Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873177 times)

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4200 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 00:40:29 »
I've just picked up Muse Dash. Totally fun!

how many buttons does it require to play the different notes.

Just two (top and bottom), but at later stages you'll need two for each to hit triplets and streams.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4201 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 21:54:15 »
Been getting back into Terreria lately after being exited over the Journey's End announcement.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #4202 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 21:57:15 »
Been getting back into Terreria lately after being exited over the Journey's End announcement.

I really liked playing Terraria, although it can get really grind-y when you're trying to get the PDA.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline ScaredFolks

« Reply #4203 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 17:20:11 »
I have been digging Hyper Light Drifter a lot. I actually play on my Switch. I can't play games on a computer after being in front of one all day.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4204 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 07:10:35 »
A Ghost Of A Tale is very very good, really enjoying this game so far.

Wow! This looks really amazing, haven't seen this one before. Need to try it out.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #4205 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 07:57:38 »

I remember buying Terreria for my daughter, but never tried to play myself.
It looks like a nice game, 2D adventure with some RPG bits, is that correct?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4206 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 09:28:21 »
Been playing the Pokemon TCG Online.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4207 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 12:01:09 »
Been playing Hearthstone and Pokemon TCGO. Don't have a Windows machine, or else I'd play MTGA.

I should boot up my old Minecraft file...

You've been really into the TCGs, eh?  :D

Did you ever end up booting up that old Minecraft file, or has Pokemon TCGO taken over your life?  :eek:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4208 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 14:00:05 »
NOT looking forward to Shenmu III anymore after more strongarming from the Epic Games Store. I literally backed to get a Steam Key and physical disc copy as was promised on the Kickstarter page, only to have the devs renege on those promises for a games launcher that didn't even exist before everyone gave them money to fund their project. **** everything about this garbage, and **** the Epic Games Store.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #4209 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 05:08:21 »
What Remains of Edith Finch is a really amazing story game. Haven't finished it yet!

Offline phinix

« Reply #4210 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 08:50:45 »
Just purchased and started DLC Diablo3: Reaper of Souls.
I finished original game years ago, playing Monk. This time it is Crusader. Nice,like an old Paladin,

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4211 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 09:42:48 »
Been playing Hearthstone and Pokemon TCGO. Don't have a Windows machine, or else I'd play MTGA.

Did you ever end up booting up that old Minecraft file, or has Pokemon TCGO taken over your life?  :eek:

Oh, wow; haha. I completely forgot I already posted it. My daughter and I have been playing the physical game a lot, which has led me to play online a lot more, too.

I did boot the Minecraft file! I had to migrate my account from Mojang (not sure when they switched), but everything was still there.
Memories...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4212 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 11:53:23 »

Oh, wow; haha. I completely forgot I already posted it. My daughter and I have been playing the physical game a lot, which has led me to play online a lot more, too.

I did boot the Minecraft file! I had to migrate my account from Mojang (not sure when they switched), but everything was still there.
Memories...

How is the physical TCG?  Do you play with newly released cards, or OG cards?  I haven't touched them since when they were first released, and rarely actually played the game back then.  :))

Nice!  I played Minecraft exactly once, back in the beta days, if I'm not mistaken.  Can definitely understand the appeal, especially if it's more polished these days. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4213 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:01:46 »
I have been enthralled with The Coin Game. I dunno how to describe it... it's like a town simulator with an emphasis on arcade ticket machine games? It's surreal and lovely and I cannot stop playing it. I want to live in this weird world where it's always dusk and always your birthday and everyone in town is a robot built by your uncle.

It's in early access right now, and there is a ton of stuff being added regularly. I have no idea where the developer is going with the design of this game, which is something unique about The Coin Game. You get a sense there is something deeper going on, and as new content is added you can explore more of the little town. There is also this weird sense of looming dread, but nothing bad ever happens so it's totally unfounded for now.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4214 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 20:58:44 »

Memories...

How is the physical TCG?  Do you play with newly released cards, or OG cards?  I haven't touched them since when they were first released, and rarely actually played the game back then.  :))

Nice!  I played Minecraft exactly once, back in the beta days, if I'm not mistaken.  Can definitely understand the appeal, especially if it's more polished these days.

Love it, but it can be very expensive if you want to stay competitive. Because the strategy involved is so spread out, there's no one perfect deck, and you can have all kinds of strategy involved but it's up to what cards you've included--which of course comes at a cost (literally). I mostly play with newly released cards. The OG cards would be a pain to use today because they wouldn't be able to compete due to the high energy cost and low attack power. But I still get the OG cards to collect!
When the TCG was new in the States, I was at my dad's Xmas party at work and they bought the kids booster packs. I pulled a foil Gyarados in my first and only pack and I've been hooked since. I started playing, though, only about ten years ago through the online version. You should try it! It's free and they give you starter decks.

