Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4250344 times)

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #21200 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 03:24:12 »
Went out Saturday night and got pretty drunk but no amnesia or sickness so less so than 'usual' (I don't drink often, it usually doesn't go well) yet here I am 30+ hours later still feeling like crap and it's time to go to work.

I've said it before but this time I mean it - never again.
I feel ya dude. It seems like once I surpassed 22 years old, my hangovers both came on with fewer drinks and lasted way longer! At this point you need to drink water to replenish yourself. Mix that with some caffeine annnnnd  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21201 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 06:14:04 »
tp4 muted again?

Where will I get my dose of wtf now?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #21202 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 06:22:24 »
tp4 muted again?

Now THAT is tragic. What did he do?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21203 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 06:57:14 »
Oh, dear. He did get himself mutified
Chris Schammert

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21204 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 07:32:35 »
I can't even tell how on earth he did it again

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21205 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 07:48:14 »
tp4 muted again?

Now THAT is tragic. What did he do?

My first skiing instructor told me that if I did not fall down, often, then I was not trying hard enough.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #21206 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 15:07:37 »
tp4 muted again?

did he get muted for being on the minority side of an argument again?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #21207 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 02:36:51 »
Went out Saturday night and got pretty drunk but no amnesia or sickness so less so than 'usual' (I don't drink often, it usually doesn't go well) yet here I am 30+ hours later still feeling like crap and it's time to go to work.

I feel ya dude. It seems like once I surpassed 22 years old, my hangovers both came on with fewer drinks and lasted way longer! At this point you need to drink water to replenish yourself. Mix that with some caffeine annnnnd  :thumb:

Drank nearly four litres including an energy drink, got plenty of sleep, still feel like I've been sat in a room full of paint fumes for hours :-\

tp4 muted again?

Posted an empty thread which got deleted.  Repeat 2 more times, got officially warned.  Then posted it again...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21208 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:08:47 »

Drank nearly four litres including an energy drink, got plenty of sleep, still feel like I've been sat in a room full of paint fumes for hours :-\

tp4 muted again?

Posted an empty thread which got deleted.  Repeat 2 more times, got officially warned.  Then posted it again...

I saw one of his empty threads.  Missed the other ones.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21209 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:12:01 »
Also is it me or is there less time in each day now?

Years go there seemed to be lots of time each day, like at least 28 hours.  I'd finish everything I wanted to do and still have a few hours spare.  Every day!

Now it feels like there are barely 20 hours in each day.  Subtract 10 for work.  Subtract 2.5 for commuting.  Subtract 8 for sleeping.  That's already 20.5 hours out of the 20.

Where has time gone?

Seriously falling behind in the forum now.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21210 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:17:35 »

Years go there seemed to be lots of time each day, like at least 28 hours.  I'd finish everything I wanted to do and still have a few hours spare.  Every day!

Now it feels like there are barely 20 hours in each day.  Subtract 10 for work.  Subtract 2.5 for commuting.  Subtract 8 for sleeping.  That's already 20.5 hours out of the 20.

Where has time gone?

You can't connect while commuting? 2.5 hours - holy hell that's a lot of time spent commuting each day :eek:
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:44:52 by csmertx »
Chris Schammert

Offline jaffers

« Reply #21211 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:34:30 »

Where has time gone?

mfw falling behind. mfw 21k posts

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21212 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:02:46 »

Where has time gone?

You can't connect while commuting? 2.5 hours - holy hell that's a lot of time spent commuting each day :eek:

In the morning I listen to news podcasts and catch up on social media.

In the afternoon I listen to gaming and/or science podcasts and sometimes sleep on the train.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #21213 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:09:17 »
The thread with pictures of everyone's alien hands

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21214 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:10:45 »

Pic of yours.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #21215 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:11:47 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21216 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:14:17 »

So what you're saying is that you can't handle it?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #21217 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:14:51 »

So what you're saying is that you can't handle it?
:thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21219 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:48:27 »

Where has time gone?

In the morning I listen to news podcasts and catch up on social media.

In the afternoon I listen to gaming and/or science podcasts and sometimes sleep on the train.

Oh yea, I forgot that you mentioned sleeping on the train before. I like to read during long bus/plane/trolley/subway trips--it helps me avoid lots of awkward glancing around haha
Chris Schammert

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #21220 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 18:08:28 »
So much **** to do today that I only got a ten minute lunch.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21221 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 18:36:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:12:52 by alienman82 »

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #21222 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 18:47:12 »
So much **** to do today that I only got a ten minute lunch.
harsh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #21223 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 18:57:17 »
tp4 muted again?

The mods hate what they can't understand..

