Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4258743 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #5600 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 10:11:47 »
Had a dream somebody stole my car and replaced it with cardboard boxes.

Wtf brain.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5601 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 10:24:34 »
Had a dream somebody stole my car and replaced it with cardboard boxes.

Wtf brain.

Call insurance.. New car.. HURRAY

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5602 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 10:38:39 »
Dude in my dream I was calling up insurance and the local Subaru dealer.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5603 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 10:56:28 »
In the States you guya call the insurance first than the police?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5604 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 11:08:53 »

Nope. But this is a dream where my car was stolen and replaced by cardboard boxes. Nothing I did made any sense

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5605 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 16:18:31 »

Nope. But this is a dream where my car was stolen and replaced by cardboard boxes. Nothing I did made any sense

Maybe you were a cat in the dream. Cats prefer boxes over cars

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5606 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:26:53 »
New house got broken into, moved some stuff over and at least $2000 of games and electronic gone

Thinking of selling my artisans collection  :(

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5607 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:29:32 »

New house got broken into, moved some stuff over and at least $2000 of games and electronic gone

h o l y  f u c k i n  s h i t
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5608 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:32:11 »

I'm sorry :( Good luck getting through this rough time. Wish I could help.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #5609 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:37:41 »

Terrible news to hear. We had a house fire a few years back and lost a lot of stuff, it's a terrible feeling. I wish you all the best.

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5610 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:39:36 »

h o l y  f u c k i n  s h i t

my heart dropped when i stopped by. Garage was wide open and every light was on and it's in a nicer neighborhood too

I'm sorry :( Good luck getting through this rough time. Wish I could help.
[/quote]

thank you

Terrible news to hear. We had a house fire a few years back and lost a lot of stuff, it's a terrible feeling. I wish you all the best.

thanks for your kind words

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5612 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 19:15:25 »
I may resign from work tomorrow... because of argument (I started, but not instigated) and because I don't like it there. I'm a noob there so I don't have much leverage, and I know that I do not have a very strong position on the job market having been without for too long before. Not happy now.

My sister that lives with me is in one of her manic periods (she's bi-polar), and is very aggressive and in general a unsympathetic person. She hauls some very personal insults as a matter of routine. She knows exactly which of my strings to pluck to hurt me the hardest and she does not care.

My mom and sister are probably going to freak out (even more) at me when/if they hear I have quit my job.

Someone on another big board called me out that I was writing incorrect info, which I probably was... but he called me a deliberate liar .. and he is a moderator, so he has probably got the moderation team backing him up. I don't need more conflict in my life right no and I don't want to lose being on that site. Yet, I feel I must stand up for myself, but I don't have the energy.
🍉

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5613 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 19:30:20 »
I may resign from work tomorrow... because of argument (I started, but not instigated) and because I don't like it there. I'm a noob there so I don't have much leverage, and I know that I do not have a very strong position on the job market having been without for too long before. Not happy now.

My sister that lives with me is in one of her manic periods (she's bi-polar), and is very aggressive and in general a unsympathetic person. She hauls some very personal insults as a matter of routine. She knows exactly which of my strings to pluck to hurt me the hardest and she does not care.

My mom and sister are probably going to freak out (even more) at me when/if they hear I have quit my job.

Someone on another big board called me out that I was writing incorrect info, which I probably was... but he called me a deliberate liar .. and he is a moderator, so he has probably got the moderation team backing him up. I don't need more conflict in my life right no and I don't want to lose being on that site. Yet, I feel I must stand up for myself, but I don't have the energy.

Well what would happen if you stayed at your job? Was the argument about something important? like was it big? If you have to support your family, don't quit just because you have to. If you sort out your differences, you will feel better because of it, and it will make your experience there better. You may still not like it, but it gives you more time to search for a new job, rather than doing it when you aren't making money.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Do you get an allowance to look after her? Or any support at all?

Again, if you stand up for yourself, you will have a better experience. Don't do a "Thanks for your input" because nobody likes that. If you disappear after someone calls you out, it makes you look worse. I know you may not have the energy for it, but some things you have to go that extra mile for.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5614 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 19:52:35 »
I may resign from work tomorrow... because of argument (I started, but not instigated) and because I don't like it there.

"not liking it there" at the workplace is all too common.

I would be delighted to find myself in a new position.

