Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4269758 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #20050 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 07:28:11 »
I'm also irrationally tilted because of the whole no sleep thing so don't take anything I say too seriously.  ^_^

i upvoted thread

pls feel better

lol thanks, it turns out a small number of people do know about it but no one thinks it's as busted as I do so I'm just gonna keep doing it to people. Although I hate the game so we'll see how much longer I play
I love Elzy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20051 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 07:42:49 »
I'm also irrationally tilted because of the whole no sleep thing so don't take anything I say too seriously.  ^_^

i upvoted thread

pls feel better

lol thanks, it turns out a small number of people do know about it but no one thinks it's as busted as I do so I'm just gonna keep doing it to people. Although I hate the game so we'll see how much longer I play

just teach them the hard way through killcams

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20052 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:29:54 »
Birthday and I gotta work late. Fml.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #20053 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:31:38 »
happy birthday

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #20054 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:32:24 »
happy birthday

yea, happy birthday and stuff
Chris Schammert

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20055 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:32:30 »
Thx m8

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #20056 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:43:51 »
All those people that walk up to the checkout counter and ask, "How much?" before I can scan for the first item. These days I only run the counter when someone needs backup, but when I do, I'm patiently waiting for that one customer to ask me how much.. So I can jump over the counter and tackle them. :eek: fite me
Chris Schammert

Offline joey

« Reply #20057 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:44:46 »
It's demik's birthday and I have to work :(

Offline dante

« Reply #20058 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 10:47:50 »
In a factory nobody can hear you fart.  heh. heh. heh.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20059 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 11:03:35 »

That shouldn't bother you but rather make you happy.

Also, you're an Atari legend.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #20060 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 11:08:00 »

That shouldn't bother you but rather make you happy.

Also, you're an Atari legend.

(Attachment Link)

^-^ ^-^
Chris Schammert

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20061 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 11:24:42 »
I ****ing hate OW and suck at street fighter but I'm good at OW and like street fighter. ...
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20062 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 11:42:36 »

this is what you do all day dante.. ?

make poof in factories ?

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #20063 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 14:14:32 »
People misusing the word "experience."

A game is not an experience. A movie is not an experience. A book is not an experience. You can have an experience of any of the above (and many other things besides), but the experience and the object itself are two different things.

Also: microwaveable food directions that tell you to "enjoy." I'll choose whether I like your product or not, thank you very much. And no, you don't get to say that if anyone doesn't think your product is as good as advertised, it's their fault because they didn't follow the directions (specifically, they failed to enjoy).
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2016, 14:17:46 by FoxWolf1 »
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20064 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 15:56:31 »
People misusing the word "experience."

A game is not an experience. A movie is not an experience. A book is not an experience. You can have an experience of any of the above (and many other things besides), but the experience and the object itself are two different things.

Also: microwaveable food directions that tell you to "enjoy." I'll choose whether I like your product or not, thank you very much. And no, you don't get to say that if anyone doesn't think your product is as good as advertised, it's their fault because they didn't follow the directions (specifically, they failed to enjoy).

Does it really matter that they're using language liberally, as long as YOU UNDERSTAND what they're talking about.. ?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #20065 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 02:29:41 »
I really, really hate my employer right now, tards told me that I can be back in Johannesburg soon and there will only be about a month's processing time on their part and whatever time the South African authorities take to process the visa. 7 weeks, and they still haven't filed for the visa, and the excuses they are giving me, makes me think it won't be happening for another couple of months. Hate is not strong enough a word right now.

What I'm most scared off is that I have anxiety issues, and this might pull me back in depression. IDK what to do. I might start going for counseling again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20066 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 05:43:58 »
I really, really hate my employer right now, tards told me that I can be back in Johannesburg soon and there will only be about a month's processing time on their part and whatever time the South African authorities take to process the visa. 7 weeks, and they still haven't filed for the visa, and the excuses they are giving me, makes me think it won't be happening for another couple of months. Hate is not strong enough a word right now.

What I'm most scared off is that I have anxiety issues, and this might pull me back in depression. IDK what to do. I might start going for counseling again.

Hang in there - there's always someone on GH to talk, and you can access that from almost any country :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20067 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 06:52:06 »
Back to work today after two weeks off :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20068 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 06:58:31 »
Also most of my photos from Glasto didn't turn out very well...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #20069 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 07:44:31 »

Do they at least spell your name right?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20070 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 07:45:52 »
Wasted my whole day sleeping in.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #20071 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 07:46:50 »
Do they at least spell your name right?

They do. Don't tell me, they don't at your work place! :o

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #20072 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 10:07:19 »
A few weeks ago I learned that a buddy from high school (we haven't talked since 2003) is on the third year of a fifteen year sentence for some heinous sexual **** with an underage girl. No one saw it coming; the guy had girls just fawning over him all the time in high school (probably during college too). Girls handed him their phone numbers. Seriously. When I first heard he was in prison I thought it might have been because of drug dealing or a botched fraud situation.

What's really bothering me is that I felt relief after hearing about it. I guess now if I ever find the right woman that wants a family, I'll know how to expect the unexpected. Not only do I feel that I can expect the unexpected, I also feel like life is less bleak. I have options, I can change careers, my life is not set in stone just yet. That dude is screwed, it boggles my mind why he would do something so stupid.
Chris Schammert

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20073 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 10:16:05 »
A few weeks ago I learned that a buddy from high school (we haven't talked since 2003) is on the third year of a fifteen year sentence for some heinous sexual **** with an underage girl. No one saw it coming; the guy had girls just fawning over him all the time in high school (probably during college too). Girls handed him their phone numbers. Seriously. When I first heard he was in prison I thought it might have been because of drug dealing or a botched fraud situation.

