Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4248339 times)

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #20900 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 17:48:21 »
My wife ran a paring knife through her small finger trying to remove rinds from watermelon slices.  While injury is never funny, I honestly can't imagine a less worthy activity to stab oneself over.  She did get the feeling back in her pinky, but it took a while (year?).

I'm not getting enough sleep.  I give myself plenty of opportunity to sleep (typically 7 hours) bur damn meds cause sleep issues.

are you sick ?

I'm on maintenance meds for a chronic condition.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20901 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 18:19:08 »
My wife ran a paring knife through her small finger trying to remove rinds from watermelon slices.  While injury is never funny, I honestly can't imagine a less worthy activity to stab oneself over.  She did get the feeling back in her pinky, but it took a while (year?).

I'm not getting enough sleep.  I give myself plenty of opportunity to sleep (typically 7 hours) bur damn meds cause sleep issues.

are you sick ?

Antipsychotics ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20902 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 18:26:40 »

are you sick ?

Antipsychotics ?
Show Image

What is in tp's medicine cabinet. I'll take Economics for $500, Alex. (braces for Daily Double)
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20903 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 18:29:12 »

are you sick ?

Antipsychotics ?
Show Image

What is in tp's medicine cabinet. I'll take Economics for $500, Alex. (braces for Daily Double)

Achkaa, you've discovered where I stash my super secret premium Ramen..

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20904 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 19:08:54 »

are you sick ?

Antipsychotics ?
Show Image

Nah, I stopped taking those years ago.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20905 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 19:46:38 »
I accidentally stabbed my finger with a kitchen knife pretty deeply.  At the doctor now waiting to get it closed up.  It's been throbbing, now it's starting to feel even more unpleasant.

Word to the wise, if your avocado pit splits, use a spoon to get it out, not a knife.

Fuuuuck, man.   :(   Hope you're alright...

I lost feeling to half my finger, but the tendons seem okay?  I guess I'll see in the long run.  It really sucks though.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #20906 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 20:39:04 »
I accidentally stabbed my finger with a kitchen knife pretty deeply.  At the doctor now waiting to get it closed up.  It's been throbbing, now it's starting to feel even more unpleasant.

Word to the wise, if your avocado pit splits, use a spoon to get it out, not a knife.

I lost feeling to half my finger, but the tendons seem okay?  I guess I'll see in the long run.  It really sucks though.

Damn!  Hope you are ok buddy. 

On a similar note, don't use a hatchet to cut scotch tape.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #20907 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 21:47:14 »
On a similar note, don't use a hatchet to cut scotch tape.   :thumb:

Or a jointer to trim your fingernails.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20908 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 22:18:03 »
What started as a ****post turned into my only chance of getting original Cherry dyesubs, at least in the immediate future. Alas, I was too slow to respond.

Okay, I'm done pouting.

However, I suppose there's a lesson in that; perhaps I should stop threadcrapping. :thinkingemoji:

Amended.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2016, 10:48:20 by romevi »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20909 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 22:18:51 »

Holy smokes. I'm always afraid of doing ****e like that to myself. Hope it heals pronto.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #20910 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 01:37:42 »

my friend somehow slipped a chisel and it went halfway through two of his fingers. that was a month ago, after having a cast and stitches applied he is already regaining feeling in his fingertips so don't lose hope!

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #20911 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 02:25:27 »
losing feeling in a part of a limb is common with cuts deep enough. had my entire femur removed and i've been regaining lots of feeling. ur probably fine

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #20912 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 03:02:07 »
I'm confused by what I've termed 'Shallow Hal Syndrome'.  Over the past week while walking around town I have seen several attractive young ladies, no complaints there.  The problem is after looking away then back they are replaced by a significantly older version in the same place weasing the same clothes - the oldest had to be 60 plus!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #20913 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 03:07:13 »
However, I suppose there's a lesson in that; perhaps I should stop threadcrapping. :thinkingemoji:

I think it means that you have to do it even more to get more opportunities for cool stuff
Yoda grammar best has

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20914 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 04:01:05 »
I'm confused by what I've termed 'Shallow Hal Syndrome'.  Over the past week while walking around town I have seen several attractive young ladies, no complaints there.  The problem is after looking away then back they are replaced by a significantly older version in the same place weasing the same clothes - the oldest had to be 60 plus!

stop doing Drugs.

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #20915 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 04:37:51 »
the thought i might have to tell the people i love i have a short timer on my life 

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #20916 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 07:27:57 »

stop doing Drugs.

It's not drugs.

When I was a boy, before Gilligan's Island was in reruns,we use to discuss who was more attractive, Ginger or Maryann. Now, in my 60's, I find myself strangely attracted to Mrs. Howell.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20917 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 09:10:42 »
the thought i might have to tell the people i love i have a short timer on my life

I sincerely hope that doesn't end up being the case.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20918 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 09:24:03 »

stop doing Drugs.

It's not drugs.

When I was a boy, before Gilligan's Island was in reruns,we use to discuss who was more attractive, Ginger or Maryann. Now, in my 60's, I find myself strangely attracted to Mrs. Howell.

Hrrrrrrmmmmmm.....  I have no exp or read anything on this...

Perhaps because you've gone through the ages with a crowd who has also elapsed, you can discern older attractive faces.

Whereas a younger person would not be able to differentiate aged features.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20919 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 10:01:46 »
One of my coworkers thought it would be a good idea to clean something with gasoline....inside his office...the smell is awful...

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20920 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 10:19:34 »
One of my coworkers thought it would be a good idea to clean something with gasoline....inside his office...the smell is awful...

For some reason I was reminded of this...

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20921 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 13:48:11 »

Show Image

I guess that truck does not have a waterproof interior option. Someone needs a Honda Element Gasoline in the office is just plain wrong :/
Chris Schammert

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20922 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:57:28 »
So my employer negotiates for a month to get a vendor to provide a 4 hour training session or their webcasting product.  Vendor arrives 30 minutes late, has no juice in their laptop, then lets their OCD get the best of them when they spend 2 hours trying to diagnose why one of the cameras won't properly track him while hes talking.  Amount of actual training provided: 30 minutes.

Sigh...

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20923 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:24:18 »

Show Image

LOL, and people wonder why Trump is winning..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20924 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 00:35:39 »
The census next Tuesday is supposed to be mostly online.

That will be around 24 million people all using a government web site at the same time, or at least within a period of a few hours.

Census is mandatory by law, in case people don't know, and has to be done in the evening of next Tuesday.  $180 fine a day if you don't complete your entry.

Their call centre has already crashed and burned due to overload because of (mostly) pensioners who are not sure what to do.

This is not looking good ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20925 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 00:36:35 »

Show Image

IT'S WHAT JESUS WANTS!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #20926 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 02:57:41 »

Show Image

But... What.. Is she?... WHAT?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20927 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 05:19:17 »
I just walked up to the shop to get some milk because we are out. Got back and realised we also had no cereal so had to walk back up there again...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #20928 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 13:01:49 »
Muscle spasm in shoulder-blade up into neck. Can't lift arm or turn head.

Steroids and muscle relaxers. Uppers and downers.

I don't know who or what I am today (especially since I haven't slept).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20929 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 13:14:56 »

Show Image

IT'S WHAT JESUS WANTS!

I thought it was funny that pretty much every Republican candidate besides Trump had said that God told them to run because they were supposed to be President.  But as Christians often say, God works in mysterious ways...

Show Image

She is washing the inside of her car, what's the problem?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 August 2016, 14:00:19 by Waateva »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #20930 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 13:26:37 »

Show Image

Probably hosing out explosive vomit from the younglings.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20931 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 19:05:25 »

Show Image

Probably hosing out explosive vomit from the younglings.

I've seen Forensic Files, that woman is clearly trying to power wash the blood out of the upholstery.  The show has taught me it won't work.

Why do stupid criminals do stupid things?  Don't they know ****e-tier cleanup won't work?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20932 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 20:49:23 »
Been so stressed and busy lately, 2nd day of full time supervising and ofc it's during TI6 lol
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20933 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 21:50:58 »
Muscle spasm in shoulder-blade up into neck. Can't lift arm or turn head.

Steroids and muscle relaxers. Uppers and downers.

I don't know who or what I am today (especially since I haven't slept).

Change your avatar, then no-one will know who you are!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20934 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 19:00:05 »
So, finger update.  Still bothered by the fact that I can't really feel the entire side of my finger, but the doctor said that it appears that there isn't any tendon damage and she appeared hopeful that I would get my feeling back and hopefully that it may just be due to swelling (though I doubt it).  I didn't hit any of the nerves that impact motor function, so that's good at least. 

Fingers crossed that the feeling comes back and that I don't suffer from any future neuropathy.

Oh, and typing speed has taken a hit.  When you can't fully feel the keys and have a stiff finger, it really does impact how well you can type.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20935 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 19:25:58 »
So, finger update.  Still bothered by the fact that I can't really feel the entire side of my finger, but the doctor said that it appears that there isn't any tendon damage and she appeared hopeful that I would get my feeling back and hopefully that it may just be due to swelling (though I doubt it).  I didn't hit any of the nerves that impact motor function, so that's good at least. 

Fingers crossed that the feeling comes back and that I don't suffer from any future neuropathy.

Oh, and typing speed has taken a hit.  When you can't fully feel the keys and have a stiff finger, it really does impact how well you can type.

Ouch. How long has it been? A couple of weeks since the injury?
Well, at least you can cross that finger. That's progress!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20936 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 19:28:18 »

Since Saturday/Sunday.  Finger crossing is an expression, though it appears I can kind of do it.  I just have to be careful with what I do.  I sometimes get these shooting pains when I tweak my hand just right on accident.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #20937 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 19:58:57 »

Since Saturday/Sunday.  Finger crossing is an expression, though it appears I can kind of do it.  I just have to be careful with what I do.  I sometimes get these shooting pains when I tweak my hand just right on accident.

I've heard that holding a cold beer helps the pain and keeps the swelling down.  Note that you may have to refill it a couple times to keep it cold and full so it has the full effect.   ;)

Glad to hear the good news from the doctor though. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20938 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 06:07:54 »

Noted that you have a lady doctor.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20939 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 02:05:17 »

She's the best doc I've had in a long time.  Good rapport, listens, explains things well, and actually seemed to care about the patient.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20940 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 02:16:44 »

She's the best doc I've had in a long time.  Good rapport, listens, explains things well, and actually seemed to care about the patient.

Rare these days, most seem to be interested in money first, and getting as many patients through as quickly as possible (also see point (a)).

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #20941 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 15:39:03 »
When people refer to an AR-15 as an assault rifle.

Well, due to it being the original version of the M16, you can see why people make that mistake.

The fact that an AR-15

Show Image

and an M4 carbine

Show Image

look so similar, does not help with the confusion. I know it's like with anything, if you know about it then you know it's wrong, but when it looks like that, it's pretty easy to get it mixed up with an assault rifle.

It bothers me that gun laws in California don't make much sense, they are over-reactive and conflicting.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #20942 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 03:58:21 »

That will be around 24 million people all using a government web site at the same time, or at least within a period of a few hours.

Census is mandatory by law, in case people don't know, and has to be done in the evening of next Tuesday.  $180 fine a day if you don't complete your entry.

Their call centre has already crashed and burned due to overload because of (mostly) pensioners who are not sure what to do.

And they way they are storing and using the data..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20943 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 04:09:24 »

Census is a little off here in the States I think. I've read that the U.S. Census Bureau hasn't prosecuted anyone since 1970, but I'm pulling that info from wikipedia so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20944 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 04:13:56 »

Census is a little off here in the States I think. I've read that the U.S. Census Bureau hasn't prosecuted anyone since 1970, but I'm pulling that info from wikipedia so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Because they can't prove you GOT the form.. It could've been lost in the mail..

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #20945 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 04:18:53 »

They got pissed off in a previous census when everyone put Jedi or Jedi Knight as their religion, don't think anyone got charged though  :p

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20946 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 04:23:43 »

They got pissed off in a previous census when everyone put Jedi or Jedi Knight as their religion, don't think anyone got charged though  :p

LOL. I like a Star Wars as much as the next guy but that is a bit much. Kit Fisto is the man tho #KitFisto2016
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20947 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 05:57:26 »

I heard about that.

Something like they are storing identifying (name, address, DoB) and non-identifying (religion, occupation) information separately, but identifying them with a 14 character code constructed from the 2nd, 4th and 6th letters of first name, same for last name, year of birth and something else.

Changes are that if you calculated this "hash" for a given friend, and if you knew their address, you'd only get half a dozen or so matches in their area, and thus could cross-reference their personal information!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20948 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 16:52:57 »
If they truly want people to take the census,  they should've made it shorter..

Ain't nobody got time for dat..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20949 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:09:42 »

Get Real. This is the modern world.

Information is important, and census information is vital for the rational operation of society.
And it is also just about the most "neutral" data out there.

I have delved deep into US census information in studying my family history. As you watch it unfold, it is amazing. In the early days, census-takers went door-to-door to ask questions. In the earliest days, there was the "head of the household" by his white male name, then numbers of males and females by age in decade-length brackets, and numbers of Negroes by male and female.

It took a sizeable chunk of a century for the actual names of each actual person to be recorded, and even longer to include meaningful information about any one of them.

Goofballs who claim to be afraid of "Big Brother" and that he will know where they live are just Luddites who are several generations out of synch with reality. If you really want to get "off the grid" it can probably be done, but not by ignoring this year's census questionnaire.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:11:30 by fohat.digs »
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015