I do miss Minecraft. I think I stopped playing when it was still in beta, too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4215 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 10:14:31 »
Love it, but it can be very expensive if you want to stay competitive. Because the strategy involved is so spread out, there's no one perfect deck, and you can have all kinds of strategy involved but it's up to what cards you've included--which of course comes at a cost (literally). I mostly play with newly released cards. The OG cards would be a pain to use today because they wouldn't be able to compete due to the high energy cost and low attack power. But I still get the OG cards to collect!
When the TCG was new in the States, I was at my dad's Xmas party at work and they bought the kids booster packs. I pulled a foil Gyarados in my first and only pack and I've been hooked since. I started playing, though, only about ten years ago through the online version.

Ahh, that makes sense.  I would love to collect cards again (no real reason other than I'm drawn to collecting things, lol - so I will be holding off for sure), and of course wouldn't have anyone to play with anyway so won't be doing that.  I never drew any great cards from booster packs, but I did always love the excitement of it.  :D  Jealous of your foil Gyarados!

You should try it! It's free and they give you starter decks.

God damn it, romevi!!  I tried it last night thinking there was no way I'd be interested (a virtual TCG game? why would that be fun? all I ever did with TCGs was collect them, the game never made sense).  I'm totally hooked.  :))  This is exactly what the TCG should have been all along!  I've very quickly realized that the issue I had in my childhood was that I never really understood the rules or bothered to learn them.  I think the digital format works incredibly well for this sort of game, since it makes the barrier to entry so low and accessible.  Also, the whole not needing to spend actual money on cards to build a good deck is a huge help - I was always fearful of that aspect too (which is why I have never tried to get into MTG).

For reference, I have never played any sort of tabletop deck building game, so I have no experience with them (again, always considered them too complicated and involved). 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4216 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 10:41:04 »
When the TCG was new in the States, I was at my dad's Xmas party at work and they bought the kids booster packs. I pulled a foil Gyarados in my first and only pack and I've been hooked since. I started playing, though, only about ten years ago through the online version.

Ahh, that makes sense.  I would love to collect cards again (no real reason other than I'm drawn to collecting things, lol - so I will be holding off for sure), and of course wouldn't have anyone to play with anyway so won't be doing that.  I never drew any great cards from booster packs, but I did always love the excitement of it.  :D  Jealous of your foil Gyarados!

You should try it! It's free and they give you starter decks.

God damn it, romevi!!  I tried it last night thinking there was no way I'd be interested (a virtual TCG game? why would that be fun? all I ever did with TCGs was collect them, the game never made sense).  I'm totally hooked.  :))  This is exactly what the TCG should have been all along!  I've very quickly realized that the issue I had in my childhood was that I never really understood the rules or bothered to learn them.  I think the digital format works incredibly well for this sort of game, since it makes the barrier to entry so low and accessible.  Also, the whole not needing to spend actual money on cards to build a good deck is a huge help - I was always fearful of that aspect too (which is why I have never tried to get into MTG).

For reference, I have never played any sort of tabletop deck building game, so I have no experience with them (again, always considered them too complicated and involved).

Even worse, you can buy the physical cards and you get codes to redeem in the digital version! A physical booster pack will give you a code for a digital booster pack of random cards online, but stuff like preconstructed decks and special box sets will give you the exact cards you purchased physically. So it's deadly perfect if you're like me and like to play the physical and digital versions!

I never really played any other TCG. I'm waiting for Magic: The Gathering Arena to come to Macs. (And, just like Pokemon, you get codes from physical sets to redeem!)

But yeah, you can do daily battles in the Pokemon TCGO and you'll get rewarded with points and, at times, booster packs. It's a longer method of building decks, but if you're playing casually and don't want to spend money, then it's free cards!  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4217 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 12:46:32 »
Even worse, you can buy the physical cards and you get codes to redeem in the digital version! A physical booster pack will give you a code for a digital booster pack of random cards online, but stuff like preconstructed decks and special box sets will give you the exact cards you purchased physically. So it's deadly perfect if you're like me and like to play the physical and digital versions!

I never really played any other TCG. I'm waiting for Magic: The Gathering Arena to come to Macs. (And, just like Pokemon, you get codes from physical sets to redeem!)

But yeah, you can do daily battles in the Pokemon TCGO and you'll get rewarded with points and, at times, booster packs. It's a longer method of building decks, but if you're playing casually and don't want to spend money, then it's free cards!  :p

:|

romevi

You should not have told me that. 

-_-

My slow demise will be entirely your fault.

For now I will stay strong and go the slow casual route.  :))

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4218 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 18:38:12 »
Playing .io games currently.

Offline SlipperyPeteED

« Reply #4219 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 20:15:19 »
American Truck Simulator :D

Offline Legonut

« Reply #4220 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 10:45:54 »
Mostly Apex, R6 Siege, and Risk of Rain 2

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4221 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 10:56:28 »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4222 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 18:21:53 »
I've started playing the Doom 2016 multiplayer again. The player count is really low, but I don't have too much trouble finding a game in the "Team Play" queue. I was among those who thought it was just "meh" when the game was released, but I like it quite a bit now.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline valkyr1e

« Reply #4223 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 09:58:18 »
Osu! is pretty much the only game I play on my computer (pretty much the only game I can play on my low performance computer).

