Author Topic: BAN! (kids in restaurants)  (Read 13401 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
BAN! (kids in restaurants)
« on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 08:53:32 »
What do you guys think about the up and coming popular thing that restaurants are doing.....

Banning kids!  :o

http://consumerist.com/2013/08/06/another-restaurant-hops-on-kid-banning-bandwagon/

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: BAN! (kids in restaurants)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 08:55:20 »
first smoking, now kids

this shall not stand

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:05:31 »
I wish pubs would enforce this rule, when I was a kid I had to wait in the car while my parents went inside and got us drinks... now I go into a pub to be confronted with small children running around...

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:12:50 »
The problem, also, is that there are kids who are not a public nuisance.

In a more perfect world, people who sat in a restaurant would be informed that if their children start to disturb other patrons, that they will be asked to leave -- then its on the parents to wrangle and/or train their children.

I think it's fine for a restaurant to do this (no children under a certain age, beyond a certain time). I wouldn't call that a 'ban' however. It's a restriction. It's also a risky move on part of the business. I remember (back when smoking was actually legal) there were smoking sections. I think it would be a better business move to make child-friendly sections of the restaurant, with sound-muffling properties to keep other patrons happy.

Go, go free market, as always.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:13:20 »
It's curious, I thought it were something that could happen only here into the third dammed f world.

Sometime ago I saw into the news that a couple entered into a famous car shop to get info about a new model. While they were talking another seller banned a afro american kid that was close to them. Ended up that the kid was the couple's son (adopted).

The couple sued the store.
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:21:30 »
What if they banned/restricted 'old people' because they are slow and take longer, I supposed they may also be loud and disruptive at times?

I think the issue is parents not being responsible, now don't get me wrong I know how kids are and they can be awful even though the parents do everything right etc.

But if your kid's are being that bad then a person should take it upon themselves to leave, been there done that.....and kid's should not just run free either that's just bad parenting.

And yes there are some places kids have no business being either.

One thing I know is if I ever attempted to go eat somewhere and they said well come back when you don't have your kids with you, I personally would never go back!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 12:10:07 »
OH YES!

MORE AGE DISCRIMINATION!

I'M SO PUMPED ABOUT JUDGING PEOPLE BASED ON WHEN THEY WERE BORN!
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 12:37:36 »
Well, it'd probably make it easier to know where to go. I'd imagine those who run a restaurant and genuinely care about the food they make wouldn't want to exclude all kids from the experience simply because some kids can be noisy.
Obviously you'll probably find jerks who care about food, but chances are they're more interested in their food being enjoyed and praised by the right kind of people rather than a desire to share the joy of a good meal with everyone willing to try.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 14:28:54 »
As an unmarried kidless adult I love this idea. Money hungry little noise machines, but why stop at restaurants? Why not movie theaters, airplanes, grocery stores, the middle of streets. On second thought, they can stay in the middle of streets.

Honestly, there are some restaurants that actually care that their customers paid them money to enjoy adult time with each other and have a nice meal, and I applaud that. I know some places don't serve people with kids after a certain time of night which I don't find crazy at all, in fact totally reasonable.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 14:37:07 »
it's just like the hateful lifeguard in a pool.

ask any summer lifeguard that just sits at a pool, their number 1 complaint is that they are not a babysitter, cuz parents think they can just drag their kids to the pool, laydown with a book and say go play to the kids.

so the lifeguard has to go yelling at kids, making sure they don't... die, while the parent just enjoys a book.

i see the same thing at restaurants, dumb parents who just let their kids do whatever they want, who hasn't been annoyed by kids that think utensils also function as drumsets?

unfortunately, you cannot ban bad or poor parenting, for every kid you want to stuff in a closet, there's a gem of a kid that just sit's, eats quietly and responds when asks.

just like in restaurants and bars, there were guys that blew smoke in your face, and others that tried to blow smoke to the side.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 14:44:53 »
It's like saying that we should ban under 16/18 people from GH. You might lose a lot of useless people, but you'd lose more useful people.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:16:11 »
airplanes,

there another story on that .....kid cried....mom and kid got kicked off plane

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:28:43 »
What if they banned/restricted 'old people' because they are slow and take longer

I would back this move

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:29:48 »
Obviously there are always slight issues such as disabilities etc. but I think noisy ****ers should be kicked out, as someone who worked for a catering company for 6months I can tell you pissed-up middle age'd men are easily as bad/worse than small children.

