Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4287076 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #11450 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:33:16 »
incredibly ****ing annoyed right now.

**** usps and **** traffic.

but you're gonna go home and you're gonna play Vidya,
Show Image

i wanna punch the **** out of things right now, not play vidya.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11451 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:39:37 »

Show Image

The one thing I found that changed how I feel about traffic? Driving position. I still get pretty annoyed when I drive, but now I live in the centre of a pretty big city, and finishing work on nights means I have to drive in with the traffic. I've just dropped my seat back by like, 25 degrees, and I feel so much better.

Admittedly you have a FiST, and you probably don't cruise like us dubbers, but I like it ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11452 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:46:18 »

Show Image

The one thing I found that changed how I feel about traffic? Driving position. I still get pretty annoyed when I drive, but now I live in the centre of a pretty big city, and finishing work on nights means I have to drive in with the traffic. I've just dropped my seat back by like, 25 degrees, and I feel so much better.

Admittedly you have a FiST, and you probably don't cruise like us dubbers, but I like it ;)

i wasn't in my FiST, luckily. or else i probably would have killed myself or somebody. i was in 4 hr bumper to bumper traffic in my work truck. i just.. i can't take this **** anymore. i ****ing hate this god damn city so much.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11453 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:50:09 »
i wasn't in my FiST, luckily. or else i probably would have killed myself or somebody. i was in 4 hr bumper to bumper traffic in my work truck. i just.. i can't take this **** anymore. i ****ing hate this god damn city so much.

FOUR HOURS? Holy **** dude.

Time to get out of LA man. Especially with the Rams coming to town next year ;)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11454 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:51:43 »

Show Image

4 hours :-X I thought my commute was bad, but a bad day for me is only 1.5 hours.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11455 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:54:24 »

FOUR HOURS? Holy **** dude.

Time to get out of LA man. Especially with the Rams coming to town next year ;)
four ****ing hours.

the place is already 1.5 hrs away. i REALLY didn't need that extra 2.5 to ****ing deal with. and on top of that, usps decided to ****ing delay my package AGAIN. meaning i probably won't be able to ship out my gift to somebody in time for it to get there before xmas. i legit dont know what's annoying me more.

Show Image

4 hours :-X I thought my commute was bad, but a bad day for me is only 1.5 hours.

yeah, 1.5 is usually as bad as it gets. but today, christ. ****ing today.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11456 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:55:40 »

Holy ****ing ****, man.  :|

Come by me, dude.  Commute will be 30 minutes max.  And that's if you're travelling 30 miles.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11457 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:57:24 »

Come by me, dude.  Commute will be 30 minutes max.  And that's if you're travelling 30 miles.

Yeah, but then you have to live in Wisconsin.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11458 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:00:14 »

Show Image

and be a packers fan

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11459 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:00:58 »

Show Image

and be a packers fan
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

QFT

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11460 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:01:22 »
you ****ers are so close to being banned right now

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11462 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:02:56 »

:-*

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11463 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:02:57 »

RATHER BE DEAD THAN A CHEESEHEAD

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11464 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:55:56 »
Hoffman is bothering me.

Mostly the keyboard pron. It's leaving me HOT and BOTHERED

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #11465 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:15:46 »
Do you make enough money to make a 2-4 hour commute worth it?
Then get a different job.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #11466 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:34:24 »
The fact that people still think that criminals will obey gun control laws still bothers me.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11467 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:40:06 »
The fact that people still think that criminals will obey gun control laws still bothers me.

AMEN!!!!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11468 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:47:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:47:38 by alienman82 »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #11469 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:50:53 »
Hey guys I just had this brilliant thought.  If criminals obey gun control laws, you know like we say they will, maybe we can try making meth and cocaine illegal as well.  Yeah that will work.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11470 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:51:36 »
Hey guys I just had this brilliant thought.  If criminals obey gun control laws, you know like we say they will, maybe we can try making meth and cocaine illegal as well.  Yeah that will work.

I've always wondered why we don't just make murder illegal?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11471 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:52:53 »
i'd make the packers illegal

Mod Edit: User is a jerk
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:53:40 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11472 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:58:12 »
I'm gonna be the guy to be completely oblivious as to why more gun controls are a bad idea...

