Author Topic: One Punch Man discussion  (Read 17541 times)

Offline Dongulator

One Punch Man discussion
« on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:26:35 »
With the final ep of One Punch Man season 1 tonight, I figured I would start a discussion thread about the anime as a whole.
Personally I found it hard to get past the beginning of Ep3, but once I made it past that part I got really into it.
Oh, and the art style is fantastic. I like how it changes from time to time.\

Such a great anime, and I can't wait for season 2.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: One Punch Man discussion
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:28:51 »
I love the animation style the  studio put into the show and the contrast in drawings depending on situations and characters. I'm sad they didn't cover the blizzard arc in the manga but overall probably the best anime of the season. Definitely one of the best of the year

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:28:59 »
Read manga, haven't seen anime yet. It's fun
I love Elzy

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:31:55 »
One of my primery school friends which introduced me to pretty much every anime I have ever watched told me about this. I think it is fantastic and the plot concept just great. It has been years since i have been able to sit there and actually enjoy an anime. Due to house move i am a bit behind though which will be good to catch up in a few days

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:32:01 »
I love the animation style the  studio put into the show and the contrast in drawings depending on situations and characters. I'm sad they didn't cover the blizzard arc in the manga but overall probably the best anime of the season. Definitely one of the best of the year

I would have to agree, one of the best of the year for sure.
Read manga, haven't seen anime yet. It's fun

How far are you in the manga? is it the web comic (original) or the books?
you should really watch the anime, I guess it keeps close to the manga.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:32:38 »
Web comic, not very far. I'm horrible with keeping up with stuff I need to read.
I love Elzy

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:42:19 »
This might be a spoiler for you, but I don't think I've ever giggled so much from an anime.

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:43:37 »
This might be a spoiler for you, but I don't think I've ever giggled so much from an anime.

Dankest scene in the whole series, the animation and music give me chills

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:44:53 »
It ANNOYS me so MUCH
that his capability is still unknown among the heroes (other than Silver Fang and Genos)

arghhhhh

but the ending is awesome
"Back to one punch -_-' " hehe
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:05:58 »
ONE PAWWWWWNCH

Well you can already see my current avatar, hehe.

Read the manga after seeing so much hype online, loved it. Even watched the anime and enjoyed it. Like one guy said, bored of anime for years but one punch man is the second coming of Christ.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:14:35 »
ONE PAWWWWWNCH

Read the manga after seeing so much hype online, loved it. Even watched the anime and enjoyed it. Like one guy said, bored of anime for years but one punch man is the second coming of Christ.

Yeah.. you could lump me in with the "bored of anime for years" however I did recently discover hunter x hunter (on par with OPM if you haven't seen it).  One Punch Man just sparked a new interest in anime. I just hope it wont fall short, and wont be drawn-out (think One Piece).

In my opinion for season 2 the obvious things should happen. Saitama will become a Class A hero and he will have to battle another hero.
Could this be Genos... who knows

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:17:09 »

ONE PAWWWWWNCH

Yeah.. you could lump me in with the "bored of anime for years" however I did recently discover hunter x hunter (on par with OPM if you haven't seen it).  One Punch Man just sparked a new interest in anime. I just hope it wont fall short, and wont be drawn-out (think One Piece).

In my opinion for season 2 the obvious things should happen. Saitama will become a Class A hero and he will have to battle another hero.

I was an avid reader of hunter x hunter, never checked the anime. Wish it would get finished someday :(

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:21:13 »

ONE PAWWWWWNCH

I was an avid reader of hunter x hunter, never checked the anime. Wish it would get finished someday :(

Yea I have a friend who reads the manga, I guess it's still going and Ging is a bad ass..  I srsly hope they extend the anime to go with the manga. If not I will end up getting the manga series, because that's another fantastic show/story/anime/manga thing

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:22:54 »

ONE PAWWWWWNCH

Yea I have a friend who reads the manga, I guess it's still going and Ging is a bad ass..  I srsly hope they extend the anime to go with the manga. If not I will end up getting the manga series, because that's another fantastic show/story/anime/manga thing

Yea it is indeed amazing.

