Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4254617 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #20850 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 19:39:22 »
My refrigerator only stays at around 44 - 46 so all my dairy products go bad really fast. I was gonna have fettuccine left over, then I got a mouth full of surprise mold.

Lower the setting.. hahaha

I so wish it were that easy.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20851 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 20:58:26 »
Taleo can go suck a ...

Damn online job app had me copy and paste each portion of my resume individually.  Took about an hour.  Best part?  It then asked me to post my resume at the end in .pdf format.

Mind blown.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #20852 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 21:06:12 »
Taleo can go suck a ...

Damn online job app had me copy and paste each portion of my resume individually.  Took about an hour.  Best part?  It then asked me to post my resume at the end in .pdf format.

Mind blown.

Well I hate to break it to you but every online app I've done has asked for that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20853 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 21:16:30 »
My refrigerator only stays at around 44 - 46 so all my dairy products go bad really fast. I was gonna have fettuccine left over, then I got a mouth full of surprise mold.

OKOK..

New plan..  Buy Arduino,  Buy Temperature module..  /Soldering..

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #20854 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 21:19:47 »

OKOK..

Show Image

Better plan:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20855 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 22:03:47 »

OKOK..

Show Image

Better plan:
Show Image

These are peltier coolers.

They don't cool things down much,  they only extend what is already cold.. Overtime it will just be luke warm..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20857 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 22:56:46 »
Taleo can go suck a ...

Mind blown.

Well I hate to break it to you but every online app I've done has asked for that.

Lord help you if you made your own resume template. Autofill for all of the hourly job applications I completed was completely pointless.
Chris Schammert

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20858 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 23:44:39 »
Ii wouldnt have been so bad but every field had a drop down and no tabbing?  Bleh.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20859 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 23:51:03 »
the ****ing jelly pom spacebars -_-
I love Elzy

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20860 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:09:13 »

What's wrong with them?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #20861 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:16:13 »

OKOK..

Show Image

Better plan:
Show Image

These are peltier coolers.

They don't cool things down much,  they only extend what is already cold.. Overtime it will just be luke warm..
why drink milk when you can drink zippy water

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20862 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 22:46:20 »

What's wrong with them?

the stabilizer stem is off by 0.5mm
I love Elzy

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20863 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 23:01:24 »

What's wrong with them?

that's dirty
Chris Schammert

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20864 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 23:03:02 »

What's wrong with them?

that's dirty

yeah. you kinda have to butcher the sides of the stem to open up the cross shape, lube the **** out of your stabs, and then very lightly place it on your keyboard.

Don't think there's an issue if you use costar, but cherry is pretty RIP.
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20865 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 20:54:10 »
People always hatin on Lu Bu. Lu Bu is the man.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20867 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 22:20:21 »
Cat not cooperating and still isn't fully better yet. Vet's gonna be closed for Sunday and Monday is a holiday.
I love Elzy

« Reply #20868 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 22:22:35 »
Cat not cooperating and still isn't fully better yet. Vet's gonna be closed for Sunday and Monday is a holiday.
:( hope ur cat starts doing good. <3

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20869 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 02:41:57 »
I accidentally stabbed my finger with a kitchen knife pretty deeply.  At the doctor now waiting to get it closed up.  It's been throbbing, now it's starting to feel even more unpleasant.

Word to the wise, if your avocado pit splits, use a spoon to get it out, not a knife.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20870 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:03:34 »
I accidentally stabbed my finger with a kitchen knife pretty deeply.  At the doctor now waiting to get it closed up.  It's been throbbing, now it's starting to feel even more unpleasant.

Word to the wise, if your avocado pit splits, use a spoon to get it out, not a knife.

Ouch!

Hope you didn't do any permanent damage and recover quickly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20871 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:04:43 »

Ouch!

Tricky avocados. I've done it before
Chris Schammert

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20872 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:09:13 »

Ouch!

Me too, but lost a lot of feeling on the right side, so thinking I may have dun ****ed up.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20873 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:18:25 »

Ouch!

Me too, but lost a lot of feeling on the right side, so thinking I may have dun ****ed up.

Loss of feeling is not good.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20874 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 09:02:04 »

Ouch!

I cut myself on the finger years ago when I worked in a kitchen and it was deep enough that I did have some loss of feeling, but it did eventually come back completely after a year or so.