Mod Edit: User is a jerk

kek

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11473 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:01:02 »
I'm gonna be the guy to be completely oblivious as to why more gun controls are a bad idea...

If you have zero guns, controlling guns has a chance to work.  If a country is literally full to the brim with guns, gun control only stops the innocent from getting guns.  Obviously the issue is FAR more complicated than this, but it is a big difference between the cultures and current state of our two countries. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11474 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:07:50 »

If you have zero guns, controlling guns has a chance to work.  If a country is literally full to the brim with guns, gun control only stops the innocent from getting guns.  Obviously the issue is FAR more complicated than this, but it is a big difference between the cultures and current state of our two countries. 

Australia is supposed to have zero guns, but it doesn't seem to stop gun crimes.

Nowhere near as many as other countries though, although there have been a efw more recently than we are used to seeing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11475 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:09:17 »

Hmmmm.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #11476 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:10:45 »

Australia is supposed to have zero guns, but it doesn't seem to stop gun crimes.

Nowhere near as many as other countries though, although there have been a efw more recently than we are used to seeing.

I have also read recently that there are now more guns in Australia then pre buy back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11477 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:13:35 »

I have also read recently that there are now more guns in Australia then pre buy back.

I haven't heard that one!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #11478 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:18:13 »

Yeah nah, Rowdy I don't know where you got that one about Australia supposed to not have any guns, people had handguns in Australia until like the 70's, those guns didn't just disappear, a lot would have been made illegal but not accounted for. There are plenty of guns in Australia as well, automatics, handguns, you name it, basically if you really want to get one you can.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #11479 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:27:58 »
It's nice to see some reasonable opinions regarding guns. Here's some food for thought:

list=LLxYZz_fK3Xqi6y27ag74KRA&index=6

index=4&list=LLxYZz_fK3Xqi6y27ag74KRA
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #11480 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:30:36 »

Not finding the article where I found that now, but I did find this.  Kind of have to read between the lines a touch and piece it together.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/01/14/australias-gun-ownership-levels-return

sorry forgot to post the link
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:49:16 by Melvang »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11481 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:41:44 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:47:36 by alienman82 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #11482 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:15:02 »
Yeah nah, Rowdy I don't know where you got that one about Australia supposed to not have any guns, people had handguns in Australia until like the 70's, those guns didn't just disappear, a lot would have been made illegal but not accounted for. There are plenty of guns in Australia as well, automatics, handguns, you name it, basically if you really want to get one you can.

If it makes you guys feel any better, the 66s which that ammo tech stole like 10 years ago have not all been recovered. Also one or two service rifles were stolen last year.

You have to remember Farmer/land owners generally own firearms and there is a reasonable sport shooting/hunting culture in Australia. It is pretty easy to get a gun licence, handgun licence for competition shooting is a bit of a longer process but not that hard.

Then there are the off the books weapons floating around, but I don't worry about getting shot walking down the streets in Australia. But if I was in the United States I think in certain areas I would be concerned. But I may have just watched too many movies I dont know.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11483 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:36:48 »
At a sheet of cookies to test them as wyfe has taken over family baking duties for this holiday season. Proceeded to fall asleep 5 minutes later. Woke up at 2am with a bellyache. Woke her up just now to blame her.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11484 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:38:58 »
I had a wicked poop.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11485 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:39:57 »
I had a wicked poop.

I need one badly. Not yours, though.

bm forreal
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #11486 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:40:31 »

Agreed, more innocent people need the tools to be able to murder other people!

~Just think of all the students that have been saved by there ability to arm themselves during the bi-annual school shooting events held all over the US, without the students having guns so many more people would have died...
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:54:42 by baldgye »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11487 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:17:57 »
25°C outside, but still 30°C inside (77F and 86F respectively).

I got more sleep last night than I thought I would, but a second night of sweating all night is bothering me (to make it look like this belongs in the bothered thread rather than the weather thread).

And looks like a third night tomorrow night too.  The BoM is forecasting a potential new hottest night ever in Melbourne.

Rowdy is not amused.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11488 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:43:51 »
I had a wicked poop.

hahahhahaa... hahahaha...

I've noticed over the years that Females put on this great big show AFK..

<the display of what females aught to be>

But deep down,  they're identical to us.. THey like fart jokes, and that overall, they're smelly human beings..