There was more here but I forget, I'll come back later.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:36:15 »
Obviously there are always slight issues such as disabilities etc. but I think noisy ****ers should be kicked out, as someone who worked for a catering company for 6months I can tell you pissed-up middle age'd men are easily as bad/worse than small children.

^^

More age!=Better behavior
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Grimey

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:01:29 »
Would support this concept for a local restaurant one was around that had decent food.

I am totally happy to pay taxes equal to that of people with parents to help educate the generations of the future (though I think we do a bad job of this, but that is another topic).

I am 30 something, married, childless and won't be having any kids.  I would be more than willing to pay a premium if required to have a nice quite evening out with the wife.
Erlang your pants off

Offline Topre

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:03:41 »
Sometimes it's not only the noise. You see kids running around restaurants, which is dangerous for everyone in the restaurant. Kids bump and run into things, including waiters that can be holding something that should not be dropped onto another person.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:14:21 »

^^

More age!=Better behavior

Right, but for every kid like this-

You have tons who are terribly behaved. Now banning everyone under 18 might be excessive, but not letting really small children and infants in nice restaurants makes sense.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:18:37 »
I would like to also make a movement to ban teenagers from hanging out at my local 7-11. They just loiter on the side of the building yelling 'Sup ***. Do something.' at everyone who walks by. It's been this way for almost 2 years, different teenagers, same ****ty attitude like they pass on this terrible tradition of perpetuating the stereotype that teenagers are respectless arseholes.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:20:29 »
It is a stupid decision. In the entire range of human ages there is going to be stupid people...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:20:44 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:21:25 »
I would like to also make a movement to ban teenagers from hanging out at my local 7-11. They just loiter on the side of the building yelling 'Sup ***. Do something.' at everyone who walks by. It's been this way for almost 2 years, different teenagers, same ****ty attitude like they pass on this terrible tradition of perpetuating the stereotype that teenagers are respectless arseholes.

Just 'accidentally' hit the gas instead of the break.

It is a stupid decision. In the entire range of human ages there is going to be stupid people...

So then let's ban all people from everywhere... :p

We still have the internets  :thumb:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:23:18 »
Many parents shouldn't even have a dog.

If you know your kids will be noisy and raise hell, take them to Chuck E Cheese rather than a romantic restaurant. The same applies to shopping, if you can't control your 6 kids, try to avoid going shopping at peak times and dragging all of them along with you. Stores are already packed enough at that time of day and having your kids tie up an entire isle is ridiculous, not to mention dangerous if you're too busy shopping to keep your eyes on them.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Topre

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:23:33 »

Just 'accidentally' hit the gas instead of the break.

Then wait to get sued because you spelled brake wrong.  :D

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:25:53 »

So then let's ban all people from everywhere... :p

We still have the internets  :thumb:

No we don't, Ray :(

Many parents shouldn't even have a dog.

If you know your kids will be noisy and raise hell, take them to Chuck E Cheese rather than a romantic restaurant. The same applies to shopping, if you can't control your 6 kids, try to avoid going shopping at peak times and dragging all of them along with you. Stores are already packed enough at that time of day and having your kids tie up an entire isle is ridiculous, not to mention dangerous if you're too busy shopping to keep your eyes on them.

This asks too much of those parents.

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:57:38 »
just throw the kids in the window
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 17:13:59 »
What do you define as a 'kid'? Is it below a certain age?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 17:38:32 »

Personally I feel like it's anyone under 16, but more reasonably anyone under 9.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 17:44:59 »

It's in the OP.  Below a certain age ("over eight years old") and after a certain time (7:00).  This "ban" does feel like a slap in the face, but I can understand wanting to cultivate a good late-night reputation as an adult place with the childless twentysomething crowd (I assume that's the goal here).  Though I wonder how many kids they actually see after 7:00.  If this is an attempt to get brownie points by pandering to the contempt a lot of young adults have for marriage and family, I think that's pretty despicable.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:19:25 »
id like to ban everybody that is not me to any place that i go
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:25:55 »

Well said Mr. Swanson

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 00:12:46 »
The problem is kids ARE insane, because not all of their faculties have developed.

