Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288293 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #19950 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 22:43:45 »
I don't know if I should be bothered or not, but I am.  Last day at work - been here 9.5 years.  Only 2 people have said goodbye.  Last person to leave was here for 3 months and was thrown a huge party with cake and ice cream.  For me:  nothing.   :(

That would definitely bother me.

Have you given the impression that you don't want a big shebang? A few people at my office know that, when I leave, I don't want a party or anything.

Not that I know of.  I am over it.  3 more hours and I am out of here.  Wish it was an easy day, but the last 2 weeks have been super busy.  Took tomorrow off, and start at the new place on Monday.   :thumb:
Best of luck with your new job! I hope they treat you better than the place you're currently at.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #19951 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 22:52:28 »
I don't know if I should be bothered or not, but I am.  Last day at work - been here 9.5 years.  Only 2 people have said goodbye.  Last person to leave was here for 3 months and was thrown a huge party with cake and ice cream.  For me:  nothing.   :(

That would definitely bother me.

Have you given the impression that you don't want a big shebang? A few people at my office know that, when I leave, I don't want a party or anything.

Not that I know of.  I am over it.  3 more hours and I am out of here.  Wish it was an easy day, but the last 2 weeks have been super busy.  Took tomorrow off, and start at the new place on Monday.   :thumb:
Best of luck with your new job! I hope they treat you better than the place you're currently at.
This place has been ok.  I was just surprised about the lack of anything for the last day.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19952 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 15:21:57 »
I'm hangry.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19953 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 15:32:18 »
I have too many beautiful keycaps and not enough keyboards... and I don't like to have too many artisans on a single board :X
I love Elzy

Offline Darkside

« Reply #19954 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 17:46:52 »
I have too many beautiful keycaps and not enough keyboards... and I don't like to have too many artisans on a single board :X
I offer you my keyboard space so you can store your extra artisans on it, free of charge!   :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19955 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:11:45 »
How are some of my supervisors less educated and experienced than I am yet get paid 6 figures? How did they got those jobs they very clearly do not understand how to do?

There is a TON of incompetence as you go up the chain - it's absolutely baffling. I seriously cannot understand how some of these people got hired. Does anyone work in HR for a tech company and want to shed some light on the hiring or job app review process? It's to the point where I will describe a basic function or straight forward test case and just get a blank stare back with zero input. Then an email 2 hours later asking me to detail what I just said step by step - and after all that they still cannot do their job properly. Who ****ing hired them?!? It makes me super salty knowing they make so much more and don't even seem to understand why they are there.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19956 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:12:28 »
They knew somebody and had the proper connections.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19957 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:19:08 »
How are some of my supervisors less educated and experienced than I am yet get paid 6 figures? How did they got those jobs they very clearly do not understand how to do?

There is a TON of incompetence as you go up the chain - it's absolutely baffling. I seriously cannot understand how some of these people got hired. Does anyone work in HR for a tech company and want to shed some light on the hiring or job app review process? It's to the point where I will describe a basic function or straight forward test case and just get a blank stare back with zero input. Then an email 2 hours later asking me to detail what I just said step by step - and after all that they still cannot do their job properly. Who ****ing hired them?!? It makes me super salty knowing they make so much more and don't even seem to understand why they are there.

Hahahaha..

It's not their job to mind the details..

It's YOUR job to know what THEY WANT YOU TO DO... You are on the detail..

There is a great deal of misconception about the corporate hierarchy.

Managers need to know how to Manage,  if they come from a technical background, even better..

But their PRIMARY concern is managing the PEOPLE that do the actual-work.

As for who gets paid more... haha... His job is NOT your job,  his job is just as difficult as your job..

You are the Grunt doing much grunt work, yes,  but the manager's job is complex in other ways.. 

-- You will be able to fully compare how difficult any task is, However keep in mind that the time cost to any action regardless of difficulty is roughly the same --

Maybe he's responsible for Kissing alot of ass.. 

I assure you,  that job is soul crushing, and he drinks himself to sleep..

This happens often as you move up the ladder..

But this is the way the game is..

WHY is it so stupidly silly..  I can give you the answer but it's a very long one, and I'd have to teach you many things..

I'm not sure there's space for that here..

PM if interested..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19958 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:02:30 »

Hahahaha..

Managers need to know how to Manage,  if they come from a technical background, even better..

As for who gets paid more... haha... His job is NOT your job,  his job is just as difficult as your job..