Just hit top 5% in my country ranking.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4224 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 10:52:07 »
Osu! is pretty much the only game I play on my computer (pretty much the only game I can play on my low performance computer).

Just hit top 5% in my country ranking.

Obligatory , well if you'd only played a real instrument.. Kekekekekeke

Offline BanglesOtter

« Reply #4225 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 17:10:46 »
Nullpomino, and for some reason, really difficult ROBLOX obbies. (I hate the rest of the community.)
Bangles Otter
Don't have a build yet. Soon (tm)

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #4226 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 07:41:35 »
Picked up Stardew Valley on the Switch yesterday. Not sure if I'm gonna play it for long, but it sure is relaxing.
pls gief bbv2

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4227 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 21:39:38 »
Replaying Gears 5 on harder setting, as well as Metro Exodus, and have just started Borderlands 3.....

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4228 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 23:51:32 »
Replaying Gears 5 on harder setting, as well as Metro Exodus, and have just started Borderlands 3.....
Would you recommend Gears 5?

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #4229 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 14:50:01 »
Step 1 - I pop on GTA5, sell a few cars, turn the wheel at the casino, do a client job then quit.
Step 2 - I pop on CSGO, have one of two games then quit.
Then i look at all +300 games steam library...and go back to step 1....

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4230 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 17:16:43 »
Step 1 - I pop on GTA5, sell a few cars, turn the wheel at the casino, do a client job then quit.
Step 2 - I pop on CSGO, have one of two games then quit.
Then i look at all +300 games steam library...and go back to step 1....

Le shovel knight has arrived

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4231 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 21:34:19 »
GRIM DAWN IS ON SALE RIGHT NOW 75% OFF VIA STEAM - GO BUY NOW!

Offline phinix

« Reply #4232 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 07:08:45 »

Why, is it that good?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4233 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 08:59:40 »

Why, is it that good?

If you like AARPGs it's like, the best one.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4234 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 10:57:31 »

Why, is it that good?

uuum no, PoE is big daddy for aRPGs

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4235 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 12:04:58 »

I don't have the money for it but okay

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4237 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 02:02:35 »

Why, is it that good?

uuum no, PoE is big daddy for aRPGs

Diabr0 333

Ummm just no. Blizzard sure rewarded all D3 player...

Offline phinix

« Reply #4238 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 03:42:07 »
Ah, ok, I kinda prefer Diablo, but may take a look at this one...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4239 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:02:31 »
been playing MGS5. Man, that 2hr intro took forever.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #4240 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 01:53:11 »
Dude i gave up just for that i swear lol. I saved after the intro, maybe walked 1meter then quit. never played again.

Is CrossCode that good? it's on sale on steam rn, tempted to get it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4241 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 03:15:32 »

I played a bit, finished like 10 missions, then for some reason I couldn't go any further, I kept getting same mission all over again, couldn't find a way to start new ones, weird.
So dropped the game. Didn't even expand/build bigger base...

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4242 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 09:06:33 »
Still playing Borderlands 3 occasionally, also playing Gears 5 on harder setting, but have also started on COD MW (2019) and though I have a VEGA64 as my GPU, it runs and looks great. I am hampered by odd freezes  here and there, so I'm taking my time for more patches and driver updates to see if this issue goes away.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4243 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 11:56:45 »
well don't play rage 2.. what a load of awful..

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4244 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 12:28:58 »
Played Buildroyale and a bit of surviv before going home

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4245 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 12:29:50 »
Nullpomino, and for some reason, really difficult ROBLOX obbies. (I hate the rest of the community.)

Like the Tower of Hell?

Remember to look at some puppies while you're at it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4246 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 20:20:39 »
I dunno what black magic ****ery Rockstar did in this recent patch, but I went from only being to run RDR2 in Low/Med settings in windowed mode, to being able to run it in High/Ultra settings while still getting the same fps as I was on Low settings before the patch.

They ACTUALLY did it! Slowly getting more optimized, and I no longer have to choose between having it look like a PS2 game or playing it as a slideshow  :thumb:

Offline phinix

« Reply #4247 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 04:27:42 »
I've started this Age of Emires 2 definite edition released few days ago - nice, lovely OG RTS :)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4248 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 07:44:43 »
I dunno what black magic ****ery Rockstar did in this recent patch, but I went from only being to run RDR2 in Low/Med settings in windowed mode, to being able to run it in High/Ultra settings while still getting the same fps as I was on Low settings before the patch.

They ACTUALLY did it! Slowly getting more optimized, and I no longer have to choose between having it look like a PS2 game or playing it as a slideshow  :thumb:

Let's not forget the time Ubisoft locked all their games to 30 fps and lowered the graphic quality on PC for cinematic quality?

They had to lower their settings because they knew that PC was superior to console....

Offline Altis

« Reply #4249 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 21:04:53 »
I've started this Age of Emires 2 definite edition released few days ago - nice, lovely OG RTS :)

I've been having such a great time with it.

I still play HD/2013 Edition and wasn't sure I'd like the DE remaster, but the quality-of-life improvements are great and the remaster tasteful overall.

Certainly a timeless gem of a game.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)