Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2014  (Read 35170 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Steam Summer Sale 2014
« on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:36:48 »
If you see a good deal post it here.

I won't buy a game unless one of my friends has said that it's good, and I consider a lot of you my friends, so have at.

I bought The Witcher 2 enhanced edition for $4 US. Get on that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Skull_Angel

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2014
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:42:12 »
If you see a good deal post it here.

I won't buy a game unless one of my friends has said that it's good, and I consider a lot of you my friends, so have at.

I bought The Witcher 2 enhanced edition for $4 US. Get on that.

Holy ****, that's a good deal for a sweet game, too bad I already have it  :(

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:43:33 »
Well, you do probably not consider me your friend :)), but far cry 3 at 75% off is a very good deal. Personally I'm waiting to see if dark souls 2 comes on the daily sales or flash sales!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:43:36 »
If you don't have Hotline Miami yet, it's a steal at $1.49 - highly recommended: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

Stache- now that you have Witcher 2, head over to GoG to get a DRM free copy of it plus some other goodies: http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:48:41 »
PRO TIP THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION

WAIT FOR IT TO BE A DAILY DEAL UNLESS IT'S THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE

YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T

I did it like 3 times last year, just be patient

I paid $10 for a game I could have payed $3 for.

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:53:12 »
Picked up fc3 for £3! :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:53:41 »
PRO TIP THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION

WAIT FOR IT TO BE A DAILY DEAL UNLESS IT'S THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE

YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T

I did it like 3 times last year, just be patient

I paid $10 for a game I could have payed $3 for.

Flash sales are also equally as good as daily deals!
And there's even more reason to get in on them since you have less time to make your choice!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:54:21 »
I really shouldn't buy more stuff, but Far Cry 3 is calling on me  :-\

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:54:58 »

Wow! that's even better pricing than what we canadians have!
FC3 is 7.50 for us. I guess now you guys finally get decent price translation!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:56:33 »
Here is to hoping assetto corsa goes on sale, I need a new racing game.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:58:01 »

I still don't get why the prices aren't just global.

They've got absolutely no reason (that I know of) to treat the countries differently when it's a digital product.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:04:12 »

They've got absolutely no reason (that I know of) to treat the countries differently when it's a digital product.

$4 USD =/= 3 GBP or 3 Yen

so that's why

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:05:40 »

This might not be much use to you but the free racing game 'Race Room Experience' is pretty cool, though its still in some kind of alpha state (like AC) I signed up like 3 months ago or something and they just emailed me a free code for 700 in game points, which bought me two alright GT class cars and Laguna Seca Raceway!

Because, economics.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:08:55 »

This might not be much use to you but the free racing game 'Race Room Experience' is pretty cool, though its still in some kind of alpha state (like AC) I signed up like 3 months ago or something and they just emailed me a free code for 700 in game points, which bought me two alright GT class cars and Laguna Seca Raceway!

Because, economics.

Oh I know, I have that game downloaded and play it from time to time. I dont really want to spend money on it though, so I am stuck with the competitions they put up. I don't know if it is gone but the most recent races on suzuka were awesome. I love that race track, possibly because it was an amazing drift track back when I played forza and was a 1337 drifter.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:10:05 »

Because, economics.

Oh I know, I have that game downloaded and play it from time to time. I dont really want to spend money on it though, so I am stuck with the competitions they put up. I don't know if it is gone but the most recent races on suzuka were awesome. I love that race track, possibly because it was an amazing drift track back when I played forza and was a 1337 drifter.

So they hold actual races on there for people who haven't paid money??  I've not played around with it too much because that UI... my god...

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:11:33 »

Because, economics.

So they hold actual races on there for people who haven't paid money??  I've not played around with it too much because that UI... my god...
There are always around 5-6 competitions available to play. You don't have to own the tracks or cars that are in them. Only problem is the competitions only run for a week or so and then new ones go up.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 16:27:18 »
Don't pay less that 60% off!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:23:20 »
Don't pay less that 60% off!

??

bad wording..

does that mean..  don't pay less than 60% off,  as in we should pay more than the 60% off price

OR does it mean.. don't pay  UNLESS it's 60% off or less.

Offline "Edgar Allen Pho is Dead."

• formerly known as anoose
  • Member Since '11
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:34:18 »

Offline Johan

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:49:08 »
I still have the witcher left from the last sale, And I only bought two games. I should probably play that.... Hoping for a cs:go flashsale.
Stache- now that you have Witcher 2, head over to GoG to get a DRM free copy of it plus some other goodies: http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

How do I get product key of steam? FOUND IT!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:56:14 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:50:19 »
I still haven't played anything I bought in the last sale!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:57:43 »

Same, or the year before even.  I have not played at least 80% of the games I have. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:02:32 »

Same, or the year before even.  I have not played at least 80% of the games I have.

80%?  That's pretty good compared to me.  And I could probably count the number of games that I've finished with just my two hands.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:08:44 »

80%?  That's pretty good compared to me.  And I could probably count the number of games that I've finished with just my two hands.

I think nearly all the games I have, I have finished them with just my two hands (one on the mouse, one on the keyboard).

Except the few car racing ones - for those I used a foot too (on the pedals).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:20:08 »
Of all the games I have on Steam (guessing around 50 or so), I have only completed Borderlands 1 and 2, and Bastion.  Most of my games I have never even loaded. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:20:38 »
Tempted by Farcry 3 and Xcom, but I'm gonna hold the gate until they attack my wishlist!