So it's not wrong to judge them for who they are, crazy people.

If libraries can kick out loud kids, then this is really the same thing.

It is only much harder to kick someone out since they paid for the meal.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 04:50:12 »
The problem is kids ARE insane, because not all of their faculties have developed.

So it's not wrong to judge them for who they are, crazy people.

If libraries can kick out loud kids, then this is really the same thing.

It is only much harder to kick someone out since they paid for the meal.

Its not so much kicking them out but not letting them in to start with.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 06:07:57 »
Going  to be an awfully boring time when you go to any event.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:34:34 »

Forever alone...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Grimey

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:13:39 »
... If this is an attempt to get brownie points by pandering to the contempt a lot of young adults have for marriage and family, I think that's pretty despicable.

I doubt it is about contempt for most persons interested in this sort of environment, anecdote me.
Erlang your pants off

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:36:18 »
I dont mind kids. I cant stand loud whiney kids but that is usually backed up by ****ty parenting. "Shut up and eat your food" "Okay, no food for you" "Look this is for you to eat will you be calm now?"

I had to go to the ER yesterday and had to sit with ****ty mom that treated her kid like a dog(well dogs dont evewn get treated like this). I was in agonizing pain and that **** was making me want to walk out

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:38:59 »
I had to go to the ER yesterday and had to sit with ****ty mom that treated her kid like a dog(well dogs dont evewn get treated like this). I was in agonizing pain and that **** was making me want to walk out

What did you have? Hope you're feeling better :)

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:55:12 »

On wednesday i was getting strong pains in my abdomen, thinking it was probably just the nasty baconator i ate the day before and a lack of fiber or something. Yesterday at around noon, on my way to work i was getting extraordinary crippling pains in the same'sh area. Its pain that you CANT ignore. The pain was from the top of my leg down to my left ball (lol). I had to call in to work to go to the ER. The Pain would last for about an hour, then go away for a bit. Then came back. Doctor took a urine sample and there was a small amount of blood. Turned out to be a small kidney stone. He said the pain was likely from it passing from the kidney to the bladder. i was peeing quite frequently, but it was in small short squirts i would describe. I think i passed it in  that time. I have been good so far today..but im nervous about peeing :P I got a small script  for naproxen (anti inflammatory) and dilaudid 2mg (painkiller). Thanks for the support! :)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:57:46 »

On wednesday i was getting strong pains in my abdomen, thinking it was probably just the nasty baconator i ate the day before and a lack of fiber or something. Yesterday at around noon, on my way to work i was getting extraordinary crippling pains in the same'sh area. Its pain that you CANT ignore. The pain was from the top of my leg down to my left ball (lol). I had to call in to work to go to the ER. The Pain would last for about an hour, then go away for a bit. Then came back. Doctor took a urine sample and there was a small amount of blood. Turned out to be a small kidney stone. He said the pain was likely from it passing from the kidney to the bladder. i was peeing quite frequently, but it was in small short squirts i would describe. I think i passed it in  that time. I have been good so far today..but im nervous about peeing :P I got a small script  for naproxen (anti inflammatory) and dilaudid 2mg (painkiller). Thanks for the support! :)

holy **** :( kidney stones hurt like hell. glad you're better now!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:59:00 »

It's good that it was just a small one.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:00:35 »

holy **** :( kidney stones hurt like hell. glad you're better now!
Yeah, thankfully it was small... i couldnt imagine the ones you see on the net would feel like. I wouldnt wish a stone on my worst of enemys xD I describe the pain like getting kicked in the balls... but the worst  pain of it lasting for 1-2 hours

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:03:24 »

It's in the OP.  Below a certain age ("over eight years old") and after a certain time (7:00).  This "ban" does feel like a slap in the face, but I can understand wanting to cultivate a good late-night reputation as an adult place with the childless twentysomething crowd (I assume that's the goal here).  Though I wonder how many kids they actually see after 7:00.  If this is an attempt to get brownie points by pandering to the contempt a lot of young adults have for marriage and family, I think that's pretty despicable.

