Author Topic: Keyboard humor  (Read 5654 times)

Offline 1391406

Keyboard humor
« on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:08:30 »
Found any good keyboard humor lately? This is meant to be a fun thread.

Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline dadgh

Re: Keyboard humor
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:26:09 »
My girlfriend laughs at me when I tell her how much I've spent on accessories for my keyboard. Does that count as keyboard humor?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:31:48 »
My girlfriend laughs at me when I tell her how much I've spent on accessories for my keyboard. Does that count as keyboard humor?

It's not as funny as it is sad... :(

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 07:18:17 »
No, not at all.
It's drama!
And yes, I've been there too.
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 07:50:54 »
these are always enjoyable, if not about keyboards per se
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 08:09:56 »
To be fair, all the weight/size stuff was pre (halfway useful) transistor. Tube based machines would have stayed heavy and limited user wise (though still more than five worldwide). Many of the other comments just sound ill thought out, but you can't expect a man to predict something like the silicon transistor.

Offline Bratman

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 08:36:48 »
Silicon Transistor? You mean the THREE LEGGED BEAST!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 08:39:35 »
Booze, pepcid, and cigarettes = breakfast of champions!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline DrinkTea

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 23:01:22 »
I came up with a joke just for this thread. It is tasteless, but not overtly vulgar. Please forgive and do not ban me. Ready?

Q: What keyboard do women like least?
A: QuickFire Rapid

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:44:31 »
I came up with a joke just for this thread. It is tasteless, but not overtly vulgar. Please forgive and do not ban me. Ready?

Q: What keyboard do women like least?
A: QuickFire Rapid

You did not specify the switch type and spring weight.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 07:51:32 »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline 1391406

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 09:17:58 »
lol
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline dadgh

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:39:46 »
Show Image

Someone make this keycap! too bad it'd be hard to pull off with how thin the spacebar is :(

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 15:45:50 »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 15:55:18 »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 17:47:57 »
To be fair, all the weight/size stuff was pre (halfway useful) transistor. Tube based machines would have stayed heavy and limited user wise (though still more than five worldwide). Many of the other comments just sound ill thought out, but you can't expect a man to predict something like the silicon transistor.

In a similar vein, I like the frink quote: "I predict that within 100 years, computers will be twice as powerful, ten thousand times larger, and so expensive that only the five richest kings of Europe will own them."

Ugh, I was going to put up that image matrix of "what we think we collect", "what we actually have", "what ebay sellers think", etc. but I cant find it!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 18:24:58 »
Ugh, I was going to put up that image matrix of "what we think we collect", "what we actually have", "what ebay sellers think", etc. but I cant find it!

You know I posted it somewhere else just a couple of days ago ......
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2013, 21:19:21 by fohat.digs »
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline 1391406

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 23:55:48 »
This about sums it up for me:

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 00:18:54 »
Needs a last panel "What happened when I looked at those first four pictures, concluded "The profile of some of those boards looks like it could be a vintage board... and pulled the one from the middle."
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 13:27:19 »
Great image Fohat!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 13:33:29 »
Great image Fohat!

Credit goes to Litster
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:18:07 »
Quote from: Anonymous Coward

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "...a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the..."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them. And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard(TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

And then mail one of your remaining model Fs to me.

Probably deserves re-posting, yet again.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:36:30 »

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "...a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the..."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them. And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard(TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:07:58 »

Gold!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:10:55 »
Now we need something like that regarding ErgoDox so we can post it back at tp4 ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