Author Topic: Dieting, Gym, and Training.  (Read 47532 times)

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
Re: Dieting, Gym, and Training.
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:10:53 »
keyboard forum is best forum for great fitness and diet advice.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:15:49 »
Dieting, gym, training.....that's all for losers! I diet on potato chips while sitting in front of the computer, training others in the fine arts of using Windows.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:18:23 »
Dieting, gym, training.....that's all for losers! I diet on potato chips while sitting in front of the computer, training others in the fine arts of using Windows.

Eye musculature is KEY...

This is how I train..  

I just squint like this REALLY HARD... 5 Reps 10 sets

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:44:27 »
I thought finger muscles would be more apt for this forum ...

Except that there are no muscles in the hands at all, they are all in the lower arm connected to fingers with tendons through the carpal tunnel.

Edit: Fixed
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2013, 13:33:16 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:17:21 »
I thought finger muscles would be more apt for this forum ...

Except that there are no fingers in the hands at all, they are all in the lower arm connected to fingers with tendons through the carpal tunnel.

There are no fingers in the hands, huh?

(I know what you mean, though)

Offline belac

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:27:01 »
... training others in the fine arts of using Windows.
That is the toughest workout of all! Talk about trying to get the human body to try and accept something unnatural...

Offline belac

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:33:02 »
Well I'm not from the US and it is a researched fact that dairy products to a certain degree are healthy, sure if he's taking supplements then fine, but I personally like to get my vitamins, minerals and fats from actual food, not pills.
It is also a "researched fact" that the "benefits" provided by dairy are better obtained from other sources which have been shown to have less negative impact on the body.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:45:11 »
Well I'm not from the US and it is a researched fact that dairy products to a certain degree are healthy, sure if he's taking supplements then fine, but I personally like to get my vitamins, minerals and fats from actual food, not pills.
It is also a "researched fact" that the "benefits" provided by dairy are better obtained from other sources which have been shown to have less negative impact on the body.

source?

Offline belac

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:03:43 »

source?
Show Image

Google, pub med, documentaries, anecdotal evidence, empirical evidence, common sense, personal experience, etc. There's no shortage of sources for those that look.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:05:57 »

source?
Show Image

Google, pub med, documentaries, anecdotal evidence, empirical evidence, common sense, personal experience, etc. There's no shortage of sources for those that look.

So... you made it up...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:09:56 »
I'm at the gym right now! :) still can't pry me from technology even when I'm out lol.. Those questioning the low dairy / dairy free diet. Try it if youd like! I've lost a lot of weight.

Offline belac

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:31:56 »

source?
Show Image

So... you made it up...
Show Image

I see you have the literary equivalent of selective hearing. for that, i will steal your emoticon

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:39:35 »

source?
Show Image

So... you made it up...
Show Image

I see you have the literary equivalent of selective hearing. for that, i will steal your emoticon
Show Image

I've got 100s of them.. you can't steal them all...

Offline belac

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 21:50:13 »

source?
Show Image

So... you made it up...
Show Image

Show Image

I've got 100s of them.. you can't steal them all...
Show Image

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 02:30:42 »
I'm at the gym right now! :) still can't pry me from technology even when I'm out lol.. Those questioning the low dairy / dairy free diet. Try it if youd like! I've lost a lot of weight.

My diet consists of dairy products for the most part, but I have quite the opposite "problem". I'd like to *gain* weight.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 02:32:11 »

My diet consists of dairy products for the most part, but I have quite the opposite "problem". I'd like to *gain* weight.

You can eat lots of carbs and take protein with high carb in it most are called weight gainers.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 03:25:13 »
Yeah, that's the problem. I'm one of those people who prefer actual food... but looking at the other recommendations... well, I already eat most of that. Except peanut butter, because it's disgusting IMHO.

Offline iri

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 09:15:16 »

late suppers, sweet food and high starch products are your friends then.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 09:51:22 »

late suppers

That's what I already do. Actually, I've been doing it for ages.

sweet food and high starch products are your friends then.

I eat that as well.

I mean, about a half of my family is fat... not two-seats-wide-American obese, but definitely fat. I eat much more then they do, but I'm still under 65 kg. I have absolutely no problem with a 0.5kg real yoghurt for breakfast, huge dinner at 9 pm, midnight snacks consisting of cakes,...

