Author Topic: 'Go kill yourself'  (Read 7285 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
'Go kill yourself'
« on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 20:50:34 »
I remember a time when this was as innocuous as any other insult people would sling around. Now people act like it's a real suggestion, as if the power of a stranger's words could force you into carrying out a heinous act. Maybe it's this whole trigger culture we live in nowadays that younger folks are so soft they cannot take an insult and take offense to even the most ridiculously extreme insult, or perhaps I am a dying breed that clings to offensive humor as a last bastion of free speech and I just don't have the emotional capacity to understand empathy.

I dunno, I guess I just worry that some people can hear a personal insult and just shrug it off, and there are others that think it is a legitimate crime you should go to jail for. Where is the middle ground?

Of course I am using the insult 'go kill yourself' as an extreme example... or is it not extreme at all? I can't even ****ing tell anymore.

Offline pr0ximity

Re: 'Go kill yourself'
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:09:00 »
The world's not black and white, and the actions you take affect everyone differently.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:13:19 »
Noisy turtle,  we are no glorious members of society.

The hallmark of humanity's superiority over animals is Control over base instincts.

Emotional outbursts, humor, unmitigated pointless commenting is not an exercise of will power, it is the opposite.

There's no right or wrong,  but You've put certain things on a pedestal which should not be there.

Tp4 personally am no better than you,   but Tp4 am aware that what Tp4 is and does is most often ridiculous. Tp4 haz no delusions about that.

To say that clinging to offensive humor is free speech and that it makes you a hero is delusional.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:22:55 »
I just feel like as a society we are losing site of long term goals for really petty stuff. So many people these days want to label themselves for some reason, maybe to find an identity or feel like they belong to a group or whatever, but it's causing everyone to get really segregated which is kinda ironic since one of the overarching themes pc people seem to speak on is acceptance. Everyone is so busy pointing fingers and being victims we are fighting ourselves and slowing down the progression towards a better society.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:23:29 »
Noisy, go kill yourself......by jumping into the girlshark tank.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:24:29 »

Does it have bubble jets?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:25:15 »

Does it have bubble jets?

Rocket powered bubble jets and a hint of jasmine tea.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:49:54 »
Nothing wrong with using the old kill yourself. I think it becomes an issue when people say this constantly to someone who is a regular target of harassment and bullying though.

So to contextualise (i don't even know if this word is appropriate but it sounds smart) some of the people I work with, I regularly suggest that they end their life especially when they greatly **** something that then requires un-****ing. I will also tell them that I am off to end my own life when I **** something. Which to me is perfectly fine. We all have a laugh, I hit them with a ruler, they punch me in the kidneys, we all go to the pub. The end.

What I would not do is berate someone for ****ing things up to the point that they display signs of depression and then start suggesting that they are no good for anything and they should just ****ing commit suicide.

I think the hard focus on effects of bullying etc over past maybe 10-15 years although doing really good things for society has also worked to lower peoples tolerance for verbal insults. Or has planted the seed of thought that anything that you perceive as offensive is a criminal infringement on them. Don't confuse this with me condoning bullying because that is a scummy thing that has cost people their lives. Maybe its just Newton's third law at play.

What I don't get is when I accidentally stumble across one of those videos of United States universities where people are having a public sook about something they perceive to be verbally insulting, but to make their point they are screaming in someones face about it. As far as I am concerned, tone is more offensive than words. I would much rather have someone call me a ****ing piece of **** with a civil tone then for them to get in my face and scream its muffin time. Just seems like the biggest load of contradictory ****.

If you have a problem at work where someone has a cry because you say something mean to them (as long as its not ****ing extreme what you said), its quite simple just don't ever say anything mean to them ever again, don't joke with them or engage them with anything other than a formal tongue. Sit and wait, the minute they come out with a racist, sexist, homophobic, or personal insult jump on it, and they will eventually do it. Then have it dealt with via the companies complaint system. Every time they do it make a complaint. Its not being spiteful its just holding them to the standard of formality that they have set. They made the bed, now they have to sleep in it. It does not mean your a *****, chances are you wont even give a **** about what they said but if they hold everyone around them to some godly formal verbal standard, they too must live by it.

tl;dr people are *****es. be a ****. don't bully, there is a line. Be spiteful.   

