Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4253843 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #23000 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 21:25:00 »
bee doesn't talk to me anymore

sifo doesn't talk to me anymore

Halverson doesn't talk to me anymore

Offline Kavik

« Reply #23001 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 02:04:54 »
Got a huge storm coming through in the next hour to hour and a half with estimated winds of 70-100mph.

Be safe man

Thanks! The storm shifted enough that we pretty much missed most of it, had some wind and rain but nothing very serious.

Now I'm bothered because a plastic lid managed to fall down onto the drying element in the dishwasher and the entire house smells like burnt plastic.  :-\

Are you in Oklahoma? Pretty much the same thing happened to me around the same time.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #23002 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 07:32:39 »
I tried Endless OS and I liked it.  :(
Chris Schammert

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #23003 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 08:06:03 »

Why's that bothering you?

I'm bothered that #! won't be continued

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #23004 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 08:16:58 »

It just seems wrong. I enjoyed the UI as is. It functioned rather well from a USB stick. There was no screen tearing while watching a fast-paced video. Help
Chris Schammert

Offline rioc

« Reply #23005 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:10:50 »

It just seems wrong. I enjoyed the UI as is. It functioned rather well from a USB stick. There was no screen tearing while watching a fast-paced video. Help

use it... do it!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #23006 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:30:28 »

use it... do it!

meep :confused:
Chris Schammert

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #23007 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 15:58:59 »
The amount of artisans that put out work with bubbles, imperfections and inconsistent work really bothers me. I'd much rather show pictures of my work to the public when I get good at it. Of course threads that help show others the process and the progress are cool to see and informational, but in my opinion work to be sold should be some of your best work. But people will still buy imperfect artisans and that's not a problem at all. Just my opinion sorry for the rant

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #23008 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:52:28 »
Coming home early to be there to accept a package only to find out they moved it to tomorrow...
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23009 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:54:26 »
The amount of artisans that put out work with bubbles, imperfections and inconsistent work really bothers me. I'd much rather show pictures of my work to the public when I get good at it. Of course threads that help show others the process and the progress are cool to see and informational, but in my opinion work to be sold should be some of your best work. But people will still buy imperfect artisans and that's not a problem at all. Just my opinion sorry for the rant

What about like B-stock sale artisans?  Where makers lower the prices on those caps due to the imperfections?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline mrduul

« Reply #23010 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:01:31 »

THIS!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23011 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 13:17:44 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:51:18 by alienman82 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23012 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 13:55:25 »
scratched one of my keyboard plates because I was too lazy to ****ing desolder everything to fix a stabilizer so I ended up trying to file the stabilizer hole in the plate and my hand slipped cuz I hadn't slept in like 16 hours I'm so ****ing stupid
I love Elzy

Offline nya

« Reply #23013 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:26:16 »
My sticky spacebar.

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #23014 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 21:52:43 »
My sticky spacebar.
Show Image

too much hentai?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23015 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 23:29:34 »
^ no such thing
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23016 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 00:49:39 »
scratched one of my keyboard plates because I was too lazy to ****ing desolder everything to fix a stabilizer so I ended up trying to file the stabilizer hole in the plate and my hand slipped cuz I hadn't slept in like 16 hours I'm so ****ing stupid

Was it a metal plate or an acrylic one? You can always polish out scratches in acrylic fairly easily :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23017 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 02:14:55 »

Was it a metal plate or an acrylic one? You can always polish out scratches in acrylic fairly easily :)

anodized alu but honestly it's not very noticeable especially with caps on, i'm just upset at myself for being stupid
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23018 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 15:42:37 »
Well that is lucky.

Just turn it upside down if you get annoyed by it and i'm sure it will be fine.

Kappa

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23019 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 19:21:50 »
Horrible heartburn for the past few weeks. Generally I always have a little heartburn at all times, but recently I get these really intense waves where it feels like I'm being stabbed in the stomach by a soldering iron and I get clammy and sweaty like I'm having a heart attack or something. Waking up in the middle of the night from the pain just to sit up in the dark until it subsides.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23020 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 19:26:28 »
Horrible heartburn for the past few weeks. Generally I always have a little heartburn at all times, but recently I get these really intense waves where it feels like I'm being stabbed in the stomach by a soldering iron and I get clammy and sweaty like I'm having a heart attack or something. Waking up in the middle of the night from the pain just to sit up in the dark until it subsides.
I'd say that qualifies as a good enough reason to go to the doctor.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23021 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 19:27:40 »

Not an option my man. Not an option.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23022 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 19:40:58 »

Why

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23023 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 20:40:52 »

Why

No medical insurance, and I don't really feel like paying $400 for a doc to look at my file for 20 seconds and tell me to come back later.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23024 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 20:56:22 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:51:14 by alienman82 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23025 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 21:34:07 »

Why

No medical insurance, and I don't really feel like paying $400 for a doc to look at my file for 20 seconds and tell me to come back later.