Offline iri

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:19:24 »
it was my style of eating in past times. i was 185/65. then i gave up smoking and gained 18 kgs in seven months. now i have to be concerned about what i'm eating :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:28:39 »
Hmmm... I can't give up smoking, because I don't smoke.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:40:26 »

You can eat lots of carbs and take protein with high carb in it most are called weight gainers.

these mostly make you FAT...

Offline Malphas

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:59:22 »

No differently from how any other source of excess calories will make you fat. It shows a lack of understanding of how the metabolic systems work if you think some sources of calories are more likely to make you fat than others. It's ultimately very simple; the body will treat all excess calories more or less the same, regardless of the source - a proportion will be used to increase your amount of muscle depending on genetics, exercise, age, hormones (including ancillary steroids), etc. and the rest will be stored as subcutaneous fat. Your entire musculature is constantly being broken down and rebuilt based on your existing protein intake, so the notion that you have to increase your protein consumption massively in order to gain significant amounts of muscle is a myth primarily used to sell protein supplements.

It is true that generally people get fat on weight gainers, but that's because either a) they don't care and just want to put on weight without too much concern over whether it's adipose tissue or muscle; or b) a misunderstanding of the rate the body can create new muscle, and the factors involved.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:05:14 »

No differently from how any other source of excess calories will make you fat. It shows a lack of understanding of how the metabolic systems work if you think some sources of calories are more likely to make you fat than others. It's ultimately very simple; the body will treat all excess calories more or less the same, regardless of the source - a proportion will be used to increase your amount of muscle depending on genetics, exercise, age, hormones (including ancillary steroids), etc. and the rest will be stored as subcutaneous fat. Your entire musculature is constantly being broken down and rebuilt based on your existing protein intake, so the notion that you have to increase your protein consumption massively in order to gain significant amounts of muscle is a myth primarily used to sell protein supplements.

It is true that generally people get fat on weight gainers, but that's because either a) they don't care and just want to put on weight without too much concern over whether it's adipose tissue or muscle; or b) a misunderstanding of the rate the body can create new muscle, and the factors involved.

Didn't read...

They make you fat..

Offline Malphas

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:23:03 »
Care to explain why that is? Oh wait, you don't actually know because you're painfully ill-informed, generally lacking in intelligence, and the forum joke.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:32:57 »
Care to explain why that is? Oh wait, you don't actually know because you're painfully ill-informed, generally lacking in intelligence, and the forum joke.

didn't read...

They're making people fat..

Offline Malphas

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:36:01 »
Food (which included weight gainers) makes people fat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:44:04 »
Food (which included weight gainers) makes people fat.

Whatever you keep typing.. I can only guess.. since I did not read it.. I only hope it's not something indirectly racist,  given your remarks in the past..

Again.. meal replacements are mostly simple carbs, and they generally make people fat..

Offline iri

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:47:53 »
again, tp4tissue should be blindfolded with a string.

Mod edit: user was muted for this post
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:13:14 by hashbaz »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 16:06:53 »

I can tell you really want to be added to the Racist Bigot list like Malphas...

I would've thought you'd at least come up with a more original entry quote.

Offline iri

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 16:18:30 »
but blatant racists never want to be original, innit?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Malphas

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 16:20:54 »
Go cry yourself to sleep tp, instead of pretending not to read my posts whilst frantically making pitiful rebuttals to them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 16:26:16 »
Go cry yourself to sleep tp, instead of pretending not to read my posts whilst frantically making pitiful rebuttals to them.

didn't read..

the meal replacements make people fat.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 17:14:56 »
That is all very true, the weight gainers work if you're working out the right muscle groups the right way each week and taking the correct intake of protein and carbs to your body weight. If you don't care to read it then don't comment.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 17:19:17 »
That is all very true, the weight gainers work if you're working out the right muscle groups the right way each week and taking the correct intake of protein and carbs to your body weight. If you don't care to read it then don't comment.

My comment to iri and malphas is completely out of my distaste for their existence, as they are terrible human beings..

