Author Topic: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 15706 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Star Wars Force Awakens Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 02:18:20 »
Kylo kidnapped Rey because he believed he could extract the information from her that he needed, rather than continue to chase BB-8. It was only after she resisted him that he saw her potential and wanted to convert her. Snoke showed no interest in Rey in the film.
You're correct, I had the time line mixed up. For some reason i was thinking that part of the conversation was earlier on.

Was it mentioned in the film that some Stormtroopers were taken from the war? Did I miss that or was that from books or something. So much is inferred and taken from various other story lines, it's hard to tell sometimes.

edited for question.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 02:23:12 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 02:26:06 »
have to say, the most disappointing moments of the movie was the part where Jack? The friendly storm trooper gets ketchup on his helmet, that could have been so powerful and awesome to see the otherside, but it was just rushed and looked a mess.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:40:05 »
Was it mentioned in the film that some Stormtroopers were taken from the war? Did I miss that or was that from books or something. So much is inferred and taken from various other story lines, it's hard to tell sometimes.

It was explicitly stated that his men (Stormtroopers) were not clones and that they had been taken while children and trained/programmed from childhood to be loyal.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 18:08:50 »
Just got back from viewing the film.  I think Disney made it to appeal to 10 year olds and acquire a new generation of Star Wars consumers. I feel like all I watched a variation of Episode IV with more action and less character depth and a "let's get the band back together" vibe. 

I honestly think that the droids gave the best performances.  Also, when you think about it, C-3PO, and R2-D2 are the most enduring characters of the films.

I can understand why George Lucas is going around complaining, but if he didn't want to see his baby so sickly, he shouldn't have sold the darn thing.  However, Disney did accomplish the goal of making a pile of money and getting people excited for a sequel.

My opinion also is influenced by the fact that the film I saw before this was "Ex-Machina", which is a more original science fiction film.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 21:00:45 by vivalarevolución »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:39:55 »
My opinion also is influenced by the fact that the film I saw before this was "Ex-Machina", which is a more original science fiction film.

Did you notice that the two main actors from Ex-Machina were also in TFA?
I saw Oscar Isaacs name in the credits or something, and spent the whole movie looking for the guy from Ex-Machina - totally didn't recognize him as Poe Dameron.
And only just now figured out that General Ginger was the same actor as the young guy from Ex-Machina, Domhnall Gleeson.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:03:35 »

I saw Oscar Isaacs name in the credits or something, and spent the whole movie looking for the guy from Ex-Machina - totally didn't recognize him as Poe Dameron.
And only just now figured out that General Ginger was the same actor as the young guy from Ex-Machina, Domhnall Gleeson.

Yea, I did notice that, but not until the credits.  Good year for those guys. Oscar Isaac has a good future ahead of him, seems capable of many different types of roles.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:14:20 »

If you haven't seen it already I would really recommend watching "A Most Violent Year" - Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain are both really good in it

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:36:51 »

No clue what that movie is.  I did know that Daniel Craig made a cameo as the mind influenced Stormtrooper.

I was not impressed with the acting by John Boyega (despite loving Attack the Block).  Daisy Ridley was fantastic, but made me wonder if the casting director or casting people between Episodes 1-3 and 7 were the same.  It really felt like they were going for someone who looked like Kiera Knightley (not that I'm complaining, not with that wonderful smile).

More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:07:21 »
I was not impressed with the acting by John Boyega (despite loving Attack the Block).

I thought he was fantastic. There was a lot of buzz going about him before the movie dropped about how lifeless and wood-like he appeared in the trailers, but he did a great job and easily became one of my favorite characters in the film, the other being BB-8.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:38:40 »

No clue what that movie is.  I did know that Daniel Craig made a cameo as the mind influenced Stormtrooper.

I was not impressed with the acting by John Boyega (despite loving Attack the Block).  Daisy Ridley was fantastic, but made me wonder if the casting director or casting people between Episodes 1-3 and 7 were the same.  It really felt like they were going for someone who looked like Kiera Knightley (not that I'm complaining, not with that wonderful smile).

More
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah she looks kind of Natalie Portman

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 02:49:29 »
I just watched itand thought it was good up until the part Ray just magically unlocked her force powers and started commanding Storm troopers. That was. dumb. That was real ****ing dumb.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 11:18:38 »
I just watched itand thought it was good up until the part Ray just magically unlocked her force powers and started commanding Storm troopers. That was. dumb. That was real ****ing dumb.

