Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4254852 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #20950 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 18:20:03 »
Tp4 can't even lift big boxes..

And these olympic guyz weighing 20lbs less, Lifts 2.5 times Tp4's body weight..

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20951 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 20:33:39 »
Tp4 can't even lift big boxes..

And these olympic guyz weighing 20lbs less, Lifts 2.5 times Tp4's body weight..

Show Image

But what about their typing speed?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20952 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 21:28:29 »
Forgot to mention -- yesterday I was driving and some dude in the opposite lane veered their truck into my lane so that he or she could miss a puddle. A truck. A puddle. We were only driving at 20-25mph but still.. a puddle.
Chris Schammert

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20953 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 05:35:40 »
The census next Tuesday is supposed to be mostly online.

That will be around 24 million people all using a government web site at the same time, or at least within a period of a few hours.

Census is mandatory by law, in case people don't know, and has to be done in the evening of next Tuesday.  $180 fine a day if you don't complete your entry.

Their call centre has already crashed and burned due to overload because of (mostly) pensioners who are not sure what to do.

This is not looking good ...

you called it, unfortunately

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/08/the-australian-census-website-is-down/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20954 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 05:38:52 »

That will be around 24 million people all using a government web site at the same time, or at least within a period of a few hours.

Census is mandatory by law, in case people don't know, and has to be done in the evening of next Tuesday.  $180 fine a day if you don't complete your entry.

Their call centre has already crashed and burned due to overload because of (mostly) pensioners who are not sure what to do.

Yep :))

144792-0

It's been doing that for the last hour.

Fortunately my other half did ours earlier this afternoon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20955 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 05:39:57 »

Yep :))

(Attachment Link)

It's been doing that for the last hour.

Fortunately my other half did ours earlier this afternoon.

i did mine on the weekend but my roommate has left it til tonight...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20956 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 05:45:18 »

And they way they are storing and using the data..

Get Real. This is the modern world.

Information is important, and census information is vital for the rational operation of society.
And it is also just about the most "neutral" data out there.

I have delved deep into US census information in studying my family history. As you watch it unfold, it is amazing. In the early days, census-takers went door-to-door to ask questions. In the earliest days, there was the "head of the household" by his white male name, then numbers of males and females by age in decade-length brackets, and numbers of Negroes by male and female.

It took a sizeable chunk of a century for the actual names of each actual person to be recorded, and even longer to include meaningful information about any one of them.

Goofballs who claim to be afraid of "Big Brother" and that he will know where they live are just Luddites who are several generations out of synch with reality. If you really want to get "off the grid" it can probably be done, but not by ignoring this year's census questionnaire.

Mainly the fact that not much that is online is safe any more.  And that the Aussie government makes census data available to the public.  Or something like that - I've gotten hold of some older census data via download.  The alternative is to fill in a paper form and send some money somewhere to receive some sort of storage media with the census information on it.  That sort of manual bureaucracy tends to put people off asking.

But if it is available online, there are heaps of tools to distill and analyze the data, and to exploit the tenuous cross-references between personal identifiable information and mere statistics.

Like as far as i know we all get paid wildly varying salaries at work, and I'm sure no-one wants everyone else to know what they earn.  and silly questions like is our daughter actually our daughter.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline joey

« Reply #20957 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 05:45:43 »
blaze it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20958 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 15:05:43 »
The ABS and Census websites are unavailable
The service won’t be restored tonight. We will update you in the morning. We apologise for the inconvenience. There will be no fines for completing the Census after August 9. There’s still plenty of time to complete the Census. Thanks for your patience.

That's 'cause government employees stop work at 5pm.

144840-0

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20959 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:40:09 »
Whose smart ass idea at yahoo was it to not have a chat or phone support? I can't login to my account and none of their help forums actually provide any help.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20960 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:44:19 »
ngl pretty ****ing mad rn

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20961 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:56:35 »
Renewed my license today. My old picture was ten years old. I knew I'd gotten fat since, so that wasn't a surprise, but the grin that made me look like a molester didn't help either.  :-[

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20962 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 13:04:41 »
Renewed my license today. My old picture was ten years old. I knew I'd gotten fat since, so that wasn't a surprise, but the grin that made me look like a molester didn't help either.  :-[

Romelester
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20963 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 13:06:27 »

Romelester

:eek:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20964 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:02:20 »

Romelester

:eek:

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?huh?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?
Chris Schammert

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20965 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:24:41 »
Yesterday:
Manager- "I am putting you on this new project tomorrow. I'll inform the PM."

Next day I show up to new project:
PM- "Who are you and what are you doing in my lab? Get out of here."

Manager took the day off and apparently he's the only one who knew about this so I literally did nothing all day long, and am slated for even more nothing tomorrow. What the actual **** level of sheer incompetence.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #20966 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 00:32:13 »
Almost got hit while out driving. It was at a particularly narrow part of the road and this young wippersnapper wasn't watching the road. (90% sure he was looking at his phone, I could see he was looking down while driving.)
He swerved right as he was bout to hit us and barely missed.

I'm already anxious about driving on this road because it's so narrow, and when something like that happens I don't wanna leave the house. :/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20967 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:08:40 »
The neighbours have four 4WD parked out the front or up their driveway.

I heard one arrive, and it has very loud doors.

I am anticipating much car door slamming later tonight, probably just after I've gone to sleep.

Again.

Dug out an old webcam and started it recording, but it's too dark outside to see much.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20968 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:45:27 »

I am anticipating much car door slamming later tonight, probably just after I've gone to sleep.

Again.