My point on the supplements is that muscle gain is 5lbs-10lbs per year no matter what you do..

Most of the time, people on the weight-gainers / meal-replacements just gain a bit of fat in a short time, and they think, wow I'm 5lb m0re of beef cake...

While that couldn't be further from the truth.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:15:30 »

Mod edit: user was muted for this post

Just a heads up that even what one might call mild racial insults are out of bounds.  We can discuss racism and race-related public policy here, and get heated with each other, and even accuse each other of racism.  All that is fine.  But personal comments like this that reference race in a rude or derogatory way will be moderated strongly.

Offline iri

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 05:57:15 »
today i'm on a "**** you diet" diet with four filled ice creams.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 06:03:26 »
Ice cream is glorious!

Offline dante

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 20:01:28 »
jesus please kill me ...

cheat meal:

[shared] nachos w/ beans, meat, and white/yellow cheese
bowl of pozole
tripas burrito
1/4 ground beef burrito (wife couldn't finish it)
slice of flan
slice of pumpkin cheesecake
2 cannolis

Holy **** I want to die :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #239 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 21:07:25 »
jesus please kill me ...

cheat meal:

[shared] nachos w/ beans, meat, and white/yellow cheese
bowl of pozole
tripas burrito
1/4 ground beef burrito (wife couldn't finish it)
slice of flan
slice of pumpkin cheesecake
2 cannolis

Holy **** I want to die :(

Dante.. The problem is in your mind, not the food itself..

--A "positive" emotional attachment to food..

--An established habit to use Eating as an escape from stress..

This is the typical spiral that some have fallen into which generates the large-body outcome.

You have to analyze in detail your particular situation, and override the reasons behind which you overeat..

Simple will-power to avert yourself from eating is NOT -Enough..  In fact it usually drains you, and further create situations that may stress you towards rebound-eating...

This "cheat meal" idea is exactly that...  you're essentially rubberbanding your eating habits, not "changing them"

Offline dante

« Reply #240 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 21:26:22 »
It's not in my mind: it's according to plan.

I have a cheat meal each week to refill on glucose.  Currently eating twice a day a lean protein + non-starchy vegetables (usually broccoli)

Intermittent fasting between 12pm-7pm and it's working out great!  No more jitters or craving for sugar.  The desserts I did end up having were just 'what the hey' - I definitely could have done without them and will probably never eat sweets again for a while.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 21:36:27 »
It's not in my mind: it's according to plan.

I have a cheat meal each week to refill on glucose.  Currently eating twice a day a lean protein + non-starchy vegetables (usually broccoli)

Intermittent fasting between 12pm-7pm and it's working out great!  No more jitters or craving for sugar.  The desserts I did end up having were just 'what the hey' - I definitely could have done without them and will probably never eat sweets again for a while.

ok.. lets say there's a drug addict trying to quit drugs.. 

he tells himself.. alright, I'm not going to cheat-and-do-drugs  once every month, and stay sober the rest of the time..

10/10 drug addicts fail to abstain, and STAY abstained, by the above method..  This a well documented phenomenon in addiction studies.

This is not to bash your progress..  You're on your way.. that is great.. But having the "cheat-meal" concept "AT-ALL"  is essentially you not-letting-go of food as a vice in your life...

I'm not telling you to stop eating carbs forever,  I'm saying, you have to be careful in rebuilding this "relationship"/ "psychological association" you have with food..

Offline iri

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 17:20:41 »
i've lost 6kg since march the 3rd.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 20:34:20 »
i want to train towards the MS150 next year, since last year I completely blew it off due to work.

I don't even know where to start, other than just riding everyday. I can't get passed the 50 mile mark without almost dying :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 04:10:25 »
read "The Lance Armstrong Performance Program: Seven Weeks to the Perfect Ride" for a start, eat healthy food, ride regularly, sit straight and don't forget to brush your teeth.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 04:20:29 »
Where's the part about doping?

Offline iri

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 05:21:21 »
i've skipped testicle surgery as well.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 05:38:19 »
i've skipped testicle surgery as well.

You have an axe for that, anyway ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:48:43 »
Anybody follow a paleo diet?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:40:17 »
Anybody follow a paleo diet?