Author Topic: Dieting, Gym, and Training.  (Read 47387 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Dieting, Gym, and Training.
« on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:25:17 »
Okay, I made this topic awhile ago.. but I'm too lazy to find it and bump it up so I'll make another one.

I'm thinking of signing up for the MS150 this october and actually doing the 150 miles.. but I need to train and lose weight so I don't die half way there. My longest ride is 50 miles, and it was killer. Granted, I did do it a month after I first started cycling so that probably wasn't smart.

So here I am GH, needing your help on the quickest (and safest) way to lose weight and work out to get stronger (specifically my legs). I have 5 months and a goal of losing 30-35 lbs.

In reddit fashion, explain it like i'm 5 years old. nice and simple. if you have recipes or full meal plans that'd be AWESOME.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: Dieting, Gym, and Training.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:28:35 »
Honestly, its as simple as diet and exercise. I lost almost 50 pounds in 4 months when I had the right motivation.
Looking for CC's!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:29:51 »
motivation.. that is my problem.

that and i think im a food addict. it sucks.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:31:55 »
Yeah I have the same issue. I have the motivation to lift and exercise but I can't seem to get a diet together and stick to the gameplan. Definitely a food addict -_-

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:33:50 »
Helped me a lot getting resources and stuff from :
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:36:23 »
Helped me a lot getting resources and stuff from :
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

ah yes, i have that bookmarked from the other night!

Offline gliy

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:43:01 »

That sucks because losing weight is way more diet based then exercise based :(.
 Also in your post you mention wanting to get stronger but in you reason for doing this you mention 150 mile bike ride which would seem to imply focusing more on endurance then strength, so which one do you want more(they are obviously not mutually exclusive things but you should probably focus on one or the other)?

Offline calavera

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:44:26 »
Just give up. Life's easier that way.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:45:38 »
Hey buddy,

1-food (eat big bfast, medium lunch, lite dinner, cut sugars/fats and carbs unless you are burning the carbs IMMEDIATELY)
2-exercise (definitely don't overdo it, will get hurt/and it's not fun. Slow, steady, planned progression. It helps mentally as well)
3-goalz (you have a big goal, but it helps to have several intermediate goals to mark progression and feel empowered)
4-workout group/partner (time, place, structure, commitment. Girls are the best, for MANY reasons LOL)
5-variety (mix it up, make it fun, it's more than sweat, it's a lifestyle)

A combination of the above...don't go 100% in a different direction than you are...it can be too difficult and demotivating. Keep it fun/enjoyable.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:51:36 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:46:34 »
well, what kills me in my rides is climbing. on flat, i can keep a steady pace of 13-14mph which isnt great, but for how long i've been doing it i dont think it's that bad. but any slight incline and im left behind wanting to throw up.

so whichever covers that (be it strength in my legs or endurance) is what i want. i know losing the weight will help since i won't be moving that much more weight when i climb. but i guess for the ms150, since it's not exactly a race.. i just want the endurance to finish it.

Just give up. Life's easier that way.
you. i like you!

Hey buddy,

1-food (eat big bfast, medium lunch, lite dinner, cut sugars/fats and carbs unless you are burning the carbs IMMEDIATELY)
2-exercise (definitely don't overdo it, will get hurt/and it's not fun. Slow, steady, planned progression. It helps mentally as well)
3-goalz (you have a big goal, but it helps to have several intermediate goals to mark progression and feel empowered)
4-workout group/partner (time, place, structure, commitment. Girls are the best, for MANY reasons LOL)
5-variety (mix it up, make it fun, it's more than sweat, it's a lifestyle)

A combination of the above...don't go 100% in a different direction than you are...it can be too difficult and demotivating. Keep it fun/enjoyable.

1) this is the biggest problem, i know food is 80% of it.. but what the hell do i need to eat!!! i tried counting calories and it was just frustrating as hell.
2) i do mostly cardio as I dont want to exactly be bulk.. but just be fit.
3) ms150 is my goal right now!
4) i wish this could happen. but i dont have anybody to go with, and i get social anxiety at the gym (i usually go around 10pm when nobody is around)
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:49:13 by demik »

Offline calavera

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:50:49 »
It's true, people who exercise living longer.