Perhaps you should plan a more gradual transition. If you can enhance your position, you might gain a bit of leverage.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5615 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:33:08 »
when stupid sellers on ebay list their one size of shoes under a ****load under the filters and I'm too stupid to look at the title
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5616 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 04:30:56 »
when stupid sellers on ebay list their one size of shoes under a ****load under the filters and I'm too stupid to look at the title

Nike/Adidas/Reebok/Airforce/Jordans/Size 10/megasuperawesomeshoes.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #5617 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:32:34 »
I just Jumped one of my Frigate class ships outside the map ;~;

It was fully loaded with supplies, the jump drive had been powered to max jump

I'm now going to go cry
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #5618 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 11:57:10 »

I have a brother who at a young age was diagnosed with "Oppositional Defiance Disorder". Later in life this ended up being Bi-Polar with signs of schizophrenia. He is not a good person, and not because of his mental problems, because even properly medicated he is a complete *******. So, I can appreciate the struggles you have with your sister. You are a better person than I since you are still there, willing to support her. I mostly choose to not interact with my brother.

As for the work thing, if you feel you were on the right side of the argument, allow the situation to play out. If you were right, and acted with professionalism you will likely come out well in the long run. If you feel like you may have been wrong, you should apologize. No need to burn bridges. I get into arguments at work with some frequency. Sometimes I want to leave, but dealing with the situation and learning from it is almost always the right thing (for me anyway).

Good luck!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5619 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:00:00 »
OSX is bothering the crap out of me.  :-X

First it was opening a new window every time I tried to open a folder in "finder" (actually really terrible for finding things btw).
Then I had to ask it to show me my Documents and Music folders?? Why is everything so hidden?? wtf
Now I find out that I can't change the scrolling behavior, so I just need to get used to over-shooting everything because it thinks that scrolling at mach speed is a necessary thing to do if the item I need isn't two clicks down.
And while typing this I found out that pushing 'End' while in a text box sends me to the end of the page...yeah, let's just ignore the contextualization of that command, that's no problem.

Ugh.

All I wanted to do was transfer my iTunes library (not even going to start ranting about that process) so I could backup my phone and finally have a working phone.  But no, I get to fight with Apple for two hours and still not accomplish anything remotely close to what I attempted.

Oh and one last stupid thing I just thought of, because I typed enough that it started scrolling.
Why would you ever make a default setting that allows a user to copy something to a folder with a huge gap between items that pushes the copied items below the visible portion, and then hide the scrollbar??  I'm going to have to scroll down in every window now, to search for hidden things I may miss.  Whyyyyyyyyy

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5621 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 22:44:56 »

OSX

There's your problem.

-_-  Problem identified!

The other problem is that this is by choice. I'm trying to learn OSX. What I'm actually learning is that there is no "learn how to use it", but rather "learn what you can't do and just give up instead". Yay!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5622 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:08:55 »
I can't type past 159 wpm today :(
I love Elzy

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5623 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:13:43 »
I can't type past 159 wpm today :(

newb

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5624 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:19:03 »
OSX is bothering the crap out of me.  :-X

First it was opening a new window every time I tried to open a folder in "finder" (actually really terrible for finding things btw).
Then I had to ask it to show me my Documents and Music folders?? Why is everything so hidden?? wtf
Now I find out that I can't change the scrolling behavior, so I just need to get used to over-shooting everything because it thinks that scrolling at mach speed is a necessary thing to do if the item I need isn't two clicks down.
And while typing this I found out that pushing 'End' while in a text box sends me to the end of the page...yeah, let's just ignore the contextualization of that command, that's no problem.

Ugh.

All I wanted to do was transfer my iTunes library (not even going to start ranting about that process) so I could backup my phone and finally have a working phone.  But no, I get to fight with Apple for two hours and still not accomplish anything remotely close to what I attempted.

Oh and one last stupid thing I just thought of, because I typed enough that it started scrolling.
Why would you ever make a default setting that allows a user to copy something to a folder with a huge gap between items that pushes the copied items below the visible portion, and then hide the scrollbar??  I'm going to have to scroll down in every window now, to search for hidden things I may miss.  Whyyyyyyyyy

You probably have a more recent version than me, hence the scrolling problems, but a couple of comments ...

There's probably en option to open directories in the same window, but I just use the triple view all the time (each column is a folder - I don't know what it's called, I'd have to screen shot it tonight).

Documents and Music is hidden in recent versions of OSX, no idea why, that is silly, although I think Apple are trying to get you to use the app to locate the files, like on iOS.

Just use ^E to move to the end of a field, or Cmd-right arrow.  Different, but you get used to it, especially ^E if you have HHKB :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5625 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 01:32:50 »
ok in all seriousness, last night my left wrist was hurting like crazy cuz I was gaming too much the past 3-4 days and I couldn't sleep. Today I decided to take a break and instead my right wrist hurts from browsing all day. Did I mention I can't sleep cuz pain? ****
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5626 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:57:13 »
I see pitch perfect 2 on bluray,  and it's like..

--Turning in mah man-card..

--Screw it..

Offline iri

« Reply #5627 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:21:57 »

OSX

There's your problem.

-_-  Problem identified!

