Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4288228 times)

Offline jd29

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8600 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 02:47:50 »
I spaced out for a second when I went to upload an essay for college and submitted it 20 seconds late.. Except when you're late it won't even let you submit it, it just says talk to your professor, you're late. There's a big difference between having it done but being 20 seconds late and having it done when I talk to the professor a few days later, I wish it would let me upload it so it shows that I did it.. I emailed my professor but the last time I emailed her she never even responded. I'm failing the class because of a week and a half of work I missed a couple weeks ago when I was really sick and tons of high point in-class assignments happening in that time. I don't know why I haven't talked with the prof about that, I'm being so stupid :(

also, shy squad :thumb:

Upload it somewhere else where you can show you had it finished by a certain time

Edit: or better, just attach and email it to her.

Offline iri

« Reply #8601 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 08:02:01 »
what. the. ****.

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2015, 08:08:00 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8602 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:28:16 »
First I apologise to Bee for my accusations yesterday. Also to anyone else I may have offended. I had too many memes in my system. Or something. I dunno. Anyway.

I thought that if I buy the car I want to buy next year, I could get the personalised plate I wanted. But because of the way UK plates are made up, I wouldn't be able to get it until 2025. :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8603 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:53:36 »
Personalised licence plates are lame

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8604 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 21:45:33 »
I thought that if I buy the car I want to buy next year, I could get the personalised plate I wanted. But because of the way UK plates are made up, I wouldn't be able to get it until 2025. :(

They make them once every 10 years? That sounds weird...they're on demand here in the states :P

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #8605 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:03:51 »
I'm going to formally retract that apology to beehag because she doesn't deserve it.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8606 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:24:01 »
I'm going to formally retract that apology to beehag because she doesn't deserve it.

eh can't please everybody

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #8607 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:32:12 »

I'm SURE you'd love to try.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8608 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:32:48 »

I'm SURE you'd love to try.

yup

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #8609 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 01:09:41 »

Seriously, add her to your ignore list and be done...ffs, stop acting like god damn children...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #8610 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 01:24:56 »
I haven't had a single personal interaction with her, I just openly think "she"'s scum.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8612 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 02:06:44 »
I haven't had a single personal interaction with her, I just openly think "she"'s scum.

well I'm sorry you feel that way.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8613 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 02:19:20 »
Has the What's Bothering You thread gone to **** again while I was gone?

*checks*

Yep, it sure has.

G'day.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8614 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 02:29:41 »

*checks*

Yep, it sure has.

G'day.

Does that bother you? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E3E

« Reply #8615 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 02:35:25 »

*checks*

Yep, it sure has.

G'day.

:P

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8616 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 02:50:30 »
Just tried to play Larry and the land of the lounge lizards. Turns out the HHKB is not up to the job.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8617 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 03:23:21 »

*checks*

Yep, it sure has.

G'day.

Lmao

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8618 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 03:31:00 »
Just tried to play Larry and the land of the lounge lizards. Turns out the HHKB is not up to the job.
most excellent game.... Sigh you need a free hand to play leisure suit Larry good sir  :p surely you must know that!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8619 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 03:38:41 »
most excellent game.... Sigh you need a free hand to play leisure suit Larry good sir  :p surely you must know that!

Ahhhhh I see what you did there  :)), its ok..... gives me an excuse to break out the SSK.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8620 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:02:01 »

*checks*

Yep, it sure has.

G'day.

Lmao

Lmao

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8621 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:24:41 »
:-*

Offline E3E

« Reply #8622 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:54:57 »
 :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8623 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 05:09:57 »
:cool:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8624 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 05:58:10 »
:O

I've never had a kiss bring anyone to tears before! I never knew it could mean so much to you! <3

Offline E3E

« Reply #8625 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 06:29:10 »
Your lips are real tearjerkers. ^-^ You'd be better be careful with those, because you have something real special attached to your face!  >:D

:O

I've never had a kiss bring anyone to tears before! I never knew it could mean so much to you! <3

Show Image

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8626 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 07:41:36 »

They make them once every 10 years? That sounds weird...they're on demand here in the states :P

The way UK plates work now, seven letters/numbers long, the third and fourth are determined by the year. If it is 2015, the numbers are 15 January to July, then 65 July to December. 2016 is 16 and 66. 2025 is 25 and 75. So like, AB65 JTN is a plate you could get if you bought a car in the second half of this year. You ALSO can't get a number plate in that format that it isn't time for. So the plate I would like is KA75 HKN. So due to the way the plates work, I can't get it until the latter half of 2025.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8627 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 07:56:16 »
how much would that plate cost you?

Offline E3E

« Reply #8628 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:06:01 »

The way UK plates work now, seven letters/numbers long, the third and fourth are determined by the year. If it is 2015, the numbers are 15 January to July, then 65 July to December. 2016 is 16 and 66. 2025 is 25 and 75. So like, AB65 JTN is a plate you could get if you bought a car in the second half of this year. You ALSO can't get a number plate in that format that it isn't time for. So the plate I would like is KA75 HKN. So due to the way the plates work, I can't get it until the latter half of 2025.