Yea, the whole "I have no training but I can overpower one of the most powerful members of the Dark Side" bit was an awful touch.  Luke trained for years to do that sh!t.  I imagine that every other jedi in history has to undergo similar training.  I mean, come on, guys.  These are Jedis, not Matilda.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 11:44:33 »

Yea, the whole "I have no training but I can overpower one of the most powerful members of the Dark Side" bit was an awful touch.  Luke trained for years to do that sh!t.  I imagine that every other jedi in history has to undergo similar training.  I mean, come on, guys.  These are Jedis, not Matilda.

I don't have a huge problem with that.  She was a fanboy to the myth.  She believed it when I'm guessing most didn't, and Solo came along and told her it was all true.  The typical overconfident young person, only this time she really does have the skills.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 13:08:19 »
I don't have a problem with that either. The title of the film is The Force Awakens not Force Learned :P

Theory: Maybe she already knows how to do it when she was still Luke's young student in his Jedi Academy.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 13:17:00 »
There are plenty of force sensitives that begin learning how to do things without training. Re-investigating Rey's dream may shed some light beyond that simple comment, though.

Luke didn't have sufficient training either, and he started far later than the typical padawan would in terms of age.. yet he was able to do remarkably well against Vader, who was battle hardened from years of the clone wars and training under Obi Wan. As a child, before being Vader, Anakin was able to pod race at the level he did due to this innate connection to the force.

..and of course, Vader threw the supposedly most powerful Sith to ever exist over a railing without too much effort, so there's that.

If you attempt to scrutinize every little thing about Star Wars, I can assure you there are serious plot holes to be found in every movie.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 14:11:03 »
Overall I think the movie was a success. I like the new characters and I'm interested to see where their stories go. I especially loved Rey and Kylo Ren. Finn and Poe were just ok. A+ for almost no mention of story elements from the prequels. :thumb:

There were a few too many callbacks for my taste, but that's minor. I do think the decision to do another Death Star was boring. I'm honestly not sure what they were going for with that. Rey figuring out how to do the Jedi mind trick on her own bugged me, but I'm withholding judgment on the assumption that it'll be justified in future movies. The final shot of Luke looking all somber and grizzled and Obi-Wan like gave me shivers [of nerd awesomeness]. Leader Snoke seems terrible to me but I'm withholding judgment on him as well.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 17:34:15 »

Perfect analogy - Rey is basically space matilda

If only Danny DeVito was in the movie - he's like real life watto

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 20:05:04 »
JJ Abrams excuse for the rehash of the old:  "you have to go back to go forward".

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:55:14 »
There is a long list of problems with the story, but for me the mind-reading scene is not one. I thought it was quite cool, turning the tables like that. It was also the first time that we got really convinced that she had Force powers.

Her being able to fight Kylo Ren with a lightsaber was kind of plausible also. Kylo Ren was seriously injured and Rey had had lots of fighting experience with a staff from her time on Jakku. Not sure about how she pulled the lightsaber out of the snow, though.

The mind-trick scene does not work, however. Even if she is strong with the Force, how did she learn to do that?
Also, it should not be possible to first fail, alerting the victim to what she is trying to do and then be able to trick the same person right afterwards. Or had the Stormtrooper been drinking?
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:13:51 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 06:51:41 »
There is a long list of problems with the story, but the mind-reading scene is not one. I thought it was quite cool, turning the tables like that. It was also the first time that we got really convinced that she had Force powers.

Her being able to fight Kylo Ren with a lightsaber was kind of plausible also. Kylo Ren was seriously injured and Rey had had lots of fighting experience with a staff from her time on Jakku. Not sure about how she pulled the lightsaber out of the snow, though.

The mind-trick scene does not work, however. Even if she is strong with the Force, how did she learn to do that?
Also, it should not be possible to first fail, alerting the victim to what she is trying to do and then be able to trick the same person right afterwards. Or had the Stormtrooper been drinking?

If I was a storm trooper..   I would be drinking all the time..  who would know.. I get to wear a helmet.. and it blacks out the eyes part.. and they wouldn't be able to smell it on my breath either, because i got the air filter..