The other problem is that this is by choice. I'm trying to learn OSX. What I'm actually learning is that there is no "learn how to use it", but rather "learn what you can't do and just give up instead". Yay!
In other good news: a key combination of modifiers is not a key combination.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5628 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:35:11 »
ok in all seriousness, last night my left wrist was hurting like crazy cuz I was gaming too much the past 3-4 days and I couldn't sleep. Today I decided to take a break and instead my right wrist hurts from browsing all day. Did I mention I can't sleep cuz pain? ****

Do you play League? Because one of my friends at work turned up to work with a brace on his left hand saying it was a gaming injury and he did it playing league...

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #5629 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:36:13 »
OSX is bothering the crap out of me. First it was opening a new window every time I tried to open a folder in "finder" (actually really terrible for finding things btw).
The Finder has two modes, a “spatial Finder” mode which is similar to the old Mac OS, and a “browser” mode which is similar to Windows Explorer. If you show the toolbar (command + option + T), you’ll get the browser-style Finder.

Can you explain what you mean? These should just be folders in your user folder. My personal experience is that everything is much less hidden in OS X than Windows 95+. Unfortunately OS X is getting a bit worse on this score in the past 3–5 years. Still nowhere close to the amount of confusing hidden **** Windows has though (registry settings, programs that won’t work unless they’re in the right directory, piles of garbage copied all over the machine when you install programs, the buried Program Files directory and then multiple shortcuts stuck in the taskbar and start menu and desktop, etc. etc.).

Scroll speed is in system preferences. I’m guessing you are using a standard Windows-oriented mouse rather than an Apple mouse or trackpad? Apple input devices have had a scroll ball or (multi)touch input for many years now which supports pixel-by-pixel scrolling. Unfortunately, Windows only supports scrolling in large discrete chunks, and therefore mouse vendors are stuck making terrible scroll wheels. It’s moronic. One of those places where the USB spec has awful limitations. As far as I know Apple’s pixel-precision scroll is in their own USB extensions, so I’m not sure if anyone else can properly implement it. Analog inputs on modern computers are in general a ****ing mess these days. Very frustrating for people trying to build custom hardware or custom firmware for their devices.

This is how Mac OS has behaved since like 1990. If you want the Windows behavior instead, it’s easy to reconfigure.

Here are the Mac default shortcuts for text boxes from circa 2006, but they’re mostly the same today: http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/system-bindings.html

The Mac shortcuts to move to the end of the current line are command + right arrow or control + E.

Why would you ever make a default setting that allows a user to copy something to a folder with a huge gap between items that pushes the copied items below the visible portion, and then hide the scrollbar??
Hiding the scrollbar is idiotic, and whoever at Apple made that the default is a jerk. You should twiddle the config setting to make scrollbars always visible.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:47:27 by jacobolus »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5630 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:07:13 »
OSX is bothering the crap out of me. First it was opening a new window every time I tried to open a folder in "finder" (actually really terrible for finding things btw).
The Finder has two modes, a “spatial Finder” mode which is similar to the old Mac OS, and a “browser” mode which is similar to Windows Explorer. If you show the toolbar (command + option + T), you’ll get the browser-style Finder.
Hmm.  Looks like I eventually got it to the mode I wanted, but it seems very strange to me that you can change the behavior so drastically by choosing a different "View" option - by my definition, a View change should not change the behavior, but rather the...view... Anyway, that seems to be taken care of.

Can you explain what you mean? These should just be folders in your user folder. My personal experience is that everything is much less hidden in OS X than Windows 95+. Unfortunately OS X is getting a bit worse on this score in the past 3–5 years. Still nowhere close to the amount of confusing hidden **** Windows has though (registry settings, programs that won’t work unless they’re in the right directory, piles of garbage copied all over the machine when you install programs, the buried Program Files directory and then multiple shortcuts stuck in the taskbar and start menu and desktop, etc. etc.).
They are folders in my user folder.  The stupid part is that if I open Finder, the default view does not show me my user folder.  I had to do some digging to find out how to get to my user folder, and then add it to "Favorites".  I'm sure this is another case of user error, there might be an easier way, but it is not at all intuitive.  The default view shows the usual Downloads, etc, but no user folder.  :-/

Scroll speed is in system preferences. I’m guessing you are using a standard Windows-oriented mouse rather than an Apple mouse or trackpad? Apple input devices have had a scroll ball or (multi)touch input for many years now which supports pixel-by-pixel scrolling. Unfortunately, Windows only supports scrolling in large discrete chunks, and therefore mouse vendors are stuck making terrible scroll wheels. It’s moronic. One of those places where the USB spec has awful limitations. As far as I know Apple’s pixel-precision scroll is in their own USB extensions, so I’m not sure if anyone else can properly implement it. Analog inputs on modern computers are in general a ****ing mess these days. Very frustrating for people trying to build custom hardware or custom firmware for their devices.
I saw the settings for scroll speed, but I'm looking to prevent the insane acceleration that is built in.  If I go one click it scrolls half a line, two or three clicks will go the "expected" 6 lines or so, but any more than that will shoot me halfway down the page.  :confused:  All I want is linear scrolling...  :(  After searching online, I found one possible solution - a $20 program to fix the behavior.  :|

This is how Mac OS has behaved since like 1990. If you want the Windows behavior instead, it’s easy to reconfigure.

