Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4250332 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #21300 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 11:45:44 »
It bothers me that Sifo has changed his avatar to trash, I am very displeased
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21301 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:16:56 »
Moved about a week and a half ago and just keep running into problems.  So far, we've ran into:

1. On the day we moved, we couldn't get oversized chair in the house so it's just sitting in the garage.

2. Also same day we moved, we also realized that our box spring won't fit upstairs into our room, so we've been sleeping on just a mattress while waiting for a new folding one to arrive.

3. A few days later we moved the washer and dryer in only to find out the dryer cable is different.  What should be an easy fix isn't easy because one of the screws for the power cable on the dryer is stripped and won't come out.  Luckily we have a service plan for it but they won't be out until this Thursday, so no clothes have been washed in about 10 days and we're all almost out of clean ones. 

4. Our kitchen island shipped and arrived last week missing all of the hardware and the replacements won't be here for at least another week,

5. The cable package my wife picked up last Friday was missing a bunch of parts inside the packages and we have to drive almost 40 minutes there and back to the same place to pick them back up because there are no other locations that allow for pickup.

6. We picked up the couch we bought over a week ago and realized after we got it home that even though the measurements said it should fit, that was incorrect.  Now having a glass installer come out tomorrow to look into the cost of removing a large single pane window in the living room to get the couch in, otherwise we will have to return it and buy a sectional or smaller sofa.

7. Went to clean the downstairs bathroom yesterday and stepped in a puddle, ended up that something leaked about 5 gallons of water in the basement that spread between the laundry room, bathroom, and living room.  Luckily the basement floor isn't carpeted so I cleaned up the water but still don't know for sure what caused the leak.

8. This morning I went to get ready for work and realized that the hot water wasn't working.  When trying to figure out the problem with the leak yesterday I must've shut off the water heater and now it won't turn back on.

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21302 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:28:47 »
Moved about a week and a half ago and just keep running into problems.  So far, we've ran into:

1. On the day we moved, we couldn't get oversized chair in the house so it's just sitting in the garage.

2. Also same day we moved, we also realized that our box spring won't fit upstairs into our room, so we've been sleeping on just a mattress while waiting for a new folding one to arrive.

3. A few days later we moved the washer and dryer in only to find out the dryer cable is different.  What should be an easy fix isn't easy because one of the screws for the power cable on the dryer is stripped and won't come out.  Luckily we have a service plan for it but they won't be out until this Thursday, so no clothes have been washed in about 10 days and we're all almost out of clean ones. 

4. Our kitchen island shipped and arrived last week missing all of the hardware and the replacements won't be here for at least another week,

5. The cable package my wife picked up last Friday was missing a bunch of parts inside the packages and we have to drive almost 40 minutes there and back to the same place to pick them back up because there are no other locations that allow for pickup.

6. We picked up the couch we bought over a week ago and realized after we got it home that even though the measurements said it should fit, that was incorrect.  Now having a glass installer come out tomorrow to look into the cost of removing a large single pane window in the living room to get the couch in, otherwise we will have to return it and buy a sectional or smaller sofa.

7. Went to clean the downstairs bathroom yesterday and stepped in a puddle, ended up that something leaked about 5 gallons of water in the basement that spread between the laundry room, bathroom, and living room.  Luckily the basement floor isn't carpeted so I cleaned up the water but still don't know for sure what caused the leak.

8. This morning I went to get ready for work and realized that the hot water wasn't working.  When trying to figure out the problem with the leak yesterday I must've shut off the water heater and now it won't turn back on.

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE

We live in a third-floor apartment and realized a few months after we moved that we are severely limited on what can fit all the way up. We bought a $600 couch and ended up tearing it in a few places trying to get it just to the second floor. Realized it didn't work so we had it stored at my in-laws' where it's been sitting since. I told them to toss it.

$600 isn't much for a couch, but when you throw that cash, and the payment to the movers to try and move it, into the toilet, it made us pretty bitter about decor. We haven't really bought much furniture since and our place looks like freaking dorm rooms--nothing matches. We're going to try again this fall to measure accurately and see what we can haul upstairs.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #21303 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:39:41 »

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE

We live in a third-floor apartment and realized a few months after we moved that we are severely limited on what can fit all the way up. We bought a $600 couch and ended up tearing it in a few places trying to get it just to the second floor. Realized it didn't work so we had it stored at my in-laws' where it's been sitting since. I told them to toss it.