But that extra time is probably spent in the gym. ;)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:51:46 »
Extra weight is a big problem with activities, it makes the activities much harder and less enjoyable. Stairs are great because you don't beat yourself up jogging, but you are elevating your body weight which burns a lot of calories. Strength training is a great way to convert fat energy into muscle, so it's a great way to lose weight initially. One problem with endurance training early in your training is that it will increase your metabolism and increase your appetite. Perhaps start with strength training and evolve into more endurance as you trim your carcass down to a manageable size :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:52:53 »
I only do light exercise, but I fast for 6-8 hours a day after I wake up. Try fasting; it's the quickest and best way imo :)

Check out this site even if you don't plan to lift - http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:53:25 »
It's true, people who exercise living longer.

But that extra time is probably spent in the gym. ;)

It's not about quantity of life, it's about QUALITY of life.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:54:16 »
Stairs are great because you don't beat yourself up jogging, but you are elevating your body weight which burns a lot of calories.

man, i can do 6 miles at the gym running.. half a mile of stairs and i feel like my heart is going to stop

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:54:25 »
Demmi-

Try different things and find what works for you.

I'd whip your butt into shape pretty damn fast!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:54:38 »

You don't want to complete the race? That should be motivation in itself. Working out is 90%+ mental. If your not into it, it will be hard to get results. You will subconsciously find easier ways to complete the workout.

What works for me and my food addiction is not taking away the food I love, just adding in healthier stuff to my diet. Eventually the healthy stuff will take over. Your body has trouble with cold turkey methods.
Looking for CC's!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:57:02 »

You don't want to complete the race? That should be motivation in itself. Working out is 90%+ mental. If your not into it, it will be hard to get results. You will subconsciously find easier ways to complete the workout.

What works for me and my food addiction is not taking away the food I love, just adding in healthier stuff to my diet. Eventually the healthy stuff will take over. Your body has trouble with cold turkey methods.

yeah but then i get to the point (since i dont know how to cook) that im eating the same stuff over and over again.

Demmi-

yeah but trying stuff is expensive lol.

aside from my bike, the most fun i've had "working out" was doing muay thai.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 22:57:56 »
Don't get too worried about the distance of 150miles, especially if you have 5-6 months ahead of it yet. The MS150 or any of the rides like aren't like any sort of normal individual or group ride you've done. There will be a big break/rest stop every 15-25 miles with more food and crap than you can imagine. Find a group that rides at a similar speed to you and ride together as a group sharing the lead and you'll make it through. Your body will hurt like hell, but you'll get through it

If you want to lose weight and improve your cycling strength & endurance then LSD is what you need to-do on at least 2/3rd of your rides (assuming you are riding at least 3 days a week right now)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:00:12 »
Don't get too worried about the distance of 150miles, especially if you have 5-6 months ahead of it yet. The MS150 or any of the rides like aren't like any sort of normal individual or group ride you've done. There will be a big break/rest stop every 15-25 miles with more food and crap than you can imagine. Find a group that rides at a similar speed to you and ride together as a group sharing the lead and you'll make it through. Your body will hurt like hell, but you'll get through it

If you want to lose weight and improve your cycling strength & endurance then LSD is what you need to-do on at least 2/3rd of your rides (assuming you are riding at least 3 days a week right now)

sadly, im going solo. the one problem i have with group rides is, im either too slow or too fast. i have yet to find that one group that i ride similar to.

and, due to work (and my own laziness) i can only ride once a week (sundays, my day off) but hit the gym daily.

LSD?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:01:18 »
LSD...time to get a bike and start riding

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:02:11 »

ROFL! I would think it would help one not eat as well. I cannot believe no one is mentioning fasting >.>

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:04:09 »

ive been doing it wrong all this time!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:04:33 »

Demmi-

I just posted in another thread that when I was in Thailand I was a pro Muay Thai fan and that it's the most brutal sport I've ever witnessed.

Trying stuff doesn't have to be expensive...just start moving that's the key.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:06:08 by Input Nirvana »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:04:38 »

ROFL! I would think it would help one not eat as well. I cannot believe no one is mentioning fasting >.>

Fasting is ****. I don't need to eat for 12 hours regularly....but the meal after that just kills me. Much easier to eat smaller meals.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:06:27 »

yeah but then i get to the point (since i dont know how to cook) that im eating the same stuff over and over again.

Demmi-

I just posted in another thread that when I was in Thailand I was a pro Muay Thai fan and that it's the most brutal sport I've ever witnessed.

Trying stuff doesn't have to be expensive...just start moving that's the key.
BUT IT'S SO FUN. I got the crap kicked out of me once, and I had a huge smile on my bloody face. I miss going, but I had some financial troubles that made me stop going.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:12:09 »

sadly, im going solo. the one problem i have with group rides is, im either too slow or too fast. i have yet to find that one group that i ride similar to.

and, due to work (and my own laziness) i can only ride once a week (sundays, my day off) but hit the gym daily.