I mostly just pirate manga cause I read wayyyyy too many series but certain ones like this deserve the physical copies. Wonder how many are at Barnes and Noble.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:24:26 »
ONE PAWWWWWNCH

HxH has a great story, with much more planned in the future.  The problem is, the mangaka has been on hiatus many times due to health problems (or addiction to Dragon Quest) and refuses to take on any assistants to help him with the load.  It's been close to a year and a half since the last chapter has been released, and it was a big setup chapter for the next arc.  FeelsBadMan

OPM is awesome, and does a great job parodying shounen tropes.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:24:59 »

ONE PAWWWWWNCH

Yea it is indeed amazing.

I mostly just pirate manga cause I read wayyyyy too many series but certain ones like this deserve the physical copies. Wonder how many are at Barnes and Noble.

Poor Barnes and Noble, they don't even have much for Dr.Slump....Thankfully I live in a city with a pretty large Chinatown. So I have access to some pretty strange things.

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:26:26 »
ONE PAWWWWWNCH

HxH has a great story, with much more planned in the future.  The problem is, the mangaka has been on hiatus many times due to health problems (or addiction to Dragon Quest) and refuses to take on any assistants to help him with the load.  It's been close to a year and a half since the last chapter has been released, and it was a big setup chapter for the next arc.  FeelsBadMan

OPM is awesome, and does a great job parodying shounen tropes.

So sad about hxh, the next arc was gonna be the expedition and they were gonna explore the disasters of the world which i found to be an awesome mystery. Hopefully he'll comeback and finish his work or else there will be a lot of sad fans

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 07:25:27 »
I heavily recommend watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's on the same level/mentality as One Punch Man.
It can be a little bit slow in the first season because they don't go truly bat**** insane until season two.
| ISO |

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:16:19 »
Only read the manga, but the anime actually looks really good!

I haven't watched any good anime in years - usually just stick to the manga because I'm a sucker for fast development.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:27:12 »
Only read the manga, but the anime actually looks really good!

I haven't watched any good anime in years - usually just stick to the manga because I'm a sucker for fast development.

Yeah, I only watch the anime so I can do things while I work. You should check out the anime

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:29:32 »
I LIKE FAIRY TAIL MORE

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:19:00 »
I heavily recommend watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's on the same level/mentality as One Punch Man.
It can be a little bit slow in the first season because they don't go truly bat**** insane until season two.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:27:58 »
I am in love :)

Spoiler alert
More
Killer Move: Serious Series..... Serious Punch

Offline mauri

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:32:25 »
'T was great I think there have been three anime this year that I spent every week waiting for; one punch man, haikyuu S2 and food wars.

It's gonna be a few years til season 2 :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:35:01 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:34:35 »

I LIKE FAIRY TAIL MORE

I LIKE RAVE MASTER MORE

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 10:03:57 »

Genos will also be getting made too :)

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 10:38:36 »
Show Image

did YOU make that?????  ^-^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 15:09:14 »
Idk guys, just read chapter 1 and 2.   Not super good like you guys are saying.  Is this one of those that require like 10-20 chapters to get into

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:44:19 »
Idk guys, just read chapter 1 and 2.   Not super good like you guys are saying.  Is this one of those that require like 10-20 chapters to get into

Why waste your precious time reading when you can just watch the anime..

Offline raymogi

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:46:02 »
Just downloaded the anime 1-12. Will be watching on the plane tomorrow :D
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:46:22 »

Maybe it's just not your thing? Give it another few chapters. If not, oh well, you tried :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:46:58 »
I found volumes 2 and 3 at Barnes n noble today, haven't looked online though.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:50:49 »
Just downloaded the anime 1-12. Will be watching on the plane tomorrow :D

You will not regret this.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:39:32 »
'T was great I think there have been three anime this year that I spent every week waiting for; one punch man, haikyuu S2 and food wars.

Show Image

It's gonna be a few years til season 2 :(

I like you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:48:52 »

Maybe it's just not your thing? Give it another few chapters. If not, oh well, you tried :)

as suggested by 8bitcartoon-  i will dl the anime,  see how that goes.. 

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:51:09 »

http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/ONEPUNCHMAN

Just try 5 episodes.. If you don't find enjoyment after the 5th episode I will be surprised.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:04:32 »
Wasn't sure I'd like it after the first episode(seemed too much like DBZ), but after a few I was hooked.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:37:10 »

http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/ONEPUNCHMAN

Just try 5 episodes.. If you don't find enjoyment after the 5th episode I will be surprised.

I am currently watching episode 2 at double speed..  animation is very good.. and I think since there's not alot of deep plot, I can watch it more quickly ..