Mickey is right i totally agree. Families with kids eats earlier anyway, therefor 7o'clock sounds good. I'd say, allow kids in until 6:20 and they should all be gone by 7:15 or so. That way, the later-night ambiance will be smoother and calming. That makes it more enjoyable for groups of people, teenagers to adults to oldies, and makes it more romantic for couples also.

Here in Québec, we have a Scores restaurant (Grill restaurant, very good) with a soup&salad bar. They already did ban kids under a certain age (12 y/o i think) after 7:30 since they run everywhere and there has been a lot of case of old people dropping their very hot soup on themselves and kids because these kids couldn't hold in place. Also there's always less waiters at that time, therefore no kids eases them the job and makes the service way better for everyone.

Anyway it doesn't block up decent people, i mean under 8 years old your kid should be in bed by 9 or something anyway. You're not going to bring your kid to eat and drop him to bed as soon as he's done right?

That also depends of the part of the world you live in. I mean some places eat later than other for evening meal (diner or supper or wtv you call it), but anywhere you are your kids should be early in bed.

Oh and one last thing; no one wants to hear others children scream and cry. That's horrible. If i go to a restaurant i want a good time, not a crying concert. I remember at that italian supper with some friends we had a band comming in to play in, and some douches kid rushed into the drum-kit and broke up very expensive instruments. Douchebag refused to pay blaming the band for leaving it unattended and treating to fight the drummer for hurting his damn kid.... With kids stay home or bring a whip lol.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:06:43 »
Here in Québec, we have a Scores restaurant

Here in the US, we have a Score's, too. They don't let kids in...

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:10:46 »
OH YES!

MORE AGE DISCRIMINATION!

Heh!  Indeed!

My son just turned seven.  Had his passport since he was three months old, already visited more countries than I did before I was 30.  He always accompanies us to restaurants, orders his own food and drinks, and has never made a scene in public - apart from once when he got some hazelnuts in ice cream without realizing it (allergic reaction).

If a restaurant has issues seating us because of our child, we take our business elsewhere.  Plenty of other places willing to take our entertainment dollars.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 16:01:23 »
There are plenty of "family-friendly" (i.e. bad) restaurants for irresponsible parents to let their ill-behaved children run riot in. If you want to go to a good restaurant then find someone to watch your kids for a few hours instead of dragging them along and ruining everyone else's evening.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 16:46:23 »
I'D SAY THE BEST WAY TO KEEP BAD-BEHAVING LITTLE KIDS OUT OF RESTAURANTS WOULD BE TO TAKE CHICKEN FINGERS AND HOTDOGS OFF OF THE MENU.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 17:19:00 »
OH YES!

MORE AGE DISCRIMINATION!

Heh!  Indeed!

My son just turned seven.  Had his passport since he was three months old, already visited more countries than I did before I was 30.  He always accompanies us to restaurants, orders his own food and drinks, and has never made a scene in public - apart from once when he got some hazelnuts in ice cream without realizing it (allergic reaction).

If a restaurant has issues seating us because of our child, we take our business elsewhere.  Plenty of other places willing to take our entertainment dollars.

Your son is a VERY RARE EXCEPTION unfortunately. My sister and I were the same way and our parents had no problem toting us around when they needed to. They also had no problem hiring a baby sitter when they wanted privacy or were going to a nice restaurant. What you just described was the norm for most young children 30+ years ago, but not any more.

Kudos greystroke for being a good parent! You are pretty rare these days too.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 17:28:06 »
OH YES!

MORE AGE DISCRIMINATION!

Heh!  Indeed!

Your son is a VERY RARE EXCEPTION unfortunately. My sister and I were the same way and our parents had no problem toting us around when they needed to. They also had no problem hiring a baby sitter when they wanted privacy or were going to a nice restaurant. What you just described was the norm for most young children 30+ years ago, but not any more.

Kudos greystroke for being a good parent! You are pretty rare these days too.

Here we go...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 17:56:36 »
Kids should also be forbidden to use a vag!na to entry the world. It's damaging to many assets on their way out!

As an unmarried kidless adult I love this idea. Money hungry little noise machines, but why stop at restaurants? Why not movie theaters, airplanes, grocery stores, the middle of streets. On second thought, they can stay in the middle of streets.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)