LSD?

try to find another one, maybe one slightly faster than you're used to that has a no drop rule. Find a club though, not a race team type of ride as they are very different. In MN we have biketcbc.org and doing a B or B/C type of ride sounds like a good fit and the nice thing about these sort of clubs is the no drop rule on these level of rides in case you blow up or have a mechanical.

Riding just once a week is going to make it a lot harder, no matter what you are doing on the other days. Can you do a spin class at the gym or put your bike on a trainer at home for other days? I know both options suck compared to riding for real, but its exactly what i'm doing right now.

LSD = Long Slow Distance. Now slow doesn't mean 8mph slow. It means at like 70-80% of your maximum. This sort of ride will help build a base and really help lose the weight. You don't need to kill yourself and not be able to walk to lose weight

that is the opposite of like every fitness book's recommendation in my opinion
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:14:58 »

Of course it is. Think about the world we live in and who's buying those popular fitness books ;)

Humans in hunter/gatherer societies didn't eat when they first got up, they had to go run around and find food. Animals also eat way after they get up, so I don't see why it wouldn't make sense for us to do the same. Anyway, I stick by fasting because it works for me, but I do agree that it may not work for everyone. I just feel it's often overlooked. Most of my guy friends who do heavy lifting, go to the gym without anything in their stomach and they're the leanest people I know.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:23:15 by Jocelyn »

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:21:52 »
Hi, I am far from an expert, and I am not in that good a shape myself (but working on it right now, I have a 23 km run of mix running and bike in 2 weeks lol), but here are the best recommendations I can give you based on my experience and knowledge:

1. Don't do a real diet  to lose weight. What you should do is only to eat healthy things as much as you can and cut the obvious sources of extremes fat/sugar (you know them, but basically fried stuff, rich sauces, meat with too much fat and things with a lot of sugar). BUT, eat pretty much as much as you want without exaggerating, and maybe try to lower that amount a little but do not get hungry. If you are hungry, try to fill yourself with vegetables and fruits (fresh/raw if possible). Anyway, if you want to lose weight on a 5 months objective, the best is to go slowly, else it's bad for your body. The best way to do that is to cook yourself, eat as much fruit and vegetables as you can and do the obvious. For example, I replaced most of the red meat I eat with horse meat because it's much healthier. You can also try to eat more rice, quinoa, etc., they taste good if cooked well! Also, after a training, drink a small chocolate milk (just after). It gives back to your body some sugar and proteins. There are other stuff that can do the job, but chocolate milk is easy to find and a good one. You should drink it max 15 min after a workout.

2. Train everyday or almost if you can. In the end, the more you train the easier it gets. It's all in our head that it is difficult, not on the body (well maybe a  little for the first week). I KNOW that it is hard to get motivated to the point to actually do it, but the best way that I found to train on a regular basis is to simply make it a routine and force yourself to keep it a routine. Force yourself at the beginning, then set yourself objectives and force yourself to achieve these objectives. Like I said, it's all in the head since you will find quite fast that at the end of a training you feel quite great. If I was you, I would use this MS150 as your main focus and force yourself to slightly increase your training everyday (I started with only 20 minutes of stationary bike and now I do more than an hour, after a few weeks, and I had harder weeks). Perseverance is the key.

3. If you want to train your muscles to be good at something, the best way is to do that something. So basically, if you want to be good at climbing with you bike, well climb with your bike as often as you can. The reason is quite simple: You body will develop your muscles in response to their usage AND you will also develop your nerves in an optimistic way for the movements you do and THAT is more important than your muscle mass. Ever seen a culturist swimming? It would be too funny  :p. For sure you could also do some gym training to complement your bike training and help develop your muscle, but I would focus first on training with you bike and train in a gym as a complement if you want it.

Hoping it will help you! Good luck with this MS150!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:29:26 by JPG »
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:25:39 »

Of course it is. Think about the world we live in and who's buying those popular fitness books ;)
yea I agree with your comment there about who's buying most of those books and them being worthless.

I'm just saying that specifically relating to the cycling & weight loss goals demik has, that especially on ride day or day after, that fasting would be a bad idea and negatively impact his goals.
I
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:33:18 »

LSD?

try to find another one, maybe one slightly faster than you're used to that has a no drop rule. Find a club though, not a race team type of ride as they are very different. In MN we have biketcbc.org and doing a B or B/C type of ride sounds like a good fit and the nice thing about these sort of clubs is the no drop rule on these level of rides in case you blow up or have a mechanical.