Dug out an old webcam and started it recording, but it's too dark outside to see much.

What are your neighbours drug dealers or something? Go over there are ask if you can grab a 20.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20969 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:58:28 »

Again.

What are your neighbours drug dealers or something? Go over there are ask if you can grab a 20.

I can see it now.. "Eh, let me get a dollar man. You got fifty cents? Let me get fifty cents."
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20970 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 08:55:09 »

I can see it now.. "Eh, let me get a dollar man. You got fifty cents? Let me get fifty cents."

50cents worth of drugs?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20971 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 09:00:09 »

Again.

Good to hear that you guys over in Australia have late-night door-slamming parties just like here in the US, my neighbors love them!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20972 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 09:03:58 »

50cents worth of drugs?

What are drugs?
Chris Schammert

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20973 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:11:59 »

50cents worth of drugs?

What are drugs?

Drugs are like women, some are really good and some are really bad. You can have a great time with them or a really **** time. In the end... they both cost a ****-ton of money and ruin your life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20974 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:13:49 »

What are drugs?

Drugs are like women, some are really good and some are really bad. You can have a great time with them or a really **** time. In the end... they both cost a ****-ton of money and ruin your life.

Tp4 am well cognizant on the parallels between narcotics and females..

However,  it should be more precisely noted that the females are only similar if you are purchasing the SERVICE only, and not Buying the Cow..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20975 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:16:23 »

What are drugs?

However,  it should be more precisely noted that the females are only similar if you are purchasing the SERVICE only, and not Buying the Cow..

elaborate pls. I think i get what you mean but i need clarification before I take a cheap shot at my wife on a keyboard forum.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20976 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:28:06 »

What are drugs?

elaborate pls. I think i get what you mean but i need clarification before I take a cheap shot at my wife on a keyboard forum.

Tp4 = Friend of Females of Geekhack,

________will refrain from extending ammunition in internal marital disputes...

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20977 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:37:44 »

What are drugs?

Tp4 = Friend of Females of Geekhack,

________will refrain from extending ammunition in internal marital disputes...

Show Image

That is what someone on drugs would say.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20979 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:56:37 »

That is what someone on drugs would say.

Tp4, No do Drugs..
Show Image

You know if you just said you did drugs, a lot of things would make sense. It doesn't even have to be true....

Either way I don't do drugs either but dam do I miss them. Its been like 8 years since I last injected marajewannas and shelved pingas. ****ING WORK AND THEIR DRUG TESTS KEEPING ME CLEAN FOR 8 ****ING YEARS.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20980 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 12:53:05 »
Frickin' hummingbird buzzed my hair as I was walking into the house. WTF! They are vicious down here in FL :eek:
Chris Schammert

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20981 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 13:26:45 »
Frickin' hummingbird buzzed my hair as I was walking into the house. WTF! They are vicious down here in FL :eek:

Humming Birds are amazingly ballsy and aggressive.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20982 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 13:37:23 »

You probably would be too if your heart beat 1200 times a minute.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20983 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 13:41:16 »

You probably would be too if your heart beat 1200 times a minute.

LOL. What's worse is that I found out that PB Blaster in my area does not come with a straw :'(

Edit - A slightly sanded plastic Q-Tip straw kind of works :))
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 August 2016, 15:03:07 by csmertx »
Chris Schammert

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20984 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 13:45:32 »
Just found out another co-worker is leaving. Sucks because other than our manager I've worked with this guy longer than anyone else here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20985 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 17:29:12 »
Just found out another co-worker is leaving. Sucks because other than our manager I've worked with this guy longer than anyone else here.

Quit...  Start a fry Restaurant..   pssssssssssssssssss..... who lives in a pineapple under the sea...

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #20986 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 04:01:37 »
****ing fever right before 2 important exams

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20987 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 06:28:42 »
Whose smart ass idea at yahoo was it to not have a chat or phone support? I can't login to my account and none of their help forums actually provide any help.

m8 is this 2012 or what. Who has a Yahoo account anymore?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20988 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 07:55:47 »

Me.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20989 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 07:56:46 »

Me.

stop trolling

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20990 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 08:14:15 »

Me.

stop trolling

Tp4 still gots a yahoo account too..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20991 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 08:17:11 »

Me.

stop trolling

See previous comment regarding drugs and TP.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20992 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 08:18:15 »

flickr m8

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20993 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 08:18:55 »

Me.

stop trolling

See previous comment regarding drugs and TP.

I still have my Yahoo account (actually, it's my first email account) ;D
Chris Schammert

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20994 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 09:16:45 »

flickr m8

EW BRO.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20995 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 11:19:58 »

flickr m8

EW BRO.
wat

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20996 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 12:09:48 »
I am not a fan of flickr.

I also just bought a **** ton of stuff. A blind for the back of my car, another roof rack fairing (the right size this time) and some stickers for it, some new shoes (thank you R1N3 for being my own personal PO Box) and I'm just about to buy another back seat for my car as well.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #20997 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 23:43:08 »
I haven't talked to my girlfriend in like 3 days and I can't win in League of Legends

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20998 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 01:11:12 »
Page 420?

Anyway, one of my toes was hurting last week, and the toe nail has turned black.  I guess it's going to fall off soon.

I have no idea what I did to it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20999 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:19:44 »
Page 420?

(Attachment Link)

Anyway, one of my toes was hurting last week, and the toe nail has turned black.  I guess it's going to fall off soon.

I have no idea what I did to it.

One of my fingernails fell off when I was a kid (unchecked infection iirc). It was such a strange feeling to touch the nail bed :confused: Not fun at all
Chris Schammert