Author Topic: The microsoft windows super-thread!  (Read 40683 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Re: The microsoft windows super-thread!
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 12:32:38 »
Like this thread:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62629.0

Thanks!

I AM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU GETTING ANNOYED AT EVERYTHING. JUST GET WINDOWS 98 AND GET OVER IT. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH QUOTES. THEY ARE SIMPLY A SYSTEM OF ACKNOWLEDGING THE WISDOM OF OTHERS, SUCH AS ME.

I don't understand why trolls like you are not banned.

Because he's ****ing hilarious. xD

That "such as me" bit totally makes that post :D

I REGRET NOT HAVING WINDOWS 98. MY THERAPIST SAYS I SHOULD GET IT RIGHT AWAY!

I
for
one
welcome
our
new
nested
overlords!

NESTED COMMENTS WORK GREAT WHEN YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER.
[/color]
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 00:30:02 »
85364-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 01:06:24 »
I wanted to forget
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 08:22:37 »
I wonder how Microsoft Windows feels now that IE is officially dead as of the release of Win10.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 10:37:08 »
I wonder how Microsoft Windows feels now that IE is officially dead as of the release of Win10.

Did they finally get rid of IE?! I won't have to figure out annoying workaround a for it!? There is a god!

Edit, looked it up, they're still making a browser though.. Arg.. Let me have Firefox, chrome, and safari only damnit..c :-X
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 December 2014, 10:38:46 by dustinhxc »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 10:53:16 »
I won't judge that bridge by it's cover until it gets here.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 11:21:49 »

Did they finally get rid of IE?! I won't have to figure out annoying workaround a for it!? There is a god!

Edit, looked it up, they're still making a browser though.. Arg.. Let me have Firefox, chrome, and safari only damnit..c :-X

I think IE's just fine..  the only thing it doesn't have is adblock.. give me adblock.. I could use IE..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:11:50 »

He'll just continue to insist that everyone run Windows 98.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 16:25:03 »
88277-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 17:09:45 »
Every mac user I've ever met..  I get the vibe that they H8 using computers..  and they're always from my perspective a NOVICE user..

They care about -interface-, the rounded edges, and pretty graphics..

I USED to as well.. but I was much younger..

Eventually I saw through the charade, and beneath, I felt the beauty within Lines of text.. That's where the real information lives.. The rounded edges, and pretty animations mean NOTHING.. they're mere time consuming distractions.. A veil upon the Heart of the machine..

Everything you could possibly consume comes in 3 forms.. Text, Image, and AudioVisual.. 

That's really it....  And we don't need a fancy binder for it..  A simple tree-list with a search box is enough...

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 11:24:42 »
Microsoft Windows "Last Active: Fri, 31 October 2014, 12:29:40" :'(

Never Forget:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 22:53:57 »

Offline Touch_It

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:09:11 »
Windows supports threading now? Great, even super-threading! Oh darn, Intel uses Hyper-threading.... back to the drawing board.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 19:26:52 »
Windows supports threading now? Great, even super-threading! Oh darn, Intel uses Hyper-threading.... back to the drawing board.

As long as you only want one thread at a time to run.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 22:53:03 »
97127-0

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 11:10:35 »

Never Forget:

Show Image

RIP
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 05:58:09 »

Never Forget:

Show Image

RIP

His extended support must have run out.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:55:15 »
I AM VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP. ARE YOU?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:56:01 »
voting for demik

sry

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:57:36 »
voting for demik

sry
a vote for demik is a vote for world peace and love.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #272 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:58:59 »
Ah great MW is back.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:03:06 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:19:50 »
10/10 did not expect MW

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:39:15 »
10/10 did not expect MW

qft x1000

how've you been, microsoft windows? long time no see...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:31:34 »
tbh microsoft windows i missed you
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline osi

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:40:28 »
THE DONALD IS THE BEST CANDIDATE

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:52:05 »
Welcome back. Much has changed.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 11:57:42 »
If you vote for Donald Trump then you are declaring yourself to be a legally incompetent dunce.
🍉

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 11:59:37 »

HE'S BACK

WELCOME BACK MICROSOFT WINDOWS!!!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:41:50 »

If you vote for Donald Trump then you are declaring yourself to be a legally incompetent dunce.
not sure if joke missing or correct political statement
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
DRONES
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:43:27 »
DO YOU LIKE TO FLY DRONES? HAVE YOU SEEN ANYBODY FLYING DRONES? DO YOU FORESEE DRONES LEADING TO ANY CULTURAL CHANGES? THIS IS THE THREAD TO TALK ABOUT DRONES.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: DRONES
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:45:24 »
i love bombings!!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:45:34 »

STOP BEING A RACIST!

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:46:12 »
i love bombings!!

DO YOU THINK BOMBINGS SHOULD BE DONE USING DRONES?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:47:01 »
You WILL address the President of Geekhack with some respect.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:51:42 »

i love bombings!!

DO YOU THINK BOMBINGS SHOULD BE DONE USING DRONES?
heck yeah dude absolutely!!!!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:53:00 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:53:07 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:07:20 by esoomenona »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:54:11 »
I have to listen to you drone on in every thread you create.

THAT MEANS THAT YOU MUST BE A VERY STRONG SUPPORTER OF DRONES.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:54:21 »
GREAT DISCUSSION GUISE

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:56:04 »

GREAT DISCUSSION GUISE
WHATS A PBT
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 15:50:13 »
I flew some of the drones they had on demo at the street fairs,  and at my buddies'

Honestly.. it gets old kinda quick..    left right up down...  that's the whole shtick..

You can't go too far, because it quickly gets out of view in the bright sky..

Even the ones with the camera,  it's just really not that interesting looking into the camera..

Like, yay bird's eye view... cool..  30 seconds later, well ok, nothing else's happening..

And you got very limited range,  so it's not like you can ACTUALLY go off and find cool stuff that DOES happen...

So you get stressed because you're wasting the battery, and nothing's goin' on..

Sigh....

So that's my drone xperience thus far.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 05:49:07 »
ANYBODY ELSE WITH ANY THOUGHTS ON DRONES? DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE FLYING DRONES?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 05:51:47 »
106475-0

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 06:02:35 »

ANYBODY ELSE WITH ANY THOUGHTS ON DRONES? DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE FLYING DRONES?
yes!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline goflo

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 06:05:57 »
I'm building a 250 quad the last days. Still waiting for the MultiWii Controller Board  :thumb:
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline Coreda

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 06:23:45 »
I flew some of the drones they had on demo at the street fairs,  and at my buddies'

Honestly.. it gets old kinda quick..    left right up down...  that's the whole shtick..

Hack 'em for lulz

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #299 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 09:50:23 »
I'm building a 250 quad the last days. Still waiting for the MultiWii Controller Board  :thumb:

That sounds interesting. Be sure to keep us posted. Got any plans for it?