Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4286842 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #21500 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 09:52:17 »
i need a few thousand dollars of disposable income

Hey fever season is in full swing now, especially with the gale force northerly winds today.

Time to build Tp4 airfilter..
Show Image

Can that be modified for a 'window' ac unit? The people that maintained my first apartment thought it was a good idea to place a palm tree inches away from the dedicated wall unit. The AC 'window' unit was installed in a hole in the bricks. No window. I guess they were trying to not block the windows with the palm tree?
Show Image
I could have used something like that back then. Palm tree pollen got meh

If you are using the AC unit for  Heating or Cooling,   then just place the The --Whole-- boxfan + filter infront of the ac, blowing directly into the AC- intake

The AC will suck in the clean air, and you will actually now never have to clean that ac-unit.

The reason you don't want to take just the filter panel and tape it to the AC, is because the AC doesn't actually have much suction to begin with, and therefore, if you put drag on an already low powered duct fan, it greatly loses cooling// heating efficiency.

By using the additional box fan to pull the clean air through FIRST,you will retain as much cooling/heating power as you had, but now in additional to Clean air.

Soo.. wouldn't I need to waterproof the box fan/filter if I was to use it to feed the intake of the ac unit in question?

There's no water going into the box fan.

It will only pull the room air through its filters.

The space immediately surrounding the box fan is all clean/filtered air

Your wall ac will merely suck that in.. 

THus the ac itself will be all clean due to the box fan having already filtered out the dust..

Moisture buildup on the box fan filter is not a problem, unless your humidity is super high AND is condensing..

I am royally confused :confused:
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #21501 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 10:54:57 »
The box fan air filter is INSIDE the same room, but it is blowing towards the window unit.

The window unit takes in air from the INSIDE of the room, it does not circulate the outside air.

So, if this windows unit is taking in air from its Front (now facing the fan)..

It will be ingesting the Clean air from the fan..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21502 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 11:42:01 »
The box fan air filter is INSIDE the same room, but it is blowing towards the window unit.

The window unit takes in air from the INSIDE of the room, it does not circulate the outside air.

What are you on about? The unit drew fresh air from the place where fresh air originates from. Outside. That's why my apartment smelled like years of palm trees and repression.
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21503 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 11:45:49 »

What are you on about? The unit drew fresh air from the place where fresh air originates from. Outside. That's why my apartment smelled like years of palm trees and repression.

Some units have an indoor outdoor intake option

Does ur unit allow you to disable the outdoor intake ?  I had an old window/wall unit that did that in my youth.

Because it's highly inefficient to be cooling outdoor air.

Also, how sure are you that it takes in outside air,  because most window/wall units have a segregation in the middle,  the outside portion has a heat exchanger, but that's only the hot side,  its' insulated from the inside which is the cool side.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21504 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 12:25:18 »

Does ur unit allow you to disable the outdoor intake ?  I had an old window/wall unit that did that in my youth.

Also, how sure are you that it takes in outside air,  because most window/wall units have a segregation in the middle,  the outside portion has a heat exchanger, but that's only the hot side,  its' insulated from the inside which is the cool side.

All ac units have some form of fresh air intake. CO2 consumption is not healthy afaik. I would list make and model but I moved out of that apartment seven years ago.  By first apartment I meant my first bachelor pad. No roommates, it was glorious :)
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21505 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 13:27:04 »

All ac units have some form of fresh air intake. CO2 consumption is not healthy afaik. I would list make and model but I moved out of that apartment seven years ago.  By first apartment I meant my first bachelor pad. No roommates, it was glorious :)

they might not be SEAL-ED..  but most wall units i've seen does typically still functions within 10000-15000 btus   which means attempting too much intake of hot outside air would be really bad.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21506 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 13:36:49 »
Can someone please type about something? Did a leaf fly in your face today? Something. All we have right now is this page of rubbish :(
Chris Schammert

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21507 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 14:16:09 »
What's bothering me is I want to cook something for dessert but have no chocolate.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21508 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 15:11:25 »
What's bothering me is I want to cook something for dessert but have no chocolate.

powdered sugar

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21509 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 15:12:02 »
Can someone please type about something? Did a leaf fly in your face today? Something. All we have right now is this page of rubbish :(

It's not Tp4's fault csmertx's not familiar with dem 'HVAC..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21510 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 16:36:03 »

I feel for you.