You are the Grunt doing much grunt work, yes,  but the manager's job is complex in other ways.. 

-- You will be able to fully compare how difficult any task is, However keep in mind that the time cost to any action regardless of difficulty is roughly the same --

WHY is it so stupidly silly..  I can give you the answer but it's a very long one, and I'd have to teach you many things..

PM if interested..

Sounds like you've been there too. But honestly, I would EAT ass (not just kiss) with a smile if I got that kind of salary.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19959 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:07:19 »

Sounds like you've been there too. But honestly, I would EAT ass (not just kiss) with a smile if I got that kind of salary.

I assure you ,  the soul crushing is real... many of them end up very broken people...

It's a system that creates psychopaths.. hahahahahaha..

Also, being a psychopath is not a --good-- or --bad-- thing..

Certainly, you wouldn't like to live with one.

However, though selfish,  psychopaths make significantly more objective and predictable decisions..

In terms of a management role.. this is often more efficient..

Offline Reigning Hell

• Forever Fiending 4 a V2
« Reply #19960 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:53:16 »

I assure you ,  the soul crushing is real... many of them end up very broken people...

It's a system that creates psychopaths.. hahahahahaha..

Also, being a psychopath is not a --good-- or --bad-- thing..

Certainly, you wouldn't like to live with one.

However, though selfish,  psychopaths make significantly more objective and predictable decisions..

In terms of a management role.. this is often more efficient..

ditto on the psychopath thing when they're selfish. It's kinda easy to spot who really is one -I know my friend from school is-, but then It makes me think about how it is in everyone's nature to act in self-interest, but the extent depends on morals/empathy/conscience. So I can really never know

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19961 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:54:47 »

Hahahaha..

PM if interested..

dude for 6 figures? have a little respect.

like dental.

6 figures and dental.

Offline iri

« Reply #19962 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 08:59:03 »
Had to buy plane tickets for £450 because of a sudden event.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19963 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 09:15:52 »

ditto on the psychopath thing when they're selfish. It's kinda easy to spot who really is one -I know my friend from school is-, but then It makes me think about how it is in everyone's nature to act in self-interest, but the extent depends on morals/empathy/conscience. So I can really never know

Keep in mind,  psychopath is a LEANING..

There's no Established line which perfectly identifies a psychopath..

The majority of the DSM book would diagnose just about everyone having one disorder or another due to the imprecise language used in psychology.

Very concisely,  people are different,  and they each serve a different purpose in the grand scheme of -humanity..

A person may be a general bad guy,  but that does not mean this bad guy is useless..

For example,  let's say you need a spy or specialized-soldiers..    These guys have to be able to KILL efficiently,  they can't be mulling over emotions, or looking at puppy fotos on their ipads panasonic tough-book..

So, a borderline psychopathic murderer is perfectly suited for certain tasks.. as long as there is a community around him to keep checks in place..   Everyone regardless of their level of empathy can coexist and be useful.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #19964 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 09:14:03 »
Newegg customer care done ****ed up everything

I RMA'ed a display I just bought, dead pixel, nbd. But the item goes out of stock before they can fulfill the request. Ok fine, I call them, give me another option, I don't want the refund I need a display.

"Sorry, our system doesn't let us do that." to which I call bull****, any ecommerce/ERP solution can handle that, but ok fine w/e

I ask them to issue me a Newegg credit instead of refunding my PayPal, which will process faster

confirmation of completed refund comes in, still says it's refunding to PayPal, which will take 3-5 business days to process

the display I want to get as a replacement has a promo code that ends on 6/22, so I really need that credit ASAP, so I call them back

me: "stop the paypal refund and issue the credit like i asked not even 4 hours ago"

Newegg: "sorry, it has to be sent to accounting first, it won't be processed until tomorrow because they have different hours"

it's now tomorrow and I'm still waiting for that damn credit

**** off Newegg
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19965 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:42:21 »
Someone found a roach in my class and they're feeding it... kill it! don't feed it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19966 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:00:47 »
Someone found a roach in my class and they're feeding it... kill it! don't feed it.

Show Image

DISGUSTING

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #19967 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:12:23 »

Show Image

DISGUSTING

I see a case that may or may not hold pencils and or an Exacto knife. I think you know what to do >:D
Chris Schammert

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19968 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:18:27 »
I'm kinda getting used to 40% keyboard... still kinda slow with typing on these switches and I don't feel very efficient with the layers but idk... I can get by with it at work if I'm not doing too much number crunching. It's cute, I'd use it for playing Overwatch but I don't need a keyboard to play that game.
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19969 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 14:38:59 »
Held the door open for a girl at work today and didn't even get a blowjob. I'm so sick of getting friendzoned.

Offline iri

« Reply #19970 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 15:15:12 »
Held the door open for a girl at work today and didn't even get a blowjob. I'm so sick of getting friendzoned.
Try holding the door for a guy next time.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19971 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:40:57 »
We all know you are gay stop trying to hide it.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19972 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:24:01 »
aaaaaaand I forgot how to type on a normal keyboard now beacuse of 40%. great
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19973 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:27:08 »

The tiny keyboards are not practical outside of being -travel friendly-

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19974 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:31:41 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19975 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:33:31 »

The tiny keyboards are not practical outside of being -travel friendly-

nope. but now I can't type on 60 or 80 anymore.. sigh
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19976 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 21:54:19 »

Does this approach ever work?

Asking for a friend.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19977 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 22:38:09 »
My vegetables are growing much more slowly this year..

Very dry soil.. little rain... sigh...............

Global warming iz REALZ..

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #19978 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:49:50 »
 >:D >:D >:D >:D

:( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 13:22:40 by dgneo »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19979 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 13:56:49 »
What's good dg? You know my inbox is always open

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19980 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:11:43 »

New Conspiracy demik + dgneo = Geekhack drug ring..

""" What's  Good ? """   that der' drug lingo...

demik is requesting inventory...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19981 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:19:29 »

We pack that yay in hhkbs. Happy hacking kokaine boards

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19982 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:20:30 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19983 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:23:04 »

We pack that yay in hhkbs. Happy hacking kokaine boards

Meth is the most popular today.. but yay has that traditional feel..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #19984 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:24:15 »
I'm triggered by gifs
Chris Schammert

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19985 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:51:05 »
****ing beaners on the corner of my street keep blowing up m80s.

That **** is loud and startles my dogs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:53:56 by appleonama »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19986 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:02:27 »

Reported for racism

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19987 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:05:10 »

Reported for racism

Question, how do you guys eat so many beans..  doesn't that give you gas ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19988 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:19:26 »

Reported for racism

Some people rather enjoy passing gas.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19989 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:21:33 »

Reported for racism

Wtf you mean you guys?

Reported for asking racist questions.

(I don't eat a lot of beans and I've never gotten gas from them)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19990 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:23:14 »

Reported for racism

What.. ?  This is the first I've heard of this.. hahahahahaha

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #19991 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:29:05 »

Reported for racism

I spoke to a friend about this last month. He said the beans help him with digestion and stuff. I can eat cabbage without too much discomfort but there is definitly any abundance of gas afterwards :))
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19992 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:46:44 »

Reported for racism

I spoke to a friend about this last month. He said the beans help him with digestion and stuff. I can eat cabbage without too much discomfort but there is definitly any abundance of gas afterwards :))

That sounds like a fructose intolerance.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19993 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:55:46 »

Reported for racism

Excessive consumption of cabbage may lead to increased intestinal gas which causes bloating and flatulence due to the trisaccharide raffinose, which the human small intestine cannot digest.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #19994 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 16:32:47 »

Reported for racism

Excessive consumption of cabbage may lead to increased intestinal gas which causes bloating and flatulence due to the trisaccharide raffinose, which the human small intestine cannot digest.

Sounds super sexy when you type it out like that :)
Chris Schammert

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19995 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:17:05 »

Reported for racism

Sounds super sexy when you type it out like that :)
For maximum sexiness, read aloud in your best Gilbert Gottfried voice.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19996 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:45:19 »
sexiness, read aloud in your best Gilbert Gottfried voice.

I don't think his voice would be that annoying if he wasn't speaking so loud on purpose.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #19997 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:45:26 »
freakin mailman said my work was closed so he didn't deliver my package, yet he delivered the mail.

me sad

Offline iri

« Reply #19998 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:59:32 »
freakin mailman said my work was closed so he didn't deliver my package, yet he delivered the mail.

me sad
Well, that could actually have happened if the office was closed and the mailbox was present outside.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #19999 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:46:48 »

me sad
Well, that could actually have happened if the office was closed and the mailbox was present outside.

office is def not closed. but its cool. i can wait a day, i was just annoyed at the time.

its just a keycap heh