What's really bothering me is that I felt relief after hearing about it. I guess now if I ever find the right woman that wants a family, I'll know how to expect the unexpected. Not only do I feel that I can expect the unexpected, I also feel like life is less bleak. I have options, I can change careers, my life is not set in stone just yet. That dude is screwed, it boggles my mind why he would do something so stupid.

He wanted what he couldn't (or wasn't supposed to) have. 
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20074 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 10:50:37 »

He wanted what he couldn't (or wasn't supposed to) have. 

Bingo.

whole forbidden fruit deal.

Offline dante

« Reply #20075 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 12:50:56 »
Do shoes not women!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20076 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:00:34 »
Pretty sure I'm about to have to get another set of tires for the minivan, they only last ~45K miles.  :-\

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #20077 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:03:24 »
Do shoes not women!

Nike SB and a skatepark is all I need ^-^
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20078 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:06:35 »
Pretty sure I'm about to have to get another set of tires for the minivan, they only last ~45K miles.  :-\

stop racing people in the minivan..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20079 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:08:36 »
Trim around my cupholders is lifting and it's sharp af. Brought it to dealer and they have to order the part ;-;. Waste of time.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20080 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:11:14 »
Took my wife's car this morning to work and realized as I was walking around the back of the car that she never renewed the registration.  So when I've been driving it on and off the for the last couple months I've been riding dirty and didn't even know it :mad:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #20081 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:11:36 »
46 minutes left on this ****ing flight  :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20082 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:12:05 »
Took my wife's car this morning to work and realized as I was walking around the back of the car that she never renewed the registration.  So when I've been driving it on and off the for the last couple months I've been riding dirty and didn't even know it :mad:

Such is the thug life.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20083 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:17:16 »

Such is the thug life.

Thug life in the Subaru Outback station wagon.  At least it's a 5 speed though. :cool:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20084 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:19:53 »

Such is the thug life.

Thug life in the Subaru Outback station wagon.  At least it's a 5 speed though. :cool:
It's always the quiet ones that I'm most afraid of.

And how do you not notice your plates are expired? I always look at my plates. Granted mine are dank af.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20085 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 13:27:24 »

Such is the thug life.

It's always the quiet ones that I'm most afraid of.

And how do you not notice your plates are expired? I always look at my plates. Granted mine are dank af.

I've told my wife before that we should swap the motor out for one of the WRX/STi motors for the ultimate sleeper, but that's expensive :(

It's also not actually the plate that is expired, but rather the tabs.  I never really looked at the sticker until today as I just assumed she had sent in the renewal paperwork and put it on the car since her tabs expired in March, and since that is deep in tax season I don't really do much of anything but work then.  I'll just have to go to the Secretary of State tomorrow and renew which isn't a big deal, just annoying if I get pulled over between then and get a ticket that costs as much as the renewal would.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20086 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:05:11 »
Dafuq are tabs?

Reg = sticker in Cali. Is it not the same everywhere?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20087 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:07:37 »
I have so many questions about what Waateva said. Why does Michigan have a Secretary of State? Why does Waateva know him/her personally? What does Tab Soda have to do with license stickers?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #20088 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:07:46 »
Dafuq are tabs?

Nay, we don't even get stickers anymore.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20089 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:14:24 »
Dafuq are tabs?

School me dg

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #20090 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:27:22 »
Dafuq are tabs?

School me dg

We literally just get paperwork for registrations now. We used to get stickers for license plates + stickers for the front window, like so:

****s were impossible to get off too, thank god they stopped that ****.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20091 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:39:56 »
dafuq. seems like a pain. i like that we still get stickers because my sticker says HHKB :D

so your plates are stickerless? how does the fuzz know you're registered?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:41:39 by demik »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20092 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:59:20 »

ill never be this cool

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20093 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 16:22:19 »
Dafuq are tabs?

I have so many questions about what Waateva said. Why does Michigan have a Secretary of State? Why does Waateva know him/her personally? What does Tab Soda have to do with license stickers?

People here call them tabs I guess?  They are just the stickers you put on your license plate that you need to renew on a yearly basis, and the color of the sticker changes from year to year.  Michigan sends you something in the mail so you can just renew it that way, but apparently my wife didn't send it in so that means we have to go to the Secretary of State's office.  The SoS is a ****ty Michigan government office that handles things like vehicle and trailer registration, titles, drivers licenses, and other stuff that is usually really busy and there are always lots of interesting individuals there, kinda like the people you see using the public bus system around here.

Also, it's not soda guys, it's pop ;)

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20094 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 16:32:16 »
it's not soda or pop, it's coke.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20095 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 17:01:32 »

What

the

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20096 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 18:00:52 »

Spoken for truth.

Any Baby Boomer from the South knows that a "soft drink" is a "coke" - lower case, generic term.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20098 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 18:04:32 »
More
People here call them tabs I guess?  They are just the stickers you put on your license plate that you need to renew on a yearly basis, and the color of the sticker changes from year to year.  Michigan sends you something in the mail so you can just renew it that way, but apparently my wife didn't send it in so that means we have to go to the Secretary of State's office.  The SoS is a ****ty Michigan government office that handles things like vehicle and trailer registration, titles, drivers licenses, and other stuff that is usually really busy and there are always lots of interesting individuals there, kinda like the people you see using the public bus system around here.

First off? It's soda.

Second: We usually call that spot the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Finally: That's a pretty unfortunate URL.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20099 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 18:08:30 »
More

First off? It's soda.

Second: We usually call that spot the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Finally: That's a pretty unfortunate URL.

False. Waateva was right; it's "pop."