$600 isn't much for a couch, but when you throw that cash, and the payment to the movers to try and move it, into the toilet, it made us pretty bitter about decor. We haven't really bought much furniture since and our place looks like freaking dorm rooms--nothing matches. We're going to try again this fall to measure accurately and see what we can haul upstairs.

Ugh, **** living up that high. My first apartment was 3rd floor, I remember all too well the horrors of moving furniture into that place.

On the upside, if you have furniture you're getting rid of, it's a nice quick drop to the ground :D

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21304 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:06:16 »

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE

I lived on the 3rd floor at the first apartment of my own after moving out, when I was about 20-21.  Most of the furniture we were able to get up but if I remember correctly we actually had to tie up the couch and pull it upstairs from the small deck we had and get it in the living room that way.  We trashed that furniture though, so it was nice and easy when we left as we just got day-drunk and threw it off the deck!

For our couch, we found it and really like the color, size, and feel of it.  Also, it was one of the last couches we looked at in the store and were really surprised to see it was $600 but was $200 off for the Labor Day sale so it was $500 with taxes and care plan included.  I'm glad we can return it but it'll just be a pain in the ass to have to borrow a trailer to drive it 30 minutes to bring back, then to borrow a trailer again when we find a new one to bring it back home.  Here is to hoping the glass installer doesn't want like $300-400 to remove the glass!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #21305 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:11:47 »
More

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE

$600 isn't much for a couch, but when you throw that cash, and the payment to the movers to try and move it, into the toilet, it made us pretty bitter about decor. We haven't really bought much furniture since and our place looks like freaking dorm rooms--nothing matches. We're going to try again this fall to measure accurately and see what we can haul upstairs.[/more]

More
I lived on the 3rd floor at the first apartment of my own after moving out, when I was about 20-21.  Most of the furniture we were able to get up but if I remember correctly we actually had to tie up the couch and pull it upstairs from the small deck we had and get it in the living room that way.  We trashed that furniture though, so it was nice and easy when we left as we just got day-drunk and threw it off the deck!

For our couch, we found it and really like the color, size, and feel of it.  Also, it was one of the last couches we looked at in the store and were really surprised to see it was $600 but was $200 off for the Labor Day sale so it was $500 with taxes and care plan included.  I'm glad we can return it but it'll just be a pain in the ass to have to borrow a trailer to drive it 30 minutes to bring back, then to borrow a trailer again when we find a new one to bring it back home.  Here is to hoping the glass installer doesn't want like $300-400 to remove the glass!

Ya'll need to take a lesson from Sheldon..

The Perfect Room

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21306 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:50:16 »

PLZ JUST STOP HOUSE

My first apartment was on the second floor. We lived in a corner unit so it was just one flight of stairs--kind of easy I guess. Moving out was a lot of fun, plenty of drinks and various things sliding down the stairs. That place smelled funny, would not recommend 0_0
Chris Schammert

Offline joey

« Reply #21307 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:53:18 »
code

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21308 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 19:29:31 »
i think bee died
I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21309 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 19:39:16 »
i think bee died

She's active all the time on Slack.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21310 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 19:52:20 »
I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21312 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:09:25 »
Everybody at my house had been sick.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #21314 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 06:29:52 »
I think i might have a kidney infection. I had a cup of coffee just before bed last night because I was having caffeine withdrawals. I took a pair of ibuprofen as well as I had a headache.

I woke up with my girlfriend's alarm this morning about seven hours later BURSTING for the toilet, and ever since then my right kidney has been killing me. I'm kind of annoyed that my body didn't wake me up before then if I was so desperate for a piss...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21315 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 06:34:06 »
i think bee died
apple and demik died too

Offline joey

« Reply #21316 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 06:36:45 »
My Macbook's USB ports might be.. dodgy?

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #21317 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 07:24:38 »
I think i might have a kidney infection. I had a cup of coffee just before bed last night because I was having caffeine withdrawals. I took a pair of ibuprofen as well as I had a headache.