Riding just once a week is going to make it a lot harder, no matter what you are doing on the other days. Can you do a spin class at the gym or put your bike on a trainer at home for other days? I know both options suck compared to riding for real, but its exactly what i'm doing right now.

LSD = Long Slow Distance. Now slow doesn't mean 8mph slow. It means at like 70-80% of your maximum. This sort of ride will help build a base and really help lose the weight. You don't need to kill yourself and not be able to walk to lose weight

im in a club (velo pasadena FO LIFE!) but.. everybody is a ton faster than me lol. LSD is pretty much what im doing right now. i try to add 5-6 miles more from my previous rides. and again, due to my work schedule i can't do a ton of crap since most spin classes are early in the morning and i tend to hit the gym at 9-10pm. a trainer could work.. if i had the cash to buy one. i guess ill just have to stop making excuses for myself and ride as soon as i get out of work, no matter where im at.

thanks jpg!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:50:22 »
I know this sounds cheeky, but contact local universities and high schools. A lot of them have free trainers to the community if you ask, worst they can say is no. Personally, I consume a LOT of food and don't work for it to come off, but I'm sure that will change.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 23:52:39 »
^^^ good post by JPG

If you're able to add 5-6miles more distance from each previous ride, then you likely aren't going hard/fast enough to begin with.

you are right that bike trainers are expensive. Maybe try to find a used kurt kinetic fluid trainer locally, or borrow one from another club member who wouldn't be using it in the summer time. Try to avoid a magnetic or wind one as they almost all suck
I have a 10-12 year old one of this model and it still works perfectly to this day (just used it tonight)
http://www.kurtkinetic.com/road-machine-p-198-l-en.html
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:02:48 »
Ok, STOP the un-realism NOW... losing 5lbs per month is like... Getting diabetes... or Dieing of some serious disease... like the plague

You should slowly lose weight at 2lbs per month... This way, you will not burn muscle, and will instead be gaining muscle..

I also do not recommending bike riding or any form of exercise that requires significant investment in "TIME"

Sooner or later you'll get bored, and there is then a larger chance you'll say Fvkk it, and turn towards the path of the pudge again..

Losing weight and reshaping is about changing your relationship with food,  balancing your life to suit "MODERNITY", and to not be held by and actively reassess deep seated conventions.

First, relationship with food..   You put it in the mouth because it makes you live. Devoid all emotional attachment.. Yes each time you eat something, you might remember your loving mother cooking it for you... That is a wonderful sentiment, however, if you mother made you cake and cookies all the time, and you're gigantic,, you can see how something like emotion is KILLING YOU..

Balancing Life with Modernity...   Let's face it, we sit ALL DAY, we HAVE TO,  it's more EFFICIENT, this is just how it must be..  How much exercise and nourishment do we really "NEED" to be in sync with this neo-century...   I am 132lbs, I eat ~1700 calories each day, exercise for 30mins  3x a week... THAT"S it,   every other moment is spent in a wheeled computer chair.... :D

Deep Seated Conventions...   3 meals a day... doesn't make any sense... if you feel hungry... EAT... if you're not hungry and see a cup-cake, DO NOT EAT IT.... no matter how much it "calls to you"...    3 meals a day was created to balance a lifestyle that required hard-physical labor..  This is not our lifestyle.. and our feeding schedule should change to reflect that...   

^^ this is just one example of food conventions that may need to be modified to "fit your lifestyle"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:10:00 »
i enjoy cycling, why would i get bored of it? it takes my mind off a ton of stuff and i get to see different places every time i go out.

if anything, the only thing that bores me is going to the gym.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:12:55 »
i enjoy cycling, why would i get bored of it? it takes my mind off a ton of stuff and i get to see different places every time i go out.

if anything, the only thing that bores me is going to the gym.

You will get bored, because it is too time consuming for modernity, violating my rule 2.. BALANCE.. ^^ i've modified my post above

You have alot of **** to do, and there are many many more exciting prospects...  Exercise for the sake of exercise is just plain stupid.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:14:57 »
you must have missed the part where i said i enjoy it because it clears my mind.

it's only until now that i've really looked at it as exercise.. and that's only because i want to finish the ms150.

the one thing i agree with u is changing my relationship with food.