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 21:53:26 »
Full disclosure: I'm fairly SJW leaning and have been struggling with depression for a while.

I don't really like "kill yourself" as an insult. I think there are more tasteful/stronger (depends on what you're going for) things one could say to get the same point across.

I've personally never said it unless I was telling someone not to do it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 22:04:51 »
i think i've heard "i'm going to kill myself" far more often than "go kill yourself"

it's honestly pretty scary the amount of times I hear it in a daily basis, and the amount of times I read it in my group chats everyday.

stressful time for high school seniors, knocking on wood that no one's statements hold any true meaning.

**** infuriates me. the other day my favorite teacher had to send some kid to the office for saying he was going to kill himself over a math test.

the same teacher recently lost her brother to suicide and lost her father to suicide in the past.

people don't understand the real effects of their words on the people around them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 22:07:08 »
Full disclosure: I'm fairly SJW leaning and have been struggling with depression for a while.

I don't really like "kill yourself" as an insult. I think there are more tasteful/stronger (depends on what you're going for) things one could say to get the same point across.

I don't understand why people would say such a long insult..

go-kill-yourself..   ffff you is much shorter, and possess equivalent emphasis.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 05:53:30 »
I find the thread title offensive. Please change.
🍉

Online chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 05:55:02 »
It could be worse anyway. Down where I'm from insults are considerably more offensive xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 06:15:11 »
It depends on the context of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wodan

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 06:27:55 »
So if you tell a girl "go eat a D..." you make some guy very happy ?

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 06:37:29 »
I find there is a kind of over sensitivity these days, but I also am understanding of it due to my depression and anxiety. I think the best way to be is determine the range you have with who you are discussing an issue or joking with before any major jokes/insults come out. I say some pretty ****ed things based on where I was raised and find myself biting my tongue quite a bit now a days.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:13:54 »
Yanks can't handle the bants

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:17:30 »

Shut up, you ****. Nobody cares what you think.

:Kappa:
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Online chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:32:25 »
My mate did a postdoc in the US for a year and he said much the same actually, you couldn't even say "****" or "twat" or anything like that without the whole room going silent. He said that swearing was also much less frequent and less colourful.

I experienced much the same when I first came to the UK xD .

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:35:40 »
My mate did a postdoc in the US for a year and he said much the same actually, you couldn't even say "****" or "twat" or anything like that without the whole room going silent. He said that swearing was also much less frequent and less colourful.

Come to the east coast of Canada and will give you British twats a run for your money :p

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:54:42 »
Sure, but it is still a pretty strong remark to make.

I was brought up to never say "hate" unless I meant it.

If you throw such strong and emotionally charged language all freely deely, when you actually want to get a strong point across, no one will take your words seriously.

When people say "I literally HATE everything about broccoli, its so gross, bleh" Then I hear them say "God I HATE my father he treats me so bad"

I don't give two thoughts towards their words. But when someone is conservative with their words and when they actually say "God I HATE my father he is so bad to me." I am actually going to listen and be concerned, as they don't use that word often to describe things.

"Your Words Define You More Than Your Actions"

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 October 2016, 19:01:57 by Bromono »

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 08:00:28 »

If you throw such strong and emotionally charged language all freely deely, when you actually want to get a strong point across, no one will take your words seriously.

When people say "I literally HATE everything about broccoli, its so gross, bleh" Then I hear them say "God I HATE my father he treats me so bad"

I don't give to thoughts towards their words. But when someone is conservative with their words and when they actually say "God I HATE my father he is so bad to me." I am actually going to listen and be concerned, as they don't use that word often to describe things.

Tell my last girlfriend that... "Actions speak louder than words, yanno?" XD

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 08:08:15 »

I don't give to thoughts towards their words. But when someone is conservative with their words and when they actually say "God I HATE my father he is so bad to me." I am actually going to listen and be concerned, as they don't use that word often to describe things.

I always took that quote as, you may say you will do something, but you actually doing it matters more.

Like someone always saying they will lose weight but never try.

where as my quote is more along the line of, your words will be immortalized compared to your actions.

Like many of the notable leaders in our past, people can usually point out who quoted what. but not necessarily know what they actually did.