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 10:33:25 »
If I was a storm trooper..   I would be drinking all the time..  who would know.. I get to wear a helmet.. and it blacks out the eyes part.. and they wouldn't be able to smell it on my breath either, because i got the air filter..
You would think, but trust me on this: You would be able to notice it on how they walk and talk. I have not seen any drunk Stormtrooper, but I have trooped with some that were really hungover.
🍉

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 10:36:55 »
Didn't like the movie.

Visually it was good, but the storyline, plot, etc just didn't agree with me.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 11:00:00 »
JJ Abrams excuse for the rehash of the old:  "you have to go back to go forward".

Everything he gets his hands on gets polluted.    I'm partly amazed Star Wars was as good as it was considering what a crapfest NewTrek was turned into.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:33:08 »
So what books go with the TFA universe/plotline?  I have a long trip coming up and need some reading material...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:53:32 »
So what books go with the TFA universe/plotline?  I have a long trip coming up and need some reading material...

I read that this book gives some backstory to some of the characters. Don't own it though. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/148472822X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1W6W7500T4KC19RCVET0&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:00:31 »

Not reading material, but since you're going on a trip and if you have some downtime during the ride, I strongly insist you give a go at Brian Daley's Star Wars radio drama. It's one of the best modern radio dramas I've heard, and even surpasses the films at some of the time in terms of enjoyment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(radio)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:11:57 »
Yeah, upon a second viewing after watching the original trilogy JJ borrowed (just stole??) many scenes almost shot for shot from the original three films.
And also agreeing on the whole concept of how Ray could go toe to toe with someone much more advanced than her in skill, literally spent his entire life training in the Force and here comes some girl who's never even wielded a sword (that we saw) on the same level. Hell, even Finn was able to give 'ol Kylo a run for his money.
And lastly there were a lot of plot points that were far too convenient and by the end I had trouble accepting all these timely advantageous situations. Unless it is being set up that some greater force (Force?) is guiding Ray and setting up all these much too acceptable plot devices, but I think that's giving JJ's style too much credit since he doesn't like getting deep.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 02:03:26 »
I was not impressed with the acting by John Boyega (despite loving Attack the Block).

I thought he was fantastic. There was a lot of buzz going about him before the movie dropped about how lifeless and wood-like he appeared in the trailers..

Really? Don't think I heard anything like that... only alot of american press making a deal out of the colour of his skin.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:36:05 »
I really enjoyed the movie, but when Ren removed his mask I couldn't take him seriously anymore.  He looks more Jar-Jar than Darth Whatever.  Maybe I'm just face-ist.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:50:59 »
I really enjoyed the movie, but when Ren removed his mask I couldn't take him seriously anymore.  He looks more Jar-Jar than Darth Whatever.  Maybe I'm just face-ist.

A lot of people have mentioned this loss of respect, but for me it didn't matter one bit as I already knew who was behind the mask, from seeing pics of him and even press shots of him on set without the mask.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:54:48 »
I liked how goofy he looks for some reason. It just seemed to work. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Kinda fits in with the theme that the First Order is operating in the shadow of what the Empire once was.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:51:33 »
I feel that this is relevant.

More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:01:54 »
There is a long list of problems with the story, but the mind-reading scene is not one. I thought it was quite cool, turning the tables like that. It was also the first time that we got really convinced that she had Force powers.

I was fine with most of Rey's force abilities, including resisting Kylo Ren's mind reading, her lightsaber skills because of her skills with the stick thing (although I wonder how Finn was so skilled with the lightsaber, perhaps he had some training as a stormtrooper).

The mind control of the stormtrooper and Rey's ability to overpower Kylo Ren to attract the lightsaber were a little too much for me.  Perhaps she utilizes her experience with resisting Kylo Ren and reading his mind to control the storm trooper?

But I am not familiar with the expanded universe and the concept and abilities of the force sensitives, so I could be out of line with my gripes.

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:25:20 »
When they mention two padawan disciples for luke I was thinking Rey was a force sensitive bloodline other than Skywalker (Kylo Ren / Ben Skywalker)

Also what was interesting is that Chewie could be the thread linking them together. Take note when Kylo killed Han, Chewie shot him in the chest in a nonlethal area.
Taking this in with what the official stance on Wookies being extremely hard to get their loyalty and fierce devotion. Chewie should have killed Kylo. Also it was too easy of Rey to get along with Chewie in the first place.