There is no substitute for chocolate.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #21511 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 18:22:40 »
Did my first click mod for my alps board today and the fact that the tactile leaf isn't even secured inside the switch was infuriating
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21512 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 18:27:11 »
Found out someone that screwed me over also screwed someone else over and it sucks hard.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #21513 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 18:35:36 »
Found out someone that screwed me over also screwed someone else over and it sucks hard.

That's not good to hear. Do you have any method to fix the issue?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21514 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 00:38:25 »

It's not Tp4's fault csmertx's not familiar with dem 'HVAC..

Show Image

Staph tp. I think I need a grown up. A wild tp haz appeared :-[
Chris Schammert

Offline iri

« Reply #21515 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 07:50:56 »
 had great time in Russia. Drank three days in a row. Russian beer must be some kind of magic -- it neither gives me hangover nor even makes my liver complain. Golden autumn is in the middle, and the weather was good. Been in the forest twice, making barbecue.
But now its all over and I have to go back. Am very sad and depressed.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21516 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 09:34:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:59:45 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21517 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 11:19:07 »
sweat pants mode today @tp4tissue

Sweatpants mode = Best mode.

Wear it outside to let everyone know how uncomfortable they all are relative to your glorious pants..

Also, gotta wear old worn sweatpants with the loose waist band..   Life = Good..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21518 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 16:23:49 »
was doing some switches and squirted out some lube and it ****ing flew somewhere and I don't know where it's not on my desk nor on my keyboards nor on me nor on the floor WHERE THE **** DID IT GO
I love Elzy

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21519 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 16:32:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:59:20 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21520 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 16:50:49 »
was doing some switches and squirted out some lube and it ****ing flew somewhere and I don't know where it's not on my desk nor on my keyboards nor on me nor on the floor WHERE THE **** DID IT GO

been there done that

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21521 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 16:57:56 »

been there done that

Sounds like what happened to me when I was trying to refurbish an Omron switch :(
Chris Schammert

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #21522 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 17:43:34 »
I've got some coats, fragrances and earphones to sell. Am I allowed to advertise them on here? Earphones obv not an issue but coats and fragrances?
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21523 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 18:35:45 »
I've got some coats, fragrances and earphones to sell. Am I allowed to advertise them on here? Earphones obv not an issue but coats and fragrances?

You can list anything that isn't illegal as far as I know.

There just might not be any interest.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #21524 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:00:47 »
I found six albums in my Amazon Digital Music that I bought a few years ago. I was happy at first, now I'm super bummed. The only album that is not super depressing is the Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros album (Up From Below). Still tho :(
Chris Schammert

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #21525 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:27:17 »
No one's replying the the UK meetup thread. I even posted a facebook page and reddit sub and everything :(
There's a WHAT now? Did you make a geekhack post because most people don't read Reddit lol
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #21526 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:46:28 »
No one's replying the the UK meetup thread. I even posted a facebook page and reddit sub and everything :(
There's a WHAT now? Did you make a geekhack post because most people don't read Reddit lol

Nope, I didn't make a seperate post yet. This is because there is already one pinned up. But at this rate I might do it. I know that many here are not from reddit, but the core group of people calling for the meetup is from reddit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21527 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:58:07 »

Nope, I didn't make a seperate post yet. This is because there is already one pinned up. But at this rate I might do it. I know that many here are not from reddit, but the core group of people calling for the meetup is from reddit.