But seeing how trump can say anything he wants and still is seen as a saint, I will just eat my words. 

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 08:14:23 »

I always took that quote as, you may say you will do something, but you actually doing it matters more.

where as my quote is more along the line of, your words will be immortalized compared to your actions.

Like many of the notable leaders in our past, people can usually point out who quoted what. but not necessarily know what they actually did.

But seeing how trump can say anything he wants and still is seen as a saint, I will just eat my words.

I know, I was just making a joke :p

I can be a **** disturber at times.

Offline Crapbag

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 08:42:58 »
Not funny

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:06:40 »

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:13:43 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:39:50 »
That's a pretty strong phrase to make. I'm sure some people would take it lightly, but not many.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:41:16 »

I think both of your statements are correct, and are not incompatible.

Actions do speak louder than words, but your thoughts and words define who you are on an internal level.

Thoughts lead to actions, which lead to habits, which lead to character.

Online chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 11:19:05 »

Come to the east coast of Canada and will give you British twats a run for your money :p
Where I'm from the equivalent of "**** you" is "die of cancer in your **** face", what do you guys say? :p

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 12:04:38 »
Go play any sort of competitive shooter or moba and you'll see how loosely statements like this are thrown around, it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth whether its directed at me or at someone else.  Maybe I have a problem with taking things people say on the internet too seriously, but you have to wonder about the kind of people who think its okay to toss this kind of language around without any sort of hesitation about how it might be received by the person who its directed towards. 
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 16:14:16 »
Go play any sort of competitive shooter or moba and you'll see how loosely statements like this are thrown around, it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth whether its directed at me or at someone else.  Maybe I have a problem with taking things people say on the internet too seriously, but you have to wonder about the kind of people who think its okay to toss this kind of language around without any sort of hesitation about how it might be received by the person who its directed towards.

Lack of repercussions and face to face interactions brings out the worst in human nature for some people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 18:20:17 »
I think having more life experience makes these kinds of words more impactful.

When you're 12 you learn to say nasty things without realizing or caring about how it may affect someone else. As you grow older you meet more people and learn to put yourselves in their shoes before saying things.

You don't know how my day's going or how my life's going. You don't know if my entire family committed suicide. You don't know if my SO or child committed suicide. How can you just throw an insult like that to someone you don't even know? Yeah, you can call me a **** for being triggered in this hypothetical scenario, but I would have the right to be triggered if I had to suffer through this. 

Similarly, people throw around the word rape very loosely as well. When I was growing up, I didn't really understand the implications of rape, and admittedly used it loosely. After growing up and meeting people who have suffered from it, and seeing how deeply it affected them, I could never use the term loosely again.

Your point about free speech is fine, you can say whatever you want. But we are also free to think of you how we want as well, based on what you say.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 18:26:50 »
Playing such a toxic MOBA game like dota2 you hear the worst insults.

Here's a really bad one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/50hpu6/the_best_insult_ive_read_in_dota_2_recently/d7447nx/

For those who don't want to click to reddit

"I wish your mom stuck with anal because then at least I could understand why you're such a useless piece of ****"
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline iri

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 19:22:33 »

Ah so you are Australian. My apologies :'(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 19:23:52 »
BTW, this very thread is a prime example of "yanks can't handle the bantz".
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 11:11:59 »

It's a very strong insult. Sometimes you need a strong insult. Sometimes "go **** yourself" doesn't convey the level of irritation of the person saying it.

You also need to know your audience.
Jokes and insults are ineffective if the person you hurl them at doesn't understand what you are saying.
So while trying to be tasteful, you could leave the "insultee" wondering what you said. That could work for you if that's what you're aiming for.
For quick immediate insulting, "go kill yourself" is on point.
When "go **** yourself" isn't enough and you don't actually want to beat someone up, "go kill yourself" is on standby.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:27:53 »

It's a very strong insult. Sometimes you need a strong insult. Sometimes "go **** yourself" doesn't convey the level of irritation of the person saying it.