Leads me to believe Chewie and Rey have something deeper than just taking the Solo ship that easily.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 16:36:02 »
When they mention two padawan disciples for luke I was thinking Rey was a force sensitive bloodline other than Skywalker (Kylo Ren / Ben Skywalker)

Also what was interesting is that Chewie could be the thread linking them together. Take note when Kylo killed Han, Chewie shot him in the chest in a nonlethal area.
Taking this in with what the official stance on Wookies being extremely hard to get their loyalty and fierce devotion. Chewie should have killed Kylo. Also it was too easy of Rey to get along with Chewie in the first place.

Leads me to believe Chewie and Rey have something deeper than just taking the Solo ship that easily.

So Rey is the daughter of Chewie and 3PO?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:11:31 »

Yes. /endthread.
More like Rey may have met Chewie before when she was younger / caretaker maybe? Seems too convenient plotwise right now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:39:03 »
More like Rey may have met Chewie before when she was younger / caretaker maybe? Seems too convenient plotwise right now.

But what would she have done to earn his trust at such a young age?  I feel like following along with that theory, it would make more sense that merely her association with others that Chewie trusts is what instilled that trust, yknow?  Maybe Chewie knows who she is and what family she belongs to?  Dunno, just spitballing.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:42:37 »
I think Chewie liking her just demonstrates that she is a good person who we are supposed to like. I think she's connected to Luke somehow, either his daughter or former trainee or both, but Chewie and Han don't need to have known her to make that work.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:47:50 »
Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. For real? I laughed my ass off when he took his helmet off.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:50:14 »
Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. For real? I laughed my ass off when he took his helmet off.

As I alluded to before, I actually think it works.  Maybe he was bullied, built up rage, donned a helmet and ****ed **** up.  Isn't unreasonable.  :P

But yeah definitely agree with you to some extent, just playing devil's advocate and trying not to rip apart a movie that I enjoyed.  ;)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:51:43 »
I haven't seen him in anything else so I don't have associations. But I liked how dopey he looks. It works for me for some reason.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:52:41 »
I haven't seen him in anything else so I don't have associations. But I liked how dopey he looks. It works for me for some reason.

He's in Girls.

Definitely not a role that helps instill fear and leadership qualities, so it was a little weird for me.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 21:23:01 »

He was in Inside Llewyn Davis as the country western dude, if you are a Coen Brothers fan.

On another note, I think Rey was at the very least a former young Jedi trainee.  At most, Luke's kid.  Considering the way that they predictably scripted Episode VII, I'm going with Luke's kid.

On another another note, I really enjoyed the way they played with the lighting on Kylo Ren's face throughout the movie.  They flashed between the dark and the light, and the reds and the blues when he was conflicted.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 03:41:33 »
A lot of people have mentioned this loss of respect, but for me it didn't matter one bit as I already knew who was behind the mask, from seeing pics of him and even press shots of him on set without the mask.

I avoided all Star Wars talk until I saw the movie, other than watching the trailer once when it first came out.  I didn't want to build up any hype and be in a prequel situation again.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 05:42:56 »
Kylo was well cast to me. He seemed like a (albeit stereotypical) emo rejected-feeling  sort of character who is struggling with his identity but does not know how to handle his emotions maturely. He reminds me of the sort of teenager who would shoot up a school, which makes him that much more creepy to me.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:02:20 »

He's in Girls.

Definitely not a role that helps instill fear and leadership qualities, so it was a little weird for me.

In a rather embarrassing confession I watched all four seasons of Girls after seeing TFA

Actually a pretty enjoyable show

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:05:08 »

He's in Girls.

In a rather embarrassing confession I watched all four seasons of Girls after seeing TFA

Haha, I've seen a good chunk of it too.  :P  I had to take a break from those characters though so stopped for awhile.  :))

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:06:32 »

He's in Girls.

Haha, I've seen a good chunk of it too.  :P  I had to take a break from those characters though so stopped for awhile.  :))

Yeah they're hardly the most inspirational people

If anyone hasn't seen this yet it's pretty funny

https://twitter.com/Kylor3n

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:18:37 »
Yeah, upon a second viewing after watching the original trilogy JJ borrowed (just stole??) many scenes almost shot for shot from the original three films.
Hehe.. Take a look at this (I have set the timestamp for you :) ): Honest Trailers - Star Trek (2009): @ 2:20
🍉

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:24:05 »
And C-3PO is the son of Anakin Skywalker. That would make Rey and Kylo Ren cousins !!!  :eek: :eek: :))
🍉