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:38:41 »
Show Image

I seriously need it to be 12" tall, so I can make a diorama

Saitama punch vs Superman punch
fist to fist

that's gonna be awesome

Offline Delirious

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:47:09 »
It's a parody to all the long drawn-out fights that plague popular Shonen Jumps and One Punch Man turns out to be good. Definitely a refreshing take on manga.

P.S. Fairy Tail is a horrible fan-service fest.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:47:47 »
For the past few years, animes simply can't hack it with me.....used to follow Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden religiously but my interest sorta tapered off like a couple of years back. Since then, I've had no real interest in any anime series, sure I'd catch an episode or a few of some random series (like One Piece, Fairy Tail or the like) but absolutely NONE has captured my interest. I used to live for anime series, but that spark had long died out. Then, along came OPM and my interest in anime has been revitalized. Unlike the typical Shounen story, like Naruto who started out weak and became the strongest, OPM started out with a character who absolutely owns ALL others. The challenge for our hero, Saitama, is to find an opponent who's truly worthy of challenging him.....

Hell, I've gone back to my collection of anime to revisit them, and I'm on the lookout for newer series that might spark an interest in me. I'm praying feverishly for Season 2 of OPM to be confirmed and done......

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:34:07 »
I am on episode 7..

Sorry I doubted you guys.. This is indeed wonderfully refreshing..

Please hit me with more reccomendations..

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:36:32 »
I am on episode 7..

Show Image

Glad to hear it
If you haven't watched it. Hunter x Hunter might be the best place to go. Should be on netfilx, it's long, but it's damn good.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:51:00 »
For the past few years, animes simply can't hack it with me.....used to follow Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden religiously but my interest sorta tapered off like a couple of years back. Since then, I've had no real interest in any anime series, sure I'd catch an episode or a few of some random series (like One Piece, Fairy Tail or the like) but absolutely NONE has captured my interest. I used to live for anime series, but that spark had long died out. Then, along came OPM and my interest in anime has been revitalized. Unlike the typical Shounen story, like Naruto who started out weak and became the strongest, OPM started out with a character who absolutely owns ALL others. The challenge for our hero, Saitama, is to find an opponent who's truly worthy of challenging him.....

Hell, I've gone back to my collection of anime to revisit them, and I'm on the lookout for newer series that might spark an interest in me. I'm praying feverishly for Season 2 of OPM to be confirmed and done......
It's not outright confirmed but the creator said he would work hard to make it happen on twitter, and with the popularity it has I don't think getting a season 2 made will be a problem. It'll probably be a bit before it gets released as always with anime though.

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:56:51 »

It's not outright confirmed but the creator said he would work hard to make it happen on twitter, and with the popularity it has I don't think getting a season 2 made will be a problem. It'll probably be a bit before it gets released as always with anime though.

That's Murata's twitter, right?  He's doing the illustrations for the remake of ONE's webcomic for serialization, but I'm not sure how far ahead the webcomic is compared to where the anime ended (Not reading the manga/webcomic yet)

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 02:20:48 »

That's Murata's twitter, right?  He's doing the illustrations for the remake of ONE's webcomic for serialization, but I'm not sure how far ahead the webcomic is compared to where the anime ended (Not reading the manga/webcomic yet)
The manga is on chapter 86 and the anime ended around 37, and yea that Muratas twitter.

Others
More

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 02:33:37 »
I am on episode 7..

Show Image

Glad to hear it
If you haven't watched it. Hunter x Hunter might be the best place to go. Should be on netfilx, it's long, but it's damn good.

+1, my fav!

Also like one piece and kenshin!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:22:55 »
I am on episode 7..

Show Image

Tp how about sword art online? I love it but only the first season, second is meh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 05:01:50 »
I am on episode 7..

Show Image

Tp how about sword art online? I love it but only the first season, second is meh

Contrary to popular belief, I do not live under a rock, no matter how much I'd like to...

I've seen... SOME of these popular animes..

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 07:00:32 »
Show Image

did YOU make that?????  ^-^
Nah its from a company called Goodsmile company they make little chibi figures called Nendoroids and he will be getting released early next year :X

@jokrik and @tp4tissue you should both go watch Sword Art Abridged by SWAbridged its 10x better than the actual show and Kirito is a real **** as he should be, best line by far Kirito in response to someone being killed in a safezone "He's not dying...He's suffering" best abridged series ever, bar helsing abridged :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More