Jokes and insults are ineffective if the person you hurl them at doesn't understand what you are saying.
So while trying to be tasteful, you could leave the "insultee" wondering what you said. That could work for you if that's what you're aiming for.
When "go **** yourself" isn't enough and you don't actually want to beat someone up, "go kill yourself" is on standby.

your post irritates me

obligatory "Go kill yourself"

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:04:24 »

I don't have a problem with phrases like "go kill yourself", whether used as an insult or in jest. I have a dark sense of humor. I don't think any topic is off limits, but it's important to know my audience. I try to be considerate, but I'm also not putting in the effort to avoid offending every last special snowflake out there. If I misjudge my audience and someone calls me out, I'll apologize and avoid certain phrases with said audience. But, it also depends on how these people bring it up. If someone tells me I shouldn't ever use certain words/phrases, I'll immediately dismiss them and say it again out of spite. A rape joke can be funny. A 9/11 joke can be funny. I certainly won't intentionally tell any around rape victims, people who know rape victims, or people who lost loved ones during 9/11, but to say that those jokes can never be funny and should never be told is utter bull****. People who are constantly offended on behalf of other people, can go kill themselves.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 14:06:09 »
I've only heard one person in my life actually use this phrase and she just always said "kill yourself."  Some people find this obnoxious but I'm not offended and find it kind of humorous.

Noisyturtle speaks of how our society is growing increasingly segregated, but I think it's always been like this.  It seems to be human nature unfortunately to cling to those who are similar to you- economically, socially, ethnically; and to lash out against those are different.

In 1st grade we haven't yet learned much about cultural bias, racism, prejudgement etc.  So upper class children play with the poorer children and the black children play with white children.  We do recognize a large difference between boys and girls and there is little interaction.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline Quaranta

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 14:52:11 »
The world's not black and white, and the actions you take affect everyone differently.

Exactly my thought. There's no absolute good or wrong, actions have different effects in different scenarios.

The bully example is a good one. Actions, words, cannot be analyzed by themselves, there's always a background. The message is not what you express, but what is understood (sorry, I mean the intent and the interpretation differ).

Offline Dr_Alphabet

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 18:12:26 »
people are so sensitive to things these days.... some stranger on the internet insults them and they act like they killed their puppy. I don't care what the insult is, it's just random text from some dildo hiding on the other side of anonymity. my friends insult each other all the time and nothing is off limits. the more insulting the better tbh. it's funny because I find that I censor myself way more on the internet than in real life because I fell like I'm going to trigger an avalanche of butt hurt at the drop of an insult. so yea, go kill yourself ...mild insult at best.
Look at me. Look at me. Look what I can do. I'm amazing - Peter Gabriel

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 20:15:31 »
And context is super important as well. You could take a comedian doing a bit about dead kids completely out of context, just playing the 10 second clip where they talk about raping and murdering children and sensationalize the **** out of it in the media and there will be no end to the torches and pitchforks. If you actually expand upon that clip and capture the feel of the room, the mood of the audience, and the context of the bit you might think it was the funniest most insightful thing you have ever heard.

Offline E3E

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 05:52:14 »
IT'S MUFFIN TIME YOU MOTHER****ER

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 09:04:46 »
IT'S MUFFIN TIME YOU MOTHER****ER

Triggered

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 14:49:47 »
Yet you flip out when we state you never secret Santa'd

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 15:07:54 »
I've known a few people that have killed themselves or tried to kill themselves.  When they are gone, it is sad.  That's why I would never use this sort of insult.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 15:10:23 »

See that's very different, that is a direct personal statement meant to elicit a reaction out of a single individual, not a general statement that may or may not apply to those within earshot. It's like if I brought up giving homeless people handjobs under the Queensborough Bridge you might take offense since you know that is what you choose to do, but if I generalized the statement saying "I bet there's a lot of folks who prostitute themselves for crack money" then I could be referring to any 'ol dirty-kneed crack addict.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 15:37:28 »

See that's very different, that is a direct personal statement meant to elicit a reaction out of a single individual, not a general statement that may or may not apply to those within earshot. It's like if I brought up giving homeless people handjobs under the Queensborough Bridge you might take offense since you know that is what you choose to do, but if I generalized the statement saying "I bet there's a lot of folks who prostitute themselves for crack money" then I could be referring to any 'ol dirty-kneed crack addict.

Someone is triggerd.....

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 16:45:58 »

I'd rather say something that someone will stew over and try to decipher rather than just say 'FU' or 'go kill yourself' 
Chris Schammert