I woke up with my girlfriend's alarm this morning about seven hours later BURSTING for the toilet, and ever since then my right kidney has been killing me. I'm kind of annoyed that my body didn't wake me up before then if I was so desperate for a piss...
well i hope you can figure out whats going on

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21318 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 08:35:52 »

Welp.. it's over,   Better call the Soylent corporation before you spoil...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #21319 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 13:41:16 »
Now it's down to a dull ache but all of my lower back is hurting now... I've drunk like six pints of water today just to try and make myself feel better.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21320 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 14:54:20 »
Now it's down to a dull ache but all of my lower back is hurting now... I've drunk like six pints of water today just to try and make myself feel better.

Just sell it for 1/2 price on the black market and buy some caps with the money.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21321 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 17:54:39 »

Just sell it for 1/2 price on the black market and buy some caps with the money.

how does one arrive at a kidney infection ?    bad foods?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21322 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 18:16:11 »

not enough ramen

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21323 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 19:15:42 »

not enough ramen

It was at the back of my mind..   Agreed..  More Ramen is the cure. 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21324 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 23:58:23 »
forgot to pay credit card rip $20 interest
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21325 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 02:01:23 »
I miss mari...
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #21326 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:21:51 »
I miss mari...
Have you seen my comment at the top of this page sifo?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21327 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:29:27 »
I miss mari...

Emilia is best girl, at least in that show.
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #21328 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:33:45 »
I miss mari...

You're dead to me sifo for saying that, she belongs in the traaaaaaaaaaash
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21329 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:35:04 »
I miss mari...

You must be thinking of Rem

More
Secret, I haven't actually watched the show I just really like Emilia's design.
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #21330 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 04:41:55 »
I miss mari...

You must be thinking of Rem

More
Secret, I haven't actually watched the show I just really like Emilia's design.
I'll keep it secret :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21331 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 06:03:53 »
Another evening gone, and I even left work early after the previous night's adventure.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21332 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 05:23:25 »
i'm in the mood to make stuff but I don't know what.

simply assembling keyboard kits is getting lame
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21333 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 06:38:54 »

Robots.. !

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21334 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:46:11 »
Was supposed to start a new project on Monday but HR seems to have lost one of required signatures in my project package so they won't start me until next Monday.

Which basically means I am sitting around doing jack **** for the next week. A forced unpaid vacation, if you will.

Bureaucracy at it's finest  :blank:

« Reply #21335 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 20:19:43 »

U like anime right try to sculpt one of those silly figurines or whatever.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21336 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 20:36:34 »
Constantly feel sad and lonely, not sure why... I'm super selfish and I'm pushing people away and it sucks.

Also I now have to decide if it's worth wondering where I should make my 2000th post at. :rolleyes:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21337 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 21:25:09 »
Constantly feel sad and lonely, not sure why... I'm super selfish and I'm pushing people away and it sucks.

Also I now have to decide if it's worth wondering where I should make my 2000th post at. :rolleyes:

Do you indulge in alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or any other recreational chemicals?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21338 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 21:25:37 »

OR...

ROBOTS.... //

« Reply #21339 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 23:42:14 »

im here to listen pm if u want.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #21340 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 03:12:21 »

same as above

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21341 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 03:49:11 »

I'm creatively retarded

I just wanna make something cool to leave behind.

also my wrist/back hurts **** my life
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 September 2016, 04:42:42 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21342 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 07:27:11 »

I'm creatively retarded

Time to go standing desk + Ergodox

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21343 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 07:33:51 »

I'm creatively retarded

work isn't  going to buy me a standing desk, also I have a bad ankle so standing for more than 20 ish minutes will actually harm me more.
I love Elzy

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #21344 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 13:12:55 »
sudp apt-get update && sudp apt-get upgrade. I should probably switch to something ergonomic
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21345 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 14:18:57 »

work isn't  going to buy me a standing desk, also I have a bad ankle so standing for more than 20 ish minutes will actually harm me more.

You just need some paper boxes, a piece of Wood, and your laptop + keyboard.... 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21346 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 12:10:15 »
help I slept for 24 hours
I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21348 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 12:15:42 »

I get that much in a full week.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #21349 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 12:38:28 »

Did you really? Without waking up once?