 = word vomit machine

But it's good vomit..

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:38:15 »

Honestly, I think they're just expecting me to answer questions they could find in 2 minutes of reading, and I refuse to blatantly hand out answers to things that can easily be found.

This is the pain I go through with my job every day. I usually have to hand out those answers regardless...
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:39:01 »
Thread should be titled "Are people too stupid nowadays?"

And the answer is yes. Unfortunately, as a species we have no qualifications testing for breeding rights, so the problem perpetuates itself.

My sentiments exactly. Spoken like a truly logical being. :thumb:
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:39:12 »
I've done a bit of teaching, mainly specialized skills in BSA, a bit of university seminars, and some other venues. It does seem like as time goes on students expect more and more that the answer or paradigm will be simply given to them, without any effort on their part. It's particularly potent with those born after 1989-90 (sorry if that offends anyone). Many times I've asked a student what they think about a concept, and they reply "I don't know just tell me the answer".  It's worrisome to say the least.

No need to call each other names, maybe it's better if we have a calm, honest discussion about this?
I'm back.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:40:52 »

This is the pain I go through with my job every day. I usually have to hand out those answers regardless...

Yea, I've had that experience as well.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:42:13 »
I won't lie. I've not read through this thread yet. Does anyone mind summing it up for me?

Thanks.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:42:53 »

I've done a bit of teaching, mainly specialized skills in BSA, a bit of university seminars, and some other venues. It does seem like as time goes on students expect more and more that the answer or paradigm will be simply given to them, without any effort on their part. It's particularly potent with those born after 1989-90 (sorry if that offends anyone). Many times I've asked a student what they think about a concept, and they reply "I don't know just tell me the answer".  It's worrisome to say the least.

No need to call each other names, maybe it's better if we have a calm, honest discussion about this?

Aww couldn't you have picked 91 as your cut off year?  :(

:P

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:42:57 »

I won't lie. I've not read through this thread yet. Does anyone mind summing it up for me?

Thanks.

Lol
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:43:30 »

Thanks.

LOL I like you.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:44:31 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:45:23 »

Thanks.

Not going to lie you got me then.

I see what you did there

I see
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:45:34 »

Thanks.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:47:14 »
given how poorly funded public education is...

Tell that to my property tax bill.

The school district I live in spends more than $10,000/year per student, whereas the local private and parochial schools cost a fraction of that yet they consistently kick the public school to the curb in testing.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:50:15 »

Thanks.

You're my new favorite student

^___^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:51:05 »

Teachers exist before the birth of the students..

So, if you're a teacher, and you find that a student sucks,  it's the fault of EVERY teacher that student had before you had him..

and those teacher's failures are of the teacher's teacher's failures..

It goes on forever...

UNTIL SOMEONE TODAY...   stops and says OK,  let's go back, let me teach you some basics.. you missed it..

SO FEW teachers are willing to do this.. (****ty pay) I get it..    but come here and whine about students,  you're freaking adults..  do something about it that isn't just you being every bit an entitled Brat as the student you're pointing at..

Looking at you -beast

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:56:30 »

So, if you're a teacher, and you find that a student sucks,  it's the fault of EVERY teacher that student had before you had him..

It goes on forever...

UNTIL SOMEONE TODAY...   stops and says OK,  let's go back, let me teach you some basics.. you missed it..

SO FEW teachers are willing to do this.. (****ty pay) I get it..    but come here and whine about students,  you're freaking adults..  do something about it that isn't just you being every bit an entitled Brat as the student you're pointing at..

Looking at you -beast

How can you teacher a student who just doesn't care. The most amazing teacher won't be able to reach that student.

Half of what you're saying is untrue. I'll admit, not all teachers are great, but that can  be said about any profession. HOWEVER, a lot of teachers do reflect on their lesson plans. "hey, this didn't work with my students, what would make it better"

tp, stfu about stuff you don't know about. Stop arguing for arguments sake.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:58:43 »
(****ty pay) I get it.. 

Uh-huh.

When these folks retire, their pensions will be 70% of their salaries.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:02:56 »

Take everything tp says with a pound of salt. He's basically a moron with a large vocabulary and narcissistic tendencies...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:05:07 »

It goes on forever...

Looking at you -beast

How can you teacher a student who just doesn't care. The most amazing teacher won't be able to reach that student.

Half of what you're saying is untrue. I'll admit, not all teachers are great, but that can  be said about any profession. HOWEVER, a lot of teachers do reflect on their lesson plans. "hey, this didn't work with my students, what would make it better"

have you asked.. why doesn't that student care...  no one has reached him.. why is that...

You're the type of teacher that's the problem with America..  It's never your fault.. always someone elses.

My point is, it's not relevant to discuss whose fault it is....  what can we DO about the situation at hand..

I know enough about teaching, having gone through primary education with teachers JUST LIKE YOU..

-Dispassionate to say the least

Beast.. I respect you as a great member of our KB community.. but your attitude towards students, i find consistent with the unaccountability that I've experienced from nearly ALL my compulsory education teachers with the exception of very few professors in cledge