Author Topic: Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice  (Read 185762 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 20:45:58 »
It's the standard D2fc or a slightly altered version, Microsoft did similar years ago. From what I saw it seems MS basically just had them up the lifespan, which is what we all use now.

You want the 75gram version.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | HMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)

Offline sdmf74

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 06:51:44 »
Thanks for the reply guys! Can you elaborate on why the 75g's, Ill check out that link  :thumb:

Oh did I see someone posted a pic and another discussed Kailh & gateron mouse switches? I would be interested in
more info on those and a purchase link or heads up.

Jeez I hope I dont have to keep doing these post verifications for every post for ever  :confused:
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 06:55:11 by sdmf74 »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 07:14:50 »
Because you don't want a 150g switch on your mouse.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/hand milled Vortex case, custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, sound dampened,  Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs | HMMK TKL | Magicforce 68 | YMDK75 | KBT Race S L.E. | Das Pro (Costar model) | GH60 | IBM Model M (x2)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 10:39:56 »
Because you don't want a 150g switch on your mouse.

Well, some pro gamers use it, because they play with a lift off technique where they swipe and lift the mouse when they get wide.

The heavier switch helps prevent accidental triggering when the mouse air-drops.

Obviously, if a person doesn't need this function, they wouldn't want heavier switches.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 21:15:09 »
I thought about putting one in the right side of my G900 as it's just ridiculously sensitive, but 150g is a heck of a lot and woudl be even worse on a mouse using hinges.

I've done the lift, never had an issue with false clicks. G900 is the only mouse I've had this issue with and it happens at rest.

Offline chrisdewit

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 23:15:29 »
Hi everyone. I found this thread some time back when I was researching what I was sure was a micro switch failure on my Corsair M65. This thread helped me find the switch I wanted and move forward on my repair.

I made a write up about it and threw it up on Imgur.

Thanks for having this thread up.

https://imgur.com/a/SYoRHGR

Also I found this PDF in the process. Check out Page 6 for a laugh.

http://en.chanlin-ele.com/Uploads/201601/568ce2c9eeda4.pdf

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 02:29:48 »
Guide updated for 2020.
Added info from chrisdewit and Keebon, corrected some other info and tried to make it a bit faster for those just wanting quick answers.

My current advice.
D2F-F or D2F-01-F (in that order) if you want the better sealed Japanese switch which happens to be 75gram (yes, it's stiffer) or if you still want a 60gram switch stick with the D2FC-F-K. Avoid every other D2FC, they just don't work well in modern mice. All are out of the recommended operating range but they are a lot closer than then the common D2FC (the K may or may not be as good as the Japanese D2F).

G900/903 owners (and those having accidental clicks), switch to the Japanese switches, it really helped me with that problem by adding just a bit more resistance.