Offline Darkwell

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:25:31 »
I told myself I wouldn't buy anything this year... One day in and I'm ready to cave.

Has anyone played Divinity Original Sin? It's still in beta and launches at the end of this month, but it looks really good.

I've only seen a few YouTube reviews about it and people seemed pleased, but there just aren't enough reviews to really be sure.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:26:50 »
payday 2 is $10 right now, 66% off. Do I buy or wait?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:35:39 »

do it

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:51:43 »
If you don't have Hotline Miami yet, it's a steal at $1.49 - highly recommended: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

You got me to take a look, and I pulled the trigger! (Pun intended :)) )

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:54:44 »
Retro City Rampage is amazing! Friggin' better be after more than a decade of dev time  :rolleyes:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 22:06:26 »
I think nearly all the games I have, I have finished them with just my two hands (one on the mouse, one on the keyboard).

Except the few car racing ones - for those I used a foot too (on the pedals).

Hehe silly. :)

The general rule of thumb for Steam sales is to wait for a game to be a daily deal, flash sale or community choice.  Those will be the lowest prices.  Otherwise wait for the last day to buy any games that didn't end up getting spotlighted.  And yes, 75%+ off or GTFO.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:35:01 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:07:42 »
Show Image

This is not always accurate. There are always hidden sales that go up to 90% off, but aren't flash or daily deals. Usually games that didn't sell too well, but sometimes you find some gems. Portal II was .99 in one sale, I got Binding of Issac + the DLC for .49 each.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:11:08 »
So I take it I should have continued to use steam instead of uninstalling it years ago?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:17:12 »
So I take it I should have continued to use steam instead of uninstalling it years ago?

Just install it again :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:25:49 »
Everyone who for some reason doesn't already have Half Life 2 should install it and play it right now.  (hopefully this doesn't apply to anyone)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:28:57 »
Been wanting to try out CS:GO. Hoping to score it on the cheap.

All hate aside. Is COD ghosts any good? I liked BO but didn't really like MW3 or BO2.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:31:50 »

All hate aside. Is COD ghosts any good? I liked BO but didn't really like MW3 or BO2.
IMO COD died after BO1.  MW3 was okay, BO2 was fine, and I totally forgot about ghosts. Everything BO1 and before? Pretty darn good.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:35:54 »

Everyone who for some reason doesn't already have Half Life 2 should install it and play it right now.  (hopefully this doesn't apply to anyone)

NO! I bought Naruto instead! But I won't even play it, going to lie down instead!

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:42:31 »

IMO COD died after BO1.  MW3 was okay, BO2 was fine, and I totally forgot about ghosts. Everything BO1 and before? Pretty darn good.
Yeah that's basically how I feel. I actually have ghosts on ps3 . forgot about that. Didn't like it at all but I hate playing FPS on consoles.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 00:48:08 »

HL3 confirmed?

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 01:40:13 »
Payday2 $10? buy it plus other DLCs on discounts too!!!
fc3 for £3? buy it!!! it's a fun game, I brought it last year summer sale $9.99USD.
I only brought borderlands 2 DLCs x2, spend $3 today, wanna wait more flash deals :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 01:48:36 »

Is such a thing even possible?

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 03:10:53 »
I am interested in Delver and Gone Home. Both game cost a total of $9. Man, you can't even buy a cap at $9 these days! Is caps our benchmark now?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 05:51:18 »
I bought the Witcher 2! I want to play it but anytime Im not at work I spend on DSII.
$3.99 was a DAMN great deal for Witcher 2! I have farcry 3 on ps3 and its tempting to get it on steam too..

Hell Yeah I got that full price when it came out, its a great game.  :thumb:

I hated ghosts, love all before it.

I REALLY want to try GO! $9.99 isnt that good of a deal, ill wait another week.

I have source and love it but go has better graphics right?

Im hoping stick of truth goes on sale.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 06:04:28 »
Glorious sale season. Tbh I only ever pick up games I'm already looking to buy, but occasionally there'll be a game I hear recommended and I fall for it. NeoGAF is my hangout during the sales, it's an exciting time  :D

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 10:16:54 »
I know it sounds silly but hear me out... EuroTruck Simulator 2 is 85% off for another couple of hours and if you've got a gamepad, or even better a real wheel + pedals, it's a hell of a relaxing game, and a pretty great deal for $3.74. I bought it a few sales ago have rather enjoyed it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 10:21:17 »
Also, last Steam sale they caught everyone by surprise and changed things up on the final day.

It is no longer the case that you definitively should wait for the last day of the sale to make purchases of games that are not daily deals, flash sales, or community choices! The last day of the sale will most likely be an encore day, where many of the best selling deals will be brought back. During the last major Steam sales, all sale-related discounts were removed except for the handful of encore sales. In short: unless you missed a DD/FS/CC (and are hopeful that it will return during the encore sale), you should buy it on the second-to-last day of the sale - not the last day of the sale.
[/size]
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 10:48:11 »
I know it sounds silly but hear me out... EuroTruck Simulator 2 is 85% off for another couple of hours and if you've got a gamepad, or even better a real wheel + pedals, it's a hell of a relaxing game, and a pretty great deal for $3.74. I bought it a few sales ago have rather enjoyed it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/

I picked it up because I do have a wheel(although it's an F1 style wheel....) and I used to play 18WoS when I was a kid, and there's something nice and relaxing about just driving stuff from A to B.