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #11489 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:48:45 »

I got more sleep last night than I thought I would, but a second night of sweating all night is bothering me (to make it look like this belongs in the bothered thread rather than the weather thread).

And looks like a third night tomorrow night too.  The BoM is forecasting a potential new hottest night ever in Melbourne.

Rowdy is not amused.

There is a golden arches shaped pool of sweat on this chair right now, I know what you mean. Straya!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11490 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:50:12 »

Rowdy is not amused.

There is a golden arches shaped pool of sweat on this chair right now, I know what you mean. Straya!

gotta drink water,  or you get sick from dehydration concentrating the solids in your body.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #11491 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:54:01 »

Rowdy is not amused.

gotta drink water,  or you get sick from dehydration concentrating the solids in your body.

I drink plenty of water, it just drains out of my ballsack like a mesh cup in this heat, you're not from round here are you...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11492 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:58:36 »

I drink plenty of water, it just drains out of my ballsack like a mesh cup in this heat, you're not from round here are you...

In China now,   so I'm closer to you here, today, than when I'm in the US.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #11493 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:00:56 »

How are you breathing? feel thick?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #11494 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:02:58 »

~Just think of all the students that have been saved by there ability to arm themselves during the bi-annual school shooting events held all over the US, without the students having guns so many more people would have died...
Actually, that's right to the point. Mass shooters pick a target they know won't be armed, such as a school. Schools, colleges, and universities (as well as all government facilities, etc.) have traditionally been "gun free zones" here, so the shooter knows they can rampage a bit before anyone will arrive with the ability to return fire.

Also, our Constitution's 2nd Amendment acknowledges the right of the people to bear arms, not for sport or for personal protection, but in order to protect against a tyrannical government. Without the strength of arms to back them up, all the other rights mentioned in that document would be so much ink on paper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #11495 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:05:05 »

Actually, that's right to the point. Mass shooters pick a target they know won't be armed, such as a school. Schools, colleges, and universities (as well as all government facilities, etc.) have traditionally been "gun free zones" here, so the shooter knows they can rampage a bit before anyone will arrive with the ability to return fire.

Also, our Constitution's 2nd Amendment acknowledges the right of the people to bear arms, not for sport or for personal protection, but in order to protect against a tyrannical government. Without the strength of arms to back them up, all the other rights mentioned in that document would be so much ink on paper.

good luck with that

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11496 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:06:53 »

I'm in FuZhou, which statistically has the best air in China (among cities)..

...  objectively it's no worse than NewYork...

I was in Beijing a while back,   **** ballz, holy crap... I feel terrible for the people who are stuck there due to occupation/property/family

It's pretttty bad.  way way worse than LA

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #11497 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:09:17 »

I'm in FuZhou, which statistically has the best air in China (among cities)..

...  objectively it's no worse than NewYork...

I was in Beijing a while back,   **** ballz, holy crap... I feel terrible for the people who are stuck there due to occupation/property/family

It's pretttty bad.  way way worse than LA

Weird to say this but I actually kind of wanted to see what it was like to breathe the air in some of the worse places. I just stopped over at the airport in Guangzhou though and didn't really get outside, is New York bad though?

I have no idea, the city closest to me (Sydney) is sort of more open I guess that New York and doesn't really have very polluted air, at least I can't notice it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11498 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:12:30 »
Then there are the off the books weapons floating around, but I don't worry about getting shot walking down the streets in Australia. But if I was in the United States I think in certain areas I would be concerned. But I may have just watched too many movies I dont know.

It's pretty easy to avoid the problem areas.  Outside of gang-infested areas in various cities I don't think I've ever been fearful of a gun here in the US.  And of course, baldgye will tell me that if we ban guns all those gangs will turn them in, surely?  :))

Obviously the US is a gigantic country and incredibly diverse, so my experience in this little pocket of the country might be different from others'.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11499 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:14:51 »

Weird to say this but I actually kind of wanted to see what it was like to breathe the air in some of the worse places. I just stopped over at the airport in Guangzhou though and didn't really get outside, is New York bad though?

I have no idea, the city closest to me (Sydney) is sort of more open I guess that New York and doesn't really have very polluted air, at least I can't notice it.

haha,  it's seldom so dramatic..

It's not like you'd cough or anything.

The problems that it causes usually takes some time to emerge.