Tp4 = Victim,  hahahahaha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21224 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 18:59:03 »
tp4 muted again?

He's baaaaaaaaaaack ........

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21225 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 19:02:00 »
tp4 muted again?

ono
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21226 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 19:04:18 »
tp4 muted again?

ono

/will not be deterred by oppression and the abuse of power. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21227 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 20:59:30 »
Them mods at it again,

Locking off topic threads, in off topic.. hahahahahahhaha

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21228 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:06:01 »
Them mods at it again,

Try making a new one every fifteen seconds, maybe that will work

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21229 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:07:17 »
Them mods at it again,

Sure Halverson, I'mma try that..

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21230 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:10:21 »
Them mods at it again,

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

Fight the powa! Down with unnecessary moderating!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21231 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:12:28 »
Them mods at it again,

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

Yea, I really don't understand what the problem with the thread is...

ooo.. wait,  I think I called the mod who deleted my thread a dim-wit accidentally in a response explaining the way the thread worked.

Hey mods, I'm sorry for calling you a dim-wit.. Tp4 am sorry, Tp4 take it back..

Please unlock my thread..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21232 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:15:55 »
Them mods at it again,

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

ooo.. wait,  I think I called the mod who deleted my thread a dim-wit accidentally in a response explaining the way the thread worked.

Hey mods, I'm sorry for calling you a dim-wit.. Tp4 am sorry, Tp4 take it back..

Maybe you should start a blog!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21233 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:18:01 »
Them mods at it again,

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

But Tp4 wants to talk to all them Geekhack Buddies..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21234 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:18:47 »
Them mods at it again,

hahaha..

Fight the power ?

But Tp4 wants to talk to all them Geekhack Buddies..

TP blog thread here? Change title when you feel like changing discussion?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21235 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:21:04 »

I don't think that would work, because many of the topics are a bit Toooo far from one another..

And some are a bit too adult, like my previous novel thread which i've discontinued.. 

So if something too adult content kept getting bumped.. that wouldn't be good for the kids reading the stuff.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21236 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:23:55 »

I don't think that would work, because many of the topics are a bit Toooo far from one another..

And some are a bit too adult, like my previous novel thread which i've discontinued.. 

So if something too adult content kept getting bumped.. that wouldn't be good for the kids reading the stuff.

NSFthechillens

TP needs his own sub forum!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21237 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:35:09 »

+1! with sub-forums for all the professional services he offers, eg. chef, lawyer, mouse modification consultant, how to speed type, dating consultation, etc.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21238 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:42:44 »

+1! with sub-forums for all the professional services he offers, eg. chef, lawyer, mouse modification consultant, how to speed type, dating consultation, etc.

Or you know..

Just make TP4 Mod,  because Tp4 has so many ideas about how to make Geekhack great..

What the mods have done thus far is problematic in that they've failed to engage the Users, and build a community..

The sales section might be active,  but is that all we want Geekhack to be, a warehouse ?

And honestly, it's been a pretty poor warehouse, because again, the mods won't take responsibility for certain things..

We can't fault them for that, they have limited capacity, but, still there are ideas we could try, ideas that should not require a huge time input..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21239 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:47:42 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21240 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:49:24 »
Show Image

digi is clearly voting trump

Think about it this way..

TRUMP.. as big an idiot as he seems,   How is it even possible that he wins../ close to winning

If he WINS,  clearly ,  he's a freaking genius in disguise.. and would make a great president.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21241 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:50:50 »
Show Image

voting is a waste of time.. takes time away from camping Slickdeals.net

just look at this cutting board I don't need - $20?! THAT is a deal Sir TP of Geekingham - http://slickdeals.net/f/9080211-craftsman-butcher-block-top-for-premium-heavy-duty-base-cabinets-19-99-free-store-pickup-sears?src=sticky

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:52:40 by digi »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21242 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:52:24 »
Show Image

voting is a waste of time.. takes time away from camping Slickdeals.net

/Totes agree..

I'm camping out for a 4k tv with wide-gamut..

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #21243 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:00:07 »
Slickdeals for prez?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21245 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:01:47 »
Slickdeals for prez?

Yes! At least it will help you financially.....actually maybe not....now that I think about it...just vote for Trump and grab some popcorn.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21246 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:13:08 »
A frozen baguette, I want it now!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21247 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:19:37 »

Canadians....

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21248 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:20:09 »

Canadians....

Are we bothering you? Should I just grab a cheeseburger?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21249 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:23:11 »

Canadians....

Are we bothering you? Should I just grab a cheeseburger?

Yes!...I'm starting to feel better already...whew! 8)