Ouch, such a long wait for vanity. I'd be 35 in 2025.  :-X

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8629 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:10:54 »

Don't even know. Probably not a lot seeing as it's full length and part of the set format.

I know, same. Maybe I will want a new car by then :P I will probably still be using this username by the time I get to 35 as well hahh, been using it for the last ten years, might as well keep it for another ten.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8630 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:13:32 »
Fair enough, I've know people have plates worth more than the car and when that person dies there is issues with who gets that plate etc etc... My now dead grandpa had a 'JPM 2000' plate on his old Bentley. The plate is now worth more than the car and it's caused no end of grief lol it dosnt even look that good or really mean anything ha

Offline E3E

« Reply #8631 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:25:10 »

Don't even know. Probably not a lot seeing as it's full length and part of the set format.

I know, same. Maybe I will want a new car by then :P I will probably still be using this username by the time I get to 35 as well hahh, been using it for the last ten years, might as well keep it for another ten.

Getting that plate would definitely eternalize your username FOREVER. Hopefully. :P

Fair enough, I've know people have plates worth more than the car and when that person dies there is issues with who gets that plate etc etc... My now dead grandpa had a 'JPM 2000' plate on his old Bentley. The plate is now worth more than the car and it's caused no end of grief lol it dosnt even look that good or really mean anything ha

Damn, is there seriously a market for vanity plates or plates with particular combinations?  :-\ I have to remind myself that this community is a niche area sometimes, but it's so hard to see why the value for a license plate could be so outrageous. :P

If your gramps was a super important dude, then I guess that's a significant factor. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8632 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:28:34 »
He wasn't anyone of importance, even to members of his own family lmao

Just yeah it's mental, it's even silly when moving plates from cars to cars because you have to pay a premium to do that too! Just seems like a waste of cash and money as most private plates look pretty terrible anyway as most of them are made up like g4m3r talk..

Offline dutC4

« Reply #8633 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:32:44 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:11:44 by dutC4 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8634 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:41:10 »
I hate the cold

I'd say that's pretty popular, I think it's more unpopular for me to say that I love the cold but I also ski 40-50 times a year :p.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8635 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 08:41:39 »
I hate the cold
I love the cold. Until mid-January.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8637 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 09:25:43 »
I have strep throat, and my birthday is in a couple of days. I hate being sick on my birthday.

And I had a migraine last night.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8638 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 09:26:43 »
I have strep throat, and my birthday is in a couple of days. I hate being sick on my birthday.

Ugh. That is a hell of a combo. Feel better!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8639 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 09:30:46 »

being sick sucks. feel better. take antibiotics.

i just left work sick; nausea, dizziness, chills, abdominal discomfort...

i'm honestly hoping it's acute pancreatitis, and not the unknown virus my coworker recently contracted that kept him out of work for over a week
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8640 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 09:33:52 »
Woke up a little later than normal and was rushing out the door to take my exam at 9 a.m. I end up scratching one of the rims on my car after a bus cuts me off on my way there, once I finally arrive to class the teacher announces a re-schedule. Should've just slept in :(.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline iri

« Reply #8641 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 10:00:54 »
I've put on a hoodie, went out and got all sweaty soon. It's late autumn. Am I turning into a Brit?

Also, got a puncture on my way to work. Today is the first day in the last half a year when I left a spare tube at home.

Also, nearly ****ed up something at work, but it all went well.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8642 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:28:27 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8643 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:33:18 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why not both?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8644 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:35:17 »
I'm at a loss....

Why not both?

Some people have enough self-control not to eat BOTH bags of Doritos.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8645 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:37:51 »
I'm at a loss....

Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Or Volcano Quesarito??  ??? ??? ???

Why not both?

And some people have enough sense to take a joke. ::)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8646 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:38:13 »
Damn, is there seriously a market for vanity plates or plates with particular combinations?  :-\ I have to remind myself that this community is a niche area sometimes, but it's so hard to see why the value for a license plate could be so outrageous. :P

If your gramps was a super important dude, then I guess that's a significant factor. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

yeah, the problem in the UK is that other than the Isle of Man, there are no changes in plates depending on where you live, other than the first two letters (I think Birmingham registered vehicles get the BH- prefix) as opposed to the USA where you can have 50 versions of the same plate depending on the state I think?

One thing I found funny when I went to Iceland, because they have such few cars, they have so few personalised plates. There was a Subway truck going round delivering to the chains and dropping off supplies and ****, had the plate SUBWAY 1. There were some other funny boy racer ones as well, but that subway one has always stuck with me.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8647 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:39:44 »
I'm at a loss....

Why not both?

Apparently

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8648 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:40:30 »
I'm at a loss....

Why not both?

Apparently

So we've established I can neither take a joke nor do I have any self-control. Any thing else?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8649 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:42:13 »
I'm at a loss....

Why not both?

Apparently

So we've established I can neither take a joke nor do I have any self-control. Any thing else?

k