Author Topic: Dieting, Gym, and Training.  (Read 47385 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Dieting, Gym, and Training.
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:46:58 »
Concentration camps. Offer a successful diet and work (out). Losing weight guaranteed.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 17:36:03 »
I need to put weight on hah, I am just eating as much as possible, drinking shakes, going to the gym five times a week. I only weigh about 160, I want to get up to at least 180.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Malphas

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:38:26 »
Paleo diets are an incredibly misguided concept, that limits your variety of foods completely unnecessarily and fails to take account of different haplogroups, neolithic genetic adaptations, gut flora evolution, etc.

Offline dante

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:47:17 »
I'm still experimenting with what works for me...

My diet is like ...

Mostly Vegetables - right around 90%
Occasional Seafood (Usually Nigiri Sushi)
No Dairy
No Pork
No Poultry
No Beef except for occasionally Liver (B12 refill)
No Grains except White Rice (once in a while Nigiri Sushi)
Limited fruits (I prefer Bananas and Apples - staying away from those binge forming Medjool Dates)
Water as my only beverage.

Right now I've got these foods down and am now experimenting with different Herbs.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:54:19 »
There's no real reason to exclude pork or beef, but omitting them won't do any harm either. Liver is probably the second most beneficial thing you can eat after oily fish, so if that's in your diet you don't need to worry to much about eating red meat. You could probably do with more fat.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 12:29:09 »
I do crossfit, but for some reason some people are completely against it. Super tough workouts, everyone does the same thing for time. Spicy.

I love crossfit...but over the past 5+ years, I have started and stopped it several times due to injury (including one shoulder surgery).  I have had to come to grips with the fact that I cannot be trusted to push myself that much...I simply don't know when to stop/slow down/etc to avoid injury.

These days I am simply trying to get less fat by walking at the prompting of my fitbit.  :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 12:56:24 »
I do crossfit, but for some reason some people are completely against it. Super tough workouts, everyone does the same thing for time. Spicy.

I love crossfit...but over the past 5+ years, I have started and stopped it several times due to injury (including one shoulder surgery).  I have had to come to grips with the fact that I cannot be trusted to push myself that much...I simply don't know when to stop/slow down/etc to avoid injury.

These days I am simply trying to get less fat by walking at the prompting of my fitbit.  :)

Based on the expertly done wall punching..  indeed thou may have problem controlling all that rage power..

As for walking..  it's quite good, very low impact, and you don't get that -i'm gonna pass out- feeling,  so it's easier to go back to it every day..

The issue here now is..  because walking is lower in terms of  Calories/minute..  Eventually you hit the time-wall..

Where you'll become very accustomed to the walking such that it's absolutely no challenge for your body.. and the time it takes to do it will seem costly..

So from there.. I recommend stationary bike..  Very convenient.. Private, no one needs to see you sweat (some people are self conscious)..  and it's ALSO low impact.. which is a very important because, there's No good reason to wear out your joints.. it's not for a job, and we are no longer chasing or being chased by lions.. 

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 13:04:37 »
I've got a very nice recumbent stationary bike at home.  I will, likely, continue walking for a while...as I do it in the morning, I simply wake up earlier if I need more time. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 13:06:22 »
I've got a very nice recumbent stationary bike at home.  I will, likely, continue walking for a while...as I do it in the morning, I simply wake up earlier if I need more time. 

I didn't no they made ergonomic stationary bikes ?