Well that sucks. I knew a guy who had insane heartburn since he was 14. Smoked weed hard to cover up the pain,'for a dozen years. Turns out his stomach acid destroyed his flappy thing. They ended up trying his stomach up to create some new system so acid wouldn't splash up. Worked real good.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #23026 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 21:46:04 »

Why

Go to an emergency room--they will do all kinds of tests on the spot.  Look into free or subsidized insurance as well--many states offer it.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #23027 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 21:52:54 »

Why

Go to an emergency room--they will do all kinds of tests on the spot.  Look into free or subsidized insurance as well--many states offer it.

I actually heard.. if you go to the emergency room..  and claim you're a drug addict , they just price you out for the least costly treatment,  but won't ask for further details..  and they'll just assssume you can't pay..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23028 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 22:04:38 »

Why

Well that sucks. I knew a guy who had insane heartburn since he was 14. Smoked weed hard to cover up the pain,'for a dozen years. Turns out his stomach acid destroyed his flappy thing. They ended up trying his stomach up to create some new system so acid wouldn't splash up. Worked real good.

this actually describes me perfectly, I've had acid reflux since I was like 15 and it's just become a daily pain I simply live with. Only recently have I begun wondering what the long-term damages to my insides have been with all that acid splashing around for almost 2 decades.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23029 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 22:25:51 »

Why

this actually describes me perfectly, I've had acid reflux since I was like 15 and it's just become a daily pain I simply live with. Only recently have I begun wondering what the long-term damages to my insides have been with all that acid splashing around for almost 2 decades.

I don't think it's deadly or anything but I know it gets worse. I honestly hate to think you have that, it's so bad sounding. Hope you can eventually find something to help

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #23030 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 22:26:58 »

Why

FYI... I have had that surgery, about 10 years ago now. Worked terrific for me. It is called Nissen Fundoplication surgery.

My first gastro doctor just kept prescribing me heartburn medicine... more and more. I went for a second opinion and he told me he knew what was wrong and with one test he could show me. He did a swallowing test and showed me that my valve between my esophagus and my stomach does not work properly to hold the acid down. He said, "Nissen surgery or esophageal cancer, your pick."

I am really not trying to scare you. I am just strongly recommending you get it checked out. Over time, I got to the point with my heartburn that about a third of the time after I ate, my heartburn would be so bad that I would throw the food back up. It doesn't sound like you are at that point. There are many heartburn medicines out there, you may just need to find the right one. They all work differently. Medicine was just not an option for me.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23031 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 10:11:32 »
Trying to connect my Lightsaver up using the Flip key but when I plug it in it just works... can't apply the config because I get a "Check Atmel USB Drivers" error when I try to upload the new map

feelsbadman

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23032 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 10:28:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:43:30 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23033 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:07:43 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:43:27 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23034 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 19:41:57 »
Trying to connect my Lightsaver up using the Flip key but when I plug it in it just works... can't apply the config because I get a "Check Atmel USB Drivers" error when I try to upload the new map

feelsbadman

did you 'program' and then 'reboot'

?

Also, try it on another PC might work.  Common problem.

I plugged it in when we built it and it worked straight off the bat. Plugged it in at home and again it worked straight away.

When I go to upload the firmware you get three buttons but can only click the first and that's when it comes up with that error :(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23035 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 20:53:26 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:50:31 by alienman82 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23036 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 21:32:43 »
Kids these days thinking they are fighting racism by being extremely racist themselves. Good move :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23037 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 22:29:38 »
there's actually a new keyboard I want...

;_; why you guys do this
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23038 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 22:40:34 »
I told you this would happen.  get ZZ96 next time

That's no help  :'(

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #23039 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 02:52:33 »
Kids these days thinking they are fighting racism by being extremely racist themselves. Good move :thumb:
That sucks man, although it did make me giggle a little. I can't even imagine what they're thinking.

Offline rioc

« Reply #23040 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 03:07:41 »

Is it racist if I hate my own race? (Oxford definition only states for race other than your own...)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #23041 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 04:14:27 »

Is it racist if I hate my own race? (Oxford definition only states for race other than your own...)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_racism Found this while doing a search. :D

Offline rioc

« Reply #23042 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 04:17:26 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_racism Found this while doing a search. :D

thought there must be a thing for that

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23043 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 18:25:06 »
SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY OOPS
I love Elzy

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #23044 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 18:55:46 »
Shallow toilet bowls at work make me have to hold my balls up because otherwise they dip right into the cold nasty toilet water. I hate shallow toilet bowls   >:D

dude I kno ri

:blank: :blank:

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #23045 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 19:29:38 »
SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY OOPS

Don't remind me of all the mistakes I've made. I swear I'm going to sell it all one day...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23046 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 19:48:13 »
over half of it was keyboard related lol
I love Elzy

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23047 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 19:49:22 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:42:43 by alienman82 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #23048 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 21:30:58 »
logged into the windows and I try to close programs with win shift Q. Bork. what the duck
Chris Schammert

Offline iri

« Reply #23049 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 09:47:16 »
link pls?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury