Author Topic: Can I make iOS less iOS-like?  (Read 4661 times)

Offline bcredbottle

Can I make iOS less iOS-like?
« on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:00:05 »
My fiance got me an iPhone 6s but I hate iOs. I can't return it though b/c I don't want to hurt her feelings (plus she got it from the Apple store anyway).

I have found guides to run Android OS's on iPhone 5. Is there a way to run an Android OS on iPhone 6s?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:20:05 by bcredbottle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: running android OS on iPhone 6s?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:10:53 »
Careful there bcred,   fiance eh ? buying you gifts eh ? She's trying to tame you..

Once you sign them papers BAM... no more new iphones... you get dinner sometimes, but that's it..  lunch is canceled..

hahahahahahah

Nope no android on iphone 6..

I remember hearing about the android on iphone 5, but i think you had to pay for it.

Offline bcredbottle

Re: running android OS on iPhone 6s?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:19:35 »
Careful there bcred,   fiance eh ? buying you gifts eh ? She's trying to tame you..

Once you sign them papers BAM... no more new iphones... you get dinner sometimes, but that's it..  lunch is canceled..

hahahahahahah

Nope no android on iphone 6..

I remember hearing about the android on iphone 5, but i think you had to pay for it.

But is there something that makes it less...iOS-like? I've never had an Apple product before (other than an iPod) and I'm really annoyed by how clunky this thing is. There's no menus!
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:27:05 by bcredbottle »

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
Re: Can I make iOS less iOS-like?
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:21:17 »
Jailbreak it? I don't know what options exist for the 6s interface right now, but I wish you the best!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:38:42 »
how to make your iphone what you want:
sell iphone
buy nexus
use android
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 14:28:21 »
sell iphone
buy nexus
use android

Gold

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:07:27 »
If you want to run Android, get an Android phone.

You have 14 days (from date of purchase0 to return the phone to Apple, no questions asked AFAIK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:12:15 »
My fiance got me an iPhone 6s but I hate iOs. I can't return it though b/c I don't want to hurt her feelings (plus she got it from the Apple store anyway).

I have found guides to run Android OS's on iPhone 5. Is there a way to run an Android OS on iPhone 6s?
Don't, it's going to be a hack. Phones hacked at this level always have at least some issues, the last one I had that was so heavily modded let me down when I needed it.

Why not just tell her you're having trouble adapting to the iphone and see if you can exchange it for an Android.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:23:44 »
Iphone is not that bad, if you're just trying to use it as a phone..  facebook, geekhack, chat w/girls, basketball stars..

If you're trying to tunnel into your own servers, and do hax0rz stuff,  that's when you really need android..

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:40:36 »
If you're trying to tunnel into your own servers, and do hax0rz stuff,  that's when you really need cyanogen

ftfy
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 20:30:04 »
Just send it to me, I will figure it out for you.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 20:49:05 »
sell iphone
buy nexus
use android

Yup, pretty much. I'd just bite the bullet and level with her, tell hey that your not a big fan of iOS. I'm sure I'd hope she'd understand.

Offline Altis

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 08:06:23 »
Maybe she wants to get you used to living in a fenced-in world, where you have no say in how things are done, no choices to make...

Forced updates are a metaphor for Sunday brunch with her family.  :-X

Joking aside, jailbreaking will give you what you want. I don't know if there's one available yet for the 6S on latest iOS, but it usually comes eventually and allows heavy modifications to the way it looks and runs. You'll be wearing the pants again in no time  :thumb:

But seriously, that is a really nice gift from her. She sounds like a keeper -- congrats to you both.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2016, 08:07:54 by Altis »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Momoe

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:12:59 »
I'm sure she'll understand if you just tell her iOS isn't your cup of tea. Return it, buy an Android, and if you want to be super suave use the money left over to buy her something nice as thanks.

Any resentment she might have felt will melt away when you surprise her with a white jelly POM ke

wait that's just me nvm

Offline shadowku

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 22:49:39 »
If you're marrying her anyway I'm sure you can tell her how you really feel about iOS. You're going to together for life, it's just a phone, whats the worse that can happen?

HHKB Pro2      FC660C

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 02:36:37 »
You guys do realise that this thread is about 50days old?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 06:01:05 »
You guys do realise that this thread is about 50days old?

That's nothing compared to some of the necrobumps around here!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