Here are the Mac default shortcuts for text boxes from circa 2006, but they’re mostly the same today: http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/system-bindings.html

The Mac shortcuts to move to the end of the current line are command + right arrow or control + E.
Hmm.  Seems strange to me, but fair enough.  Thanks for the link to key bindings too, btw.  Looks like I've got some reading to do.  :))

Why would you ever make a default setting that allows a user to copy something to a folder with a huge gap between items that pushes the copied items below the visible portion, and then hide the scrollbar??
Hiding the scrollbar is idiotic, and whoever at Apple made that the default is a jerk. You should twiddle the config setting to make scrollbars always visible.
Good to know there's an option.  To be honest, I had kind of given up on even checking for options at this point...  :rolleyes:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5631 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:13:37 »
What pisses me off is people in the UK who are not only xenophobic, but then push that on to others. The UK is one of the best places to possibly live on this ****hole planet, it has free healthcare, free education that's on a decent level, its amazingly multi-cultural, it's native language is 'the' international language and on its boarders are some of the most culturally diverse and historic places on the planet.

Yet every ****ing time anyone mentions the EU or Assylum Seekers, all you get is the worst most appalling mixture of racism and xenophobiaism you're ever likely to hear. It makes me so angry.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5632 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:29:32 »
What pisses me off is people in the UK who are not only xenophobic, but then push that on to others. The UK is one of the best places to possibly live on this ****hole planet, it has free healthcare, free education that's on a decent level, its amazingly multi-cultural, it's native language is 'the' international language and on its boarders are some of the most culturally diverse and historic places on the planet.

Yet every ****ing time anyone mentions the EU or Assylum Seekers, all you get is the worst most appalling mixture of racism and xenophobiaism you're ever likely to hear. It makes me so angry.

ye I hate british too, worst people

:>
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5633 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:31:22 »

People are ignorant as ****.

Offline iri

« Reply #5634 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:49:59 »

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5635 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:52:02 »

Show Image

kek

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #5636 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:52:16 »
Humidity
**** you
It is like only 75 out but I'm miserable
I'd rather live in a desert where it is 105 and dry
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5637 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:54:32 »
Humidity
**** you

Samesies.  Went to Nashville recently, was 95 degF.  Felt about the same as 80 degF with humidity.  Was nice.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5638 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:56:13 »
Damn, I'm going to Miami on Thursday. You just reminded me how horrible the humidity is over there.

West Side till I die son.

Offline iri

« Reply #5639 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:05:23 »
Lost my wallet with Russian driving licence in it.

Curious, how much time does it take to get a British one?..

-Ray Bradbury

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #5640 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:05:26 »
Someone I thought was a friend turned out to be dishonest and dishonourable.

Very heartbroken.

Very embittered.

Don't feel like saying more. Probably this post will be buried by an avalanche of mindless and immature posts by other people.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5641 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:07:06 »

Very heartbroken.

Very embittered.

Don't feel like saying more. Probably this post will be buried by an avalanche of mindless and immature posts by other people.

Loosing a friend and being betrayed is terrible, but that's not a reason to assume that your post hold more value or is more mature than any other.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #5642 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:09:12 »
I have to fly to Dallas/Fort Worth from Detroit on LABOR DAY -_- the only redeeming quality here is that im flying spirits version of first class, right in the very front row, front seat. As a 6'5" 290lb guy, its so needed.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #5643 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:13:28 »
Humidity
**** you

Samesies.  Went to Nashville recently, was 95 degF.  Felt about the same as 80 degF with humidity.  Was nice.

Repeat after me: C-O-L-O-R-A-D-O.

No humidity, 100+ heat is super rare, if you can handle a little snow in the spring this is the place to be!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5644 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:21:23 »

Humidity
**** you

Repeat after me: C-O-L-O-R-A-D-O.

No humidity, 100+ heat is super rare, if you can handle a little snow in the spring this is the place to be!

Duuuuuuuude don't even tempt me. CO is the top of my list. It's so good in so many ways.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5645 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:23:17 »

Very heartbroken.

Very embittered.

you probably deserved it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5646 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:24:22 »
I need to visit Colorado. Still never been.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5647 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:25:23 »

It's beautiful.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5648 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:35:51 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 14:57:13 by esoomenona »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5649 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 11:39:49 »

My only experience with CO is the Denver airport. Worst airport NA.

Have you been to JFK airport in NY? that's the worst.