I feel like it will be hard to appeal to the GH UK crowd with the word reddit :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21528 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 20:07:18 »

You can list anything that isn't illegal as far as I know.

There just might not be any interest.

Unbeknown to his wife.. Spamray runs the Geekhack Underground page for ---Illegal--- Goods..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21529 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 04:50:20 »
House-destroying equipment was delivered down the road at 19:47 tonight.

At 20:00 it becomes illegal to make construction noise, including heavy machinery and delivery of plant/equipment.

Although they did deliver the portable toilet at 6:25 one morning, and noise is not permitted before 7am.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #21530 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 06:30:03 »

I feel like it will be hard to appeal to the GH UK crowd with the word reddit :p

Should I make a seperate Slack server for our 2017 UK meetup? :)

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #21531 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 07:31:06 »
it really bothers me when people confuse "wrist rest" with "arm rest".

damn.  :mad:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #21532 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 08:13:01 »

You can sell whatever you want in Classifieds, as long as it follows the rules (item in hand, verification shot, etc).  If you have a small etsy-like operation (mentioning because of the fragrance piece), those items would belong in the Artisan forum.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21533 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 08:48:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:59:12 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21534 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 08:54:42 »
half asleep drinking water since recovering from some bad food.  spilled the water on my t shirt which woke me up.  enduring the whole sickness now

Try pushups..  clears sinus. 

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21535 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 09:07:28 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:59:07 by alienman82 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21536 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 20:35:20 »
Black guy at work was calling everyone 'cracker' and 'whitey' all day today and people thought it was hilarious. Gotta love double standards, white guilt, and rampart racism.

Didn't offend me, but I'm tempted to report his ass to HR anyway. I aint no snitch though, so tomorrow I'll just call him nigga all day. See how that goes over in the office.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21537 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 20:50:51 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:58:47 by alienman82 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21538 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 20:55:36 »
Black guy at work was calling everyone 'cracker' and 'whitey' all day today and people thought it was hilarious. Gotta love double standards, white guilt, and rampart racism.

Didn't offend me, but I'm tempted to report his ass to HR anyway. I aint no snitch though, so tomorrow I'll just call him nigga all day. See how that goes over in the office.

did he say cracker or cracka.  if cracker I am offended  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :):blank: :-\ That's unprofessional though 

He actually made a whipping sound a few times, honestly I think a lot of people were laughing nervously because they didn't know what else to do. The guy is new, and if he does that around the PM he's toast.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21539 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 04:25:33 »

At 20:00 it becomes illegal to make construction noise, including heavy machinery and delivery of plant/equipment.

Although they did deliver the portable toilet at 6:25 one morning, and noise is not permitted before 7am.

First house gone, only a small pile of rubble is left.

Second house is still standing.  That will probably go tomorrow.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #21540 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 05:44:11 »
can't login to snapchat >:(

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #21541 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 07:22:48 »
Midterms beginning in a few hours, stressed beyond belief
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21542 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 09:36:59 »
I need a new phone and winter jacket but I've already spent so much money ugh

not good, I was doing so well and then bam $2k gone
I love Elzy

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #21543 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 09:38:45 »
I need a new phone and winter jacket but I've already spent so much money ugh

not good, I was doing so well and then bam $2k gone

Yeah but those are good investments to make with your money if you need them.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21544 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 09:39:35 »
I know I know :(

get paid on Friday
I love Elzy

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #21545 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 09:53:23 »
I know I know :(

get paid on Friday

That's not too bad than.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21546 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 12:07:08 »
I miss Mari
I love Elzy

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21547 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:19:55 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:58:24 by alienman82 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #21548 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 02:53:04 »
have em i'm ready to die

biggest migraine today zzz at work for 6 more hours
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21549 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 04:52:26 »

First house gone, only a small pile of rubble is left.

Second house is still standing.  That will probably go tomorrow.

First block is mostly cleared, and half the second house has gone.  Muddy tracks all over the road.