Hope it heals up good and that it doesn't cause any issues at work or home!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #20875 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 09:32:09 »
USPS shipping my HHKB caps from California to Portland, OR then back down to California before again returning to Portland  :-X
143911-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20876 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 09:53:13 »

USPS shipping my HHKB caps from California to Portland, OR then back down to California before again returning to Portland

That stuff happens and the added days are frustrating. Imagine the time and energy wasted by the carrier!

But it is amusing that they have the transparency to allow you to see it going on!
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #20877 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 10:02:34 »

USPS shipping my HHKB caps from California to Portland, OR then back down to California before again returning to Portland

That stuff happens and the added days are frustrating. Imagine the time and energy wasted by the carrier!

But it is amusing that they have the transparency to allow you to see it going on!
I was thinking the same, shipping is one of the only industries that offer consumers near to full transparency with how they operate. Luckily whats being delivered isn't a necessity so I'm truly not too bothered, just thought the back-forth was humorous :)) :cool:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20878 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 13:52:53 »

Ouch!

I cut myself on the finger years ago when I worked in a kitchen and it was deep enough that I did have some loss of feeling, but it did eventually come back completely after a year or so.

Fingers crossed then.  Right now it's like the side has just fallen asleep.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20879 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 22:24:55 »
Haven't really been on my computer in a week since I've been taking care of cat, so my wpm dropped by like 1-3~ and it'll take like 2 weeks to get it back.
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20880 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 23:29:53 »

Ouch!

Fingers crossed then.  Right now it's like the side has just fallen asleep.

Nerve endings reconnect on their own assuming the damage is not sever in the surround tissue.

But it does take a long time..

Overall, it's only a serious problem if you play Violin.. 

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20881 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 23:34:00 »
kwk mummy III has been off the tracking radar for over a month now :(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #20882 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 04:46:35 »
kwk mummy III has been off the tracking radar for over a month now :(

time for an intervention

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #20883 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 05:39:41 »
The lack of skill I have at things, and the fact that I don't want to get better at things because it requires effort.

The one thing I consider myself to be ok at is drumming, which I haven't been putting much time into recently. (And I don't really consider myself to be that great anyways.)

Self esteem issues, yay.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20884 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 05:56:23 »
Haven't really been on my computer in a week since I've been taking care of cat, so my wpm dropped by like 1-3~ and it'll take like 2 weeks to get it back.

If that's all it takes to get your kitteh back to health, it will be worth it :)

Any progress towards a recovery?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #20885 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 07:09:15 »
So it's gonna be this kind of Monday huh?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20886 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:32:35 »

Does somebody have a case of the Mondays?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #20887 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:35:17 »

Offline joey

« Reply #20888 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:37:26 »
Just another manic monday

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20889 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:48:32 »

The way he responds to it makes it seem like there is no greater offense than making that stupid ass remark.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20890 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 09:16:06 »

« Reply #20891 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:06:16 »
feeling worried about my cancer and such. what should i do if **** hits the fan

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20892 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 16:32:09 »
Been trying to get on this special project for a month that starts this week. Last Thursday my boss says I have priority and will be put on the list for it. Today I asked around and they apparently filled out all the positions they needed over the weekend and my name is definitely not on there. The ****?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #20893 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 22:28:37 »
Just got notice from the real estate agent that our apartment is being sold by the owner

Here come the Saturday inspections :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20894 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 02:17:19 »
Just got notice from the real estate agent that our apartment is being sold by the owner

Very sorry to hear that.

One of the banes of renting :(

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20895 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 02:20:12 »

ughh that sucks dude

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #20896 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 02:25:21 »
ughh that sucks dude

Very sorry to hear that.

One of the banes of renting :(

:'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #20897 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 08:29:04 »

Fuuuuck, man.   :(   Hope you're alright...

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20898 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 17:33:24 »
My wife ran a paring knife through her small finger trying to remove rinds from watermelon slices.  While injury is never funny, I honestly can't imagine a less worthy activity to stab oneself over.  She did get the feeling back in her pinky, but it took a while (year?).

I'm not getting enough sleep.  I give myself plenty of opportunity to sleep (typically 7 hours) bur damn meds cause sleep issues.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20899 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 17:35:39 »
My wife ran a paring knife through her small finger trying to remove rinds from watermelon slices.  While injury is never funny, I honestly can't imagine a less worthy activity to stab oneself over.  She did get the feeling back in her pinky, but it took a while (year?).

I'm not getting enough sleep.  I give myself plenty of opportunity to sleep (typically 7 hours) bur damn meds cause sleep issues.

are you sick ?