Offline JPG

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:15:22 »
Ok, STOP the un-realism NOW... losing 5lbs per month is like... Getting diabetes... or Dieing of some serious disease... like the plague

You should slowly lose weight at 2lbs per month... This way, you will not burn muscle, and will instead be gaining muscle..

I also do not recommending bike riding or any form of exercise that requires significant investment in "TIME"

Sooner or later you'll get bored, and there is then a larger chance you'll say Fvkk it, and turn towards the path of the pudge again..

I agree that losing too much weight too fast is bad. I am no expert, so I don't know what is "too much", but if you eat well and lose weight by training you should be fine.

I disagree with the TIME thing. In my opinion, the most important thing is to do something YOU LIKE. That way, you will keep doing it. I don't know the weather where Demik lives, but if it's nice most of the year, why not go outside for a ride when he can? First, once you're outside on your bike your gone for your ride. You WILL have the motivation to continue. The hard part is to start, not to continue. Also, running/riding is MUCH harder in real conditions, so it's good to do that as much as you can. Doing it inside is still a very good option and WAY better than not doing it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:16:24 »

I agree that losing too much weight too fast is bad. I am no expert, so I don't know what is "too much", but if you eat well and lose weight by training you should be fine.

I disagree with the TIME thing. In my opinion, the most important thing is to do something YOU LIKE. That way, you will keep doing it. I don't know the weather where Demik lives, but if it's nice most of the year, why not go outside for a ride when he can? First, once you're outside on your bike your gone for your ride. You WILL have the motivation to continue. The hard part is to start, not to continue. Also, running/riding is MUCH harder in real conditions, so it's good to do that as much as you can. Doing it inside is still a very good option and WAY better than not doing it.
im in los angeles, so yeah, 90% of the time it's nice weather.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:16:42 »
Look at biking "This way"

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

Your Brain implicitly calculates all the " FUN " you have biking and weighs it against the Cost...  EVENTUALLY, you will feel the irk that the cost is NOT worth the  " FUN " once the novelty wears off. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:18:04 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

i look at biking this way.

"getting out of the house and enjoying myself and what's ahead"

what you said is how i see the gym. as just a routine.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:19:11 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

Your Brain implicitly calculates all the " FUN " you have biking and weighs it against the Cost...  EVENTUALLY, you will feel the irk that the cost is NOT worth the  " FUN " once the novelty wears off. 

HOw you see it now is not a predictor of how you'll see it in the future.. HOWEVER the COSTS to the event will predict how you see it..

Offline JPG

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:19:22 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

TP4, I think your next step should be to write a song about training, film yourself singing it, and share it with us so we can have a good time.  :p

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:20:52 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

HOw you see it now is not a predictor of how you'll see it in the future.. HOWEVER the COSTS to the event will predict how you see it..

What the eff are you doing?

The man is asking for help to complete a significant goal and you're trying to tell him all the reasons he shouldn't?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:21:21 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

so, i should stop riding because i might, one day, in the far future, maybe... not like it anymore?

why even get out of the house then with that mentality?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:22:23 »

Put on pants

Put on shirt

Put on Helmet

Rig bike

Take bike outside

Get on bike

Ride bike

Ride bike back

Put bike back

Rinse water bottle

Take cloths off

Shower

Put cloths in laundry

TP4, I think your next step should be to write a song about training, film yourself singing it, and share it with us so we can have a good time.  :p

Below is what my body looks like... that is 3x 30min workout per week , THE END.... 

Remember the results is the only thing that matters. as it is the ONLY thing you'll see... your so called "Journey" will always in your mind be calculated as COST.... and if you don't REDUCE that cost to balance with your RESULTS, your mind will say, Fvk you, and you'll give up

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:22:35 »
By that logic, TP4 never leaves his house because things could get boring, hence his persistent trolling. :))

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:24:17 »
  You have posted a picture of your face on the forum while clothed, but when the nipples come out, you get shy and obfuscate it?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:24:50 »
By that logic, TP4 never leaves his house because things could get boring, hence his persistent trolling. :))

That's not what i'm trying to convey..

I'm an trying to point out that people who put in SIGNIFICANT investment of time into their bodies eventually HAVE to give it up, because it will become inconsistent with retained benefits...

I maintain my body with the LEAST necessary input of time...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 00:25:19 »
  You have posted a picture of your face on the forum while clothed, but when the nipples come out, you get shy and obfuscate it?

No these are old pictures from a couple years ago.. when I was in college, and could get beat up by rivals..  :))